(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

14 hours ago, klhdiewojmp said:

Update 3: Restoring default ini files helped, movement works fine now. Any takes on what was the issue with the bethINI generated files?

Not really. The instructions cover only the most basic usage with no additional tweaks. I can't imagine it causing such a noticeable problem without other  factors involved. You could try using it again, just keep a backup of your current config files to quickly revert if you find the issue again. If you do and can replicate the issue, I'd like to see the content of said files (so if you feel like sharing them that'd be great).

That being said you can totally do without BethINI, you'll likely need to add or edit some settings anyway if a mod requires specific settings. And that's something you do manually no matter what. BethINI gives you a little head start with some common tweaks and "recommended" settings (and even that is arguable and I've seen people not liking some changes, so seriously at the end of the day is your choice).

• 3 weeks later...

Following the guide, BodySlide builds meshes into Game Root/meshes folder, instead of replacing them in CBBE mod folder. This results in the meshes not showing up in-game since they're overwritten by CBBE mod. I can set an output path in BodySlide and it'll output to that particular folder. Still, nothing gets replaced into the CBBE folder, and the Bodyslide Output mod I setup in MO stays empty, not matter what I do. What gives?

I'm using SME - Skyrim Modding Essentials as a base.

Solved, for some reason I had the checkbox above Batch Build checked, that caused this issue

Edited by SJBlack2014
3 hours ago, SJBlack2014 said:

Solved, for some reason I had the checkbox above Batch Build checked, that caused this issue

The check above Batch build only affects the set you have currently selected in the "Outfit/Body" field. You're only choosing to build that particular set over others. That has nothing to do with the location of the files you get.

Besides that, that's not how installing and using bodyslide in MO works. I suspect there is something else going on, probably with the way SME installs things (if I understand things right this is a WJ list, so it has its own folder structure and very likely mod/program settings too).

• Just Don't changed the title to (v1.4.1) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 10:57 AM, LisaHarper325 said:

Hey man, just wanted to thank you for this guide, it's a really great guide and I had no trouble setting up my mods and everything, which I couldn't have done without your guide even tho I already had some knowledge.
Thank you for your work.

You're welcome and thanks. Always happy to see this is still useful.

On 1/4/2023 at 12:03 AM, Skaldy said:

hi anyone can help me, i followed instructions for both version SKSE run fine but anything related to SKSE is not in game. SkyUI, Racemenu and other thing. Body mods work only. Did i miss something?

You need to enable the mods... and that's it. I don't know. You could share a screenshot of your MO so we can see if there is anything out of place. Also what do you mean with "both version"? You need to pick one executable/SKSE to stay on and go with it. And confirm you're starting the game with the SKSE executable in MO.

Edited by Just Don't

Hey there!

Sorry for asking this question but i have never got this solved even after watching insane YT tutorials and getting an stable mod list to over 2k mods.

Its possible to get 2 radically diferent mod lists to work in the same Skyrim?

I mean that i like to keep around "epic" skyrim (basically an skyrim 2) and HentaiSimulatorSkyrim.   

But since both of those modlists use the same base i end up bloating a LOT of space for having 2 copies of the game + their mod list.

Once i tried to use Profiles but i did not work as i expected as (if i remember correctly) i had to manually turn off and on a few mods depending on what type of skyrim i was going to play and it led to messing up my saves and stuff (im not even sure if its called profiles.. i think so at least)

Do you have any way to get this to work? Or i just have to keep as i usually do.

I have not starting to mod anything yet, literally just installed AE as my pc is shiny new and im getting everything in place regarding windows.

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
9 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Once i tried to use Profiles but i did not work as i expected as (if i remember correctly) i had to manually turn off and on a few mods depending on what type of skyrim i was going to play and it led to messing up my saves and stuff (im not even sure if its called profiles.. i think so at least)

MO profiles should work here. You don't need to manually turn off and on mods constantly, only the first time to configure each profile. But you'll need to have full control over mod files and files generated by mods or tools like Bodyslide or FNIS.

image.png.5740ceffc51ae3ccf0ab74d1f4f25184.png

1. Once you have MO installed and ready select "<Manage...>" in the Profile list.
  2. Press "Copy" or "Create" to add a second profile, your first one is called "Default", you can rename it.
  3. Recommended: enable profile-specific save games (that way you won't see saves from your other characters/profiles while loading/saving ingame).
  4. Every mod you install in MO will appear in all profiles, you need to enable or disable them depending on what you want. Each profile has its own modlist with mods enabled/disabled, as well as its own loadorder.
  5. In case you're using BodySlide with different bodies or presets you'll need to generate all your sets and save them into a specific mod (and keep said mod enabled only in the corresponding profile), for your other profiles you should have a second mod containing all the BS files for this second profile (for this I remember using CTRL + Batch build since you can specify the output of all the files BS generates instead of just the new files which is the default behavior).
  6. Same goes for FNIS if you use different animations, you'll need to save the files FNIS generates into separate mods for each profile and enable/disable them accordingly.
  7. And any other patcher or program that needs to be run before starting to play, like DynDOLOD or xEdit patchers, Synthesis, etc. Keep a separate set of patches for any profiles that require them.

