How to: SL in VR, step by step tutorial

3 hours ago, Legitimate User A said:

im having an issue getting sl to work in vr for some reason it wont register that papyrus vr is installed despite it being so, this is the only error im getting and mass match maker doesnt do anything any idea what is causing it

As I said above - make sure that PapyrusUtil VR is  installed after SL. It needs too overwrite files.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone found a way to get SLS to play nicely in VR? After installing it, I'm able to start into the game, but I get intermittent freezing about every minute or so, where the world freezes for about 15-20 seconds, and then it starts up again. The Survival MCM does not appear, but the enforcers/gate guards do, but I can't talk to them for anything SLS related.

aaasfa.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

@prinyo Killer tutorial! I've managed to get all the steps done except the last one!

I've gone ahead and installed everything but when I use "MatchMaker" or the Debug tool. Nothing happens. Furthermore when I go into the MCM menu, there are no animations listed at all. 

When I use MatchMaker the NPCs stop what they are doing, and it looks like it wants to load an animation, but it seems like there are no animations to load. 

I followed this tutorial to the tee, and it definitely helped me install it. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if they know what could I do to fix it? Are the animations perhaps in the wrong folder?

Any idea why SL gestures are not working for me? So i just installed UVRE + SL but the gestures during animations are not working. VRIK gestures do work. I noticed that with the left thumbstick i was able to move the PC around but that's about it.  So i can't for example change the animation or stage with the motion controller.

Edit: Ok apparently gestures only works with 1st person mode.

Edited by zupra
On 11/29/2021 at 12:49 AM, JackMaxelson said:

@prinyo Killer tutorial! I've managed to get all the steps done except the last one!

I've gone ahead and installed everything but when I use "MatchMaker" or the Debug tool. Nothing happens. Furthermore when I go into the MCM menu, there are no animations listed at all. 

When I use MatchMaker the NPCs stop what they are doing, and it looks like it wants to load an animation, but it seems like there are no animations to load. 

I followed this tutorial to the tee, and it definitely helped me install it. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if they know what could I do to fix it? Are the animations perhaps in the wrong folder?

I have this exact problem also. I used wabbajack to install the FUS VR package, then followed this guide. Ran FNIS and it found the animations, with a warning that the output was redirected to another folder, the FNIS output folder. I guess modorganizer links this virtual mods directory when you start the game up, and it automatically reenables the FNIS output "mod" when you close FNIS, so the files should show up when the game is run. They just never show up in the MCM.

Untitled.png

6 hours ago, Yttermayn said:

I have this exact problem also. I used wabbajack to install the FUS VR package, then followed this guide. Ran FNIS and it found the animations, with a warning that the output was redirected to another folder, the FNIS output folder. I guess modorganizer links this virtual mods directory when you start the game up, and it automatically reenables the FNIS output "mod" when you close FNIS, so the files should show up when the game is run. They just never show up in the MCM.

Untitled.png

Hm, I haven;'t seen FNIS do that, but apparently the animations are been put in a new mod called "FNIS Output" and you need to enable that mod on the left panel of MO2. You can see i tlisted there in the mods list, but not active, so no animations will be present in the game.

3 hours ago, prinyo said:

Hm, I haven;'t seen FNIS do that, but apparently the animations are been put in a new mod called "FNIS Output" and you need to enable that mod on the left panel of MO2. You can see i tlisted there in the mods list, but not active, so no animations will be present in the game.

Sorry I wasn't clear... MO2 automatically re enables the "FNIS Output" mod when it is finished running FNIS, so that's not the issue. I can actually watch it re-enable it once I close FNIS. I think its part of how MO2 handles different mod profiles using virtual directories.

4 hours ago, Yttermayn said:

Sorry I wasn't clear... MO2 automatically re enables the "FNIS Output" mod when it is finished running FNIS, so that's not the issue. I can actually watch it re-enable it once I close FNIS. I think its part of how MO2 handles different mod profiles using virtual directories.

Then why is it disabled in the screenshot?

The MO2 + FNIS that I use still behave in the good old way putting the files in the overwrite.

Edited by prinyo
6 hours ago, prinyo said:

Then why is it disabled in the screenshot?

The MO2 + FNIS that I use still behave in the good old way putting the files in the overwrite.

