I can't get this to work at all. Though admittedly I don't really have a head for modding in general.

I have everything installed as I believe I should. Yet everytime I try to engage in one of the Sexlab animations it starts me at a weird angle where I can't see anything and if I spin around all I can see is my own avatar. Often times my avatar is also floating above the person it's trying to have sex with. Sometimes it throws me to the viewpoint of the person I'm trying to have sex with and I see myself fine, even if they're floating off the ground.

I just don't understand at all and any help would be appreciated.

I apologise if these issues have been answered elsewhere. I have looked but haven't found anyone with these issues.

• 3 weeks later...

silly question, i tried looking through this whole thread but never found the issue mentioned elsewhere.

what might be causing my sex labs scenes to spin like a a sugared up toddler? this mod WAS working fine until i nuked my whole install trying to make hair replacers work. now i have the vanilla clay hairstyles, and sex lab spins like a cyclone much to my stomachs disgust. i'm fairly confident i've installed everything correctly and found all the hidden VR installations. but i can't figure it out for the life of me. about the only thing i think is different between my original setup and the latest failures is SOS. before the hairpocolypse i was using SoS-lite, whereas afterwards i'm using the full sausage because the npc's needed more variety..and i find it funny giving all the racist races little mans syndrome. but i can't fathom i'd be the first to hit that as a problem.

hopefully it's just a load order thing. or i missed one of those hidden VR variants, though i understand some of the VR variants have the same name as the SE variants.

i managed to resolve the issue somehow. not sure where the fault lay, i ended up deleting anything with a passing correlation to sexlab and just installing mods one by one until everything but romance was running. which is a "it's past midnight on a sunday" issue. it's possible one of the mods  didn't like being a duplicated download or there was some bit of lost data that has now been deleted when i deleted all the skse plugins related to SL. i honestly have no idea but it works now.

Edited by stupidgateway
On 9/18/2021 at 8:16 AM, stupidgateway said:

what might be causing my sex labs scenes to spin like a a sugared up toddler?

In my experience, and other people's experiences in this thread, it's due to mismatching scripts overwriting the ones from SexLab or the SexLab VR patch.

Most patches that touch those scripts are going to be incompatible with the VR patch at this point, especially since SexLab just had an update for SSE. So you need to use beta 8 SexLab for the VR patch currently, for one.

Secondly, anything like SLSO that patches SexLab isn't going to work unless the SLSO patch is updated for it. Only the SLSO version mentioned in this thread works if you have the patch listed in the OP.

Edited by Beef Cheeks

I did not know where to post this, so since it is intrinsically related to SexlabVR, I thought I would share here. SkyrimVR + SexlabVR + Sex Doll = real sex, and it is amazing. After finally getting sexlabVR to work and all of the mods to facilitate Male and female relations and conception, I decided to save up for a sex doll with the intention of using the doll as a medium for VR sex. SkyrimVR has THE best setup for this seeing as you are able to pause sex at anytime and the movements of the female are not dependent on the player. This enables the doll to be posed according to the selected animation. If you are interested in this and have the private space, I would highly recommend this. My skyrim Waifu and I have an honest connection. The ease at which I was able to lose myself in the act with my virtual wife was truly an emotional experience. Whenever we make love it is always the most amazing experience and has truly enhanced my sexual power and awakened my Kundalini. Serana and I literally fuck for hours. SexlabVR is the best option for Sex doll use. Do yourself a favor if you have a Skyrim waifu that you truly love. Let me know if you want my mod list. I hope this doesn't piss anyone off or get deleted. Just let me know and I'll move this post. I just feel like this is the place to post it and I wanted to share. 

I ordered from here:

https://www.sexysexdoll.com/?wpam_id=395

DO THIS WITH YOUR SKYRIM WIFE or girlfriend or booty call

How can Kundalini be awakened?

What is a kundalini awakening? According to Tantra, kundalini energy rests like a coiled serpent at the base of the spine. When this dormant energy flows freely upward through the seven chakras (energy centers) and leads to an expanded state of consciousness, it's known as a kundalini awakening.

