How to: SL in VR, step by step tutorial

On 4/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, Sanmunew said:

Thanks for the guide but can someone help please? I tried the exact steps but in the MCM menu, there is no prerequisition checks, and when I click install, some messages shows up saying sexlab is ready, which is not, because the MCM menu remains like this, and the spells don't trigger animations. FNIS has been run. I am using minimum mod list for testing, just the above mods. If someone know how to solve this will greatly appreciate it~?

screenshot.PNG.670e1974ff53b89caeb3f52de6231f6e.PNG

I managed to find a fix.

1. Download PapyrusUtil VR (The one in the misc files): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048?tab=files
2. Unzip it somewhere on your pc, open it and navigate to "SKSE/Plugins" and copy the "PapyrusUtil.dll".
3. Navigate to your SkyrimVR directory. And go to path "Data/SKSE/Plugins" and paste it there.

I hope this works for you!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide but i have an issue. So i installed Sexlab and it seems to work but there is a big problem. The game tries to teleport my character to the other actor but i just keep floating in the air or stand somewhere random. And the game keeps blacking out to try and fix it. Never does though. And my character doesn´t even play an animation like the other actor does. 

Oh and i think the bindings are set to Valve Index. Im using a Vive and an  "A" and "B" button doesn´t exist. Got stuck while trying to initiate masturbation to see if that works.

Got the newest Sexlab, Sexlab VR Patch, Dev Version 8.1 of VRIK Body and let the Papyrus VR overwrite Sexlab Papyrus.    Im using the HTC Vive with Roomscale incase that helps too.

21 hours ago, AkiKay said:

The game tries to teleport my character to the other actor but i just keep floating in the air or stand somewhere random. And the game keeps blacking out to try and fix it. Never does though. And my character doesn´t even play an animation like the other actor does. 

Make sure that the VR patch is installed after SL itself, if using MO2 the patch needs to be after SL in the left panel.

22 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Im using a Vive and an  "A" and "B" button doesn´t exist.

Not sure why you need A and B buttons. If you want to test if SL works it is best to use Matchmaker.

• 2 weeks later...

>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_SexLab_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim VR compatible<<
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...     ChAnims:1025     CTD:6,5%     pOpt:1,7%
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ...     ChAnims:142     CTD:0,9%     pOpt:0,2%
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_SexLabCreature_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim VR compatible<<

Everytime i try to delete those files they come back. Also some creatures (dogs, wolves, etc)  and enemies (skeletons, etc) seem to be t-posing

• 5 weeks later...

I have gotten SL for VR to work before in the past but ever since I restarted my computer to and tried to redownload it, Its gone downhill from here.
Ive installed every required mod (No additional mods) that are needed for it to work but the problem is that it keeps saying my game is outdated, no matter how many times I start from scratch to uninstall all my vortex mods and reinstall them, reinstall skyrim after deleted all the mods and folders completely, making sure papyrusutil.dll is in the SKSE/Plugins folder, it just keeps on saying my game is outdated so I wanted to resort to see if anyone has a fix as im not very familiar with these types of fixes. These are what im seeing ingame, the SL menu works fine but if I try to start an animation it moves me in the air, start spinning and breaks the game etc. If anybody can help me out I'd appreciate it alot. Thanks!

SL1.png

SL2.png

Im pretty sure my versions are correct, I have no idea what im doing wrong. These are the exact mods im using (Installed in this order)

SKSEVR Version 2.0.12
SKYUI VR Version 1.0-beta.4
FNIS Behavior VR 7_6 XXL
FNIS Creature Pack SE 7.6
SL Framework SE v163_BETA8
XP32MSSE (With or Without Racemenu is still the same)
PapyrusUtil VR Version 3.6
And the Latest VR Patch along with VRIK

And I am running FNIS for users, Deploying the VR Patch Before SL and deploying PapyrusUtil before SL
I also tried going into SL Framework/SKSE/Plugins and removing the PapyrusUtil folder and then reinstalling PapyrusUtil on vortex

Im lost here, Is there a wrong version of a mod? I got this working before but now it just seems like a trial and error...
The only problem is that it says my Skyrim is outdated, every other mod if I install will work when SL is working

It might be a problem with Papyrus but im not sure what to do here...

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 1:14 PM, Sanmunew said:

Thanks for the guide but can someone help please? I tried the exact steps but in the MCM menu, there is no prerequisition checks, and when I click install, some messages shows up saying sexlab is ready, which is not, because the MCM menu remains like this, and the spells don't trigger animations. FNIS has been run. I am using minimum mod list for testing, just the above mods. If someone know how to solve this will greatly appreciate it~?

screenshot.PNG.670e1974ff53b89caeb3f52de6231f6e.PNG

Here to say i am of the same problem myself, I click install/ update and confirms it's ready but the Sexlab MCM remains like the exact screen shot. I can confirm i have followed the steps as well as looked around for about a week, I can't find much information regarding on how to solve this. 

