[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

Flashy since your mod made companion abduction possible was wondering if your will be adding in the future version some scenario where settlers or other npc could be abducted and you will be notified to rescue them kind of like the minuteman but now with your abduction options ??

40 minutes ago, starofbio1984 said:

Amazing mod BTW. I am really enjoying it. Have you considered adding a feature to being be able to recruit the people that surrendered to your settlements ?

Doing that is a mod unto itself, that requires cloning the NPC onto a workshop NPC type with attached scripts - not as easy as it sounds. Honestly, it takes a whole mod just to do it.

That said, you can add Just Business into the mix. This is why you can access the surrendered enemies inventory, for use with such external mods. You simply open their inventory and give them a slave collar, equip it, and boom! That mod turns them into a workshop NPC that you can send to a settlement and assign to jobs.

And thanks! Glad you're enjoying it!

Just Business

22 hours ago, Sulphur.999 said:

Whispers: BROTHELS!

(Hey Flashy! ?)

Dunno if you ever got the chance to try the RSE Elements build of Brothels - it is quite literally the finest iteration of Brothels and Prostitution I ever made.

If you never did, you can snag it here. Look in the download list for RSE Elements Vol.4. :)

I tried CSA a lot on Sunday and I have nothing to add. Superb work.

I didn't try with a companion, maybe later.

This time my character was kidnapped by the Gunners. What little love Bethesda has for the Gunners compared to the Raiders. They only have 3 sentences. ("Gunners!", "You should have stayed in bed, miss." And "We're going to fuck you right, you know?") Your mod has given them more life. I don't know if it's part of your script, but there was a Gunner who just wanted to beat Nora. Only beatings. I was wondering if maybe the Gunner I killed was his brother XD Every time he approached, the son of a bitch put me with minimal life "because he likes to do it". And then he gave me food so that I would not die yet. I had to go elsewhere to find a more "nice" Gunner xD

As Raider Pet focuses on the Raiders, there was no interferece during the kidnapping with the Gunners. Therefore, CSA feels like a light version of Raider Pet. It's a kind of "Gunner Pet" and I love it.

Nora has become submissive, the mod warned me. But I still could not test the option to ask for sex, water and food. I will try today. She is addicted to jet and psycho, pregnant, handcuffed and to top it off I broke the bobby pin, so I will have to find a way out of there. I tried to escape twice and the turrets killed her.

10/10.

Ah, Nora has many debuffs because of her new addictions. If you like the idea, she could also beg for drugs in exchange for sex.

3 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Dunno if you ever got the chance to try the RSE Elements build of Brothels - it is quite literally the finest iteration of Brothels and Prostitution I ever made.

If you never did, you can snag it here. Look in the download list for RSE Elements Vol.4. :)

I did. I tried all the Elements out. I have a weird bug with those. Totally my load order I'm sure. I was running so many scripted mods that I'd get random crashes. Somehow, if any of the Elements mods were loaded I'd not only crash, but I'd lose the ability to save. I'd CTD on any type of save. Not only that, but it would break PREVIOUS saves the same way. So I'd have to fall back 3-4 saves to find one that I could save to. Weirdest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Only with RSE Elements. 

I've dropped some of the heavy hitters, like Sim Settlements and I haven't had any similar issues with RSE II. In fact it works pretty well. 

Anyway, Brothels was always my favorite. I'll be over here greedily scrubbing my hands until such time as you deem it necessary.

?

Spoiler
15 hours ago, Sulphur.999 said:

I did. I tried all the Elements out. I have a weird bug with those. Totally my load order I'm sure. I was running so many scripted mods that I'd get random crashes. Somehow, if any of the Elements mods were loaded I'd not only crash, but I'd lose the ability to save. I'd CTD on any type of save. Not only that, but it would break PREVIOUS saves the same way. So I'd have to fall back 3-4 saves to find one that I could save to. Weirdest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Only with RSE Elements. 

I've dropped some of the heavy hitters, like Sim Settlements and I haven't had any similar issues with RSE II. In fact it works pretty well. 

