(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

5 hours ago, Just Don't said:

This is from 2013 (see File history).

image.png.3935574ed404a8a0743a581cc73b2131.png

And now I found out the second screenshot I posted before is taken from the Covered Carriages from Skyrim (2013-2014). So I'm not too sure about the SE as a culprit hypothesis. I guess there is more going on about what exactly causes the issue. And also that a lot of people, me included, were completely clueless about it (it's in the images to showcase so many mods). Perhaps one day we'll discover the truth.

Oh right, I get what you mean now. I usually overwrite vanilla outfits from CBBE with other replacers (sometimes with things less lore-friendly and way more bouncier, sometimes I try things like NordWarUA and similar replacers). The CBBE outfits are good have as a base.

It ain't a sin to be bouncy lol. Do you have any personal recommendations for CBBE outfit replacers that are on the lore-friendly side? I'd give my left nut for this to be converted for SSE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65831

On 5/4/2021 at 11:34 PM, skydragon92 said:

Do you have any personal recommendations for CBBE outfit replacers that are on the lore-friendly side? I'd give my left nut for this to be converted for SSE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65831

The problem is as CBBE for SE already provides BS support for nearly every vanilla outfit, there aren't external projects to do it. In LE there were 2-3 UUNP mods and some CBBE, like the one you link, around for this.

A possible workaround would be add High Poly Armor Replacer for CBBE (Physics) and check if the outfits you want have physics with that mod. If you go this route you'll need to install and place this mod below CBBE in the modlist and check BodySlide to see the sets it adds, build them and check in game if they're bouncy.

The other solution would be to directly port the mod you're linking, for which there are dedicated threads and resources  (see the "Converting Oldrim Files" section near the top of that thread). I haven't done any of the previous, so I can't tell you much more  

• Just Don't changed the title to (v1.1.1) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"
45 minutes ago, invers said:

welp was just over half way and somehow everything was deleted  when i got to "9 SSE edit". now i need to restart completelly

What do you mean with "everything was deleted"? The SSE Edit folders? Your MO2 install? Your working folder? Your game install?

And how did you manage to accomplish that? I can't think of a reasonable way to lose any of the above things spontaneously. That's simply not how things work.

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

What do you mean with "everything was deleted"? The SSE Edit folders? Your MO2 install? Your working folder? Your game install?

And how did you manage to accomplish that? I can't think of a reasonable way to lose any of the above things spontaneously. That's simply not how things work.

i was using SSE edit to clean up ( Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, HearthFires.esm and Dragonborn.esm) and then launched the game loaded everything but didnt see any of the stuff i downloaded from the guide. before using SSE i had all files and all of them worked perfectly no problems or anything. i'll redo the guide and try again but if it happens again i'll share it

9 minutes ago, invers said:

i was using SSE edit to clean up ( Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, HearthFires.esm and Dragonborn.esm) and then launched the game loaded everything but didnt see any of the stuff i downloaded from the guide. before using SSE i had all files and all of them worked perfectly no problems or anything. i'll redo the guide and try again but if it happens again i'll share it

Did you start the game with MO2 open and using the SKSE executable as instructed? There is no reason to lose your mods or MO2 install, seriously, can you check if the files are still where you put them? If you forgot to use SKSE through MO2 you're launching a game without mods because everything is in MO, not your game install.

And if something went wrong while using SSE Edit (again, no way it removed all your mods/MO2) you can get already cleaned files, it's an option in the same step where I link the guide to clean the official esm files. You don't need to use SSE Edit for anything else covered in the guide. But you'll likely have problems for using it later if you can't get it to work as intended now.

6 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Did you start the game with MO2 open and using the SKSE executable as instructed? There is no reason to lose your mods or MO2 install, seriously, can you check if the files are still where you put them? If you forgot to use SKSE through MO2 you're launching a game without mods because everything is in MO, not your game install.

And if something went wrong while using SSE Edit (again, no way it removed all your mods/MO2) you can get already cleaned files, it's an option in the same step where I link the guide to clean the official esm files. You don't need to use SSE Edit for anything else covered in the guide. But you'll likely have problems for using it later if you can't get it to work as intended now.

no, since modding skyrim i have started to only use mo2 so it's not that i used the wrong launcher. i also checked the mp2 mod staging folder and there weren't any of the ones i had installed. maybe i did something wrong wich caused it but i'm not sure. i'll continue tomorrow and see if i can fix it

53 minutes ago, alranteesi said:

how many animations can register with sexlab se github version

Last change in that regard would be this one. So 1k, while the current beta release allows 750. There are other changes worth noting, but I'm not up to date with the github version. 

image.png.58e21dbfc3241da7ae16903287dd857c.png

15 minutes ago, alranteesi said:

after install github verson the game ctd after complete mcm

There is a reason for not covering that version here: I don't use it so I'm not familiar with its usage or known issues.

