[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

10 minutes ago, Schranza21 said:

Hello

Version 2.4.4 Combat Surrender works 100% without any changes in my mods from yesterday

the only thing that does not work with Combat Surrender is the interaction with Real Handcuffs and Devious Devices
both are switched on and stand at 60% for 3 attempts nothing was triggered

will try later with 100% but so far that is the stand

Abductions I've done 2 times works too
the only thing is that I can free myself too fast

Thanks for the great mod even if I have not understood all the functions and how they work

Oh good! Glad everything got to working for you!

58 minutes ago, Nohrin said:

I'm not sure if this has been requested (I did search through the thread with the search term "low health") but I would really like the option to change the percentage of how often your character will surrender via the Low Health Auto Surrender feature. I'm not sure what the percentage is, but I have been brought below the default 30% health margin twice in a row now, with no surrender scene which led to my death. Just the option to change it would be very helpful. Also want to give my thanks for this mod. Really enjoying it so far with the amount of customization I can do.

Script lag or it is possible to be one shot killed by enemy. This mod or others dont react fast enough to catch you before you die.

This isnt a death alternative mod.  You could make your player essential so you dont die but flashy would have to answer if that hurts or affects this mod.

Just from my observations in playing.

John

1 hour ago, Schranza21 said:

Hello

Version 2.4.4 Combat Surrender works 100% without any changes in my mods from yesterday

the only thing that does not work with Combat Surrender is the interaction with Real Handcuffs and Devious Devices
both are switched on and stand at 60% for 3 attempts nothing was triggered

will try later with 100% but so far that is the stand

Abductions I've done 2 times works too
the only thing is that I can free myself too fast

Thanks for the great mod even if I have not understood all the functions and how they work

I just tried and it works. Enable restraints. Enable Real Handcuffs integration. And then adjust the percentage (which I have in 100%)

So with this recent version the surrender works fine, the abduction part happens, but I don't seem to get a visit every X amount of hours. I tried putting it at 2, then at 1... I do have a wait anywhere mod, so I've tried using that, but ultimately they visit, just not consistently.

Also, I don't seem to ever get food or water from abductors. They do drop the bed, although again intermittently, but have yet to give any food or water after 24 hours. Any thoughts on why the visitations don't seem to happen consistently?

33 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

So with this recent version the surrender works fine, the abduction part happens, but I don't seem to get a visit every X amount of hours. I tried putting it at 2, then at 1... I do have a wait anywhere mod, so I've tried using that, but ultimately they visit, just not consistently.

Also, I don't seem to ever get food or water from abductors. They do drop the bed, although again intermittently, but have yet to give any food or water after 24 hours. Any thoughts on why the visitations don't seem to happen consistently?

Visitation has conditions on the reference alias fill for the rapists, so if those conditions aren't met, the timer just restarts and you obviously don't get a visitor because the quest that houses them fails to start due to the conditions on the alias not being met.

Food and water only gets given to you if you have Behavior Modification turned on and it will only happen after you are raped, as part of the post-animation process. Base chance of getting food or drink items after being raped is 33%. Depending on whether or not you are defiant or subservient, that chance value changes. Defiance lowers it to 10%, whereas being subservient increases it to 66%. Feeding and watering you is not high on their list of priorities, apparently, per the random dice roll that is happening.

Note: If you are subservient 3 times during visitation dialogue, you stop getting visitors and have to go talk to any of your captors in order to get food and water and also to remove the chances of getting a "sex-need" debuff. In fact, if you get that debuff, fucking one of your captors is the only way to get rid of it.

The bed being given is only every 12 hours and that timer only starts once you actually use the sleeping bag and wake up in it after sleeping 3 hours. Again, they don't care about your well being. You are nothing more than a fuck toy to abuse after all.

All of this said, I will still go over ALL of the timers to ensure there are no misfires happening anywhere, as well as looking again at the reference alias fill for the rapists to ensure they have the best chance of finding one for your RSVP'd visits.

3 hours ago, Nohrin said:

I'm not sure if this has been requested (I did search through the thread with the search term "low health") but I would really like the option to change the percentage of how often your character will surrender via the Low Health Auto Surrender feature. I'm not sure what the percentage is, but I have been brought below the default 30% health margin twice in a row now, with no surrender scene which led to my death. Just the option to change it would be very helpful. Also want to give my thanks for this mod. Really enjoying it so far with the amount of customization I can do.

