Bestial Essence SE

Bestial Essence SE

View File

Bestial Essence SE

I did NOT create this mod. That honor belongs to the Talented Merope

I only converted it for Skyrim Special Edition, and have shared it with you with their permission.

If you enjoy this mod, click on the link and give Merope some love, and check out their other mods!

The following copied from the original LE page:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Description

A work in progress quest mod, the main focuses of which are story and alchemy. The sexual content in the mod is not entirely about bestiality but it does feature prominently. There is a fade to black option if you do not wish to witness any of these scenes. See the quest progress list below for what has been implemented so far. Currently the story takes about 4-5 hours to complete.

There's also a vibration option for sex scenes if you are using a controller. I have absolutely no idea why you would even want that or why a modder would even include that, but it's there!

Requires:

SexlabFrameWork SE
Fus Ro D'oh SE

How to start:

The quest begins, from the players point of view, by a courier delivery. For compatibility with alternate start, the delivery is delayed by a few in game hours. If you carry on playing as normal, the delivery will happen relatively quickly. Otherwise, the fastest way to force it is to wait 2 hours (outside of alternate start cell) and then fast travel or transition through a "load door".

Complete

The New Girl
You embark on your first job for Yoana, traveling by way of Falkreath to track down a wandering stray.

Closing the Stable Door
Radulf joins you in tracking down an escaped horse.

It's a Trap
Radulf puts his trapping skills to use in the forested mountains south of Falkreath.

Monsters in the Basement
Find out what secrets Yoana has been keeping in her basement.

Homeless
An old friend returns to the store, looking to reunite with you.

A Giant Dilemma
You face a difficult choice in your next assignment from Yoana.

Unrequited Lust
Frustrated by Radulf's repeated rejections, you ask Yoana for an alchemical aid.

Bestial Essence
Thanks to your efforts, Yoana is able to reopen the store.

Lusty Nord Hunter
Discover what happened to your reluctant lover.

Sisters of Hircine
Learn about a dark figure from Yoana's past that was best left forgotten.

Customer Service
With Yoana away in Riften, it is left to you to run the store and tend to the needs of customers.

The Bear Necessities
Friends for life, Olav the White and Bjorn the bear, are running short of supplies. Bjorn's curiosity leads them to someone who might be able to help.

Stupid B'og
A pungent Orc arrives at the store seeking a fragrance which will improve his luck with the ladies.

Walkies!
Time for you and the stray to stretch your legs and possibly other things.

Shadow of Secunda
A troubled woman opens up to you in the hope of gaining assistance in confronting her fear.

Hound of the Black-Briars
A concerned grandmother from Riften reaches out to you for help in tracking down her absent grand daughter.

The Antidote
You set out to help Yoana undo one of her most pressing mistakes.

Betrayal
Villain, scoundrel, lowlife maggot.

Bestial Alchemy
You take your first steps on the path to learning Yoana and Idun's unusual form of alchemy.

Rillifina
With your attention now on saving Idun and her captive, Yoana seeks the help of young wood elf Rillifina Riverbrook. Help Yoana with the interview process and initial training.

No Rest For Rilli
Eager to please, Rillifina is now available to run collection errands for you.

Under Construction

Put Out to Pasture
After making an excellent recovery, due in no small part to your tender care and attention, the troll is to be resettled. Seek the aid of Yoana's cousin Skadi on the isle of Niflheim.

Thorek's Rest
Upon arrival on Niflheim, the player finds a recently disembarked Imperial expedition under orders to investigate the ancient Nord ruin, Thorek's Rest. Mediate the peace between Madam Free-Winter and the expedition, whilst helping them to solve the mysteries of Thorek's Rest.

Dragon Song
With the secret of Thorek's Rest unearthed, Skadi reveals the mechanism by which Yoana and Idun's alchemy works and the extent of its power. By demonstrating her magic, Skadi lures a powerful force to the island.

Lattasel (side quest)
Face the judgment of your tormentor.

First Do No Harm (side quest)
Help Hjotra repair the reputation of her Aunts.

Ladies Night (sidet quest)
Join Hjotra and Yoana for a night out in Golldir's Tavern.

