SexoutConsequences

Is it possible to add an extra option any sex acts at the end of Cold, Cold Heart, at least for good karma characters?

As I am RPing a straight male courier, it doesn't make sense for my courier to be forced to either give or receive a load from Kilborn.

At the moment there isn't any option to just end the conversation without doing either of the 2.

So I used a console command to force-end the conversation instead.

The sex options in that conversation are simply additional options. All the vanilla options, including the goodbye line, should still be there. Do me a favor, go back and try it again. If it still doesn't work, write down the line the NPC gives you right before the choice so I know we're on the same page.

The sex options in that conversation are simply additional options. All the vanilla options, including the goodbye line, should still be there. Do me a favor, go back and try it again. If it still doesn't work, write down the line the NPC gives you right before the choice so I know we're on the same page.

The dialogue path goes like this:

vNiptonVulpesvMojaveNCRTrooperTopic003 "Legion's attacked Nipton, burned and killed everyone." [DIAL:00138E16]

Kilborn: {Slight shock}What? {Beat}There's no way... we're {emph}miles from the Colorado. They...{To himself}they aren't even waiting for the Dam to fall. They're already inside the borders...

Kilborn: {To himself}...we'll never stop them, not at this rate. We're doomed. {To player}Thanks for bringing the word - even if the news is bad, I'll let the men know.

Dialogue responses:

SexoutConsEXKilbornG "Don't worry, they're not gay. Let me give you some free service." [DIAL:xx004D8C] (Consensual sex ensues)

and

SexoutConsEXKilbornE "You guys deserve it." [DIAL:xx00252B] (Rape ensues)

There's no third dialogue response and Kilborn's "I'll let the men know." dialogue cuts directly to the above dialogue choice so the PC must choose consensual sex or rape with no alternative.

i can confirm, later you tell to Kilburn about Nipton only give the 2 sexual  anwers. I play with woman, maybe dont  make one gender check.

Edit. Chavez is broken too,  him can  fuck you but not him pattners like him say and broke the quest becuase dont updat with finish it. But this was reported before.

As far as I can tell the five original vanilla lines do not have gender checks on them. As for Chavez, that is not this plugin, it's PG Tryout, and a workaround was added for that sequence at least a month ago.

As far as I can tell the five original vanilla lines do not have gender checks on them. As for Chavez, that is not this plugin, it's PG Tryout, and a workaround was added for that sequence at least a month ago.

Thank for the info, in my last play chavez was killed by other mob  even i reach him and that finish my troubles . In next time i  will see, anyway my workaround is make him follow me with sexout hookups  to alone place and kill him ( i nerver go with all my gear to jail, even if i dont know what could happen Sexout PG brutal jail time, one woman even armed to teeth alone in one jail full of horny prisioners, what could go wrong ? )

If no one is I can go ahead and add another goodbye line, I'd just like to know why the one that's already there is deciding not to show up. :s

All 7 responses are there in the GECK too; I'm guessing it's a priority issue maybe? Looking into it.

edit: Not a priority issue, although the 2 sexout responses had a redundant quest completion dialog script in them.

However, fixing that didn't seem to resolve the issue of only getting two responses. I have no idea what the deal is, here.

To clarify Zippy, when you first speak to Sgt. Kilborn there are six dialogue options. The five you highlighted as well as the vanilla "Legion's attacked Nipton, burned and killed everyone." line. This particular line as well as the "Ave Caesar!" line only show up when you have the Cold, Cold Heart quest active and either one completes the quest.

Choosing the Legion's attacked Nipton line results in the vanilla lines from Kilborn as he freaks out about the Legion. In vanilla, the dialogue ends after Kilborn says his lines and the quest completes. Consequences as it stands now queues those two sex lines, one resulting in consensual sex and the other resulting in getting raped by Kilborn. So those two lines are getting tacked into a place where in vanilla there is no response from the Courier, which is probably why they are the only two lines available.

So what we probably need is a third line to end the conversation normally like "Goodbye" or "Good luck with that." or someone can come up with something better/more appropriate.

I think a gender check on those lines would be appropriate though... it's really odd for a male courier to comfort Kilborn about the Legion not being gay and then have gay sex with him. Though maybe male appropriate lines would be better for anyone who does play a bi or gay male courier. If someone wants that though, they can suggest dialogue lines.

Weird as hell. Desty's right, in vanilla the conversation ends right after Kilborn says "blah blah cry cry I'll tell the men." But the topic is not marked as a "goodbye", and the five choices are still listed in the "choices" box.

I have no idea why it's like that in vanilla, much less in Consequences.

post-952-0-06852100-1368675293_thumb.png

I know, right? What the fuck indeed. Attached a picture to my post above to show it looking like it shouldn't be like it is (but it do).

edit: could the result script (setStage and setObjectiveCompleted) somehow automagically end the dialog? I don't think that's how it works, but I'm fucking bewildered here..

I haven't played in a while but the issue with kilborn's dialogue lines have always been like that, with a male or a female courier. This was the case even before you took over the plugin Zippy. I always thought it was intended.

I don't think it was - the Consquences lines are listed right alongside the normal vanilla lines in the choices menu of the GECK, but for some reason the vanilla choices don't show up at all, and in fact the conversation ends there in vanilla, even though it isn't marked as a goodbye. It's fucking screwy, and I don't even know how it's possible for it to work like it does in vanilla.

The five vanilla choices are leftovers probably, from before they decided the complete and stop the quest by setstaging to stage 100. That's likely why they don't show up anymore. There's also a leftover stage 15 there, where you're supposed to return to Vulpes, but that's probably never supposed to happen. Looks like something else was meant to happen in this quest that got cut out.

So yeah, if consequences prolongs the dialog & only has 2 sex options to do so, it could be good to have a 3rd, non-sex option.

The five vanilla choices are leftovers probably, from before they decided the complete and stop the quest by setstaging to stage 100. That's likely why they don't show up anymore. There's also a leftover stage 15 there, where you're supposed to return to Vulpes, but that's probably never supposed to happen. Looks like something else was meant to happen in this quest that got cut out.

So yeah, if consequences prolongs the dialog & only has 2 sex options to do so, it could be good to have a 3rd, non-sex option.

So doing setStage 100 is what ends the dialog there? I just... I had no idea a conversation could end without an explicit "goodbye" option, regardless of quest state.

Weird.

The Stage 100 script for that quest runs a StopQuest command. Since all those dialogue options are part of Cold, Cold Heart when the quest is stopped via the script the game no longers pulls the dialogue options. In vanilla the conversation ends because there are no more lines.

Interesting. I can't say I approve of the way they did it, but interesting nonetheless.

At least that's one mystery solved!

edit: By the way Zip, the goodbye option you added works fine, just fired it up to check. Thanks for that.

• 1 month later...