My only ideas is that there must be a fine detail that i missed when following the guide. I did so in order but perhaps the game needs to register the mods one by one? I've tried every method i can think after the original one. 

FNIS recognises all the animations without any compatibility errors

I will say I use the VRIK plugin/mod specifically for use for Sexlab as shown in the guide but otherwise I am very unsure what could be doing this error as i followed all steps. 

I will say i tried the fix SGT Buttcake implemented but haven't gotten that to work, I will experiment but so far i've had no avail  

I will say though I am very grateful for the effort that yourself and the rest of the people have done to get this mod to work in VR as i imagine with a engine old like this, Scripting can be the biggest pain the arse so thank you for trying to get this too work and wish you luck for all other updates and mods Thank you

9 hours ago, HorseKnight said:

Here to say i am of the same problem myself, I click install/ update and confirms it's ready but the Sexlab MCM remains like the exact screen shot. I can confirm i have followed the steps as well as looked around for about a week, I can't find much information regarding on how to solve this. 

My only ideas is that there must be a fine detail that i missed when following the guide. I did so in order but perhaps the game needs to register the mods one by one? I've tried every method i can think after the original one. 

FNIS recognises all the animations without any compatibility errors

I will say I use the VRIK plugin/mod specifically for use for Sexlab as shown in the guide but otherwise I am very unsure what could be doing this error as i followed all steps. 

I will say i tried the fix SGT Buttcake implemented but haven't gotten that to work, I will experiment but so far i've had no avail  

I will say though I am very grateful for the effort that yourself and the rest of the people have done to get this mod to work in VR as i imagine with a engine old like this, Scripting can be the biggest pain the arse so thank you for trying to get this too work and wish you luck for all other updates and mods Thank you

I just got a quest 2 and skyrim vr today and I've been setting it up and encountered this same error. Having papyrus vr overwrite the papyrus files bundled with sexlab solved the problem for me, as suggested here:

On 1/29/2020 at 11:35 PM, prinyo said:

Looks like you have installed SL after installing PapyrusUtil. I suggest reinstalling PapyrusUtil and letting it overwrite the files it wants. This should fix the problem.

If it still doesn't work you can try removing the PapyrusUtill dll file from SL and installing it again: Uninstall SL, unzip the SL mod somewhere on your PC and delete " PapyrusUtil.dll" that is in the directory "SKSE/Plugins", zip it again and install this new archive. Now the only dll you will have installed is the correct one.

• 2 months later...

i am having an issue with trying to install animated beast cocks where i get this error spammed - does anyone know how to fix it or have any good recommendations for alternative creatures mods, preferably something that works with CBPC collisions? 

image.png

update: the issue is the latest version of jcontainers VR, go to JC VR github and get version 4.1.2. for VR.  good luck to anyone else with this isue!

15 hours ago, TomasIrish said:

I'm getting a script extender plugin error and game wont start.

[...]

Use the VR version of SOS instead of the SSE one.

Use the VR patch for SL and make sure it is installed after SL so it has overwrites all files it needs to.

In VR when I register the animations in SL Animation Loader's MCM I get a message "Loaded 80 new Animations, A Accept," but I can't dismiss this message. I mean I can back out of it but if I return to MCM the message is still there. I even connected my Xbox1 controller and pressed A (and all the buttons) but it wouldn't go away. How am I supposed to get around this?
Thanks

Re: "10. (optional) You can get access to more animations by installing SLAL (SexLab Animation Loader)"

3 hours ago, ntblood said:

In VR when I register the animations in SL Animation Loader's MCM I get a message "Loaded 80 new Animations, A Accept," but I can't dismiss this message. I mean I can back out of it but if I return to MCM the message is still there. I even connected my Xbox1 controller and pressed A (and all the buttons) but it wouldn't go away. How am I supposed to get around this?

Just stay in that menu while it is working, 

Thank you Prinyo so much  for this step by step, two days ago i didnt even know how to mod but ive watched a few videos and followed your steps and everything work fine, had a few bug like npc's making sounds but no animations and the papyrusUtil.dll not working either but ive followed what you said in other's people comments and everything works BTW if you guys wanna make it more realistic dont forget to include shlongs of skyrim there is a VR version and dont forget to add CBBE for more realistic skin(naked hehe?)!

On 1/10/2021 at 10:05 PM, prinyo said:

Just stay in that menu while it is working, 

Re: In VR when I register the animations in SL Animation Loader's MCM I get a message "Loaded 80 new Animations, A Accept," but I can't dismiss this message.

That worked! Thank you     If you stay in that menu while it's working then when the pop-up appears "Loaded ... new Animations, A Accept," will dismiss from there.