Been searching on this forum and on Google for a couple of hours now. Can find a solution for Skyrim but not Fallout 4. I would love to see my char keep his size/height during animations. Is this even possible? The scale_actors_for_animations seems to rescale something else. Thanks.  

Edit: I'm a giant now but when animations start I shrink to normal size.

scale_actors_for_animations makes other actors the same height as the PC during animations.

So, leaving this false would leave your custom scaling alone. It sounds like you are accomplishing the scaling in some weird way and the animations are forcing the character back to the scale the animations were made for.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:04 AM, dagobaking said:

scale_actors_for_animations makes other actors the same height as the PC during animations.

So, leaving this false would leave your custom scaling alone. It sounds like you are accomplishing the scaling in some weird way and the animations are forcing the character back to the scale the animations were made for.

Thanks for the reply :) Still looking for the anwser. Have been looking into different files, to no success. I'll keep on looking and post the anwser if I find it. Just to be sure, it is possible to keep the (setscale 1.5) size of your char during animations?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm not alone, and 100's of others report the same problem. I think its fair to say that AAF change the scales by default.
My male is 1.15 on the scale.  Rescaled to 1.0 everytime I use any AAF animation. Ive done everything in my power to stop this from happening. Nothing takes.

The command

scale_actors_for_animations     = false        ; If true, re-scales all actors to match the players scale during animations.

simply put, does not work as intended.

13 hours ago, kaindayo said:

I'm not alone, and 100's of others report the same problem. I think its fair to say that AAF change the scales by default.
My male is 1.15 on the scale.  Rescaled to 1.0 everytime I use any AAF animation. Ive done everything in my power to stop this from happening. Nothing takes.

The command

scale_actors_for_animations     = false        ; If true, re-scales all actors to match the players scale during animations.

simply put, does not work as intended.

Why do you need to turn it off if your anims will be misalignet after that? 

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem went into commandline checking if on false and yup, it used to work fine without the forced 1:1 scaling after downloading some more mods and animations I think it went downhill, altough i checked if actor scale change was ticked on mod installs. hope for a fix really hate the 1:1 scale, If we want the alligned size we could change the player height ourselves 

5 hours ago, kziitd said:

I remember that some animators also set the actor's zoom size, which will override the AAF setting?

Or an AAF patch or something.

Some mods include a settings file that changes the default scaling behavior.  I know for sure that Atomic Lust, CHAK Pack, and Indarello's Patch for Animations all include a *_settings.ini that have this line in them:

[PREFERENCES]

scale_actors_for_animations     = true        ; If true, re-scales all actors to match the players scale during animations.

This will override any setting in AAF_Settings.ini

On 10/30/2022 at 11:21 AM, EgoBallistic said:

Some mods include a settings file that changes the default scaling behavior.  I know for sure that Atomic Lust, CHAK Pack, and Indarello's Patch for Animations all include a *_settings.ini that have this line in them:

[PREFERENCES]

scale_actors_for_animations     = true        ; If true, re-scales all actors to match the players scale during animations.

This will override any setting in AAF_Settings.ini

Thanks for the clear explaination, will test out later today if it will work, after double checking the settings.ini files. Thanks for the work

• 1 year later...

A bit late, but for future reference:
Change the priority (first line in file) in the AAF settings to a higher number.

"priority                = -1         ; Sets priority of this settings file (ie. controls which settings are used when multiple ini files are found.)"
(change -1 to 1 for example)

This may screw other settings in other mods using this framework, but I had no problems so far.