Because MO2 disables the mod while FNIS is actively generating behavior files. It re-enables the mod as soon as you close FNIS and the lock is lifted. I saw that too and thought I found the problem, but then it re-enabled automatically when I closed FNIS. Here's screenshots, taken a few seconds apart. I run FNIS from inside MO2 and the mod is enabled. While FNIS is running, MO2 disables it and throws up the lock, then FNIS finishes, then as soon as I click exit on the FNIS window, the mod is re-enabled automatically and the lock goes away. When I set up FNIS in MO2, there was a pop up that asked if I wanted to make a separate mod to contain the behavior files, or dump them in the overwrite. I chose separate mod since MO2 warned that overwrite files could accidentally be overwritten or something so I went with the 'safer' option. Maybe if I go back and change that option it will work. I will let you know how it goes. Update: I just reset my FNIS settings and redid them to not put the files in a separate mod. It didn't change anything. :( Update 2: I installed The Sexy Move mod and ran FNIS, and the new animations worked in game perfectly, so I don't think it's an FNIS problem. Seems like it's a sexlab problem. (no animations showing in the sexlab mcm)

Untitled2.png.31c1a2d6c1c4bdd1d7b75ae0462a3772.pngUntitled3.png.c38f7004c0a823927def3c9621211610.pngUntitled4.png.0ec7be3ac5a6a9a40f35bfe6bcf46bed.png.Untitled1.png.831d83a628ce73ac59a96a57ce2997e8.png

Edited by Yttermayn

Having a bit of an issue. I've confirmed that I have the right versions of everything installed, but when I click to install the Slab VR patch in-game it goes through the motions and says that everything is successfully installed, but when I go back to the MCM menu for it, the install page is still there. 

4 minutes ago, comander5 said:

Having a bit of an issue. I've confirmed that I have the right versions of everything installed, but when I click to install the Slab VR patch in-game it goes through the motions and says that everything is successfully installed, but when I go back to the MCM menu for it, the install page is still there. 

I had that happen too, awhile ago, so I'm going off of memory here, but I think it was because I had the SE version of Papyrus Util instead of the VR version.

20 minutes ago, Yttermayn said:

I had that happen too, awhile ago, so I'm going off of memory here, but I think it was because I had the SE version of Papyrus Util instead of the VR version.

Doesn't seem to be that. I have vr version installed. However, my mod manager does say that SL and Papyrus reported incompatible during query. 

Edited by comander5
On 11/29/2021 at 1:45 AM, prinyo said:

When you run FNIS For Users does it show errors? And does it find animations?

Managed to get it working. For some reason it wasn't loading the stock animations included in the framework. But when using animation loader was able to load new ones.

Edited by JackMaxelson

On 12/7/2021 at 11:47 PM, JackMaxelson said:

Managed to get it working. For some reason it wasn't loading the stock animations included in the framework. But when using animation loader was able to load new ones.

I'm also having this issue. I was able to load 80 new animations through the Loader, and those work fine, but for some reason the 800 default animations FNIS is generating aren't showing up SexLab. Not on install and not after cleaning, reinstall, etc.

When I had no animations loaded, attempting relations with an NPC resulted in being teleported way out of town.  Then I checked the MCM and saw 0/1000 animations were loaded.

EDIT: I tried a SLAL that repackaged the original animations but it was for LE so it wasn't compatible. At this point I'm just tossing in SLAL packages from the VR compatible tracker. It feels like there are probably a lot of holes in the variations covered, but it works ok.

Edited by this_is_a_fake_name
  • 3 weeks later...

So I also have the issue of no animations showing in the MCM menu after everything is installed.
I have went through the steps on three separate occasions each on clean installs of Skyrim.

I am almost positive that I have installed everything correctly and in order. I will attach a SS of my load order.
FNIS registers animations as if they are correctly installed and in the right path, but again nothing shows in the MCM menu even if I install additional SLAL packs.
Then if I try to trigger an animation, I am teleported to the Giant Camp at 0,0 and swiftly killed.

I installed SKSE vr via  a youtube video showing how to properly install it with MO2, installing the Data section as an archive and dragging the rest of the loose files into the skyrim folder.

Please for the love of god someone help me I have tried everything including all of the troubleshooting steps in this thread and others for this problem.

I have also noticed that every sexlab animation claims to be conflicted in the advanced tab of the information window of Sexlab mod, but doesnt state what is overriding them. dont know if this means anything.

Screenshot 2022-01-02 165505.png

Screenshot 2022-01-02 165616.png

Screenshot 2022-01-02 165729.png

Edited by siren123
more info

I'd like to throw my hat into this issue as well, everything works. all animations installed through slal work. but none of the built in animations will show up. if someone had a guide on how i could extract the default animations and make them into a slal package or such it would be a big help.

I install everything correctly. I run fores with no errors and it reads SL. Go into game and install it from MC. Installs fine and gives me all the options. When I die I get an error "SL is not compatible with current version of skyrim VR. It seems that the new SL download doesn't work in VR anymore. Not sure what else to do. I have all the mods required by the list. No additional mods expect for Alternate Start