How to: SL in VR, step by step tutorial

1 hour ago, jc321 said:

OK,

Sounds like you need to follow the setup on page 1 of this thread .. but in particular 

you need to install 

1.) SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_Beta8 which is on the 1st page of this Thread - Install this FIRST

2.) You need to install https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048?tab=files PapyrusUtil for VR (Version 3.9b)  - Install this LAST

PapyrusUtil for VR MUST be installed AFTER Sexlab so it can install the right version of PapyrusUtil and allow you to see the extra VR tab in Sexlab.

From the pictures it looks like your characters are really really high up! - And that can still happen with Sexlab is the animations are not registered .. So on a new game .. assuming it all loads make sure you register the animations also.

I will do what you suggested and will write to you again. Last question, how i must register animations? And will i need to start new game from beginning to make everything work properly?

1 hour ago, jc321 said:

OK,

Sounds like you need to follow the setup on page 1 of this thread .. but in particular 

you need to install 

1.) SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_Beta8 which is on the 1st page of this Thread - Install this FIRST

2.) You need to install https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048?tab=files PapyrusUtil for VR (Version 3.9b)  - Install this LAST

PapyrusUtil for VR MUST be installed AFTER Sexlab so it can install the right version of PapyrusUtil and allow you to see the extra VR tab in Sexlab.

From the pictures it looks like your characters are really really high up! - And that can still happen with Sexlab is the animations are not registered .. So on a new game .. assuming it all loads make sure you register the animations also.

Also i must mention that i am followed installation with instructions from here but AFTER that i am installed the patch for sexlab vr from here step by step  

i think maybe the issue from pic two that game show me from start is related to this patch?

1 hour ago, BaalRash said:

I will do what you suggested and will write to you again. Last question, how i must register animations? And will i need to start new game from beginning to make everything work properly?

Yes, best to start a new game if possible. Once you have a working known build then you could try one of your previous saves .. but it's likely you will experience issues.

The second picture you posted is most likely due to Sexlab and Papyrus not being installed in the correct order but page 1 of this thread tells you everything you need to get a working version.

Make sure you are running the correct versions mentioned. Don't install latest/higher versions as newer versions may not work in VR 

As for registering animations .. once game is loaded either go to Sexlab in MCM and under Rebuild & Clean there will be an option to Register Animations.

What I personally do is go to ZaZ Animation Pack, select the Sexlab tab and check that Sexlab Animations have been registered. If it say's Register then click on it and wait until it changes to Registered .. About 10-20 seconds of wait time .. An example of that screen is below. 

Devious Devices SE - Page 73 - Downloads - SexLab Framework SE - LoversLab

12 hours ago, jc321 said:

Yes, best to start a new game if possible. Once you have a working known build then you could try one of your previous saves .. but it's likely you will experience issues.

The second picture you posted is most likely due to Sexlab and Papyrus not being installed in the correct order but page 1 of this thread tells you everything you need to get a working version.

Make sure you are running the correct versions mentioned. Don't install latest/higher versions as newer versions may not work in VR 

As for registering animations .. once game is loaded either go to Sexlab in MCM and under Rebuild & Clean there will be an option to Register Animations.

What I personally do is go to ZaZ Animation Pack, select the Sexlab tab and check that Sexlab Animations have been registered. If it say's Register then click on it and wait until it changes to Registered .. About 10-20 seconds of wait time .. An example of that screen is below. 

Devious Devices SE - Page 73 - Downloads - SexLab Framework SE - LoversLab

My man thank you a lot) Finally i managed to make everything work properly. Just uninstall everything related to sexlab download and install again. VR tab is in place and animation not always but most of time work properly and it's is incredibly immersive! Best of all everything work with my old saves) Thank you a lot for your reply and help, you're the best.

On 7/29/2023 at 8:07 AM, BaalRash said:

VR tab is in place and animation not always but most of time work properly and it's is incredibly immersive!

Certainly is immersive. Difficult going back to non VR skyrim once you've tried it.

Re: Animations .. Check in Sexlab in Animations menu as some scenes are disabled by default (as in Agressive and Creature) so you might want to check that, and some mods may use scenes from other animation packs.

Glad you got it working. 

On 7/29/2023 at 5:22 AM, Corysia said:

If any of you are interested, I've started a blog.  So far, the only entry in it is how I set up Skyrim VR with Sexlab and VRIK.

Thanks, certainly some Quality of Life add ons I haven't considered before 

On 7/30/2023 at 6:24 PM, jc321 said:

Certainly is immersive. Difficult going back to non VR skyrim once you've tried it.

Re: Animations .. Check in Sexlab in Animations menu as some scenes are disabled by default (as in Agressive and Creature) so you might want to check that, and some mods may use scenes from other animation packs.

Glad you got it working. 

One last question. Is Sexlab defeat mod or similar mod working in VR?

One last question. Is Sexlab defeat mod or similar mod working in VR?

I haven't tried that one (although Corysia suggests it works in their blog) . I've tried Naked Defeat and had reasonable success .. it even has a VR nospin patch within the MCM so that helps. The problem with ND is that hasn't been updated in a while and sometimes difficult to determine if the issue you're having is VR related or by design. 

1 hour ago, Corysia said:

Yes.  SL Defeat works.  I've some notes about it in my blog, too.

