(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

18 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Windows Defender or other antivirus software is likely interfering with MO and other programs that need to run in the virtual folder system. Disable real time protection while you run FNIS and other programs, or add your entire working folder (or individual executables) as an exclusion to WD.

Cheers. thank you! 

5 minutes ago, kaiteyc said:

Im sorry to bother again, but i have another question. 

I see a little red message and iam not sure what that is. 

explorer_0N8U7Yjjgt.png

That's from one of the latest versions of BS so it's not covered in the guide atm.

The first time a new set (armor or body to be built in BS) is added it'll be disabled by default (hence the filepath in red). During step 8.4 you should select all the sets in the first list, then pick the ones you want to build on the second one. From what I can tell BS will remember your selections here and the next time you need to build things the sets you previously selected should be already enabled, and the ones you didn't built before will stay disabled and with the red filepath. In case BS doesn't enable the sets you want to build, manually tick the checkmark besides the red filepath for the sets you want to build (for example if we're talking about female body sets, you likely want the CBBE Body Physics or Special, and not one of the Nevernude sets).

Give it a try and see if it behaves as expected. In my recent experience I didn't had much to tweak after the first time running BS, or the first time after adding mods with new sets.

11 hours ago, Just Don't said:

That's from one of the latest versions of BS so it's not covered in the guide atm.

The first time a new set (armor or body to be built in BS) is added it'll be disabled by default (hence the filepath in red). During step 8.4 you should select all the sets in the first list, then pick the ones you want to build on the second one. From what I can tell BS will remember your selections here and the next time you need to build things the sets you previously selected should be already enabled, and the ones you didn't built before will stay disabled and with the red filepath. In case BS doesn't enable the sets you want to build, manually tick the checkmark besides the red filepath for the sets you want to build (for example if we're talking about female body sets, you likely want the CBBE Body Physics or Special, and not one of the Nevernude sets).

Give it a try and see if it behaves as expected. In my recent experience I didn't had much to tweak after the first time running BS, or the first time after adding mods with new sets.

Thank you very much for ALL the help so far.  Everything is working finally in game i think? giggles  but i have one small issue and was hoping you could help.
A couple random things dont seem to want to "attach to me"?
I googled, and saw only one thing suggesting (install hdt-smp) wich i did! but its still happening. 

-All other things I have tried so far are working just great! - seems to be just these two for some reason :/

SkyrimSE_DiCm3PXkwB.png

SkyrimSE_WRkPnfGpbG.png

Edited by kaiteyc
1 hour ago, kaiteyc said:

I googled, and saw only one thing suggesting (install hdt-smp) wich i did! but its still happening. 

Ah these are the HDT items from DD, right? Confirm the HDT-SMP version you got is for the game/SKSE version you have. And after installing DD you'll need to open BS and build all the sets (I think you already did this), but make sure you're building the HDT versions of these sets. I think there is a group to rebuild only the things that have HDT options. To access these groups you need to click the magnifier button besides the "Group Filter" field and select "Choose groups" and enable the DD HDT/non-HDT group if you have one. This will limit the sets you can see to only the DD sets with HDT options, so you can batch build them and pick the HDT versions. After you're done with this part you can disable the group/clear the group filters so BS shows you all your sets again.

image.png.9b6a1ac2b5a7a1d50c39ac172ee05c52.png

That's the extend of what I know about that part of DD. I don't have it installed atm to check things on my side, so refer any other doubts or issues to the support thread for that mod for better help. Cheers.

Edited by Just Don't
28 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Ah these are the HDT items from DD, right? Confirm the HDT-SMP version you got is for the game/SKSE version you have. And after installing DD you'll need to open BS and build all the sets (I think you already did this), but make sure you're building the HDT versions of these sets. I think there is a group to rebuild only the things that have HDT options. To access these groups you need to click the magnifier button besides the "Group Filter" field and select "Choose groups" and enable the DD HDT/non-HDT group if you have one. This will limit the sets you can see to only the DD sets with HDT options, so you can batch build them and pick the HDT versions. After you're done with this part you can disable the group/clear the group filters so BS shows you all your sets again.

image.png.9b6a1ac2b5a7a1d50c39ac172ee05c52.png

That's the extend of what I know about that part of DD. I don't have it installed atm to check things on my side, so refer any other doubts or issues to the support thread for that mod for better help. Cheers.

That fixed the chains!!! 
-The ponytail plug is still in the ground though........I couldnt find it in BS to do the same thing. 

32 minutes ago, kaiteyc said:

-The ponytail plug is still in the ground though........I couldnt find it in BS to do the same thing. 

I don't know what's the cause for these items behaving like that, but I remember seeing some posts mentioning it in the DD support thread. I hope you can find the fix.

