Vtaw Workshop - Fallout 4 Clothing Armor Mods

On 8/5/2019 at 7:07 PM, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

Yes, but you're kinda stupid if you're not using it and expecting people to break ankles just for you... 

Thanks. I guess I could be both 'stupid', and be perfectly accepting of the fact that some modders will build outfits that require HHS (which a 'stupid' person like myself will not use), while other modders may still release outfits with tops, pants...even footwear options (not necessarily high heels at all), which a 'stupid' person will use. Then again, how would I know...apparently I'm 'stupid'. Have a good day TheBottomhoodofSteel.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 11:01 AM, Lonewanderer345 said:

Thanks. I guess I could be both 'stupid', and be perfectly accepting of the fact that some modders will build outfits that require HHS (which a 'stupid' person like myself will not use), while other modders may still release outfits with tops, pants...even footwear options (not necessarily high heels at all), which a 'stupid' person will use. Then again, how would I know...apparently I'm 'stupid'. Have a good day TheBottomhoodofSteel.

Look, pal. You don't get to tell modders how to mod. If you're somehow incapable/unwilling to download a simple support mod, in order to get this shit to work, that's on you.

You ain't entitled to jack shit.

8 hours ago, Pork Type said:

Look, pal. You don't get to tell modders how to mod. If you're somehow incapable/unwilling to download a simple support mod, in order to get this shit to work, that's on you.

You ain't entitled to jack shit.

EDIT: 'cause replying is a waste of time. Anyway, i answered this for myself: Depending on how the HHS is applied, it is not necessarily a requirement for the outfit. The dress .nif in the Rebel outfit for example, can work perfectly well with other footwear and doesn't require HHS, and converts to vanilla or other bodies without issue, which is useful when making mash-up outfits. Have a nice day folks!

On 8/19/2019 at 11:17 AM, Lonewanderer345 said:

Depending on how the HHS is applied, it is not necessarily a requirement for the outfit. The dress .nif in the Rebel outfit for example, can work perfectly well with other footwear and doesn't require HHS, and converts to vanilla or other bodies without issue, which is useful when making mash-up outfits.

You could have stated this in the very first place, instead of initially coming off as an an entitled whiner. Why didn't you?

You've got 14 posts here, dude. You don't get automatic benefit from folks who've never heard of you. Don't assume. 

OP is incredibly good at what they do. Incredibly. Why attack them, for being, perhaps, ignorant/myopic towards things in your particular wheelhouse?

Why not collaborate with the OP, rather than berate them?

Not everyone is good at everything!

Why not try to work with vtaw, instead of berating their shortcomings?

18 hours ago, Pork Type said:

You could have stated this in the very first place, instead of initially coming off as an an entitled whiner. Why didn't you?

You've got 14 posts here, dude. You don't get automatic benefit from folks who've never heard of you. Don't assume. 

OP is incredibly good at what they do. Incredibly. Why attack them, for being, perhaps, ignorant/myopic towards things in your particular wheelhouse?

Vtaw does seem [not used much/any of his stuff] quite good at what they do, and asking to, and creating a HHS 'patch' for their items would be a good suggestion, if someone has the knowledge and skill for it.

However, @Lonewanderer345 hasn't said shit to warrant your response either.

They asked an honest question, politely, in response to someone's request for Vtaw, and responded to TBOS's snark, with snark.
All you've done is make assumptions and white-knight modders generally, over a misconception they're trying to 'tell modders how to mod'.

Having a few hundred more posts doesn't bestow any privileges nor should it automatically garner more respect.

3 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Vtaw does seem [not used much/any of his stuff] quite good at what they do, and asking to, and creating a HHS 'patch' for their items would be a good suggestion, if someone has the knowledge and skill for it.

However, @Lonewanderer345 hasn't said shit to warrant your response either.

They asked an honest question, politely, in response to someone's request for Vtaw, and responded to TBOS's snark, with snark.
All you've done is make assumptions and white-knight modders generally, over a misconception they're trying to 'tell modders how to mod'.

Having a few hundred more posts doesn't bestow any privileges nor should it automatically garner more respect.

Point(s) taken. This whole kerfuffle could have been avoided, had multiple posters (including myself) taken a step back, and counted to ten.

