[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

1 hour ago, CobraPL said:

Yes, my Nora is only 6 lvl. Too bad this problem is not handled by mod. I mean it should be told straight.
Anyway, we were captured, "Piper had visitor" but he failed to come ;) Maybe he should have timeout and then teleport?

Asserting what a mod (or any piece of volunteer/community software) "should do" when you aren't the one who is going to implement the support is a bit disrespectful. This is @Flashy (JoeR)'s work which he's generously shared with the rest of us, and he's really the only one who can say definitively what it should or will do. I agree the error message is a bit opaque and there are probably alternative behaviors he could put there if he wants to, but that's his choice.

Though if the event which showed the refalias fill error also ended in your character and companion getting abducted and taken somewhere, that's not the error condition I was thinking of after all.

1 minute ago, vaultbait said:

Though if the event which showed the refalias fill error also ended in your character and companion getting abducted and taken somewhere, that's not the error condition I was thinking of after all.

refalias caused NOT to be abducted at all.

Anyway, after few other tests I had following problems:
- 2-3 times someone tried to visit Piper. It never happened. Did any confirmed that "visiting" companion works?
- when my Nora is visited by enemy, after he ended talking, AAF reported gathering. He was just near Nora, but started to "dance" for 5-10sec. Then animation started anyway (despite he hadn't closed to Nora).
- After 7-10 abduction tries, only for 0-1 times there was second captor visit. I use latest version.

1 hour ago, CobraPL said:

refalias caused NOT to be abducted at all.

Okay, this is the known behavior I was thinking of in that case, yes. It's been discussed here already.

Anyway, after few other tests I had following problems:
- 2-3 times someone tried to visit Piper. It never happened. Did any confirmed that "visiting" companion works?
- when my Nora is visited by enemy, after he ended talking, AAF reported gathering. He was just near Nora, but started to "dance" for 5-10sec. Then animation started anyway (despite he hadn't closed to Nora).
- After 7-10 abduction tries, only for 0-1 times there was second captor visit. I use latest version.

These sound like what @Flashy (JoeR) and @Plaguetard were troubleshooting yesterday and are saying was fixed in 2.4.5. I experienced the same problem consistently too, but before it came up yesterday I thought it might be a mod conflict only I was running into and I hadn't had time to dig into it to rule that out yet (and I haven't tried 2.4.5 yet to see if that solves it for me, but hope to load it up soon and find out).

I also experience the bug with only one visit after an abduction. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of visitation it is (drugs, beating or rape), every time I try out the abduction event it stops after the first visitation. Doesn't matter if it's raiders or super mutants.

There is just one visit, and then I get a sleeping bag after a while, but then nothing else happens (regardless of whether I use the sleeping bag or not). Everything that is not abduction related in the mod seems to work just fine. I'm using the newest version 2.4.5 just so you know.

I thought that I must have some incompatible mod that causes this, but I have tried to disable lots of mods and changed the load order of the plugins. I have tried to start a completely new game, but the bug persists. I know what I'm doing when I'm installing mods, I use mod organizer and always make sure that the older version of the mods I update are removed with no files left over.

I have not yet tried to uninstall all other mods except RSE and it's requirements and start a new game and see if that resolves the problem. I'll try that when I have the time.

I was also wondering if it is possible to make the remaining enemies play animations when the player has surrendered and is being assaulted by an aggressor. The other enemies could cheer on the aggressor or masturbate or something.

I also wondered why the abductors give the player rags to wear, it would be nice to have an option in the MCM to just have the abductors leave the player naked. Or maybe the rags could be a reward for compliant behavior?

Thanks for making this cool mod!

29 minutes ago, TheStranger said:

I was also wondering if it is possible to make the remaining enemies play animations when the player has surrendered and is being assaulted by an aggressor. The other enemies could cheer on the aggressor or masturbate or something.

Raider Pet does basically this during the gangbang scene for the latter part of the Gone Dancing sidequest. Any extra raiders not participating in rapey time action stand around watching and cheering their comrades on.

29 minutes ago, TheStranger said:

I also wondered why the abductors give the player rags to wear, it would be nice to have an option in the MCM to just have the abductors leave the player naked. Or maybe the rags could be a reward for compliant behavior?

I'm using Lazman's Female Outfit Replacer (and the separate corresponding Fusion Girl Sliders patch for it), so the tattered rags are essentially a bikini bottom, a rope around the waist, and high-heeled pumps... pretty close to nothing. I still usually just chuck them in a corner somewhere though because I agree a sex slave captive makes more sense stark nakers.

23 minutes ago, CobraPL said:

Guys, no-one here mentioned companion co-abduction. Did you ever managed her to be violated during abduction? Since I saw info that Piper has visitor and nothing happened. And how about your game?

I haven't tested with companions yet, but whatever is causing some of us to only get one initial visitation is possibly at play there too (and Piper got your one visitation for that abduction).

20 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I haven't tested with companions yet, but whatever is causing some of us to only get one initial visitation is possibly at play there too (and Piper got your one visitation for that abduction).

No, for Nora visitor actually comes... sometimes. And "does his job". For Piper, he is announced, but never comes.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Okay, this is the known behavior I was thinking of in that case, yes. It's been discussed here already.

