10 hours ago, Im_The_Real_Deal said:

I can't seem to find the decryption key in med-tek. Do I need to do Macready's questline or something?

*edit*  Upstairs office in a cooler, next to the NX-2C Autoclean Unit

Edited by IBAGadget
new information
20 hours ago, freebountyhunter said:

Do you considering mod conflict? Camera/follower framework mods for example?

Yes, sure. 

No mods for camera/followers at all. 

But anyway I removed all 3rd party mods before trying again and have exactly the same behavior

21 hours ago, annihcode said:

Yes, sure. 

No mods for camera/followers at all. 

But anyway I removed all 3rd party mods before trying again and have exactly the same behavior

Aren't there any "cheat" commands that will allow to skip this dialog to end the quest?

Thanks!

On 7/2/2022 at 4:31 PM, annihcode said:

Thank you for help!

I've reloaded bunch of autosaves and even played whole quest again ?

No luck. Tried to downgrade to 5.3, then restored 6.0 and loaded original save back.

Are now, or were you at any point in this game-save, running AFT active?

1 hour ago, Im_The_Real_Deal said:

What does the autoclean ring do that I found in med-tek?

Also is the appropriate load oder

-Ivy

-IvyNuka

-Ivyquest ?

Been working fine so far. Even found a holotape in Dry Rock Gultch. Not sure what quests are supposed to be in Nuka world though. Then again I've been using Nuka Ride.

cleans away the blood and guts from Ivy quicker when she uses hypercombat and gets messy

Your mod manager will put the files in the right order.

It's best not to go to Nuka World with Ivy until she asks you to. That holotape you found is part of that quest.

2 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

cleans away the blood and guts from Ivy quicker when she uses hypercombat and gets messy

Your mod manager will put the files in the right order.

It's best not to go to Nuka World with Ivy until she asks you to. That holotape you found is part of that quest.

Ah ok thanks. Hopefully that's something that won't cause an issue later or if it does I can fix. As I did pick one up already. The one upstairs in the Dry Rock pub. I guess I should have figured it was for a later quest and left it alone.

Edited by Im_The_Real_Deal

Sorry if this was asked already: I tried search and went through a dozen of pages without result.

So, I have this weird
problem with Ivy's dialogue when she's supposed to give me the first quest to unlock her hyper-combat. When I talk to Ivy she says something like "Hey, so we saw some combat together and it unlocked new combat routines...". As she says it, she actually leaves the dialogue and starts to walk somewhere. When she stops to continue the dialogue with the next phrase, dialogue camera is enabled for a half of a second, she almost starts a new phrase, but... stops abruptly and just continues to walk. The dialogue is never finished and I can't progress since she never gave me the quest. It happens every time I try to talk with her.

Can this dialogue be skipped by manually changing quest stages? I tried several versions of Ivy in several playtroughs and only once I was able to not encounter this bug.
I checked that the usual culprits like greetings distance are unaltered in my game. The problem seem to be unique to Ivy.

After some testing it does seem that this mod causes some issues with the mod "Combat Zone Restored" or "Combat Zone Restored - Restored"
And by that I mean the Combat Zone interior area has big problems with corrupt/missing assets.

I found this out after testing Ivy with Wabbajack and "Life In Ruins." I did expect issues though when adding things to a fairly big modpack.

I dont know if there are any other issues that might be similar to the Combat Zone with "Life In Ruins" but I have not found any over the last 13 hours so maybe not.

I figured I would just mention the above issue just because someone else might find themselves in the same spot. :)

Literally the BEST companion mod in Fallout 4. Definitely thanks to the great voice actor (author of the mod too OFC). The only voice actor thats close to this is Ellen but this is still better. Also I want flex my preset on her, IMO looks gorgeous.

Ivy.png

4 hours ago, BiNorwayBoy said:

After some testing it does seem that this mod causes some issues with the mod "Combat Zone Restored" or "Combat Zone Restored - Restored"
And by that I mean the Combat Zone interior area has big problems with corrupt/missing assets.

I found this out after testing Ivy with Wabbajack and "Life In Ruins." I did expect issues though when adding things to a fairly big modpack.

I dont know if there are any other issues that might be similar to the Combat Zone with "Life In Ruins" but I have not found any over the last 13 hours so maybe not.

I figured I would just mention the above issue just because someone else might find themselves in the same spot. :)

She has her quest item in vanilla Combat Zone, yes... All restorations I've tried break precombines and navmeshes there. Make a patch or ask restorators to do so, tho I doubt those mods are supported now.

Is it just me or does something in the mod scripts change Ivy's ca_affinity back to zero every so often?  There are certain actions like hugging and kissing in the Immersive Lover's Embrace Remastered mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21040  which require a certain level of vanilla affinity.  After quite awhile with her I've noticed her vanilla affinity never rises.  IF I set her vanilla affinity to the level which allows those actions to happen, and then check later, the vanilla affinity has returned to zero.

Although I see the messages of "Ivy loves that" or "Ivy likes that" very often, I do not see any changes to her vanilla affinity.  Is it being used at all?  Does it ever go up normally by player actions?