If you want more info and actual help post in the thread for the current Sexlab framework beta. I've seen the github version mentioned a few times and people using it post there about it too.

6 minutes ago, Gero Valta said:

The (Required) Fuz Ro Doh. Link in Guide takes me to

That's a weird one. The mod id and the game part was fine in the url, but the domain was different. Probably an old link I kept in there or it was thrown in the mix at some point. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it in the next upload, I'll check all the other links for safe measure.

• Just Don't changed the title to (v1.1.2) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

Hey Sexlab is working.

Now I will try to add animations, other immersion mods and actually start to upgrade the visuals.

Thank you for the Guide.

...... Learning about MO2 has been a great help. I still skipped some steps due to lack of patience. but  Hey Sexlab is working.

18 hours ago, Gero Valta said:

Hey Sexlab is working.

That's the goal. I'm happy this was useful to you.

18 hours ago, Gero Valta said:

I still skipped some steps due to lack of patience.

internally screaming

28 minutes ago, Temno Rytsar said:

Can we have steam in one hard drive and MO2 and Skyrim in another?

Yes. Only recommendation as stated in the guide is keep everything game/mod related in a SSD if you have one with enough space for that (only exception would be downloads which can be stored in an HDD without much worry).

edit: oh and if you mean Steam in specific you'll need to make a different Steam library in the other drive, for that check the official Steam article about moving libraries which covers the creation of new libraries part.

Edited by Just Don't
On 5/31/2021 at 7:01 PM, Just Don't said:

That's the goal. I'm happy this was useful to you.

internally screaming

Yes. Only recommendation as stated in the guide is keep everything game/mod related in a SSD if you have one with enough space for that (only exception would be downloads which can be stored in an HDD without much worry).

edit: oh and if you mean Steam in specific you'll need to make a different Steam library in the other drive, for that check the official Steam article about moving libraries which covers the creation of new libraries part.

Great, thanks for the info. I purchased a new drive to give me more space for moddable games. And now I know I do not need to have steam in the same drive.

• 4 weeks later...

This guide really has helped me learn so much. Thank you. You have been generous in your knowledge, and that has helped many people.

Unfortunately, the guide has "disappeared" for me. I see the intro, but the guide itself is not there. Its just intro, then all the comments. I tried with more than one browser. It may very well be some security thing on my end, but can others see the guide? I frequently use it as a reference.

Thanks again!

14 minutes ago, trgdolors said:

Unfortunately, the guide has "disappeared" for me. I see the intro, but the guide itself is not there. Its just intro, then all the comments. I tried with more than one browser. It may very well be some security thing on my end, but can others see the guide?

I moved it into a pdf file a few weeks ago. I couldn't update the main post with newer screenshots because of new limits for attached files, so I had to do something. And moving things into a pdf was the best workaround I could find.

The file is right after the "The guide - Download and recommended usage" title in green. Press the file name and it should start the download. If you can't see the file, wait a while and reload the page (it could be the site acting weird, but I haven't seen entire files disappearing tbh).

image.png.1a30a59c76b9ca2ee9f03c42bd82553b.png

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly Skyrim modding is supper intimidating. I've just skimmed the guide and it looks good. I appreciate that it doesn't have you dl 200 gbs of visuals mods. I usually end up giving up half way through trying to get mods working. But I'll give it a shot again with this guide.

1 hour ago, Untolddead said:

Honestly Skyrim modding is supper intimidating. I've just skimmed the guide and it looks good. I appreciate that it doesn't have you dl 200 gbs of visuals mods. I usually end up giving up half way through trying to get mods working. But I'll give it a shot again with this guide.

This covers the most basic aspects. The final result is ~25 mods installed (give or take depending on some optional components) and a couple of programs on top of that (BethINI, LOOT, SSE Edit, etc.). It's a bit long because I suck at explaining basic things, but the guide is all about explaining basic things. So I did my best and included screenshots for visual aid.

I hope you give this a chance and can get to a working game. If you have any doubts ask away.