Bestial Essence SE

On 9/12/2019 at 4:40 AM, runebar said:

So is this still being worked on? I remember checking up on this way back in the day before the special edition version of Skyrim released.

I've no intention to update this or the old Skyrim version of Bestial Essence.

But I have been working on a successor mod called Essential Relief. It's not the old version of Essential Relief (if you remember my posting about that before). It's a combination of elements of Essential Relief and Bestial Essence but made from scratch.

It's for special edition only. It won't conflict with Bestial Essence SE.

Yoana and Idun have been "pixified" and need your help.

<>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 9:47 AM, lelyaltara123 said:

Radulf gets stuck after "stepping in the horse shit" and will just stand there, staring at me, any way to fix it?

edit: nevermind, found the issue. he was stuck inside the hitbox of a fence from improved roads

Just jostle with start from the bridge. for me it always helps the horse it could come to btd just in Creature Framework at Bestial Essence on no change

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble in the Sisters of Hircine quest - when returning to the Portal Stone with the possible cure, the Vigilants of Stendarr start talking to me just fine. But once their friend playing with the stone is zapped away, the other two just stand there, not saying anything, and when I try to talk to them it says they're busy. Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, Null1024 said:

I'm having trouble in the Sisters of Hircine quest - when returning to the Portal Stone with the possible cure, the Vigilants of Stendarr start talking to me just fine. But once their friend playing with the stone is zapped away, the other two just stand there, not saying anything, and when I try to talk to them it says they're busy. Any thoughts?

The problem is that when you add a list of other mods to the mix there's always the chance that something might go wrong when trying to manipulate actors and objects in the world.

Your best option is to reload a save prior to this encounter. And don't do any thing silly like having mods that are actively tagging actors in the vicinity etc. If the problem persists you can always turn on the Fast Forward feature and skip past that encounter.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:44 PM, Carabosse said:

The problem is that when you add a list of other mods to the mix there's always the chance that something might go wrong when trying to manipulate actors and objects in the world.

Your best option is to reload a save prior to this encounter. And don't do any thing silly like having mods that are actively tagging actors in the vicinity etc. If the problem persists you can always turn on the Fast Forward feature and skip past that encounter.

I had tried making a save before it and trying again, and it hadn't worked. But something must have happened to the gremlins, as trying the encounter again today it worked perfectly, and now I'm able to make my own bestial potions with the right ingredients.

Thanks for the help though, it's a fun mod so far and I'm looking forward to the next one!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have tried different stages of the mod, re downloaded Creature Framework, FNIS, SexLab, MoreNastyCritters, Aroused Creatures, Fuz Ro D-oh and even run Loot. But when ever I try to collect ''Semen'' from troll in basement he T poses for a sec then done. Now I am in the quest ''Lusty Hunter'' and stuck due to this issue. Anyone else have this issue? Also the Horse and stray dog scene worked well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whenever I choose the dialogue option to collect semen, there is no animation, just a jump to a prompt advising that I have collected. I have locked both plugins to the bottom of the load order, but this doesn't help. I've tried moving the mod itself both above and below SL animations but still nothing. Any suggestions please?

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. Forgot to run FNIS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 5:54 AM, Firerescueman911 said:

So I have tried different stages of the mod, re downloaded Creature Framework, FNIS, SexLab, MoreNastyCritters, Aroused Creatures, Fuz Ro D-oh and even run Loot. But when ever I try to collect ''Semen'' from troll in basement he T poses for a sec then done. Now I am in the quest ''Lusty Hunter'' and stuck due to this issue. Anyone else have this issue? Also the Horse and stray dog scene worked well.

I haven't even gotten that far. In my game, the troll just doesn't show up where he's supposed to. I took a look at this mod in CK. The troll is in his starting cell. Which is inaccessible anyway. But that's by design. When I teleported myself to this starting cell, he's invisible but I can walk into him. The CK tells me he's a unique actor, and there's only one of him in the game. So that's not the problem either. I did the usual reload over and over, but it ain't solving anything. AUGH!! I remember playing this in LE. I don't recall having issues with any of the quests.

3 hours ago, ChrisHPZ said:

I haven't even gotten that far. In my game, the troll just doesn't show up where he's supposed to. I took a look at this mod in CK. The troll is in his starting cell. Which is inaccessible anyway. But that's by design. When I teleported myself to this starting cell, he's invisible but I can walk into him. The CK tells me he's a unique actor, and there's only one of him in the game. So that's not the problem either. I did the usual reload over and over, but it ain't solving anything. AUGH!! I remember playing this in LE. I don't recall having issues with any of the quests.

