(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

• Just Don't changed the title to (v1.1.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"
  • Ashal unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

I cannot thank you enough for posting this guide. I have literally sent months getting piecemeal information from other places, threads and various sources. I have slowly been figuring things out a little bit at a time but finally I found this guide and decided to just completely wipe everything and follow this guide step by step. I was beside myself when I booted it up and it worked. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

On 10/13/2021 at 2:03 AM, foxboi84 said:

I cannot thank you enough for posting this guide. I have literally sent months getting piecemeal information from other places, threads and various sources. I have slowly been figuring things out a little bit at a time but finally I found this guide and decided to just completely wipe everything and follow this guide step by step. I was beside myself when I booted it up and it worked. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

You're welcome. I hope you can now wreck (not really) your game with plenty of mods (added a few at a time and with proper testing) to improve your experience. Enjoy.

Edited by Just Don't

Thank you so much for all the very detailed instructions (Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools, From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!")! I've been following the instruction step-by-step, using SE 1.5.97 and SKSE 2.0.20.  I was already beginning to feel optimistic, until...

I'm now at point 10.1. Most of the installing should be done, and FNIS doesn't give me any errors or warnings. First oddity came when starting the game, I get a notice to register to Bethesda.net and type in my email, and I noticed I couldn't type "@". Well I skipped that with Tab and proceeded to new game and character creation, but I can't continue from there (typing"R" or clicking DONE with mouse). However, all the letters, including "R" work fine when typing in filter tool. The only way to proceed or come out from Character creation page is to use ctrl-alt-del and end the game. The solution to my problem is propably very simple, but I just don't figure it out (Yes, I'm a beginner dealing with mods). I don't get (or  find) an option to check my keyboard command settings, and didn't find a similar case/solution from other forum threads. 

3 hours ago, Chaos1971 said:

Thank you so much for all the very detailed instructions (Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools, From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!")! I've been following the instruction step-by-step, using SE 1.5.97 and SKSE 2.0.20.  I was already beginning to feel optimistic, until...

I'm now at point 10.1. Most of the installing should be done, and FNIS doesn't give me any errors or warnings. First oddity came when starting the game, I get a notice to register to Bethesda.net and type in my email, and I noticed I couldn't type "@". Well I skipped that with Tab and proceeded to new game and character creation, but I can't continue from there (typing"R" or clicking DONE with mouse). However, all the letters, including "R" work fine when typing in filter tool. The only way to proceed or come out from Character creation page is to use ctrl-alt-del and end the game. The solution to my problem is propably very simple, but I just don't figure it out (Yes, I'm a beginner dealing with mods). I don't get (or  find) an option to check my keyboard command settings, and didn't find a similar case/solution from other forum threads. 

UPDATE. I tried original SE 1.5.95 through Steam, without SKSE and mods and didn't have any problems going through character creation and playing the game. The solution to my other problem, quitting the game was embarrasingly easy, just scrolling down the main menu list. I think it was visible in main mane without scrolling when I played last time, some 4 years ago. However, that didn't help me in my main problem: When starting with SKSE and all the mods, only part of the commands work when creating the character. For example, I can zoom in and out, but I can't rotate with camera (A-W-S-D), and I can't continue ("R "/ done). Same thing happenes with alternate start and original start, I can't proceed. I deeply appreciate if anyone has any hints, and meanwhile will try to figure it out... and uninstall-reinstall everything is nothing else works.

4 hours ago, Chaos1971 said:

First oddity came when starting the game, I get a notice to register to Bethesda.net and type in my email, and I noticed I couldn't type "@". Well I skipped that with Tab and proceeded to new game and character creation, but I can't continue from there (typing"R" or clicking DONE with mouse). However, all the letters, including "R" work fine when typing in filter tool. The only way to proceed or come out from Character creation page is to use ctrl-alt-del and end the game. The solution to my problem is propably very simple, but I just don't figure it out (Yes, I'm a beginner dealing with mods). I don't get (or  find) an option to check my keyboard command settings, and didn't find a similar case/solution from other forum threads.

