(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

Hi 

on  08.4 Building your body and outfits sets, you end with: no files in Overwrite

but after following this awesome guide, i do have a message with overwrite... 

these are the details from the overwrite: 

image.png.09495249a69f3358097744709a1e1107.png

it's just that i don't know what to do with it. or why i have it and you don't :-) 

only different i did was installing Bijin Skin (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20078) instead of Fair skin.

what do i do with these overwrite plz? 

thx  :-)

51 minutes ago, brtdprz said:

on  08.4 Building your body and outfits sets, you end with: no files in Overwrite

but after following this awesome guide, i do have a message with overwrite... 

I think this is because a recent change in the CBBE installer (some files aren't covered in the pre-generated files you can get). You can safely move that entire \meshes folder into your CBBE install in the left pane. Or move it into a dedicated folder (ex. the BS Output that is an optional BS step).

9 hours ago, Just Don't said:

I think this is because a recent change in the CBBE installer (some files aren't covered in the pre-generated files you can get). You can safely move that entire \meshes folder into your CBBE install in the left pane. Or move it into a dedicated folder (ex. the BS Output that is an optional BS step).

Thx a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, sajpov said:

Hey guys quick question, can you use Nemesis PCEA instead of FNIS for this guide? or is FNIS the recommended?

Nemesis PCEA is different from Nemesis. PCEA stands for Player Character Exclusive Animations. You can't run Nemesis PCEA without Nemesis and you can't "replace" FNIS with Nemesis PCEA alone.

You can use Nemesis as an alternative to FNIS if you don't care about creature animations and instead want to use new behavior/combat mods requiring Nemesis patches.

You can use both FNIS and Nemesis to get both creatures and new behavior/combat mods working, google "fnis and nemesis" and you'll find detailed instructions in several threads.

6 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Nemesis PCEA is different from Nemesis. PCEA stands for Player Character Exclusive Animations. You can't run Nemesis PCEA without Nemesis and you can't "replace" FNIS with Nemesis PCEA alone.

You can use Nemesis as an alternative to FNIS if you don't care about creature animations and instead want to use new behavior/combat mods requiring Nemesis patches.

You can use both FNIS and Nemesis to get both creatures and new behavior/combat mods working, google "fnis and nemesis" and you'll find detailed instructions in several threads.

Thank you for the response, this guide helped alot to understand, tho I do have issues with racemenu and SoS for 1.6.353, but I'm trying to sort those out.

1 hour ago, sajpov said:

Thank you for the response, this guide helped alot to understand, tho I do have issues with racemenu and SoS for 1.6.353, but I'm trying to sort those out.

Remember to get SOS AE and install it below SOS SE in the left pane of MO. For RM you'll need to get the correct file for your game/SKSE version. I haven't tested RM but I do remember testing SOS AE not long ago and things were working as intended.

22 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Remember to get SOS AE and install it below SOS SE in the left pane of MO. For RM you'll need to get the correct file for your game/SKSE version. I haven't tested RM but I do remember testing SOS AE not long ago and things were working as intended.

Racemenu wasn't working for me for soem reason and I tried several different options, same with SOS and SOS AE, I also followed the guide to a T. I'm going to get 1.5.97 and give that a try.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yvaris said:

Hi, will my game still work if I delete my entire skyrim folder for sexlab but keep my old saves? I dont feel like starting a new game...

You'd need to reinstall the exact mods you have currently for all your saves to have the best chance... It's not something I'd recommend if you really care about your current saves. It'd be better to wait until you're done with all your current games to switch for a new mod manager or making other drastic changes.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, robsander64 said:

Hi I followed the steps from Skyrim SE Guide: MO2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"  and I have still having issues. It gives me a notification when I run SKSE out of the executable window about an overwrite file which is the  Fuz Ro D-oh ini appearing in the SKSE\Plugins Folder

That's not an issue though, only a notification.

Step 10.1 has specific instructions on how to deal with files in Overwrite.

15 hours ago, robsander64 said:

The Game does not launch when I hit run and it just leaves that files in Overwrite.

These are two separate things. You need to move things out of Overwrite. To know how to do it check step 10.1. But that does not prevent you from starting the game or other executables.

I see you have Windows 11, I'm not sure if that requires additional permissions or something, but the usual recommendation of keeping your games/mods/programs outside of system protected folders (like Documents or Program files) are still valid. You could try making an exception for MO2, SKSE and other executables in Windows Defender. As a last resort you cal also try to run these programs as admin, but that shouldn't be needed if you follow the previous recommendations.

Edited by Just Don't
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am having trouble with the installation of SoS on the AE version. I have tried SoS SE with SoS AE below it in the load order but that gives me a warning that a dll plugin has failed to load correctly. When I get in game i get the -1 Schlongs of Skyrim not recognized or is too old issue. I then tried taking the dll from the AE version and overriding the one in SE but that also leads to the same issues. How do I work this one out?