• Just Don't changed the title to (v1.2.0) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

I am still super confused on what option to use when i need to do a bodyslide...

there are a bunch to pick from and i am apparently maybe using the wrong one and thats why my stuff isnt working?

cbbe

cbbe physics

cbbe special
....etc

Like wich one are we supposed to use when needed :/

24 minutes ago, kaiteyc said:

there are a bunch to pick from and i am apparently maybe using the wrong one and thats why my stuff isnt working?

image.png.a7e77aab4b1eea834c6245bf314e8cf8.png

As it's already recommended in the guide: "CBBE Body Special" for physics (CBPC, maybe HDT-SMP if you go for it in the optional step 11). "CBBE Body" if you won't be using physics at all. And if you go for step 11 there are different body sets to be built and are also specifically mentioned (and you'll be building these instead of the base CBBE ones). 

But for specific details you can consult the CBBE description:

image.png.799a6ad9b44c65b99026f37cc0744139.png

Nevernude and underwear options aren't even mentioned since you'll likely want to avoid them if the main goal is end up using Sexlab.

Edited by Just Don't
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sam7HH said:

Hope someone can help me with this. FNIS keeps on crashing every time i try to run it. I have no clue why this is happening. I've followed every step up to index no. 7

Here's the video of the issue

Reveal hidden contents

Already answered here, good to know you could solve it. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me please. I'm trying to install SKSE. I've done the intitial steps and everything seems to be ok, but when I download the file from Nexus I get this pop up.

I even did the next step and opened skyrim. I checked my version and it is correct.

sksepic.JPG.69047d86f338812c95368fc28951e54e.JPG

skseini.JPG

3 hours ago, wayandean said:

when I download the file from Nexus I get this pop up.

Did you get a prompt to associate nexusmods links during the MO2 install/setup part? Do you see a prompt from your browser after pressing the "mod manager download" button? If so you should accept so MO2 can handle the nexusmods downloads.

You can also go to MO2 Settings-> Nexus and press the "Associate with..." button:

image.png.3ce6ba45067aaf8d27fee021ffcb5cf4.png

If your issue persist it could be something else on your side, but sure what it could be.

3 hours ago, wayandean said:

I even did the next step and opened skyrim. I checked my version and it is correct.

The file you're trying to install at that point is just a config file with a couple of recommended settings. SKSE was already installed. But if you're having problems at this point you won't be able to directly download nexusmods files into MO2. So by all means try to solve it before moving on.

5 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Did you get a prompt to associate nexusmods links during the MO2 install/setup part? Do you see a prompt from your browser after pressing the "mod manager download" button? If so you should accept so MO2 can handle the nexusmods downloads.

You can also go to MO2 Settings-> Nexus and press the "Associate with..." button:

image.png.3ce6ba45067aaf8d27fee021ffcb5cf4.png

If your issue persist it could be something else on your side, but sure what it could be.

The file you're trying to install at that point is just a config file with a couple of recommended settings. SKSE was already installed. But if you're having problems at this point you won't be able to directly download nexusmods files into MO2. So by all means try to solve it before moving on.

Thank you so much, that worked

Ok I'm having another small problem with LOOT. I downloaded this file from LOOT the website given.

loot.JPG.988878cfdc19d93d9a855a973f7df34f.JPG

I closed MO. Everything seemed to launch normally. LOOT displayed only the base game as expected. I closed LOOT and then opened MO but LOOT is not in the executable list.

I read online that I can open edit in the executable list

loot1.JPG.170d4cf16f35990cd3db015a94a2b5d5.JPG

Change the title to LOOT. Change the binary too the LOOT app but the was nothing in the LOOT folder in drive C (where I thought I downloaded it to). There is however a loot folder in my skyrimMods working file that I created. This is what is in there.

loot2.JPG.3d3c96fffe20d822a8939b592149f69b.JPG

Do I select one of these or have I done something wrong somewhere????

Any help much appreciated.

4 hours ago, wayandean said:

Do I select one of these or have I done something wrong somewhere????

Are you sure the LOOT installation was completed successfully? That does not look like a complete install. This are some of my installed LOOT files

image.png.01c60bd167730c3c7eecae2d1adf2a7f.png

Verify you got the correct install folder to add the LOOT exe manually. That dll and exe you show in the last image is the integrated LOOT version MO2 has, not the standalone one you're trying to install in that step.

Try uninstalling LOOT and installing it again (maybe try leaving the default install path). This shouldn't be a problem at all unless the program wasn't installed correctly.

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

Are you sure the LOOT installation was completed successfully? That does not look like a complete install. This are some of my installed LOOT files

image.png.01c60bd167730c3c7eecae2d1adf2a7f.png

Verify you got the correct install folder to add the LOOT exe manually. That dll and exe you show in the last image is the integrated LOOT version MO2 has, not the standalone one you're trying to install in that step.

Try uninstalling LOOT and installing it again (maybe try leaving the default install path). This shouldn't be a problem at all unless the program wasn't installed correctly.

Thanks for your help. I reinstalled it and found it in program files. Previously I had looked in program files x86. Fingers crossed it's plain sailing from now on.