That's a known issue from the Bethesda platform. I'd stay away from all that. I'm not sure exactly which mods or settings I have, but I've never seen that login screen. I'll look into it and update the posts to convey that info as I see it's somewhat relevant given the latest changes. Do you have the game on Steam?

In the mean time, you can check the help article about not being able to write "@" and other special characters in that part. I'm not sure if this will also solve your other input issues (R, WASD, and so on) but I'm thinking that is likely linked to that borked bethesda login horror.

4 hours ago, Just Don't said:

That's a known issue from the Bethesda platform. I'd stay away from all that. I'm not sure exactly which mods or settings I have, but I've never seen that login screen. I'll look into it and update the posts to convey that info as I see it's somewhat relevant given the latest changes. Do you have the game on Steam?

In the mean time, you can check the help article about not being able to write "@" and other special characters in that part. I'm not sure if this will also solve your other input issues (R, WASD, and so on) but I'm thinking that is likely linked to that borked bethesda login horror.

Yes, I have the game on Steam, When I start Skyrim I get this prompt to create an account is what I begin with , no matter if I start the unmodded version via Steam, or modded version via MO2 - SKSE launcher. I was not worried about the prompt, I just skip it with Tab. 

I uninstalled everything related to Skyrim and reinstalled it on Steam, then downgraded to version 1.5.97, blocked updating, and  made sure I followed every following step correctly through the instructions, installing all the mandatory and optional mods instructed but nothing else. SKSE is 2.00.20. Everything goes smoothly until "10.1 Starting a new game to do some tests". No errors or warnings on FNIS.

Btw, when running LOOT executable, I get this note, saying the "Unofficial SSE patch.esp requires SSE version 1.6.318.0" (pic attached). I'm not sure if that's just fine and has nothing to do with the actual problem or not, but since that that is an optional mod and related to "Alternate Start - LAL", I tried disabling both the .esp -mod and the alternate start -LAL -mod. That didn't change anything. Starting modden game via MO2 - SKSE launch but with original starting scenario, where I get to to the phase to create my player character, the situation is identical as when having alternate start - LAL:

- Of all possible commands at that point, not the key nor mouse left-click don't work on R (Done), A, W, S, D (Camera movement), and Z

- Following commands do work: Space, L Alt, L Ctrl, F5, F9, E+Tab

- all keys work normally when writing to the filter field or if I open the console and write

I haven't got a clue how to solve this... Damn. I was so looking forward to experience Skyrim with NSFW twist.

Create Account.jpg

LOOT view.jpg

23 minutes ago, Chaos1971 said:

Btw, when running LOOT executable, I get this note, saying the "Unofficial SSE patch.esp requires SSE version 1.6.318.0" (pic attached). I'm not sure if that's just fine and has nothing to do with the actual problem or not, but since that that is an optional mod and related to "Alternate Start - LAL", I tried disabling both the .esp -mod and the alternate start -LAL -mod. That didn't change anything. Starting modden game via MO2 - SKSE launch but with original starting scenario, where I get to to the phase to create my player character, the situation is identical as when having alternate start - LAL:

The Unofficial patch updated to support the latest version. For safe measure use this version instead. And don't update to the one you can download from the nexus or other sites. I'll have to go through the modlist and check if other mods need the same treatment. For example Sexlab itself updated to 1.64 supporting the latest game version, but it's not compatible with Skyrim SE 1.5.97 or SKSE 2.0.20 so we'll need to keep using the 1.63 beta 9 (which is now on the second post of the original Sexlab for SE thread in a spoiler...). Lot of things to do. Bad time to start into all of this.

The non-working inputs is a mystery to me, as I've never had that... as well as the login thing. If you can skip it try to do that.