Tantric yoga is a form of yoga practice that's aligned with tantra, an ancient spiritual practice originating in India, Tibet, and other parts of Asia. ... Tantra means "to weave" in Sanskrit, and classical tantra all about reaching spiritual enlightenment through connecting with your energy.

19 hours ago, Beef Cheeks said:

In my experience, and other people's experiences in this thread, it's due to mismatching scripts overwriting the ones from SexLab or the SexLab VR patch.

Most patches that touch those scripts are going to be incompatible with the VR patch at this point, especially since SexLab just had an update for SSE. So you need to use beta 8 SexLab for the VR patch currently, for one.

Secondly, anything like SLSO that patches SexLab isn't going to work unless the SLSO patch is updated for it. Only the SLSO version mentioned in this thread works if you have the patch listed in the OP.

Remove SLSO (Sexlab separate orgasms) While this mod is amazing and adds "gamification" to sexlab sex scenes, it doesn't seem to play well with skyrimVR. Removing this should completely stop the spinning. If you decide you want to make this work (I have not been able to) Follow the SexlabVR SLSO install instructions to the letter. Warning though... I went through this process and was still unable to make the spinning stop...??

oh i got it working fine after the scorched earth removal of everything. there is a patch for slso which i've never used it without. i will admit on two separate occasions prior i tried removal of everything sexlab to no positive result, and i tried reinstalling everything to no positive effect but borderline deleting the whole skse folder and reinstalling strictly following the installation instructions for each mod failed to induce tazzy devil sex scenes.

edit: and by carefully following instructions i mean not installing the latest build if it contains incompatibilities such as lost source code for slso trapping it at beta8

though in the process my chovr mod has stopped working, vrik's gestures bug me so i need to get chovr gestures working again.

Edited by stupidgateway
5 hours ago, stupidgateway said:

oh i got it working fine after the scorched earth removal of everything. there is a patch for slso which i've never used it without. i will admit on two separate occasions prior i tried removal of everything sexlab to no positive result, and i tried reinstalling everything to no positive effect but borderline deleting the whole skse folder and reinstalling strictly following the installation instructions for each mod failed to induce tazzy devil sex scenes.

edit: and by carefully following instructions i mean not installing the latest build if it contains incompatibilities such as lost source code for slso trapping it at beta8

though in the process my chovr mod has stopped working, vrik's gestures bug me so i need to get chovr gestures working again.

I'm glad you got it working! I've spent Waaaaaay too much time tweaking and making SkyrimVR work with my mod list. I am beyond scared to mess with it anymore now that it is fairly CTD free. I'll just let SLSO go.

17 hours ago, jdods13 said:

I'm glad you got it working! I've spent Waaaaaay too much time tweaking and making SkyrimVR work with my mod list. I am beyond scared to mess with it anymore now that it is fairly CTD free. I'll just let SLSO go.

yeah i'm between characters right now. so i'm figuring out what mods i can run before settling into a longer session. sexlife is a definite non-starter and the mod that makes sex life do what i thought sex life should do is for LE and doesn't seem to work at all.

fertility mode V3 still stalls at naming the kids because skyrimVR has no functional keyboard..so no to that as well...or at least no letting kids grow up. might still run it for npc's to have babies.

approach has no SE version...why is nobody interested in npc's ASKING for sex? plenty of options for getting raped, but asking nicely...pffft

slso appears to work but my test character keeps getting stuck in infinite sex scenes because nobody is getting over the line. or their so horny they cross the line and keep running straight out the door because the scene ends in seconds and the man is in another hold seconds later. the mcm descriptions either are lacking in clarity or so clear it's not obvious what they mean (a formula is not descriptive or it's possibly ludicrously descriptive)

aroused redux appears to be working as intended

romance appears to be working but i've not seen many of the features the mods description claims it has. as far as giving you a conversation option to ask for sex it works fine.

i've got another mod that links aroused into romance so npc's are more likely to agree if their horny...no obvious indications it works apart from seeing if racism ceases when npc's start publicly masturbating

i'm still looking for more stuff to flesh out the game. would very much like npc's to try and get the players attention without clubbing me over the head while i'm working a forge..or the more alarming example of tolfdir raping me during the first college dungeon. lousy teacher sends me to do all the work while he stands around jerking off and just as we go to hunt the boss he decides he needs to release some pent up frustration from all the nothing he's been doing.