A Promise is a Promise (side quest)
Rillifina's past catches up with her.

Blessed in Light
When the Glister Witch casts her glow upon Yoana.
You must decide if you will step into the light.

Later

Don't Count Your Chickens (B'og quest)
Vigilance
Confrontation
Dearly Departed

If you enjoy my conversion work and would like to toss a coin to my coffee fund, you can visit my Patreon ~ Nomkaz

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/16/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab Framework SE, Fuz Ro D-Oh SE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

On 8/16/2019 at 4:49 PM, Malphias said:

True,  it may be dead but there are 21 complete quests. I might be tempted if those that are 'under construction' can be ignored and/or don't effect this in any way.

I played the mod a couple of years ago and enjoyed it as far as it went. Merope, or whatever she is calling herself these days,  was supposed to be working on a successor to BE and another mod but neither of them have materialised.

As far as I remember, the unfinished parts don't break the game just the immersion. You have to go and talk to X but X doesn't have any relevant dialogue so you are left wondering 'did I miss something', is it a bug or is one of the unfinshed gigs.

On 8/21/2019 at 2:01 PM, nitpickerpp said:

If somebody can't find the captured wolf, there is a fix.

Fix Alias_wolf can't be filled / resolved otherwise the captured wolf won't move to the cage. (The actor need to be persistent).

BesEss.esp.Alias_wolf.fix.7z 633.97 kB · 1 download

Fix GetNthRef passed in argument formtype should be NPC_(43) rather than ACTOR(62) when searching for creature NPCs during tincture quest collecting.

frax_qf_aaxplcollectquest_0203aa0c.pex 12.11 kB · 0 downloads

I can't vouch for the conversion to SE (I had nothing to do with it) but it's clear that there is not an issue with that actor alias in the base mod (someone would have mentioned it/I would have noticed it). Be very careful with aliases that are purposely left empty to be filled dynamically later by the mod author, there are numerous and useful reasons to do this. I do it often.

The tincture search parameter rings a bell. My mind is hazy but I remember having to forego the obvious choice in lieu of another as a round about way to avoid a conflict or discrepancy in what the CK says it will do and what it actually does.

Like I said I've not had a hand in the SE version but I see no reason for the issues you have pointed out to manifest. There are a lot of idiosyncrasies within the CK that can seem counter-intuitive to a less experienced modder.

16 minutes ago, ritalmao said:

oh come on, i wasted hours trying to find why genitals were missing and it's because there's a compatibility patch that has no been converted? ffs how did you release this conversion without taking care of such a basic issue??

You can't have wasted hours reading this thread though as the issue crops up on a regular basis and always has.

13 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

You can't have wasted hours reading this thread though as the issue crops up on a regular basis and always has.

i did waste hours trying to find what's wrong with creature framework, morenastycritters and abc, uninstalling multiple mods and rebuilding patches. Anyway, do you have a conversion of the patch?

can someone post a converted patch? it's found on mnc for LE original page, im trying to do it myself, i have converted the meshes but i can't convert the esp, the creation kit gives a "Multiple master files selected for load. Load operation aborted" message and apparently the fix for this is to edit the skyrimeditor.ini which i cannot find anywhere. Don't say that i need to launch creation kit once and load skyrim.esm because i tried and it did nothing, there is no skyrimeditor.ini file anywhere on my pc. If someone can help me with that i would appreciate it.

50 minutes ago, ritalmao said:

i did waste hours trying to find what's wrong with creature framework, morenastycritters and abc, uninstalling multiple mods and rebuilding patches. Anyway, do you have a conversion of the patch?

can someone post a converted patch? it's found on mnc for LE original page, im trying to do it myself, i have converted the meshes but i can't convert the esp, the creation kit gives a "Multiple master files selected for load. Load operation aborted" message and apparently the fix for this is to edit the skyrimeditor.ini which i cannot find anywhere. Don't say that i need to launch creation kit once and load skyrim.esm because i tried and it did nothing, there is no skyrimeditor.ini file anywhere on my pc. If someone can help me with that i would appreciate it.