Edited by Just Don't
23 hours ago, Just Don't said:

The Unofficial patch updated to support the latest version. For safe measure use this version instead. And don't update to the one you can download from the nexus or other sites. I'll have to go through the modlist and check if other mods need the same treatment. For example Sexlab itself updated to 1.64 supporting the latest game version, but it's not compatible with Skyrim SE 1.5.97 or SKSE 2.0.20 so we'll need to keep using the 1.63 beta 9 (which is now on the second post of the original Sexlab for SE thread in a spoiler...). Lot of things to do. Bad time to start into all of this.

The non-working inputs is a mystery to me, as I've never had that... as well as the login thing. If you can skip it try to do that.

I'm happy and in same time ashamed to inform that I finally found out why I had those problems with starting the game. I had downgraded my AE version from 1.6 to 1.5.97 with Unofficial Downgrade Patcher , but unfortunately with BestOfBothWorldsPatcher instead of FullPatcher. Now the game seems to be working, at least so far. Next I'll continue with adding new mods, let's see how that turns out. Thank you so much for your amazing guide and your patience trying tu guide me through! 

6 hours ago, Chaos1971 said:

I'm happy and in same time ashamed to inform that I finally found out why I had those problems with starting the game. I had downgraded my AE version from 1.6 to 1.5.97 with Unofficial Downgrade Patcher , but unfortunately with BestOfBothWorldsPatcher instead of FullPatcher.

Interesting. Did that solve the bethesda login and keyboard input issues? Maybe something from the edited bsa files is conflicting with inputs...

6 hours ago, Chaos1971 said:

Now the game seems to be working, at least so far. Next I'll continue with adding new mods, let's see how that turns out. Thank you so much for your amazing guide and your patience trying tu guide me through! 

You're welcome. Go slow and keep an extra eye for mods mentioning specific game or SKSE versions. Good luck and enjoy.

Edited by Just Don't
9 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Interesting. Did that solve the bethesda login and keyboard input issues? Maybe something from the edited bsa files is conflicting with inputs...

It did. I no more get the prompt to create an account when starting the game, and there are no more keyboard issues when creating the character. 

On 11/22/2021 at 2:50 PM, Chaos1971 said:

It did. I no more get the prompt to create an account when starting the game, and there are no more keyboard issues when creating the character. 

Just to share, in case someone else faces the same problem: prompt to create a Bethesda account (e-Mail addressin) when starting the game, and being unable to type ”@”. In my case, the prompt disappeared from main menu (explained above) but came up if I opened Mods in main menu. I couldn’t type ”@”; no matter if I used US or UK english keyboard setting. Finally I soved that by linking my steam account and Bethesda account at Bethesda.net.

All that SAS propably unnecessary, since I don’t need Mods on main menu. It was just so weird fasing such a problem, and according to Google searces, many others have been in same situation. Anyways, everything is working nicely now. Added some stuff from Lustful Luna’s guide also.  Thanks for the whole community on youpeople making all this possible!

Hi there,
First of all I would like to really appreciate your amazing guide on the matter. Never seen such detailed guide for newbies and makes it much much more possible to dive into modding world without much sacrifices. I'm doing this my first time and achieved quite a lot with your guide but... Well, because that's my first time, I'm not really quite sure where are things that can be fixed, or now it's just a bad moment to try and run SexLab since most modes are not updated with Anniversary Edition.
To be honest I'm not desperat this much yet and probably there are solutions on this forum to my problems but couldn't find them yet. If you will find the time to reply I would appreciate help and I would like to support your work how little I can. 

I have this problem where firstly; MO doesn't like "Form 43 and lower" plugins:

• MatchMaker (searching for a new version or substitute mod) and
  • AmmoUnequip (I can probably live without this for now)

Secondly; when I start the game I have this message Schlongs of Skyrim is outdated and I know we have to wait for update but is it necessary for SexLab to work?

And lastly; When I'm in MCM, most options for mods are either grayed out or unresponsive, probably because I'm not having all the required dependencies for it to work but I've tried to install everything you included. Will try to search for list of dependencies on my own but here is my list of mods: 

https://i.imgur.com/XpJEgX7.png

9 hours ago, Dutchu said:

I'm not really quite sure where are things that can be fixed, or now it's just a bad moment to try and run SexLab since most modes are not updated with Anniversary Edition.

