50 minutes ago, shanejedi said:

Hello i would like have help about this mod i use fair skin complexion and idk if it make conflict or not because nothing seem to change when i switch values, i have all requirement
thanks you have nice day

Do you see the wet texture appear when you swim in water? That is an immediate visible change. If you don't see that, then there is something wrong with the install or the load order. The other changes that will occur is when you use stamina (sprinting, using a sword etc.) you should see a change. First, a slight wet sheen will appear, and after more stamina is consumed, a more saturated wet layer will appear. The same thing should happen when it rains. Go into the MCM menu and open the WFR settings. Go down to "Targets" and look over to the right of the page. You should see "Select Target" and your character name should be there with "running" after it and it should say "selected". Below that, you should see "Current Target" with your character name and "running" Underneath that it should say "Stop Effect". If it says "Start Effect" then WFR is not running on your character.

3 hours ago, superlerk123 said:

this works great just wondering anyone else use drit and blood mod but does not get the overlays to appear for the dirt / blood
I'm guessing the wet overlays is taking priority over dirt / blood

It shouldn't. I use WFR and I also have the Keep It Clean mod (which applies a dirt layer when you're dirty), and Flower Girls Sperm Textures, and Enhanced Blood Textures. I've had dirt textures and wet textures on there at the same time. In fact there was one time I had all 4 textures on my character at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

So im a couple hours into my latest character and WFR suddenly has stopped swapping the skin. I can still sometimes get a little gloss, but even using debug settings to force nothing major happens. I also know that its not a install or load order option, as loading an earlier save allows the water drop effect on skin to work.

48 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

So im a couple hours into my latest character and WFR suddenly has stopped swapping the skin. I can still sometimes get a little gloss, but even using debug settings to force nothing major happens. I also know that its not a install or load order option, as loading an earlier save allows the water drop effect on skin to work.

make sure you have no overload of Racemenu overlays. if you use alot of tattoos it can happen that 12 slot fill up fast.

but that is just a guess, can have different problems. on LE this never happened to me, hm,. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this is a really cool mod, thx a lot! Only thing is the "apply to npcs" does not seem to work for me... What could be the reason for that? Also would it be possible to have a implementation with OSex/OStim, which is currently evolving and being updated a lot?

Edit: Ok I got it to work for NPCs now ;) Ostim implementation would still be nice though :)

I'm not sure if this is one of the issues you listed, but whenever I sleep, the wet textures get removed. Trying to reset it and add it back using the tools in the misc. tab also have some issues like some people have mentioned. I'm using a custom race (ygnord) and high poly head as well, so I'm not sure if this is a problem. 

1 hour ago, eyeballjones said:

I'm not sure if this is one of the issues you listed, but whenever I sleep, the wet textures get removed. Trying to reset it and add it back using the tools in the misc. tab also have some issues like some people have mentioned. I'm using a custom race (ygnord) and high poly head as well, so I'm not sure if this is a problem. 

Well, yes of course, wet textures get removed when you sleep. Think about sleeping while sweaty or wet from a shower in real life. You're going to wake up with that all evaporated. It's not meant to be a permanent wet layer. You get the wetness back by (1) swimming in water or (2) using a lot of stamina. Or being outside when it's raining. If you want a "wet look" skin, then there are lots of skin textures that will place that on your character's body permanently.

36 minutes ago, Sandatharius said:

Well, yes of course, wet textures get removed when you sleep. Think about sleeping while sweaty or wet from a shower in real life. You're going to wake up with that all evaporated. It's not meant to be a permanent wet layer. You get the wetness back by (1) swimming in water or (2) using a lot of stamina. Or being outside when it's raining. If you want a "wet look" skin, then there are lots of skin textures that will place that on your character's body permanently.

Hmm that makes sense, I think this will only work with auto apply. Also I thought that having forced values would just make it permanent but I guess that's not the case. Is there any way to turn this off? I did like that this mod was configurable that a lot of skin texture mods don't really have. 

So for some reason I can't get this mod to apply to the player character. Works fine for all NPCs either using auto-apply or with all auto-apply settings off.

