12 hours ago, yseraboy said:

Damn, I wish I wasn't such a CK noob. :)

I just [10-min ago] tried to set it as the active file, and the CK gave warning messages about the masters and aborted loading the files so I couldn't edit them.

Thanks for this.

Is this the right time to tell you I've never used CK before? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 9:08 AM, freddycheeba said:

i think if you create an empty esp with the required filename, xedit should let you open it and see what the problem is

The downloads files contain the Bruma Patch, and Yes, you need Beyond Syrim: Bruma, I neglected to add that as a required mod. my apologies.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Aizen525 said:

The real question is why do we need the Beyond Skyrim mod?

I just wanted to install this on a test character to see if I liked the mod or not, I didn't realize I was going to have to install an entire new landmass/quest mod to use the thing.

Because it uses that worldspace.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 11:17 AM, CT99 said:

For some reason the newest version is says it's missing the bsassets.esm and the bsheartland.esm, does this version need Bruma installed to work?

Yes, it's listed in the requirements. You also need to disable borders in your ini file

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2019 at 12:41 AM, JamesParker said:

The file has issues with circular references. I can't load it in SSE edit or sort my load order with Loot while this mod is installed.

Having the same issue here.  Install with Vortex, attempt to deploy, and it throws a circular error (it literally says that the komotor esp is dependent on the SorlisBalarnTreasure esp, which is in turn dependent on the same komotor esp that is dependent on it)

As this dependency is internal, the mod is uninstallable for Vortex users

8 hours ago, Thndrwlkr said:

Having the same issue here.  Install with Vortex, attempt to deploy, and it throws a circular error (it literally says that the komotor esp is dependent on the SorlisBalarnTreasure esp, which is in turn dependent on the same komotor esp that is dependent on it)

As this dependency is internal, the mod is uninstallable for Vortex users

That's why I don;t use Votrex, it finds circular errors where there are none. MO2 just works.

13 hours ago, nomkaz said:

That's why I don;t use Votrex, it finds circular errors where there are none. MO2 just works.

Bold statement, considering this is the first time I have ever had an issue with a mod using Vortex.  In this case, the mod was written to depend on the Komotor animations esp, which were in turn written in as dependent on the other esp.  Using old mod organizers which require additional programs to sort order or ones that make you pick the overwrites manually one by one, this isn't an issue, but when automatic rules are applied, it makes the mod chase its own tail. 

This is NOT just 'some vortex error'.  This error was written in.  The fact that Vortex caught it doesn't mean Vortex is bad, as I have never had one single problem with ANY mod until this one (unlike MO2, which CTD's about every ten minutes on EXACTLY the same setup I have running right now), but it does mean this is an error that MO2 isn't sophisticated enough to pick up.

The mod has two esp's which are written to depend on one another with NO clear rules or structures defining which is the master...THAT is the error 'where there was none'.

Again...the mod is unplayable to Vortex users, and as this is the FIRST mod I have Ever found that does this (I am running close to 500 on Vortex right now), I am going on with author error.

21 hours ago, Thndrwlkr said:

Bold statement, considering this is the first time I have ever had an issue with a mod using Vortex.  In this case, the mod was written to depend on the Komotor animations esp, which were in turn written in as dependent on the other esp.  Using old mod organizers which require additional programs to sort order or ones that make you pick the overwrites manually one by one, this isn't an issue, but when automatic rules are applied, it makes the mod chase its own tail. 

This is NOT just 'some vortex error'.  This error was written in.  The fact that Vortex caught it doesn't mean Vortex is bad, as I have never had one single problem with ANY mod until this one (unlike MO2, which CTD's about every ten minutes on EXACTLY the same setup I have running right now), but it does mean this is an error that MO2 isn't sophisticated enough to pick up.

The mod has two esp's which are written to depend on one another with NO clear rules or structures defining which is the master...THAT is the error 'where there was none'.

Again...the mod is unplayable to Vortex users, and as this is the FIRST mod I have Ever found that does this (I am running close to 500 on Vortex right now), I am going on with author error.

I simply made a factual statement. I'm running over 1,000 mods with MO2 without crashes. I don't use vortex, and only convert mods. I'm not sure what you expect me to do about your Vortex issues. If the author fixes this issue, I will 100% forward it in the conversion, but until then, there's nothing I can do about it, so you're barking up the wrong tree.  As my signature says: "I can't make mods, so I convert them so you can use them." It's 100% not a conversion issue, but if they both use the other as a Master, I'd tell the mod author, so they can fix it.

1 hour ago, nomkaz said:

I simply made a factual statement. I'm running over 1,000 mods with MO2 without crashes. I don't use vortex, and only convert mods. I'm not sure what you expect me to do about your Vortex issues. If the author fixes this issue, I will 100% forward it in the conversion, but until then, there's nothing I can do about it, so you're barking up the wrong tree.  As my signature says: "I can't make mods, so I convert them so you can use them." It's 100% not a conversion issue, but if they both use the other as a Master, I'd tell the mod author, so they can fix it.