35 minutes ago, freeuser8982 said:

Hi, I am having trouble with the installation of SoS on the AE version. I have tried SoS SE with SoS AE below it in the load order but that gives me a warning that a dll plugin has failed to load correctly. When I get in game i get the -1 Schlongs of Skyrim not recognized or is too old issue. I then tried taking the dll from the AE version and overriding the one in SE but that also leads to the same issues. How do I work this one out?

The versions I mention at the start of the 1st post and during the guide are the ones that received the most support (1.5.97 being the one pre-AE, 1.6.353 being the one from january of this year). After these there have been more updates and some mods are not available for said versions. There is an experimental dll and a patch to remove the dll dependency. You'd need to install either of them after the full SOS for SE (skip the SOS AE since that's just a dll and only apply one fix: the dll or the patch to avoid using the dll, not both).

IMO downgrading to a previous game version is still the most suitable approach here. If you do that + disabling automatic updates you should be covered with most/all mods being compatible with your game and you don't need to worry about future or recent updates. If you chose to stay on the latest patch I'm afraid you'll be constantly playing catch up between mods and game updates.

Edited by Just Don't
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm having trouble with running the FNIS as I received two warnings below:

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users. If you use a mod manager, run FNIS from its list of supported tools.<<
Skyrim SE 64bit: ??.??.?? - D:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)
>>Warning: Expected generator path: D:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users not found<<

Don't know what to do as the FNIS mod is installed in the mods folder, not the skyrim game folder. Please help!

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Wilder445566 said:

Hi,

Just wanted to ask anyone here if running SE over AE version is recommended? I saw there was a small patch days ago for AE which migh break something and of course many mods I want to try are from 2018 or 1019 and I am not sure if those will play nice with AE version???

Thanks,

Depends on what you want to do in game. If you want to make a soulslike or modern combat gameplay experience to go with your SL add-ons, reverting to the old SE version is advisable since it looks like DAR will not be updated for 1.6.640 anytime soon (rumored to be 2023, maybe the first half). I would decide this one way or the other before you even start installing anything.

If you just want to run SL etc. with vanilla combat, I'd check to see if the mods you like are current in the Compatibility thread. Following the guides available here will almost certainly get you up and running with the basics, which you can then tune.

13 minutes ago, Suidisir said:

Depends on what you want to do in game. If you want to make a soulslike or modern combat gameplay experience to go with your SL add-ons, reverting to the old SE version is advisable since it looks like DAR will not be updated for 1.6.640 anytime soon (rumored to be 2023, maybe the first half). I would decide this one way or the other before you even start installing anything.

If you just want to run SL etc. with vanilla combat, I'd check to see if the mods you like are current in the Compatibility thread. Following the guides available here will almost certainly get you up and running with the basics, which you can then tune.

Thanks! If I understand correctly the mods from the list that have checkmark and green name work properly on AE?

1 hour ago, Wilder445566 said:

many mods I want to try are from 2018 or 1019 and I am not sure if those will play nice with AE version???

This only matters for mods with a skse plugin (dll file), if the mod in questions has not been updated in recent years to be compatible with the latest releases of SKSE you'll likely have problems. You need to check this for each mod you want to use, if it has a dll it'll likely mention in detail which SKSE and game versions are compatible with it (example SOS, SL framework).

The modlist showcased here was tested with 1.5.97 (pre-AE) and 1.6.353 (AE patch from january of this year). I believe most mods in the list are already compatible with the latest AE patch, except for SOS (but there is a dll in the making? and a patch to remove dll dependency, check the SE Compatibility Tracking post). Also I'm not sure how easy is to downgrade to 1.6.353 nowadays. And there are still mods that have not been updated for AE (like DAR) so even if all the mods covered here can work on the current version you'd likely want to check your entire modlist. There are instructions to detect your installed skse plugins (step 13) so if you have plenty of mods applying that filter should help you to check one by one (you'll have to do that manually) in a few minutes max.

17 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Just Don't

Small tip: i installed Schlongs of Skyrim AE - No DLL Version and it is working fine. It's a good alternative should Bethesda push another patch.

Thank you for confirming this. I haven't had the chance of testing these things for the later updates. I still have my 1.5.97 game and don't see myself updating anytime soon. I guess I still need to update some instructions to account for some changes.

Hi,

My problem here is that everything seems to work fine but in 3rd person my character cannot move - literally everything apart from WSAD works - jumping, spells, fists, etc. just the WSAD buttons work only in first person.

Can anyone help with that?

image.png

Fun fact, I used the mara statue to start and if I started in an inn I couldnt walk in 3rd person still (same as in the cell), but in the wilderness start I could normally move my character. The only thing I can see that might be wrong is that. The warning sign is just overwrite from FNIS.

Update: I just want to add that it seems every time I exit a building walking in 3rd person works but when I enter any building it stops working and again everything apart from WSAD works

Update 2: happens with all the mods off - will try to restore ini files from before beth.ini

Update 3: Restoring default ini files helped, movement works fine now. Any takes on what was the issue with the bethINI generated files?

Edited by Guest