How to: SL in VR, step by step tutorial

On 6/20/2022 at 1:53 AM, Corysia said:

After setting up racemenu, is anyone able to bring up the character creation screen?  It doesn't work for me.  I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong there.

I had that problem initially, starting new game and/or typing showracemenu in console didn't work, but is fine now. Specific versions I have installed are

Racemenu Special Edition v0-4-16-19080-0-4-16-1601805673

Racemenu VR 0.4.14

4 hours ago, jc321 said:

I had that problem initially, starting new game and/or typing showracemenu in console didn't work, but is fine now. Specific versions I have installed are

Racemenu Special Edition v0-4-16-19080-0-4-16-1601805673

Racemenu VR 0.4.14

Thank you, but that's the same version I've got.  I had it working once before, so I don't know what's wrong.  It's really frustrating and I'm not sure where to look for errors.

Edited by Corysia
59 minutes ago, Corysia said:

Thank you, but that's the same version I've got.  I had it working once before, so I don't know what's wrong.  It's really frustrating and I'm not sure where to look for errors.

The joys of Skyrim VR! - Only other potential might be the SKSE versions in which case I'm using SKSEVR version 2.0.12 - I never know if you need the SE versions installed, and then just the delete the associated DLLs or not .. but in any case I have them uninstalled and just using the VR version. Whether the racemenu is being picky on bodies or not? In which case also using XP32MSSE version 4.80 and caliente's beautiful bodies enhancer version 1.6.2 

5 hours ago, jc321 said:

The joys of Skyrim VR! - Only other potential might be the SKSE versions in which case I'm using SKSEVR version 2.0.12 - I never know if you need the SE versions installed, and then just the delete the associated DLLs or not .. but in any case I have them uninstalled and just using the VR version. Whether the racemenu is being picky on bodies or not? In which case also using XP32MSSE version 4.80 and caliente's beautiful bodies enhancer version 1.6.2 

I'm also using XP32MSSE 4.80.
  - Physics Extensions
  - Racemenu
  - Out of sync
  - No animation variants
  - No First Person Animation
  - No mounted combat animations
  - No compatibility patches
CBBE 1.6.2, too.  I told it to use Racemenu morphs in every case.  I'm set for HDT.  I let CBBE override Bodyslide Studio.

Edited by Corysia

@Corysia if i knew how to get a list view (without cutting and paste pictures) out of Vortex I'd happily share what I've got loaded but from the looks of it you seem to have the same versions as I have. 

I remember racemenu and papyrus being a right pain to get working so just slowly went and checked, and double checked the specific versions of files (so not pulling the latest) until I had the right mix and eventually started working.  

Well, it's really only a few mods.  From the OP, we install:

image.png.afb08341b64f954595c14978cec21b77.png

On top of this, I install Realm of Lorkhan so I can skip the buggy ride.  My poor character isn't the Dragonborn, she's just a simple acolyte of Dibella.  I usually run with about 145 mods.  But with just these few, and RoL, Racemenu still doesn't work and doesn't show me the character creation dialog.  I have to turn it off to create a new character.  Otherwise, I start as a male nord and no option to change anything.

I have seen it before in VR.  It's a huge list of sliders.  All I want to do is use the Face Changer spell to let me change my hairstyle now and then.  But I'm not having any luck this time around.

Edited by Corysia
9 hours ago, jc321 said:

@Corysia

Only difference from my setup is I'm using Racemenu Special Edition v0.4.16 (v0.4.16-19080-0-4-16-1601805673 to be precise)

That was it, solved!  ?  
Next...I have to figure out why Radiant Prostitution isn't working with Papyrus VR.

Edited by Corysia
  • 3 weeks later...

So I'm not really an experienced mod user, however you'd think following a step by step list of mods to install would be easy enough.
But I cant get this work at all for some reason.

It launches Skyrim no issue, but it doesn't even show up in the MCM, I'm not really sure what I did wrong?
I already had some VR mods from Nexus installed for general QoL, worked without issues and no conflicts.

It might be because of the load order or those two Extender Errors, if that's the case could someone let me know how to fix it?