Instructions to deal with this are in the first post, in the spoiler after the bold orange paragraph. The TL;DR is if you don't want to wait for every mod to be updated for AE, you can downgrade the game version to the previous one, where every mod depicted in the guide and 95% of every other mods are compatible.

I have this problem where firstly; MO doesn't like "Form 43 and lower" plugins:

During the step about installing MO I recommend to disable the form 43 checker. It's of no real use, users think it's a big issue when it's not. You can use the mods covered in this guide even if they're in form 43.

Secondly; when I start the game I have this message Schlongs of Skyrim is outdated and I know we have to wait for update but is it necessary for SexLab to work?

Back to my initial response here, you can wait for mods to be updated or get the previous version and verifying you're downloading mods for that version only. Mixing an AE game version with some mods for the previous version and some for the latest one won't get you to a happy place.

And lastly; When I'm in MCM, most options for mods are either grayed out or unresponsive, probably because I'm not having all the required dependencies for it to work but I've tried to install everything you included. Will try to search for list of dependencies on my own but here is my list of mods: 

Ditto of the above. Either you have every single mod installed to be compatible with AE, or you downgrade and get every single mod for that version. And as I said instructions to do this are in the orange note/spoiler in the first post, as well as in step 14 which is all about identifying which mods are prone to incompatibilities and how to deal with a scenario such as a game update.

Edited by Just Don't

Hi, I have followed your tutorial to a T and I cannot get SKSE to open in MO, it crashes every time. I have tried a lot of the suggestions in this thread as well, the main thing I had to do differently was downgrade my version of skyrim with a program. I can get it to open if I open the .exe, but It wont work in MO. 

9 hours ago, dragon_girl_z said:

Hi, I have followed your tutorial to a T and I cannot get SKSE to open in MO, it crashes every time. I have tried a lot of the suggestions in this thread as well, the main thing I had to do differently was downgrade my version of skyrim with a program. I can get it to open if I open the .exe, but It wont work in MO. 

Check game version, SKSE version and version of all the mods in question (not all of them really, but the ones mentioned in the first post under the bold orange notice at least. That would be a good start to see where the issue is.

Edited by Just Don't
On 12/2/2021 at 6:49 AM, Just Don't said:

Check game version, SKSE version and version of all the mods in question (not all of them really, but the ones mentioned in the first post under the bold orange notice at least. That would be a good start to see where the issue is.

I did finally get it to launch, everything seems to be working. Now the only problem I have is that SOS is causing everyone to never be nude. They all have low poly underwear and I cant get it to work. I think it has something to do with the combination of the skse not working right, the patch I had to get and the downgrader. I will just have to wait for an update or something I just cant get it to work no matter what I have tried

1 hour ago, dragon_girl_z said:

I did finally get it to launch, everything seems to be working. Now the only problem I have is that SOS is causing everyone to never be nude. They all have low poly underwear and I cant get it to work. I think it has something to do with the combination of the skse not working right, the patch I had to get and the downgrader. I will just have to wait for an update or something I just cant get it to work no matter what I have tried

If you downgrade to 1.5.97 and use mods for said version you shouldn't have problems with SKSE nor you would need to wait for mod updates. That's the point of downgrading and avoiding further updates. Seems like you didn't downgrade properly or you're mixing mods for SE 1.5 and 1.6.

Edited by Just Don't
8 hours ago, Just Don't said:

If you downgrade to 1.5.97 and use mods for said version you shouldn't have problems with SKSE nor you would need to wait for mod updates. That's the point of downgrading and avoiding further updates. Seems like you didn't downgrade properly or you're mixing mods for SE 1.5 and 1.6.

Should I uninstall everything and start over? I just tried running the downgrader again. 

1 hour ago, dragon_girl_z said:

Should I uninstall everything and start over? I just tried running the downgrader again. 