Anyway, Brothels was always my favorite. I'll be over here greedily scrubbing my hands until such time as you deem it necessary.

?

Keep in mind that every RSE Elements had their own requirements that are no longer posted.  I can tell you that at one point Knockout Framework was required for some mod from the LL and is no longer required for anything as far as I can tell.. I no longer remember which mod required it.  No idea.  

5 hours ago, GoldenRain said:
  Hide contents

Keep in mind that every RSE Elements had their own requirements that are no longer posted.  I can tell you that at one point Knockout Framework was required for some mod from the LL and is no longer required for anything as far as I can tell.. I no longer remember which mod required it.  No idea.  

IIRC Knockout was used by CSA. But that's a good point. I didn't even consider all the old "required by" of RSE while playing with Elements. ROGVIR dd handler (or something like that) was one also. Unfortunately it didn't seem to matter to my loadout/machine. If ANY of elements (and I only really like Advanced Needs and Brothels, Shenanigans until Flashy recently scared me of it) was loaded, sooner or later, I'd get the crash of death. Even with ONLY brothels loaded. It may take 1 level, or 20, but sooner or later, BAM! Roll back several hours. Annoying at least.

It is a good idea to consider your loadout for script heavy mods. The random CTD weren't from RSE Elements. It was because the script "level" (not smart enough to know or remember what to call it) was breached. The space reserved ran out and the game crashes. (There's some decent essay's on the subject running around the Sim Settlements forums on Nexus and their web site.) I weeded out some of those and I only have the regular bugthesda random crashes now, and it never affects my saves. The main culprit (IMO) was Sim Settlements, man that thing is a hog. Nice, but a script memory hog! In addition to RSE I use AFT and Just Business, a couple of big quest mods, etc. And I like them better, easy decision. (Tho I did like Sim Settlements, not gonna lie.)

This iteration of RSE has caused none of that, and the only bugs I've experienced so far have been well reported. I'm not a big fan of CSA as I'm not a big fan of being raped or raping people, but it does throw in a level of "FUCK!" when you lose a fight that isn't there normally, not to mention worrying about abductions, so I use it, but don't have a lot to report on that. Advanced Needs seems to be purring, at least for me. I really just wanted to rustle Joe's jimmy's about brothels. Easily my favorite part of RSE, and the only REALLY working brothel system in the game. (IMO)

Sers.

Reading the past few post's i've decided to delete Sim Settlements as well.

I'll do a clean install (once more) and plan to switch over to ZEX skeleton, body talk and Fusion girl.

Now the question is, are those compatible with Devious Devices and CSA? Or does that only work with CBBE?

Thanks and Cheers.

If you have a mod that runs a script (and face it, a lot of them do) that's not a big deal as I understand it. It loads, does it's thing and goes away. It's the constantly running scripts, like with SS that have to pay attention and change things, that are the issue. And that's assuming I understand it, which is questionable.

I would build up Sanctuary and RR using sim settlements and then run brothels in Sanctuary. SS runs a background script to check for unemployed settlers and unmanned jobs so it can auto-assign. (There's a fuck ton more that run too doing all kinds of stuff.) Then brothels is checking every two minutes for customers and may run a sequence through AAF. Add in JB checking for runaway slaves every few minutes . . . and well, traveling anywhere near RR (My usual home base) generally ended with me looking at my windows background suddenly and unexpectedly way more often than I felt was necessary.

It vexed me so I looked into it and even Kinggath (sp?) calls RR, Sanctuary, Abernathy Farm the "triangle of death." There are some good articles with good advice on the Sim Settlements Nexus page and on it's own web site that are worth the read, even if you do drop SS from your loadout, like I did. I've got a right stable game going the last few play through now, so it's worth the investigation imo. 

3 hours ago, ajrimmer said:

I'm going to drop Sim Settlements too I think, it sounds fun but it creates a lot of uncertainty as to what it's doing, and stability is more fun than ctd's.

I'd rather play RSE than it anyway.