Full List (after QoL mods).png

Script Extender Errors.png

On 7/13/2022 at 4:51 PM, Neuffexx said:

It might be because of the load order or those two Extender Errors, if that's the case could someone let me know how to fix it?

You're running 0.4.9 RaceMenu ESP with VR-compatible binaries for 0.4.14. It should be fixed by updating your RaceMenu ESP to either 0.4.16 (confirmed by skyrimvr-compatibility-tracking thread) or 0.4.19.10 (running it myself). As the rule of thumb, one should be extra careful about mod versions when it comes to Skyrim VR.

You may find following threads useful:

and

On 7/13/2022 at 11:51 AM, Neuffexx said:

So I'm not really an experienced mod user, however you'd think following a step by step list of mods to install would be easy enough.

It launches Skyrim no issue, but it doesn't even show up in the MCM, I'm not really sure what I did wrong?
I already had some VR mods from Nexus installed for general QoL, worked without issues and no conflicts.

You use the wrong papyrus. my papyrus i use is named

PapyrusUtil VR - Scripting Utility Functions-13048-3-6b-1545409528.zip

to find at

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048?tab=files

as miscellaneus, and download only that, its standalone and MUST load after sexlab patch and hotfix

here my full loadorder and they are all working

# Automatically generated by Vortex
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
SkyrimVR.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm
FlowerGirls SE.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
CBBE.esp
FNIS.esp
SkyUI_SE.esp
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
FNISspells.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX Fixes.esp
JK's The Bannered Mare.esp
ELFX - Weathers.esp
MiasLair.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
AFT - Dragonborn Patch.esp
FG Threesome VR Fix.esp
zzz_Jenassa_MAKEOVER_by83Willow.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
3BBB.esp
SOSPhysicsManager.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
MCMHelper.esp
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
Simple Bound Weapons Expansion.esp
RaceMenuHH.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
vrik.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
Skyrim VR SSE USSEP Compatibility Mod.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
ELFX - NoPlayerHomes.esp
SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp
SexLab Eager NPCs.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
ELFX Fixes Ragged Flagon Fix.esp

And do not forget after using fnis also use the bodyslide tool. if you dont know what that is, read the instructions of CBBE, its a tool used outside of the game like fnis and also important.

Edited by Generas
On 7/13/2022 at 2:51 AM, Neuffexx said:

First off, try not to load everything at once.  Do it in stages or you'll have lots of issues.  By that, I mean, don't load in all your mods in the first savegame.  Load up the minimal set, then save, add some more, save, etc.

Take a look at my post above with the screenshot from Vortex.  It's the minimal amount and the correct versions of what you need to get started.

Second, skee64.dll and skee64.ini need to be deleted out of SkyrimVR\Data\SKSE\plugins\  You should have skeevr.dll and skeevr.ini.

image.png.634b113b8f05faf55d69d54224638609.png

And I think Papyrus is giving you errors perhaps because you've overloaded in the wrong order.  And as mentioned, you need to have Papyrus VR, not the regular papyrus.

Edited by Corysia
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, BespokeVR said:

Use FNIS Behaviour VR 7.6 XXL-3038-7-6-1582049179

And FNIS Creature Pack SE 7.6-3038-7-6-1582049490

Racemenu VR - 4.12 is recommended but I've used 4.14 and seems to work. 

Install RaceMenu Special Edition v4.16 first and then RaceMenu VR over the top.

For SKSE use Skyrim Script Extender VR version 2.0.12 

IF you get your Mod organizer (Vortex/NMM) complaining about SKSE64.dll you should be able to delete that (from the Skyrim folder) if you have SKSEVR.DLL in there instead.

Read through the first page on this link. Make sure you are using the correct versions (ie: Don't just install the latest version). VR seems to be really picky on seeing the correct versions. 

Mk

• 5 weeks later...

Incase anyone is going through the pain I just did with getting papyrus to work, here is what happened:

If you keep getting a "wrong version of papyrus" despite installing the VR version, you might have just set the VR papyrus to a lower priority than the sexlab mods in your installer. Since the sexlabs have their own (non-vr compatiable papyrus) they will overwrite the new one if they are installed after the dedicated mod version. Make sure you install the VR papyrus and set it to install after all sexlab and hotpatch versions.