• Just Don't changed the title to (v1.3.0) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

hello I have been modding skyrim for years with Mod organizer 2. I have always made exclusions of folders and exe files from MO2 for my antivirus and the Windows 10 security system ( also for tools ). Since the last updates of MO2 and I think also of Window ( upgrade last python and java ). The system refuses to launch utilities from MO2 and even the Skse. I tried a bit of everything, I even asked on the Mo2 discord, but they couldn't find the answer? I use version 5.0 alpha 3. because I had big problems with the installation of mods in older versions and then I had a lot of freezing. Many crashes also with mod installations, which I don't have at all with the 5.0 Alpha version which is fluid and manages mod downloads and installations wonderfully. while the other versions disasters. so if you can help me here because I'm sad to no longer be able to play and mod Skyrim special edition. ( sorry google translate i am french ). in files its zip folder with my crash and mo2 report. thanks

error 87.7z

Edited by demicabestan
8 hours ago, demicabestan said:

I had big problems with the installation of mods in older versions and then I had a lot of freezing. Many crashes also with mod installations, which I don't have at all with the 5.0 Alpha version which is fluid and manages mod downloads and installations wonderfully. while the other versions disasters.

If you had problems with current/previous releases and the alpha isn't working either I'd say you have something else going on in your computer, other than MO2 itself... The few instances of error 87 reported seem to be gone once you make the proper exceptions in the AV software or after a system restart.

I don't think what you mention here is the regular user experience, not mine at least. And I'm not sure which alpha version you mean, is it the MO2 2.5.0 alpha? I don't use it, so I can't help you with that.

4 hours ago, Just Don't said:

If you had problems with current/previous releases and the alpha isn't working either I'd say you have something else going on in your computer, other than MO2 itself... The few instances of error 87 reported seem to be gone once you make the proper exceptions in the AV software or after a system restart.

I don't think what you mention here is the regular user experience, not mine at least. And I'm not sure which alpha version you mean, is it the MO2 2.5.0 alpha? I don't use it, so I can't help you with that.

Hello i talk about  Mo2 5.0 alpha 3.0  take on discord MO2 , i don't  have problem for launch tools in MO2 official 2.4.4  ( exception in antivirus wotking fine ) but  i have other problem when i try to install mod in MO 2 4.4   , ctd , bad installation , also many freeze.    Also i try for see Mo2  5.0 alpha 3  , this version resolve my problem with install of mod  , nothing freeze   but introduce problem error 57 with launch of tools .  i keep save of my old MO 2.4.4.  In finality i comeback to 2..4.4  but i  keep my problem with install of mod inside Mo2 ?

today i return on official version 2.4.4 of nexus , i download patch since nexus i try to install and CTD ?  

copy [2022-06-10 21:16:26.373 I] Checking updates for 1 mods...
[2022-06-10 21:17:00.516 I] Checking updates for 1 mods...
[2022-06-10 21:22:36.855 I] Checking updates for 2 mods...
[2022-06-10 21:23:21.300 E] ModOrganizer has crashed, core dump created.

ModOrganizer-2.4.4-20220610T212320.dmp

Edited by demicabestan
1 hour ago, demicabestan said:

i don't  have problem for launch tools in MO2 official 2.4.4  ( exception in antivirus wotking fine ) but  i have other problem when i try to install mod in MO 2 4.4   , ctd , bad installation , also many freeze.

Again, that many issues with the current MO2 release would imply something is fundamentally wrong on your side. The only thing I could recommend you is to try starting from a completely new MO2 installation (with no traces of MO2 installs or instances, as well as standalone versions of python or java you installed because... you shouldn't need to do that to begin with, MO2 will install the necessary python dependencies, and it doesn't even use java so...??). Other than that I think the MO2 discord is a way better place to ask for help (you could even find other French speaking users to solve any language barriers).

And I don't use the MO2 alpha so I won't comment on that.

• 1 month later...

Hi, first off thank you for making this guide. Its been a real help so far. However, I have run into a issue with adding Skyrim script extender to MO. I added the selected files from Skse to my Skyrim SE install, and then went to MO to complete the remaining steps. Yet it wasn't there. I honestly don't know what I'm missing, or if I did anything wrong. But at this point I am absolutely stuck, and would appreciate any help. Thank you for you time.

2 hours ago, Wastlandcourier said:

Hi, first off thank you for making this guide. Its been a real help so far. However, I have run into a issue with adding Skyrim script extender to MO. I added the selected files from Skse to my Skyrim SE install, and then went to MO to complete the remaining steps. Yet it wasn't there. I honestly don't know what I'm missing, or if I did anything wrong. But at this point I am absolutely stuck, and would appreciate any help. Thank you for you time.

Verify you installed the dll and exe files from SKSE in the correct folder (your actual Skyrim SE install inside Steam). Only the \scripts are installed through MO. Also check you got the proper SKSE release for your game. After that SKSE should be in your executable list. If you can't find it in there you can manually add it by going to the executable settings (the green-blue gear icon or the "Edit..." line in the expanded executable list):

image.png.ea40e786dc6371435fef07ab685404b5.png

From there press the + button and select "Add from file...", you'll need to navigate to your Skyrim SE install and select the "skse64_loader.exe" file. The other fields should be filled automatically (you only need to worry about "Title", "Binary" and "Start in"). Then press Apply and Okay to go back to MO. Then expand the executable list and you should see your newly added SKSE one in there.