As was mentioned in MrCruelJohn's reply, this mod isn't a death alternative, so sometimes, you will be shot and killed outright and the mod won't prevent that from happening. But if you look on the MCM, the "Player Auto-Surrender Health Threshold" setting is where you modify the threshold at which you will auto-surrender, the default of which is 50% of your health. But at 30%, especially if you are low enough of a leveled character, sometimes some weapons will do 30%+ damage. This death thing is especially true if you happen to be using any mod that happens to alter incoming weapons damage, like survival mode or my Advanced Needs mod.

10 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

As was mentioned in MrCruelJohn's reply, this mod isn't a death alternative, so sometimes, you will be shot and killed outright and the mod won't prevent that from happening. But if you look on the MCM, the "Player Auto-Surrender Health Threshold" setting is where you modify the threshold at which you will auto-surrender, the default of which is 50% of your health. But at 30%, especially if you are low enough of a leveled character, sometimes some weapons will do 30%+ damage. This death thing is especially true if you happen to be using any mod that happens to alter incoming weapons damage, like survival mode or my Advanced Needs mod.

And especially if you use any overhaul such as Raider, Supermutants, synth, or child of Atom.

If which you do, you will die.  Full stop.  The vanilla weapons are useless against these enemies unless you bash them for leveled lists.  And their health pool is huge.

Or if you have any special weapons that are OP but added to the level lists... ha, you will die.

Or if you have Pack Attack, you can be sniped across the map, and in one shot, you can die.

Dont worry, you will either be better tactically. 

Or you will die.

Have a good evening!

John

1 hour ago, Plaguetard said:

I'm having the same situation. Yesterday I thought maybe it could be Raider Pet. I even started a game without Raider Pet, but my captor keeps coming only once, no matter how amount of hours is configured.

52 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Visitation has conditions on the reference alias fill for the rapists, so if those conditions aren't met, the timer just restarts and you obviously don't get a visitor because the quest that houses them fails to start due to the conditions on the alias not being met.

Food and water only gets given to you if you have Behavior Modification turned on and it will only happen after you are raped, as part of the post-animation process. Base chance of getting food or drink items after being raped is 33%. Depending on whether or not you are defiant or subservient, that chance value changes. Defiance lowers it to 10%, whereas being subservient increases it to 66%. Feeding and watering you is not high on their list of priorities, apparently, per the random dice roll that is happening.

Note: If you are subservient 3 times during visitation dialogue, you stop getting visitors and have to go talk to any of your captors in order to get food and water and also to remove the chances of getting a "sex-need" debuff. In fact, if you get that debuff, fucking one of your captors is the only way to get rid of it.

The bed being given is only every 12 hours and that timer only starts once you actually use the sleeping bag and wake up in it after sleeping 3 hours. Again, they don't care about your well being. You are nothing more than a fuck toy to abuse after all.

All of this said, I will still go over ALL of the timers to ensure there are no misfires happening anywhere, as well as looking again at the reference alias fill for the rapists to ensure they have the best chance of finding one for your RSVP'd visits.

That makes sense with the food and water and why I'm not seeing it. The bed part I felt was working fine.

So, if I started abduction, and there are 3 male raiders around me, do you know what might be missing on the visitation timer? I will try some more testing and see if I can figure out why the rape/beating isn't happening.

Thanks for the response.

43 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

RSEII_PlayerAbductionScript.pex 56.13 kB · 0 downloads

Put that in your DATA\SCRIPTS\RSEII_CSA folder and let it overwrite the existing file. I went over all of the timer checks and added in multiple layers of redundancy, hoping to find a hole that maybe just wasn't visible to my eye previously. Also ensured the food and water thing was coded properly, which it is.

Anyways, put that in place and try out another abduction and let me know how it goes. No need to reset the mod or anything - this is not an active script until an actual abduction starts and as such, won't be in your save file as an active script.

I shall try it now and test it and let you know. Waiting for a mod before I start yet another new game anyways, so I have time to kill.

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

RSEII_PlayerAbductionScript.pex 56.13 kB · 2 downloads

Put that in your DATA\SCRIPTS\RSEII_CSA folder and let it overwrite the existing file. I went over all of the timer checks and added in multiple layers of redundancy, hoping to find a hole that maybe just wasn't visible to my eye previously. Also ensured the food and water thing was coded properly, which it is.

Anyways, put that in place and try out another abduction and let me know how it goes. No need to reset the mod or anything - this is not an active script until an actual abduction starts and as such, won't be in your save file as an active script.

Fixed it for me. I had them trigger every 2 hours as they were designed. Thanks!

Ok, so one last small request whenever you get to it. Not a big deal at all, so no rush.