This. I love SIM Settlements but it is apparently a resource hog. I prefer to use RSE, Endless Warfare, NPC's Travel and just play truly as a Lone Wanderer. Game is rock solid, rare CTDs and in my opinion just much more fun. I have even unloaded all non vanilla companions for now. I dont recruit vanilla companions. I do populate one settlement with captures from Abduction and use it as a brothel (RSE). with all the added mobs I have in the game, the real challenge anymore is just leaving the base and trying to get somewhere. Not for everyone, but I like it.

On 7/11/2019 at 3:21 AM, Flashy (JoeR) said:
  • Now if you become subservient, your captors stop coming to you for sex and you must go to them.
  • Fail to do so, and you start to suffer crippling pain - periodic health damage and leg crippling effects.
  • Even though you are subservient, you still have free movement range limitations and exceeding them ends abduction, as before.
  • Once you engage with any of your captors, you will have four choices.
    • Have sex. Obvious.
    • Beg for food. You can only do this once every four game hours.
    • Beg for water. You can only do this once every four game hours.
    • Beg for freedom. You can only do this once every four game hours. Requires CHR of 7+ to see this option.
    • If you pass the HARD speech check for freedom, you will be asked if you want to give up on your gear or not.
    • If you dont, you stay in abducted state.
    • If you want your freedom bad enough to not claim your stolen items, you get a 15 second head start before the abduction closes down.
    • Begging for food and water is in there because you now dont receive sustenance from "visitors" anymore, since you no longer get "visitors".

It isn't working for me. Don't know if I'm the only one. I'm trying to escape through the dialogues and with enough charisma.

Let's see. My character only has an answer to the demands of the captors, which is correct since it is now subservient. The captors stop approaching her, which is correct, but no matter how many times she tries to talk to the captors, they only respond with generic phrases. I can't ask for food, water, sex or escape.

My character doesn't suffer from ailments either. I understand that by becoming submissive she will suffer from lack of sex. The debuff she has is only due to drug addiction and slight lack of food.

From my understanding it doesn't have to be simsettlement that could cause instability. i read a few months ago that their is a hardlock on scripted mods and more you have in your load order then that's where the trouble start allot of mods with AAF uses many scripts and if you have too many of them activated at the same time then that's what causes more issues in the long run. Also keep in mind settlement building in fallout 4 was never really stable to begin with, even in vanilla game there are many bugs that could occur.

Also building full settlement near Sanctuary is never wise especially if your gonna be building over your workshop limit. If you build full settlement in Sanctuary make sure Red Rocket and Abernathy never exceeds build limits or they will crash your game hard. This is why Bethesda made a build limit because they where never gonna fix their buggy game and if they did not include build limit their game would have been apparent that it would never work stable especially since it was suppose to work on consoles.

This is an Engine limitation not really mod problem.

9 hours ago, JBpy said:

It isn't working for me. Don't know if I'm the only one. I'm trying to escape through the dialogues and with enough charisma.

Let's see. My character only has an answer to the demands of the captors, which is correct since it is now subservient. The captors stop approaching her, which is correct, but no matter how many times she tries to talk to the captors, they only respond with generic phrases. I can't ask for food, water, sex or escape.

My character doesn't suffer from ailments either. I understand that by becoming submissive she will suffer from lack of sex. The debuff she has is only due to drug addiction and slight lack of food.

Working on things.

Before Subservience:

ScreenShot701.png.6fc19ca5a745605887af4594523f79e4.pngScreenShot703.png.a4b048d451e8833c84aca163fae10727.png

After Subservience:

ScreenShot704.png.fd1e9612d82586007565f38bc83f3827.pngScreenShot705.png.fbd759c0902475cab1c014a41db66c18.png

There was a scripting issue that has been corrected.

Looking at other minor things too, including the sex need debuff. More on that later.

As for the question posed about "DANCING" - this is the SetRestrained() working on the rapist - normal behavior - they are trying to walk away, but cant. Its either this or the rapist says he's going to rape you and then walks away from you and then you have to wait for AAF to make him walk back. Not so immersive.