Once you install all your mods and use all the programs to set the required files in place you can start playing with either profile by switching between them from the list. All your previous work should be already saved and done so you don't need to keep enabling or disabling things manually. And each profile should have a separate set of saves so you don't mix them (these saves, as well as the modlist.txt and loadorder.txt are stored in your MO2\Profiles\<profile name> folder if you're using the recommended settings for a portable instance).

Edited by Just Don't
31 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

MO profiles should work here. You don't need to manually turn off and on mods constantly, only the first time to configure each profile. But you'll need to have full control over mod files and files generated by mods or tools like Bodyslide or FNIS.

image.png.5740ceffc51ae3ccf0ab74d1f4f25184.png

1. Once you have MO installed and ready select "<Manage...>" in the Profile list.
  2. Press "Copy" or "Create" to add a second profile, your first one is called "Default", you can rename it.
  3. Recommended: enable profile-specific save games (that way you won't see saves from your other characters/profiles while loading/saving ingame).
  4. Every mod you install in MO will appear in all profiles, you need to enable or disable them depending on what you want. Each profile has its own modlist with mods enabled/disabled, as well as its own loadorder.
  5. In case you're using BodySlide with different bodies or presets you'll need to generate all your sets and save them into a specific mod (and keep said mod enabled only in the corresponding profile), for your other profiles you should have a second mod containing all the BS files for this second profile (for this I remember using CTRL + Batch build since you can specify the output of all the files BS generates instead of just the new files which is the default behavior).
  6. Same goes for FNIS if you use different animations, you'll need to save the files FNIS generates into separate mods for each profile and enable/disable them accordingly.
  7. And any other patcher or program that needs to be run before starting to play, like DynDOLOD or xEdit patchers, Synthesis, etc. Keep a separate set of patches for any profiles that require them.

Once you install all your mods and use all the programs to set the required files in place you can start playing with either profile by switching between them from the list. All your previous work should be already saved and done so you don't need to keep enabling or disabling things manually. And each profile should have a separate set of saves so you don't mix them (these saves, as well as the modlist.txt and loadorder.txt are stored in your MO2\Profiles\<profile name> folder if you're using the recommended settings for a portable instance).

HOLY SHIT THANK YOU.

after 2+ years of looking for this explanation i finally got it.

thank you so much. 

So i guess the best course would be to first follow this guide, get everything working and then make a new profile, right?

Also: i remember that my main issue was that if i activated a lewd mod (lets say TAWOBA) it would also appear activated in the "epic" profile, your way solves that, right?

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

So i guess the best course would be to first follow this guide, get everything working and then make a new profile, right?

If you have a complete modlist already done yes, then you can copy that as a new profile and tweak it to add or disable mods for that second profile in particular.

1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Also: i remember that my main issue was that if i activated a lewd mod (lets say TAWOBA) it would also appear activated in the "epic" profile, your way solves that, right?

You need to enable or disable mods for each profile at least once. Do that before you start playing with these profiles. It's the same process you'd have to do to get a single profile in MO, you need to enable or disable things in the modlist, sort your loadorder, use FNIS and other programs to generate the required files and so on. Now you need to do the same for each profile you want to make.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 2:57 PM, LisaHarper325 said:

Hey man, just wanted to thank you for this guide, it's a really great guide and I had no trouble setting up my mods and everything, which I couldn't have done without your guide even tho I already had some knowledge.
Thank you for your work.

I wanna say exactly this as well. There were a few hiccups like schlongs requiring a different skse plugin for it to work on AE but in general a great guide.

5 hours ago, kozakalex2000 said:

I wanna say exactly this as well. There were a few hiccups like schlongs requiring a different skse plugin for it to work on AE but in general a great guide.

Oh yeah, there's a SOS installer providing the dll for all the 1.6+ executable versions. I forgot to include it the last time I updated the pdf.

Sadly it's not something I can automate and most of the times these things fly under my radar because I'm still playing in 1.5. The only times I go into 1.6+ is to test if things work or not and to get the necessary info to write some instructions.

Edited by Just Don't

Any idea why SKSE would tell me payprusutil.dll and sexlabutil.dll are outdated?  I uninstalled both and reinstalled them.  I double checked my skyrim SE version and it is the 1.64 or whatever the AE forced it to, so I have all the up to date versions of everything involved.