It's a bit difficult for me to provide support for the SE version of Bestial Essence. I've never actually played the SE version and I had no part in porting it. But I can offer general advice.

If you're in a state where you are reloading to fix a quest and it persistently fails. Remember that there is the fast forward option in the mod config menu, you can turn it on at any time. It was originally designed as a way for players who had previously played the mod to skip bits that they didn't want to replay. You could use it to skip problematic quests. It's not ideal I know, I'm sorry.

I won't be uploading updates or fixes to either the original Bestial Essence or the SE version. All of my attention is on Essential Relief(Bestial Essence successor) and Zodiac. Essential Relief is for SE only.

7 hours ago, Carabosse said:

It's a bit difficult for me to provide support for the SE version of Bestial Essence. I've never actually played the SE version and I had no part in porting it. But I can offer general advice.

If you're in a state where you are reloading to fix a quest and it persistently fails. Remember that there is the fast forward option in the mod config menu, you can turn it on at any time. It was originally designed as a way for players who had previously played the mod to skip bits that they didn't want to replay. You could use it to skip problematic quests. It's not ideal I know, I'm sorry.

I won't be uploading updates or fixes to either the original Bestial Essence or the SE version. All of my attention is on Essential Relief(Bestial Essence successor) and Zodiac. Essential Relief is for SE only.

Yeah no sweat Carabosse, I appreciate the advice. I'll use the fast forward option as I'm not ready to remove this mod or start a new game. Best of luck with Essential Relief. And if I can be of assistance with its development, I'm around. Here's a link to my mods - CLICK ME

On 4/2/2020 at 11:42 AM, ChrisHPZ said:

Yeah no sweat Carabosse, I appreciate the advice. I'll use the fast forward option as I'm not ready to remove this mod or start a new game. Best of luck with Essential Relief. And if I can be of assistance with its development, I'm around. Here's a link to my mods - CLICK ME

Your player homes are nice. So much detail. And those runes would make great Witch circles. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 7:53 PM, Carabosse said:

I think you did a great job with this mod.  where can I find the original Bestial Essence for LE?  Thank you for sharing and looking forward to seeing your vision in Essential Relief.

2 hours ago, HalcyonAndOn said:

Anyone else had an issue where after the initial B'og quest, if you decide to take him to the basement, the bed becomes unusable (no activation prompt)? I mean, I get it, he's quite smelly and probably irreparably ruined the furs ?

There's probably a block activation call on the bed during that quest. I guess to stop the player going to sleep either intentionally or by accident. But it would have the activation block removed at the end of that quest. Or was it a section of a larger quest. I think it's its own quest, even if it's unmarked. Iirc the end of the quest happens when returning upstairs and speaking to Yoana.

20 hours ago, Carabosse said:

There's probably a block activation call on the bed during that quest. I guess to stop the player going to sleep either intentionally or by accident. But it would have the activation block removed at the end of that quest. Or was it a section of a larger quest. I think it's its own quest, even if it's unmarked. Iirc the end of the quest happens when returning upstairs and speaking to Yoana.

Makes sense, but I'm well past that quest now and still no activator on the bed, that quest was completed and I'm onto finding the portal stone (I probably should've mentioned I tried the bed for several days after completing that specific quest and still couldn't activate it). It's not a huge deal for me personally. I also noticed something else, the bed Radulf used is acting the same way, I don't see the Bed (Owned) or anything and assume the same type of block is used there during 'that one scene.' Could something else on my end be interrupting removing the block? Thank you for the taking the time to respond, much appreciated.

1 hour ago, HalcyonAndOn said:

Makes sense, but I'm well past that quest now and still no activator on the bed, that quest was completed and I'm onto finding the portal stone (I probably should've mentioned I tried the bed for several days after completing that specific quest and still couldn't activate it). It's not a huge deal for me personally. I also noticed something else, the bed Radulf used is acting the same way, I don't see the Bed (Owned) or anything and assume the same type of block is used there during 'that one scene.' Could something else on my end be interrupting removing the block? Thank you for the taking the time to respond, much appreciated.

That's a long time trying to sleep. You must be knackered.

Is it only beds in the Bestial Essence store or have you noticed any other beds having the issue? It's unlikely I would have scripted any thing with the other beds. Though my memory is hazy.