These sound like what @Flashy (JoeR) and @Plaguetard were troubleshooting yesterday and are saying was fixed in 2.4.5. I experienced the same problem consistently too, but before it came up yesterday I thought it might be a mod conflict only I was running into and I hadn't had time to dig into it to rule that out yet (and I haven't tried 2.4.5 yet to see if that solves it for me, but hope to load it up soon and find out).

I got rid of RaiderPet during this recent play through also. I felt that mod was overlapping this mod entirely too much.

30 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

You know when you have a big line of text that you need to put it in like 50 different places, how you copy / paste it everywhere?

Imagine if that line of text you copied had a character missing in it and you didn't realize it because you weren't paying attention or were possibly too tired.

StartTimerGameTime(RSEII_Abduction_Interval.GetValue(),0)

That is the line. Copied so many times into the mod, for redundancy, to ensure the timers were being reset for visitation.

Problem is, its missing a character. It should be:

StartTimerGameTime(RSEII_Abduction_Interval.GetValue(),20)

So yeah... the timer was starting fine, but it wasn't the right timer. Visitations are timer 20, not 0. So when 0 restarted, nothing would happen, because there is NO timer zero code to execute. Timer 20 on the other hand is where ALL of the code is handling visitations.

Suffice it to say, I have fixed it on my end.

Everyone can STOP whinging about it now. ?

v2.4.6 is now available

• Corrects typo on timer resets for abduction visitations.
  • Adds a toggle to the MCM to force the player to enter captivity naked.
24 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

v2.4.6 is now available

So awesome, thanks!!! I can't wait to fire this back up again.

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

v2.4.6 is now available

Thanks dude! Those sneaky typos...

Edit:

Just wanted to let you know that I've tested the updated version, and it works beautifully! :)

1 hour ago, TheStranger said:

Thanks dude! Those sneaky typos...

Edit:

Just wanted to let you know that I've tested the updated version, and it works beautifully! :)

Was just coming to see if there was feedback on it. Good to know! Thanks! Enjoy your naked abductions! :)

1 hour ago, Kakabishan said:

I'm not sure if its the right place to ask here, but will random stalkers ever make a return? I loved that part of AAF and always got me to be alert and be on my toes!

Possibly.

Right now, I just want to be sure everyone is satisfied with this mod, that there aren't break points. And then... then I think I will take a break to recoup before tackling the next project, whichever one that ends up being.

1 hour ago, Kakabishan said:

I'm not sure if its the right place to ask here, but will random stalkers ever make a return? I loved that part of AAF and always got me to be alert and be on my toes!

If my memory serve me right, Flashy said he is going to rework, refine RSE to RSE II, so i assume ALL of the RSE part is working on it, and it take times.

2 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Possibly.

Right now, I just want to be sure everyone is satisfied with this mod, that there aren't break points. And then... then I think I will take a break to recoup before tackling the next project, whichever one that ends up being.

((maybe a fine tooth comb over for Advanced Needs … then FAP... Karma... lol))

And for you @Flashy (JoeR) as I get ready to head out of the vault - and how I can come close to making it somewhat a fair chance against the Overhauls (Raiders/SM/Synths/Chosen Of Atom) - those sneaky Nightskins (on a lone Saturday night) - an exercise of battle awareness and tactics with the best immersion consequences of failure... thanks for the vision and those thoughts and hard work in fruition, brother.

A beer and a salute to you!

ScreenShot39.png.4d756f33e8ea395a3d34cb3855144524.pngScreenShot40.png.cce1d2f4d2370caebae6be2637d408ba.png

30 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

((maybe a fine tooth comb over for Advanced Needs … then FAP... Karma... lol))

And for you @Flashy (JoeR) as I get ready to head out of the vault - and how I can come close to making it somewhat a fair chance against the Overhauls (Raiders/SM/Synths/Chosen Of Atom) - those sneaky Nightskins (on a lone Saturday night) - an exercise of battle awareness and tactics with the best immersion consequences of failure... thanks for the vision and those thoughts and hard work in fruition, brother.

A beer and a salute to you!

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot39.png.4d756f33e8ea395a3d34cb3855144524.pngScreenShot40.png.cce1d2f4d2370caebae6be2637d408ba.png

Oh, and the combat stalkers... snipers if commonwealth... FO4 Travellers maxed out...  (with Pack Attack) ... and the latest enemy added... those fucking squirrels... :) the non-docile ones. Lol.

v2.4.6 auto surrender seems to work for me. the first time i try, it was stuck at the beginning of 3rd animation. But later try doesn't have the same issue. i try it near CIT ruin, close to Greentech building, a bandit camp. in some animation, bandit sometime stands up with a gun and back to position, i guess this is the animation issue, maybe animation gap? This time companions i have with me is Ada(robot) and Dogmeat, the seems to be stay put. not like the old version piper start shooting everyone when animation just ends the first time.

I got a suggestion if you think that is good too, maybe when you surrender or defeated with companions, enemy can work on both Nora and companion at the same time.

8 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

v2.4.6 is now available

Remaining problem:
1. POSITION: GATHERING animation broken ("dancing")
2. Companion visitation broken (there is info that Piper has visitor, but nothing happens next)
3. Male captors have female voices ;)
4. Be sure that all abduction stages have teleport/timeout workaround. So no captor is stuck on ladder.

8 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Possibly.

Whispers: BROTHELS!

(Hey Flashy! ?)