What's the point of starting over? You still need to pay attention to the game/SKSE/mods versions you're installing. You might as well start doing that with your current installation, maybe there are 2-3 things out of place and not everything. But if you prefer to do everything again from scratch go for it, just beware of repeating the same mistakes.

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

What's the point of starting over? You still need to pay attention to the game/SKSE/mods versions you're installing. You might as well start doing that with your current installation, maybe there are 2-3 things out of place and not everything. But if you prefer to do everything again from scratch go for it, just beware of repeating the same mistakes.

is there a discord or something to help me debug? 

No. Everything is written down, I reply most comments here asking for help and that's it. Other than that I don't know what else to say (I could look over your current installation, but you haven't provided much details so there isn't much I can go off other than "check the versions and requirements of the things you're using").

If you need additional info you could try watching some video guides about MO which would explain the same but with the entire process shown + spoken instructions.

29 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

No. Everything is written down, I reply most comments here asking for help and that's it. Other than that I don't know what else to say (I could look over your current installation, but you haven't provided much details so there isn't much I can go off other than "check the versions and requirements of the things you're using").

If you need additional info you could try watching some video guides about MO which would explain the same but with the entire process shown + spoken instructions.

ok. I have checked, the downgrade patch worked because I have the correct version of skyrim, skse is working, its running. What I suspect happened is that one of the mods is the incorrect version. What is the best way to check the versions in MO? most of them did not import with the version number. Is there an alternative to SOS? These mods seem to not be programmed well to be compatible with each other, or maybe that is the nature of papyrus. Ive never had a game be this hard to mod before. it seems like if you make a little tweak it breaks. 

i also started getting a message about racemenu morphs or something. I'm going to uninstall all mods and try again. At least the base game is working now. 

35 minutes ago, dragon_girl_z said:

What is the best way to check the versions in MO? most of them did not import with the version number.

That's the case for mods you install manually. You need to read the description and names of the files you're downloading. SOS has two files, you need to get the "Schlongs_of_Skyrim_SE - v1.1.4.rar" one. And if you read the description you'll see SOS 1.1.4 is for "Skyrim SE v1.5.97" and "SKSE64 v2.0.17" (you should be using SKSE 2.0.19 or 2.0.20 which are compatible too, as SKSE 2.0.17 to 2.0.20 were released for the same game version, hence why in the guide I recommend SKSE 2.0.19/20 and SOS 1.1.4). If you have any other version of these or optional files you need to verify why and how to make it work with your install.

39 minutes ago, dragon_girl_z said:

Is there an alternative to SOS?

SOS lite? SAM? you can take a look at the Bodies section in the tracking post. I don't provide instructions for these as I don't use them, so you're on your own.

40 minutes ago, dragon_girl_z said:

i also started getting a message about racemenu morphs or something

Hard to comment on this without the exact message or error at hand.

54 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

That's the case for mods you install manually. You need to read the description and names of the files you're downloading. SOS has two files, you need to get the "Schlongs_of_Skyrim_SE - v1.1.4.rar" one. And if you read the description you'll see SOS 1.1.4 is for "Skyrim SE v1.5.97" and "SKSE64 v2.0.17" (you should be using SKSE 2.0.19 or 2.0.20 which are compatible too, as SKSE 2.0.17 to 2.0.20 were released for the same game version, hence why in the guide I recommend SKSE 2.0.19/20 and SOS 1.1.4). If you have any other version of these or optional files you need to verify why and how to make it work with your install.

SOS lite? SAM? you can take a look at the Bodies section in the tracking post. I don't provide instructions for these as I don't use them, so you're on your own.

Hard to comment on this without the exact message or error at hand.

ok it seems to be something wrong with my settings in SOS. I just got it to work, I had to assign a schlong to the actor, the girl was in underwear. it seems to be some kind of setting within the game itself. I think I read somewhere of a way to unassign and reassign to all NPCs. 

editing this: I am looking in bodyslide and the dropdown menus are all empty. I am assuming this is how the bodies get assigned to NPCs? 

Edited by dragon_girl_z