When my person auto surrenders, which I have at 20% health... occasionally the life drains out and I die while waiting for animation or mid animation. Obviously, I mean, I guess it is somewhat real that my character is bleeding out mid assault, buuuut, it would be nice if the surrender triggered, that it would stop my PC from dying during the surrender. I'd take 1hp left and cripple or whatever else, but dying is like... oh damn, I didn't have enough life left to surrender.

Again, it is not game breaking at all, and you've been doing a ton of work, just thought I'd ask about it.

10 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

Ok, so one last small request whenever you get to it. Not a big deal at all, so no rush.

When my person auto surrenders, which I have at 20% health... occasionally the life drains out and I die while waiting for animation or mid animation. Obviously, I mean, I guess it is somewhat real that my character is bleeding out mid assault, buuuut, it would be nice if the surrender triggered, that it would stop my PC from dying during the surrender. I'd take 1hp left and cripple or whatever else, but dying is like... oh damn, I didn't have enough life left to surrender.

Again, it is not game breaking at all, and you've been doing a ton of work, just thought I'd ask about it.

The minute you press the hotkey, you go into godmode.

Event OnControlDown(string control)
    If RSEII_CSA_SurrenderType.GetValueInt() == 1
        If (control == "csahotkey")
            Debug.SetGodMode(true)

As for auto-surrender, the moment it detects you've gone below the defined threshold, it again puts you in godmode.

Event OnHit(ObjectReference akTarget, ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, bool abSneakAttack, bool abBashAttack, bool abHitBlocked, string apMaterial)
    If akTarget == PlayerREF
        LastHit = akAggressor as Actor
        GiveUp = False
        CheckSurrender()
        If GiveUp == True
            If RSEII_CSA_HealthSurrender.GetValueInt() == 1
                Float HealthUse = RSEII_CSA_HealthCheck.GetValue()
                If PlayerREF.GetValuePercentage(Health) < HealthUse
                    Debug.SetGodMode(true)

It cannot be done any faster than it is being done. Perhaps the bullets are sneaking in faster than the event can process them, but yeah, you cannot become immune to damage any faster than I have done it.

4 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

The minute you press the hotkey, you go into godmode.

Event OnControlDown(string control)
    If RSEII_CSA_SurrenderType.GetValueInt() == 1
        If (control == "csahotkey")
            Debug.SetGodMode(true)

As for auto-surrender, the moment it detects you've gone below the defined threshold, it again puts you in godmode.

Event OnHit(ObjectReference akTarget, ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, bool abSneakAttack, bool abBashAttack, bool abHitBlocked, string apMaterial)
    If akTarget == PlayerREF
        LastHit = akAggressor as Actor
        GiveUp = False
        CheckSurrender()
        If GiveUp == True
            If RSEII_CSA_HealthSurrender.GetValueInt() == 1
                Float HealthUse = RSEII_CSA_HealthCheck.GetValue()
                If PlayerREF.GetValuePercentage(Health) < HealthUse
                    Debug.SetGodMode(true)

It cannot be done any faster than it is being done. Perhaps the bullets are sneaking in faster than the event can process them, but yeah, you cannot become immune to damage any faster than I have done it.

Ah, makes sense. I must have very little life left on the occasions it does this. Thanks! You already thought of this! If I'm that close to death, then I guess death it is

Hi, Flashy JoeR :) I got a chance to test capture with version 2.4.4 tonight, and I figured I'd share with you how it went in case it was or was not as intended. I plan on doing another capture soon to see how the next one goes.

I set abduction to 100%, restraints to 50%, alternate outcome on, kill outcome off in MCM. Then I went to some raiders and immediately surrendered when they started attacking.

They captured me, I asked them not to hurt me, and they instantly killed me. I'm not sure if that was intended when the MCM setting for kill is disabled.

So I reloaded and surrendered again.

This time they put me into a room in Backstreet apparel, bound with real handcuffs (which I liked).

While I was trying to escape the handcuffs there was some huge fight outside the closet. When I finally got out of the handcuffs I picked the lock to the closet and peeked outside. There were two super mutants and a whole lot of dead gunners and raiders. I killed the two super mutants and looted the dead raiders and gunners. Clearly the super mutants had killed all the raiders and gunners.

Next I went into the room where the backstreet apparel boss usually is, and it had 3 raiders and a dog. I walked in unarmed, but they attacked on sight, so I killed them with my fists. I took my stuff back from the chest and then did the revenge quest.

I'm not sure if you intended for Super Mutants to spawn there and kill all the captors.

And I'm not sure if the boss was aggressive on me because I killed the super mutants or because I left the closet.

If I hadn't heard everyone in the other room killing each other I'd have waited longer in the closet. Next abduction I'll try harder to wait to see what happens.

So far this is neat. I look forward to the next play session where I can try it again.