With the PC, the effect will apply but on the next update it will disappear and won't reapply. I've tried playing around with all the MCM settings, and moving the .esp to the bottom of my load order but neither helped. I noticed in the console that I get a message from WF saying "effect stopped, spell missing - all ok" but I'm not sure if this is from using "Clear Data" or if this is indicative of my problem.

I do use mods like SlaveTats but I assumed that if this was causing the problem, I could just disable any overlays applied by other mods and the WFR texture would appear. Because WRF seems to have no problem initially applying the texture, only keeping it around I'm guessing this isn't the issue.

I know this problem has come up before in this thread but I haven't seen anyone post a solution so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

edit: turns out I'm just blind and w234aew found the solution - conflict between yps's frequent NiO update and WFR textures

Edited by asdj1239

Strange!The MCM menu for this mod cannot be displayed,after hours of searching, I found  Bad Dog's Hoodie Schlongs: Khajiit, Argonians, Human/Elf V9.5 

cause this problem. Is there a way to resolve this conflict? I really enjoyed both of these mods.

When I open a new file, I have no problem to run the MOD, MCM menu is no problem, but when I do something (such as save and load the file), some options for the below details will disappear, this is a very strange thing, I don't know I don't clearly stated (after all, I use translation software)

Also, I couldn't reinstall the MOD in the middle of the game, and the MCM menu didn't work, which is a problem with many mods, of course.

As a free user, I don't expect a quick fix, but would appreciate someone telling me what the problem is

Here's my optimized female CBBE texture pack. It outperforms those available for download, and i barely had to do anything. Body in 2K, head in 1K and hands in 512.

Backstory: The link in the OP has a 4K download and a 1K "optimized" download. Problem is 4K is excessive, and the 1K version looks like it was downscaled in an editor from the 90s. In short its blurred beyond recognition. I just took the 4K version and ran it through cathedral asset optimizer, choosing 2K for the body, 1K for the head and 512 for the feet. Then looked at it ingame and the difference is like night and day.

WetfunctionCBBETexOptimized.7z

About the MCM menu option I mentioned above introduction to disappear, I keep must shut down all the mod just after tested (1.5.97 SKSE2.0.19, PapyrusUtil SE3.9, RM), some of the options will be really disappear after loading the archive again, in addition to this,It doesn't have any other problems (not yet) and I wonder if anyone else has the same problem as me. Although this question is harmless, as a non-native English speaker, I have to rely on the introduction of the option to figure out what a value is without a translation.

In fact, even if you don't have a solution, just telling me if you have or don't have the same problem will help me, really let me know if it's the mod's problem or mine.

On 6/11/2021 at 6:48 AM, WYH661129 said:

About the MCM menu option I mentioned above introduction to disappear, I keep must shut down all the mod just after tested (1.5.97 SKSE2.0.19, PapyrusUtil SE3.9, RM), some of the options will be really disappear after loading the archive again, in addition to this,It doesn't have any other problems (not yet) and I wonder if anyone else has the same problem as me. Although this question is harmless, as a non-native English speaker, I have to rely on the introduction of the option to figure out what a value is without a translation.

In fact, even if you don't have a solution, just telling me if you have or don't have the same problem will help me, really let me know if it's the mod's problem or mine.

I am currently having this problem, my MCM menu will not show up for me even after reinstalling the mod. I have all it's requirements and I do have bad dogs hoodies installed as well. 

I have makeup and eyeliner stuff using racemenu and the specular textures from this mod is overwriting it. Is there any way to make both this mod and racemenu colors work together? Or am I just doing something wrong? 

I know that it's from this mod because I disable the textures in the MCM for head in this mod and the colors from racemenu work as expected, but I enable it and they don't work. But, if I disable it then the specular effects obviously don't show anymore. 

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to be maybe a 3-way conflict between racemenu, proteus, and wet function. To get what I wanted to do I need to turn off the wet function for a second, apply any changes to my character in racemenu, save it, then save the appearance in proteus. After that I can turn back on wet function in the head and it works normally

Edited by eyeballjones
Solved it myself.
On 5/23/2021 at 7:41 AM, Darth Mopp said:

Hey, this is a really cool mod, thx a lot! Only thing is the "apply to npcs" does not seem to work for me... What could be the reason for that? Also would it be possible to have a implementation with OSex/OStim, which is currently evolving and being updated a lot?