I won't stop "white-knighting" good modders, however, if I feel they're being treated unfairly. But I'll take my own advice: Step back, and try to understand the context/nuance of the whole discussion before firing from the hip.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Pork Type said:

This whole kerfuffle could have been avoided, had multiple posters (including myself) taken a step back, and counted to ten.

Indeed.
TBOS also tends to 'fire from the hip', as you put it, a bit too often.

2 hours ago, Pork Type said:

I won't stop "white-knighting" good modders, however, if I feel they're being treated unfairly.

That's more 'defending' than 'white-knighting', when it's valid, but I know what you mean :P

Besides, I'd do the same.

I'll see ya 'round Pork. :)

On 8/22/2019 at 9:52 AM, Pork Type said:

On 7/23/2019 at 8:50 PM, zax said:

Would be awesome if you considered adding Fallout 4 High Heels System support for your outfits.

I enquired as follows: "Would that stop those of us who don't use HHS from accessing the outfits?"

(Which does not seem to me to be either 'entitled' or 'whiner' and certainly could not be taken by any reasonable person as 'berating' of vtaw.)

The last comment I directed to vtaw was: "Truly 'Mega'.........thank you very much Vtaw." Difficult to twist that into an attack on modders?

On 8/5/2019 at 7:07 PM, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

Yes, but you're kinda stupid if you're not using it and expecting people to break ankles just for you... 

This was rather random, snarky as an other poster said, and, factually Incorrect...misleading forum users about HHS (although I didn't know at that time either). 

I was not 'expecting people to break ankles'...I don't know where TBOS got that idea from.

I don't know TBOS from Adam, so replied in kind, and in as humorous a way possible, but still showing that I do not accept random strangers labelling me as 'stupid'...if you want respect, why throw insults at newer forum members?

You then joined in the fray and stepped the insults up a notch. For no possible benefit as you didn't even mention HHS , or the use of outfits with or without..you just went for an aggressive insulting attack on me.

Spurred on by these two, less than constructive responses, I downloaded the 600MB outfit, and converted parts of it in Outfit Studio to Wonder Body (an outstanding mod by Astrlify

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19516

and found that TBOS was wrong....HHS outfits can still be used without HHS. It is a 'soft' requirement in effect.

I shared this in my reply to you, as well as elsewhere, on the Nexus, in order to inform and 'collaborate' with fellow mod users.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/156956

So, I couldn't say this 'in the first place', as I did not know the facts until a date after TBOS and yourself had replied. 

At the end of the day, all you guys have done is left me thinking that LL users are a bunch of jerks (to put it mildly).

You have certainly dispelled the myth that LL is a more open and chilled out space than Nexus.

I was raised to believe 'there are no stupid questions'...the only stupidity is in not asking a question if you are in doubt.

You guys take every question as if it's from 'entitled whiner'.

In summary...I hope the correct info about HHS is of use to others. (That's the important thing after all..given we are talking about outfits in a video game here for heaven's sakes.)

And...I hope you'll follow through on your discussion with Nebuchadnezzer2 and cut people some slack in future instead of assuming the worst. If you don't know the answer, or didn't understand the question...you would be better to keep quiet (applies to TBOS as well).

My thanks to Nebuchadnezzer2 for restoring a little faith in LL, by showing that not there are also 'reasonable people' on the forums, and that 'jerks' may just be the 'vocal minority'.

In writing this, I can't escape the depressing feeling that it will be taken as further evidence of 'entitled whining'.

Regardless, I wish everyone a good day. Have Fun.

EDIT: I'd also like to personally apologise to vtaw for this 'conversation' ending up as  a 'stain' on their 'topic page' and to thank them once again for sharing these outfit conversions.

21 minutes ago, Lonewanderer345 said:

In writing this, I can't escape the depressing feeling that it will be taken as further evidence of 'entitled whining'.

Regardless, I wish everyone a good day. Have Fun.

You posted it; no one held a gun to your head.

Master of your own destiny. And shit.

6 hours ago, Pork Type said:

You posted it; no one held a gun to your head.

Master of your own destiny. And shit.

You must have been top of the class when it came to Debating with skills like that 'Pork Type'.

Almost 'professional politician' level ability to ignore the other parties case/facts/issues and plough on with your own prejudices, while completely missing the salient points altogether.

Impressive.

If the rest of the 600+ posts, which you consider earn you immediate respect and benefit in the forums, are as incisive as the handful you've contributed here...wow. 

Not sure why you feel the need to continue to target me....or are you always this way?