Searching for a tutorial to cut a mesh

DovahKya

Hello, I'm new to those things... And I really want to learn. I'm searching for a detailed tutorial step by step for beginners. I want to learn how to cut a mesh, searching on inetrnet I've learned that I must use blender to cut a mesh. I installed blender (2.49 version) and all it needs to work and to open a nif file.

I'm not sure about the cutting passage and I don't know how to save the file to retransform it in a nif file with textures (even cause you need to remove something in nifskope before you open the file on blender). I would cut some of the vanilla parts, to put them together to create a new armor to use on my follower. Can someone suggest a good tutorial?

What I do is load the nif into outfit studios and then export the piece out in .OBJ format and load the .OBJ file into blender. First you want to click the piece and go to object mode and change it to edit mode. First hit P and select separate by loose parts and see if the piece you want to cut out becomes separated from the stuff you want to keep if not undo the separate and then select the vertices dots to select the ones that you want to delete and then delete them. If everything is cut the way you want then hit P and separate and remove what you wanted to remove and then join back the pieces you want to keep back into one piece.

Sometimes not all vertices will delete the first time so might have to delete more then one time. Newer blender has where you can drag and highlight multiple pieces instead of clicking one at a time.

Spoiler

Untitledd.pngUntitledd.pngUntitledd.png

Once you cut it and everything is done the way you want it. Start up outfit studios and start a new project and load that nif into outfit studios and delete out the old piece and load the new .OBJ file into it and readd the bone weights and weighting and hit export. After that you'll have to redo the texture paths for the piece again and you'll have to redo make the _0 and _1 nifs if you want slider compatibility. You might also have to redo the body in the nif if the body underneath the nif part that you removed is broken or gone.

1 hour ago, myuhinny said:

What I do is load the nif into outfit studios and then export the piece out in .OBJ format and load the .OBJ file into blender. First you want to click the piece and go to object mode and change it to edit mode. First hit P and select separate by loose parts and see if the piece you want to cut out becomes separated from the stuff you want to keep if not undo the separate and then select the vertices dots to select the ones that you want to delete and then delete them. If everything is cut the way you want then hit P and separate and remove what you wanted to remove and then join back the pieces you want to keep back into one piece.

Sometimes not all vertices will delete the first time so might have to delete more then one time. Newer blender has where you can drag and highlight multiple pieces instead of clicking one at a time.

Reveal hidden contents

Untitledd.pngUntitledd.pngUntitledd.png

Once you cut it and everything is done the way you want it. Start up outfit studios and start a new project and load that nif into outfit studios and delete out the old piece and load the new .OBJ file into it and readd the bone weights and weighting and hit export. After that you'll have to redo the texture paths for the piece again and you'll have to redo make the _0 and _1 nifs if you want slider compatibility. You might also have to redo the body in the nif if the body underneath the nif part that you removed is broken or gone.

OMG it was that simply... Tank you very much! I spent so much time following complicated tutorials with tons of passages.... Really, tank you.

Archived