After that, you might have an animation issue where no animations are loaded, which case you have to go into the mod-menu and reinitialize the animations. A quick restart will un-stuck the MCM menu and it should hopefully work.

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2022 at 10:47 AM, gruebler said:

sexlab is working fine, but it is alway first person, I can't switch it to 3rd person. does anybody know why?

Weird-I am trying SexLab because Flower Girls, while a very wonderful and simple setup, is only 3rd person in VR and I want to try 1st person.

But I can't get out of 3rd person in SexLab VR-how did you get into 1st person???

For some reason SL's VR section in the MCM wasn't showing up-I restarted and now can see the 1st person settings. 

Edited by twitterbutter

For the 1st/3rd person options in Sexlab, a patch is required.  Flowergirls is always 3rd person.  I can always remember when I forget to add it because the Diary is at the top of the MCM menu rather than at the bottom.

Edited by Corysia
  • 6 months later...

Guys please help. When i start the scene in open environment me and my partner levitating and positioning is wrong. When start scene in home we fall into textures and positioning also wrong...i mean i am at the top in air and she below. Everything installed properly and mcm working and scene was starting but starting not properly...Please need help. I am new here and don't know how to post the pics to show you the issue. Also, I installed the mods from here. 

Edited by BaalRash
19 hours ago, BaalRash said:

partner levitating and positioning is wrong

Only time I have seen that recently is when attempting to install Sexlab plus .. which I've since backtracked out of.

Couple of suggestions .. In VRIK (Assuming you are using that) do a recalibrate mode which will attempt to position your character aligned with your height and that in the game.

When a sexlab animation is happening .. Goto the MCM and select sexlab and you should have options to realign/reset positions etc..

The only other one where your character is sent about 1000 metres in the air (which I don't think you are experiencing) but worth checking is that the sexlab animations are actually registered. You can either do that in Sexlab menu or if you have ZAP installed go to the sexlab tab in MCM there and register.

For info, I'm running SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_Beta8 .. and make sure you install PaprusUtil VR (Scripting Utiliyy Functions) afterwards to get the correct papyrusutils.dll file and allow you to see the VR section in Sexlab MCM. 

3 hours ago, jc321 said:

Only time I have seen that recently is when attempting to install Sexlab plus .. which I've since backtracked out of.

Couple of suggestions .. In VRIK (Assuming you are using that) do a recalibrate mode which will attempt to position your character aligned with your height and that in the game.

When a sexlab animation is happening .. Goto the MCM and select sexlab and you should have options to realign/reset positions etc..

The only other one where your character is sent about 1000 metres in the air (which I don't think you are experiencing) but worth checking is that the sexlab animations are actually registered. You can either do that in Sexlab menu or if you have ZAP installed go to the sexlab tab in MCM there and register.

For info, I'm running SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_Beta8 .. and make sure you install PaprusUtil VR (Scripting Utiliyy Functions) afterwards to get the correct papyrusutils.dll file and allow you to see the VR section in Sexlab MCM. 

Hi. First of all thank you for reply. I am calibrating VRIK by height of my VR helm. The animations is happenning, i mean the girl make out there but without me) I can even change the animations. The issue is we are rather floating or fall through the textures. And i am always in top of her. I mean she below making out with air and my vr vrik body is above her. And i don't see the VR menu of sexlab. In first picture you see the issue. Second picture is what i see when starting the game.

20230727_155758.jpg

20230727_155527.jpg

OK,

Sounds like you need to follow the setup on page 1 of this thread .. but in particular 

you need to install 

1.) SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_Beta8 which is on the 1st page of this Thread - Install this FIRST

2.) You need to install https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048?tab=files PapyrusUtil for VR (Version 3.9b)  - Install this LAST

PapyrusUtil for VR MUST be installed AFTER Sexlab so it can install the right version of PapyrusUtil and allow you to see the extra VR tab in Sexlab.

From the pictures it looks like your characters are really really high up! - And that can still happen with Sexlab is the animations are not registered .. So on a new game .. assuming it all loads make sure you register the animations also.