Okay after i installed it how can i use this? I am playing away from keyboard and all i have is the VR controller buttons) Is this possible? If yes, can you suggest how i must map my controller settings?

39 minutes ago, BaalRash said:

Okay after i installed it how can i use this? I am playing away from keyboard and all i have is the VR controller buttons) Is this possible? If yes, can you suggest how i must map my controller settings?

You should set the struggle to trigger rather than strafe, as that's mentioned in the MCM menu.  You can map Surrender to a controller binding like you'd map any other key.  I used a joystick push.  On a Rift/Quest, it'll either look like [L1][L2] or just look blank, depending on whether you clicked the left or the right.  I really haven't needed to map any other keys.

As aggressor, if your victim is knocked down, you'll have a menu you can choose when you interact with them.  As a victim, I struggle like crazy with the trigger press.  There's a UI element you can bring up, too, to show your progress when struggling.  I'm not very successful so far.

I am experimenting with Change your bindings to see if I can map up some key combinations for the Hotkeys.  Then I could do something like Grip-X or Grip-A to get a few more keys and fewer double-mapped.  I'm not very far with it, yet.  So far, I've gotten it to not conflict with VRIK's remapping.  Next step is to try to map a hotkey to an action.

And I'm playing away from the keyboard, too.  Similar to this:

Spoiler

KAT-Walk-C2-VR-Gaming-Treadmill-640x533.

Edited by Corysia
19 hours ago, Corysia said:

You should set the struggle to trigger rather than strafe, as that's mentioned in the MCM menu.  You can map Surrender to a controller binding like you'd map any other key.  I used a joystick push.  On a Rift/Quest, it'll either look like [L1][L2] or just look blank, depending on whether you clicked the left or the right.  I really haven't needed to map any other keys.

As aggressor, if your victim is knocked down, you'll have a menu you can choose when you interact with them.  As a victim, I struggle like crazy with the trigger press.  There's a UI element you can bring up, too, to show your progress when struggling.  I'm not very successful so far.

I am experimenting with Change your bindings to see if I can map up some key combinations for the Hotkeys.  Then I could do something like Grip-X or Grip-A to get a few more keys and fewer double-mapped.  I'm not very far with it, yet.  So far, I've gotten it to not conflict with VRIK's remapping.  Next step is to try to map a hotkey to an action.

Hide contents

Thanks for help) And your rig insane)

On 7/31/2023 at 10:12 PM, Corysia said:

Reveal hidden contents

I have installed this mod. And i mapped action key to left joystik push (and its blank as you mentioned) but when sneaking and try to choke NPC nothing happening. Any idea why?

Edited by BaalRash

I have installed this mod. And i mapped action key to left joystik push (and its blank as you mentioned) but when sneaking and try to choke NPC nothing happening. Any idea why?

Sounds like you're being an aggressor.  I usually play victim.  But you might need to run FNIS if you don't have it set to always run.  And whenever anything's wonky with that mod, I run CLEAN.

• 1 month later...

Hi Corysia, I looked at your blog its great! and with that setup I bet you have so much fun. I currently have a nice game going with 150 mods, It looks good and plays well although I have go some issues I can't figure out. Maybe you can help me? It's in the animations. My VRIK is a pain. (I think it's VRIK) but I downloaded the XP32 that you suggested (I had a newer version) My VRIK during animations gets all twisted, legs one way body another and if I touch the movement the VRIK moves further and further away from  the animation. Also when the animation ends VRIK remains in 3rd person view with what looks like a broken spin and his arms stretching out towards me (hard to explain) If I use the random sex mod and if one of the NPC's drag me into an animation my VRIK is fine. The animation plays as normal. So long story short. If I start an animation my VRIK breaks, If I don't start the animation my VRIK is fine.

I haven't tried your XP32 suggestion yet, I will later but have you ever seen this problem?

On 9/4/2023 at 9:33 AM, dexabcd said:

Wow! - I did not spot that and was wondering why all my animations I appeared to be facing the wrong way! - I used the conflict manager in Vortex to change the SOS mod to point to the XP32 skeleton and all working fine again.

On 9/4/2023 at 1:33 AM, dexabcd said:

Just in-case anyone else has an issue like this I seen on another thread to replace SOSskeleton.nif with the skeleton from XP32. It somewhat worked for me when on sexlab VR MCM I pressed the reset default option.

Thanks, I'll add that to my Troubleshooting page.  I haven't seen that happen, but it's a good note to have.

• 1 month later...

thank you so much for this guide. could not get the animations to load into sexlab. i was tearing my hair out for hours over it. turns out it was the sexlab version. you do indeed need specificaly beta 8 version. it would great if reikiri could put a link to it in the post with sl vr to save future ppl all this stress.

• 2 months later...

I have done it all  through the years of updates because I like to try new mods with skyrim and lets face it. some new mods corrupt your files. I have redownloaded Skyrim VR several times over the years from Steam and the latest one will not work with any sexlab version or patch, period. i would gladly contribute to a mod maker who could really fix the problem.

9 hours ago, rickymcleod said:

and the latest one will not work with any sexlab version or patch, period.

The latest what won't work?

Sexlab Framework v163 Beta 8 .. and more importantly loading PapyrusUtil Util VR 3.6b AFTER sexlab (as sexlab installs the wrong version of Papyrus for vr) install runs perfectly fine with Skyrim VR