Not barking up any tree, actually, very sorry if it sounded that way,  and, I will repeat this until I am blue in the face, it isn't a Vortex issue...I have magnitude less issues with Vortex than I ever did with MO2, and both of them wipe their butts with NMM.  I converted the mod for myself, and I get the same circular error, and when I saw this thread, I came in to see if anyone else had the issue (did not know you had converted this one already).

It is, without a single doubt, 100% NOT a conversion issue (have actually had zero issues with any mod you have converted, and have never seen that particular error generated in any mod I or anyone else have converted).  This error is out of the box, within the mod itself, so to speak.  The author tried to combine two different entities (komotor and SBT) and simply made each one dependent on the other in lieu of making komotor a standalone installation in the fomod.

Hopefully, the author can fix it.

On 1/23/2020 at 6:31 AM, Thndrwlkr said:

Not barking up any tree, actually, very sorry if it sounded that way,  and, I will repeat this until I am blue in the face, it isn't a Vortex issue...I have magnitude less issues with Vortex than I ever did with MO2, and both of them wipe their butts with NMM.  I converted the mod for myself, and I get the same circular error, and when I saw this thread, I came in to see if anyone else had the issue (did not know you had converted this one already).

It is, without a single doubt, 100% NOT a conversion issue (have actually had zero issues with any mod you have converted, and have never seen that particular error generated in any mod I or anyone else have converted).  This error is out of the box, within the mod itself, so to speak.  The author tried to combine two different entities (komotor and SBT) and simply made each one dependent on the other in lieu of making komotor a standalone installation in the fomod.

Hopefully, the author can fix it.

I was being snippy because this problem happened with EVERY SINGLE mod every time I tried Vortex. Vortex just has so many problems that Mod Organizer 2 doesn't have. Initializing...

Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing...

JUST LOAD THE FUCKING MODS ALREADY!!!   lol

If the author doesn't get to it, I'll have to build a new text load order to try to fix it, because right now, I finally have a stable LO and have actually for the first time beaten Miraak, and really don't want to fuck that up ?   But I'll see what I can do.

17 minutes ago, nomkaz said:

I was being snippy because this problem happened with EVERY SINGLE mod every time I tried Vortex. Vortex just has so many problems that Mod Organizer 2 doesn't have. Initializing...

Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing... Initializing...

JUST LOAD THE FUCKING MODS ALREADY!!!   lol

If the author doesn't get to it, I'll have to build a new text load order to try to fix it, because right now, I finally have a stable LO and have actually for the first time beaten Miraak, and really don't want to fuck that up ?   But I'll see what I can do.

I remember that. ?  That was only about three or four revs past, actually.  Once you hit 200 mods or so, you could go make a sandwich while you waited for the damn thing to load up.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that SorlisBalarnBSBrumapatch.esp uses SorlisBalarnTreasure.esp as a master.... 

but also  SorlisBalarnTreasure.esp uses SorlisBalarnBSBrumapatch.esp as a master... 

It's a chicken and egg situation.

You just need to reconvert the main file to form 44 from oldrim.  Should work fine if everything else was converted correctly.

On 2/4/2020 at 3:08 AM, Lodakai said:

The problem is that SorlisBalarnBSBrumapatch.esp uses SorlisBalarnTreasure.esp as a master.... 

but also  SorlisBalarnTreasure.esp uses SorlisBalarnBSBrumapatch.esp as a master... 

It's a chicken and egg situation.

You just need to reconvert the main file to form 44 from oldrim.  Should work fine if everything else was converted correctly.

I uploaded edited and fixed versions of the .esps on post 22: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 9:24 PM, ravensm said:

is this normal?

fnis error:

Reading KomAnimSBT
>>Warning: Inconsistent mod KomAnimSBT. Number of animations differs between FNIS List (43) and corresponding behavior file (295)<<
 V1.0 ...     ChAnims:43     CTD:0.3%     pOpt:0.0%

That can be ignored, a lot of animation mods have spaces for additional animations that the author plans on adding in the future. It can be ignored.

On 2/25/2020 at 12:26 PM, meheheheh said:

idk why but julia doesnt want to come true the door with me...?

edit: nvm that solves itself later.... but i do have problems with the machines

it says that it cant add a actor

She teleports to the new added part of the dungeon and waits for you there. I'm not sure why the author chose to do it that way instead of flagging her "Essential"

On 3/12/2020 at 11:56 AM, SafyreStorme said:

As with two other posters, instant CTD for me upon loading my save. Had to disable the mod & its patch. 

Is this the Vortex issue people are talking about? I didn't get any complaints from it or from running Loot when I installed them.  

I thought I uploaded a fixed version to prevent that. Double check that you have the latest version. I'm trying to figure out why my freezes and crashes anytime I load the game so I can't test for myself as for some reason it makes CK and SSEEdit crash on load as well. Something is VERY borked with my system