IS this particular question already answered somewhere else?

2 minutes ago, Tinman2u said:

Is it just me or does something in the mod scripts change Ivy's ca_affinity back to zero every so often?  There are certain actions like hugging and kissing in the Immersive Lover's Embrace Remastered mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21040  which require a certain level of vanilla affinity.  After quite awhile with her I've noticed her vanilla affinity never rises.  IF I set her vanilla affinity to the level which allows those actions to happen, and then check later, the vanilla affinity has returned to zero.

Although I see the messages of "Ivy loves that" or "Ivy likes that" very often, I do not see any changes to her vanilla affinity.  Is it being used at all?  Does it ever go up normally by player actions?

Ivy doesn't use Vanilla Affinity - she has her own, which is affected by things you do that she likes or dislikes: talking to her, for example, she likes, as well as taking her to the beach (Nordhagen) or tall places (Trinity tower, skybridge)

1 hour ago, Tinman2u said:

Ivy does not have all the affinity settings to use the vanilla system. So what I think happens is that once an affinity event is kicked off, it tries to add something to a null set, causing it to revert to 0.

(Thanks, been wanting to use the words 'null set' for a while now :P )

On 7/10/2022 at 12:59 PM, BiNorwayBoy said:

Place CompanionIvy_Quest.esp and all ivy related esp's as low in the load order as possible so your other mods overwrite them. As long as they don't delete the cupboards that items are placed in you should be fine.

On 7/11/2022 at 4:50 PM, Reginald_001 said:

Ivy does not have all the affinity settings to use the vanilla system. So what I think happens is that once an affinity event is kicked off, it tries to add something to a null set, causing it to revert to 0.

(Thanks, been wanting to use the words 'null set' for a while now :P )

Glad to be of service.

Edited by Tinman2u
10 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Place CompanionIvy_Quest.esp and all ivy related esp's as low in the load order as possible so your other mods overwrite them. As long as they don't delete the cupboards that items are placed in you should be fine.

Reginald, is there any workaround for my problem? Probably skip the dialog, end the quest etc? Have quite a big progress and cannot play now ?

5 hours ago, annihcode said:

Reginald, is there any workaround for my problem? Probably skip the dialog, end the quest etc? Have quite a big progress and cannot play now ?

No, it's something unique to your load order. I have no idea what mod is screwing with Ivy.

On 7/10/2022 at 12:45 PM, DASFU12 said:

Sorry if this was asked already: I tried search and went through a dozen of pages without result.

So, I have this weird
problem with Ivy's dialogue when she's supposed to give me the first quest to unlock her hyper-combat. When I talk to Ivy she says something like "Hey, so we saw some combat together and it unlocked new combat routines...". As she says it, she actually leaves the dialogue and starts to walk somewhere. When she stops to continue the dialogue with the next phrase, dialogue camera is enabled for a half of a second, she almost starts a new phrase, but... stops abruptly and just continues to walk. The dialogue is never finished and I can't progress since she never gave me the quest. It happens every time I try to talk with her.

Can this dialogue be skipped by manually changing quest stages? I tried several versions of Ivy in several playtroughs and only once I was able to not encounter this bug.
I checked that the usual culprits like greetings distance are unaltered in my game. The problem seem to be unique to Ivy.

Try simply "catch" her (interact with her again) at exact moment when she is walking away and still talking. Same happens with some vanilla chars...

Edited by freebountyhunter

If only Bethesda put as much passion into their work as Reginald did with Ivy, and Kitten Vox plays the part perfectly. This isn't just a companion mod the depth that's gone into making this makes it more like a DLC.

Very few bugs I encountered and were easily rectified although the companion distance is a bit annoying, you can adjust it but she's either too close or too far away, but I think that's a Bethesda problem. Before my laptop accidently took a swim in a harbour, I encountered what I thought was a bug. So far I cant see anyone else with the same bug; I go to Finch farm to start the quest 'Out of the fire', Ivy then freezes and her eyes are closed. You cant interact with her and until you change companion she just teleports near to where you are. It doesn't matter if she's with you or not she could be at sanctuary and you go to the farm, if the player crosses a certain boundary near finch farm, she freezes. 

I was hoping there was more to this and that it was part of her story. Can anyone confirm if this is a bug or not?

I couldn't recommend this mod enough

Hey @Reginald_001, sorry if you've addressed this before but wasn't there supposed to be a post-launch patch of version 6.0? (Such as the removal of the XDI warning, etc.) I've been on hiatus for sometime so I wasn't sure if it had already been released and I just missed it, or if I'm supposed to find it in your Discord.

Edited by HentaiGnome
14 hours ago, HentaiGnome said:

Hey @Reginald_001, sorry if you've addressed this before but wasn't there supposed to be a post-launch patch of version 6.0? (Such as the removal of the XDI warning, etc.) I've been on hiatus for sometime so I wasn't sure if it had already been released and I just missed it, or if I'm supposed to find it in your Discord.

I got a bit burnt out on modding after the 4 month crunch to release 6.0 and have honestly not really gone back to fo4 since then. I will likely become more active again after summer.