As for the question of males with female voice - I simply cannot go over the technical reason why this is for the 1000th time, but it is a legit technical reason that EVERY mod author does to have ONE voice type on a refalias fill. Otherwise, you have 8000 audio files per spoken line of dialogue. Not so immerive, fine, I get it, but it is a technical limitation that I can absolutely live with. And thus, so does everyone else.

5 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

From my understanding it doesn't have to be simsettlement that could cause instability. i read a few months ago that their is a hardlock on scripted mods and more you have in your load order then that's where the trouble start allot of mods with AAF uses many scripts and if you have too many of them activated at the same time then that's what causes more issues in the long run. Also keep in mind settlement building in fallout 4 was never really stable to begin with, even in vanilla game there are many bugs that could occur.

Also building full settlement near Sanctuary is never wise especially if your gonna be building over your workshop limit. If you build full settlement in Sanctuary make sure Red Rocket and Abernathy never exceeds build limits or they will crash your game hard. This is why Bethesda made a build limit because they where never gonna fix their buggy game and if they did not include build limit their game would have been apparent that it would never work stable especially since it was suppose to work on consoles.

As @Sulphur.999 points out, script issues should only really be from perma-looping/constantly-active scripts, which was fairly common initially, as most mods relied on timers, which need to be checked and have an 'off' or they'll cause issues sooner or later, especially if removed.

The settlement thing is covered a bit on Sim Settlement's site, under Performance, if you wanna give people more info, too :)

Worked on Subservience Debuff.

ScreenShot707.png.e62a05bd58172343e7c9e2adabf250d9.pngScreenShot708.png.d455dc350e3d352954d5dbd1ca892849.png

Also found that sometimes, when in subservience and needing to talk to a captor, there were none within your movement range.

So created a method to call one of your captors to you, which can only be done while in your abduction site and pressing the CSA RESET KEY.

ScreenShot709.png.1834ff6987413f0ebc253a83bddd0f43.pngScreenShot710.png.c696d9f9bde0bce0b81cb9d3dae2d5d3.png

Work continues to refine things.

v2.4.7 is now available to download

This is a big quality of life and bug fix update, specifically related to player abductions. Worked all through the night on this one, to be sure everything was working. Tested each aspect multiple times with numerous tweaks along the way.

• Sexual Need debuff has been repaired and validated as functional.
  • You will be told when the debuff kicks in and when its periodic effects happen.
  • Adjusted screen fade on Drugging Event, to be better paced.
  • Added second punch sound for Multiple Beatings.
  • Added rapists to RSE II's Resources ESM cooldown timer, so you wont keep getting the same one over and over.
  • Changed the MoveTo target for player abduction to be the warning marker rather than the sit marker, to correct weird control issues.
  • Tweaked dialogue for rapist visits.
  • Fixed and validated talking to captors when you are subservient. There was an extra line of code, making the function not work.
  • Added the ability to call a captor to you, when subservient, by pressing the CSA RESET Hotkey (as a debug feature).
  • Added an extra captor at abduction site - comes with you, so there will always be ONE guard near you.
  • If you have gender preference in abductions enabled, this new guard will be appropriate to your chosen gender.

From where I am sitting, based on tests, this one is done... I can now recede into nothingness for a time.

12 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

The first paragraph is what I was talking about. I couldn't remember/think how to explain it. Thanks for that.

The only settlement I ever go over the building limit on is RR. With SS loaded I'd get crashes. Now I don't. I do use Transfer Settlements to load out sanctuary AND RR and I have NO crashes (so far, and it's been a while) even with the build limit extended on RR. Who knows. (Crosses fingers!)

Yes. It's an engine limitation, but if the mods you choose break that limitation, that's a problem. [shrug]

Tomato / Tomahto.

I ain't trying to tell anyone how to mod their game. Just sharing my experiences in case others are having the same kind of issues. If I wanted to play vanilla FO4 I wouldn't be here. :)

I really like sim settlements, just not as much as the other scripted mods I use and something had to give. I have no serious issues since I dropped SS is all I'm sayin'.

On 7/15/2019 at 9:02 AM, Sulphur.999 said:

?

<whispers> Have you not seen some of my MCM screenshots lately?

ScreenShot672.png