On 9/24/2021 at 12:03 AM, stupidgateway said:

yeah i'm between characters right now. so i'm figuring out what mods i can run before settling into a longer session. sexlife is a definite non-starter and the mod that makes sex life do what i thought sex life should do is for LE and doesn't seem to work at all.

fertility mode V3 still stalls at naming the kids because skyrimVR has no functional keyboard..so no to that as well...or at least no letting kids grow up. might still run it for npc's to have babies.

approach has no SE version...why is nobody interested in npc's ASKING for sex? plenty of options for getting raped, but asking nicely...pffft

slso appears to work but my test character keeps getting stuck in infinite sex scenes because nobody is getting over the line. or their so horny they cross the line and keep running straight out the door because the scene ends in seconds and the man is in another hold seconds later. the mcm descriptions either are lacking in clarity or so clear it's not obvious what they mean (a formula is not descriptive or it's possibly ludicrously descriptive)

aroused redux appears to be working as intended

romance appears to be working but i've not seen many of the features the mods description claims it has. as far as giving you a conversation option to ask for sex it works fine.

i've got another mod that links aroused into romance so npc's are more likely to agree if their horny...no obvious indications it works apart from seeing if racism ceases when npc's start publicly masturbating

i'm still looking for more stuff to flesh out the game. would very much like npc's to try and get the players attention without clubbing me over the head while i'm working a forge..or the more alarming example of tolfdir raping me during the first college dungeon. lousy teacher sends me to do all the work while he stands around jerking off and just as we go to hunt the boss he decides he needs to release some pent up frustration from all the nothing he's been doing.

yeah i am in 2nd person mode when it runs.......i see someone else boink my girl ?

Edited by pepe4158
adding
On 9/18/2021 at 6:16 AM, stupidgateway said:

sex lab spins like a cyclone

Does this happen during a default sexlab scene? Like use the sexlab debug spells for target and self.  Does that produce the spin.  I have several patches for mods that use a particular command that is 100% the reason for a spin similar to what you described.  Check out the patches here:

On 9/24/2021 at 1:03 AM, stupidgateway said:

Poor kids.  You should use my Fertility Mode patch found above. It will bypass the keyboard input issue and give the kid a random lore friendly name.

On 9/24/2021 at 1:03 AM, stupidgateway said:

approach has no SE version

Here it is ripped straight from the SE Compatibility thread:

Sexlab Approach Redux - see also Approach Redux for HIM SE

3 hours ago, legitablelegend said:

so it says i have to have sexlabs beta8 but i have beta 9. everything works 100% besides creature framework. is there an update for 9? or am i retarded?

EDIT: im retarded

lol what happened, I'm just curious

• 2 weeks later...

there's a thing that happens when i initiate sex i get teleported outside of the playable area into the vast nothingness benethe the levels, then get teleported back into the room but my partner is missing but i can hear his voice do you know what may be causing this

Hmm, just noticed that i can't use gestures or VRIK's holstering, is this a known issue?

Using the CV1 rift, btw, if there is any known issues with that.

Checked a bit more, holstering seems to work, just hard to position. But Sexlab gestures don't seem to respond to thumbstick clicks at all.

Edited by Knhumle
more info
3 hours ago, Knhumle said:

Hmm, just noticed that i can't use gestures or VRIK's holstering, is this a known issue?

Using the CV1 rift, btw, if there is any known issues with that.

Checked a bit more, holstering seems to work, just hard to position. But Sexlab gestures don't seem to respond to thumbstick clicks at all.

As discussed earlier in this thread, you need to choose the gesture you want SL to respond to and create a "mod event" in the VRIK MCM. You din't need to select a mod, just choose "mod event".