Have you tried searching for it under users\YOURNAME\Appdata\....... Here is the tricky part, The AppData folder is hidden from you normally. The Microsoft like to think they are smarter than you and hid it so settings inside can't be messed with by end users. However, you can access it. Just typle in the url style path from root out to the folder and hit enter and you will be taken to it, and all it's goodies inside.  There are some skyrim settings in there I've tweaked, it's where the game gets it's load order from. Fuck Vortex trying to control my load order! Might find what you are looking for there.

1 hour ago, ritalmao said:

My apologies.

I didn't realise this was the SE thread. My comments only apply to the LE thread.

1 hour ago, Malphias said:

Have you tried searching for it under users\YOURNAME\Appdata\....... Here is the tricky part, The AppData folder is hidden from you normally. The Microsoft like to think they are smarter than you and hid it so settings inside can't be messed with by end users. However, you can access it. Just typle in the url style path from root out to the folder and hit enter and you will be taken to it, and all it's goodies inside.  There are some skyrim settings in there I've tweaked, it's where the game gets it's load order from. Fuck Vortex trying to control my load order! Might find what you are looking for there.

nope, no skyrimeditor.ini there

16 hours ago, ritalmao said:

try using this patch for MNC, i just threw the original on cathedral assets optimizer and it did it's thing. It seems to work fine for me, i did not figure out how to convert the .esp but the game doesn't seem to care

mncpatch.7z 2.61 kB · 3 downloads

I'll give this a try this evening. I've put the questing on hold until this resolved so be nice if this works for me. Yea, I doubt that it would have to effect the esp, I suspect it is a case of this mod using different meshes than the normal ones used by such mods as MNC. All we need are the meshes in the correct directories, I suspect.

9 hours ago, Malphias said:

I'll give this a try this evening. I've put the questing on hold until this resolved so be nice if this works for me. Yea, I doubt that it would have to effect the esp, I suspect it is a case of this mod using different meshes than the normal ones used by such mods as MNC. All we need are the meshes in the correct directories, I suspect.

Good thinking but it's nothing to do with meshes in this mod (there aren't any).

I'll describe briefly why the 'problem' with missing genitals occurs.

Firstly, understand that 99% of mods on the forum don't have genitals. As a mod maker it's not something you focus on (or care about). Other mods exist and the sole reason for their being is to add (swap meshes) for actors when certain events happen (naughty animations).

So why does the genital swapping work for most mods but not Bestial Essence?

*Bestial Essence does not edit any vanilla race forms, the changes I'm talking about only affect actors that if not for Bestial Essence would not exist in your game. They are entirely unique to the mod.

Bestial Essence does something with animal races that is a bit unusual. Most of the animal races are a duplicate but distinct race for all of the time except when they are told to perform a Sexlab animation. Just before animations they are race switched to the standard race and then back again after completion of the animation cycle. Bestial Essence does not alter the Sexlab allowable races list so unless this race switch occurred the actors would never animate. And clearly, they do. I was very careful when doing this, I made advancement through the process conditional on race switch completion. That's important, it means I never ask a non vanilla race to animate, ever.

So functionally, I can argue that my mod is no different to the most bog standard of Sexlab mods that would also be enriched by those oh so wonderful genital mods. The issue is timing. But as adding genitals to things is not something I care the least about, I'm happy for that challenge to wrest upon those mod authors that dedicate their endeavours to genitals.

Bestial Essence is primarily a story mod. It's important for story mods to have persistent characters if you want to do any thing useful with them. During development of the mod I had unending reports of problems that were invariably due to other mods that liked to attach to whatever actor was in the loaded area and force them to do other things. This is an enormous problem for story focused mods. One of the worst offenders was something arousal iirc. I never used it but I'm speaking from user reports. So the race switching mechanic was a way to lessen the effects of mods that would try to attach to any thing they could find around them, as mostly they would work on a race basis.

First off all, i must say that this is a very well made quest mod. I had a lot of fun with the main quest line. So my compliments to Carabosse ?

However I've encountered something that seems like a script problem with the ingridients collection. When I use a tincture to calm down creatures the calming effect works, but I don't get approached by the creatures. They just stand around and do nothing. Can somebody else confirm this ?

• 2 weeks later...