I have no idea what I could be missing.  I double checked the versions and reinstalled SKSE, Papyrus, and Sexlab Framework.  

2 hours ago, gooberboy9999 said:

Any idea why SKSE would tell me payprusutil.dll and sexlabutil.dll are outdated?  I uninstalled both and reinstalled them.  I double checked my skyrim SE version and it is the 1.64 or whatever the AE forced it to, so I have all the up to date versions of everything involved.

I have no idea what I could be missing.  I double checked the versions and reinstalled SKSE, Papyrus, and Sexlab Framework.  

Confirm no other mod is providing old versions of these files (so no losing conflicts for SL framework at least) and verify you have the correct Address Library installed.

• Just Don't changed the title to (v1.4.2) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

Greetings, first off thank you for the guide ut is very helpful for explaining to an mo2 newbie how to use it and it works perfectly or at least it did until I encountered a weird problem.

When I have 400 or more mods enabled alternate start stops working. If I have 399 mods enabled alternate start works as per usual.

(The obvious yes I have alternate started sorted to load it last, yes I only have 127 esp active the rest are espfe/esl and lastly its doent seem to matter what mod takes the 399 slot once alternate start is then 400th im back in the bloody cart go to helgan)

Any advice or speculation would be appreciated did I possible miss a step is there and actual mod limit in mo2?

Thank you

3 hours ago, nathrielos said:

is there and actual mod limit in mo2?

No. Or if there is, it's clearly more than 400.

Limits to look for are 255 ESM+ESP files, you're right ESL and ESL-flagged plugins won't count (although there is a specific ESL limit of 4000 ESL files or something like that?) and 500 something ESM+ESP files counting enabled and disabled mods (this was a big deal for mod managers such as NMM or Wrye Bash, not so much for things like Vortex or MO because these don't let disabled plugins sitting on your \data folder). All of this is in your loadorder, so right side of MO, your left side shouldn't be a problem at all.

I don't use Alternate Start - LAL myself (I only recommend it because it's so popular and already known), but checking the comments it could be because of another limit Skyrim has for open file handles (is it the same 500 something limit for disabled+enabled plugins? idk), try using Engine Fixes which by default raises this limit. Note that this mod has 2 parts, part 1 can be added to MO as any other mod, part 2 must be installed directly in your game install (not in \data) so install that part manually.

Edited by Just Don't
2 hours ago, nathrielos said:

thank you so much for the quick response, and thank you  it worked it worked it worked yay, thank you for the your clear solution thank you yay

Nice. Glad to know the proposed solution worked. I'll look into adding some recommended mods such as Engine Fixes to the things covered in the guide.

Edited by Just Don't
9 hours ago, nathrielos said:

hello again, thank you again for for your quick response. and i know this might not be the place for this question but do you have any idea if paradise halls and slavern are compatible with each other just looking for some advice before i bork my save?

I don't use either of those mods. You can try in a new save or ask in the respective support thread for each mod.

• 3 weeks later...

Add me to your list of thankful people. I've tried to mod Skyrim with Loverslab mods multiple times over the years and it never worked for me, there have always been issues. Your guide is the first one that worked without any problems. Again, thank you.

On 4/14/2023 at 7:48 PM, Lum3t said:

Add me to your list of thankful people. I've tried to mod Skyrim with Loverslab mods multiple times over the years and it never worked for me, there have always been issues. Your guide is the first one that worked without any problems. Again, thank you.

You're welcome.

I'm quite happy with how things are now, unless there's some drastic change in a mod or a new Steam update, all the info covered in the guide should be as accurate as possible.

• 1 month later...

hello i have a question, so i have downloaded the immersive and adult collection over at nexus but wanted to use some of the loveslab mods and i was thinking if following this guide to mod the game do u think this would mess with the collection? or is there a way to make kinda like 2 modded games one for loverslab and another for nexus?

11 hours ago, paultergise said:

hello i have a question, so i have downloaded the immersive and adult collection over at nexus but wanted to use some of the loveslab mods and i was thinking if following this guide to mod the game do u think this would mess with the collection?

Anything you install on top of a collection/WJ modlist is on you. You'll have to confirm the install and set up process is correct, amend loadorder and patches if needed and so on. Also, collections are a Vortex thing, right? This guide isn't for Vortex really. You could take the mods and try to install and configure them in a similar way to what's shown here but everything else won't apply to Vortex.

11 hours ago, paultergise said:

or is there a way to make kinda like 2 modded games one for loverslab and another for nexus?

You can have as many instances of a modded game with MO2, no idea about Vortex. And I wouldn't recommend mixing Vortex and MO2 even if you're trying to mod separate versions of the game with them.