Edit: Ok I got it to work for NPCs now ;) Ostim implementation would still be nice though :)

Hi can you please let me know what you did to get it to work?

Okay i used this mod 2 years ago and uninstalled it because it crashed. Now i tried it again for a month. It no longer crashes, but no matter what i do, i cannot get it to work reliably. The furthest i got is it now reliably works for NPCs, but regularily fails on my player char and i have in and out of racemenu limited for the running effect to be applied to my body. By now i wasted over 50 hours of my life on this thing - hours i could have played the game or try out other mods. I'm giving up on this mod and never coming back.

2 hours ago, bastardopfromhell said:

Okay i used this mod 2 years ago and uninstalled it because it crashed. Now i tried it again for a month. It no longer crashes, but no matter what i do, i cannot get it to work reliably. The furthest i got is it now reliably works for NPCs, but regularily fails on my player char and i have in and out of racemenu limited for the running effect to be applied to my body. By now i wasted over 50 hours of my life on this thing - hours i could have played the game or try out other mods. I'm giving up on this mod and never coming back.

It likely crashed then, because it is unstable when using it on anyone other than the player character. That was a known issue at that time. You don't need RaceMenu to use this mod. I know it says so in the requirements, but I don't need to USE it to make the mod work. I do have RaceMenu but I don't need to access it to make this mod work. All you need is the MCM menu in SkyUI. Take the effect off NPCs and use the settings for your own character. I've been using this for well over a year with no issues at all. My character gets saturated when she has been in rain for a while, and also when swimming, becomes sweaty when using Stamina etc. etc. The effect dissipates after a set number of game hours, depending how it's been set in the MCM menu. I would reset everything to default settings. I think the problem is that people think it's some kind of "wet look" that is supposed to be on a character's body permanently (at least that's what I've been finding further back in this thread)

What happens to your character when you fully immerse in water, or are in pouring rain? Does the effect get applied? 

Edited by Sandatharius
2 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

It likely crashed then, because it is unstable when using it on anyone other than the player character. That was a known issue at that time. You don't need RaceMenu to use this mod. I know it says so in the requirements, but I don't need to USE it to make the mod work. I do have RaceMenu but I don't need to access it to make this mod work. All you need is the MCM menu in SkyUI. Take the effect off NPCs and use the settings for your own character. I've been using this for well over a year with no issues at all. My character gets saturated when she has been in rain for a while, and also when swimming, becomes sweaty when using Stamina etc. etc. The effect dissipates after a set number of game hours, depending how it's been set in the MCM menu. I would reset everything to default settings. I think the problem is that people think it's some kind of "wet look" that is supposed to be on a character's body permanently (at least that's what I've been finding further back in this thread)

What happens to your character when you fully immerse in water, or are in pouring rain? Does the effect get applied? 

I know it doesn't need racemenu. But racemenu limited (which is a different mod than racemenu**) "resets" the playermodel, and for my own char that was often the only way to "asskick" this mod to apply the effect. So the problem wasn't my own stats: In the MCM i could see i was soaked and the effect running. It just wasn't applied to my model, so resetting the model via racemenu limited would apply the effect - until 20 minutes later the game again forgot to apply the effect and needed another racemenu-limited asskick. 

I've seen two other people in this thread having the same problem (effect sometimes not applied, but resetting the model temporarily fixes it). I dont recall those people ever found a permanent solution for it. 

** = "Racemenu Limited" is just a shout that activates the "surgeon"-version of racemenu. Difference being you keep all your skills, perks and saveslot, but only have access to a reduced number of sliders (hence the name "Racemenu Limited"). Just like the surgeon-menu, activating this version of racemenu "resets" the playermodel, which can fix all kinds of issues - in this case scheduled decals not getting applied.

Edited by bastardopfromhell
  • 2 weeks later...