11 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

Hi, Flashy JoeR :) I got a chance to test capture with version 2.4.4 tonight, and I figured I'd share with you how it went in case it was or was not as intended. I plan on doing another capture soon to see how the next one goes.

Hide contents

I set abduction to 100%, restraints to 50%, alternate outcome on, kill outcome off in MCM. Then I went to some raiders and immediately surrendered when they started attacking.

They captured me, I asked them not to hurt me, and they instantly killed me. I'm not sure if that was intended when the MCM setting for kill is disabled.

So I reloaded and surrendered again.

This time they put me into a room in Backstreet apparel, bound with real handcuffs (which I liked).

While I was trying to escape the handcuffs there was some huge fight outside the closet. When I finally got out of the handcuffs I picked the lock to the closet and peeked outside. There were two super mutants and a whole lot of dead gunners and raiders. I killed the two super mutants and looted the dead raiders and gunners. Clearly the super mutants had killed all the raiders and gunners.

Next I went into the room where the backstreet apparel boss usually is, and it had 3 raiders and a dog. I walked in unarmed, but they attacked on sight, so I killed them with my fists. I took my stuff back from the chest and then did the revenge quest.

I'm not sure if you intended for Super Mutants to spawn there and kill all the captors.

And I'm not sure if the boss was aggressive on me because I killed the super mutants or because I left the closet.

If I hadn't heard everyone in the other room killing each other I'd have waited longer in the closet. Next abduction I'll try harder to wait to see what happens.

So far this is neat. I look forward to the next play session where I can try it again.

ooooh! Good information here! Seems something is not quite right with the Hardcode Mode abduction settings - it seems to be spawning critters it shouldnt be. I'll look into this right now! Thanks! :) Glad you are enjoying it!

v2.4.5 is now available to download

Includes the following updates:

• Tweaks auto-surrender code to put player into godmode a little faster than before.
  • Adds redundancy to timers during player abductions to ensure visitations occur as expected.
  • Redid the hardcore spawners, to ensure only faction appropriate NPCs spawn during hardcore enabled abductions.
53 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

v2.4.5 is now available to download

Includes the following updates:

• Tweaks auto-surrender code to put player into godmode a little faster than before.
  • Adds redundancy to timers during player abductions to ensure visitations occur as expected.
  • Redid the hardcore spawners, to ensure only faction appropriate NPCs spawn during hardcore enabled abductions.

Hello

Is the update function now working?
or must be cleaned with each update of the gamesave

2 minutes ago, Schranza21 said:

Hello

Is the update function now working?
or must be cleaned with each update of the gamesave

The autoupdate is refreshed every time I make a new build. The script is looking for v2.4.5 installed - if it finds something lower, it does its autoupdate.

Not a big deal at all, but the other night I had a raider abduction (with above level locations allowed) send me to Saugus Ironworks and I woke up in the boss room where Slag and his Forged cronies are. This room has scripted events related to the Out of the Fire sidequest, which I had not started yet but which fired as I began to walk around the room and basically killed me instantly. It's probably not a great location to include due to presence of quest events which auto-aggro the resident NPCs.

The Raider Pet mod discussion thread mentions other similarly problematic locations, such as the basement swimming pool at D.B. Technical College where Bosco turns aggressive on sight (this is also a boss chest location, not sure if you include it too, I haven't had an abduction take me there yet at least).

2.4.5, abduction, one visit (drugging) and then nothing.
btw. how to free companion ? Do I need to kill boss first ? Since there is no dialog options for that.

second attempt, drugging disabled, 2 raider males, one visit, then stop
third attempt (gunners plaza, just b4 being teleported to abduction place):
image.png.c3e752e52d43b31da69e611beb54008f.png

2 hours ago, CobraPL said:

third attempt (gunners plaza, just b4 being teleported to abduction place)

I gather that refalias fill error results when there are no level-appropriate locations for it to send you, increasingly likely with gunners and supermutants at very low levels. If you want to avoid that error you can use the MCM option to allow above-level locations.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I gather that refalias fill error results when there are no level-appropriate locations for it to send you, increasingly likely with gunners and supermutants at very low levels. If you want to avoid that error you can use the MCM option to allow above-level locations.

Yes, my Nora is only 6 lvl. Too bad this problem is not handled by mod. I mean it should be told straight.
Anyway, we were captured, "Piper had visitor" but he failed to come ;) Maybe he should have timeout and then teleport?

13 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

Honestly,  at this point @Flashy (JoeR), might as well take away the choice of not appropriate level or not.  If you are low level and down south, then say the mod isnt working because of their low level, would take away this "complaint".  I get why, but MCM isnt hard.

My 2cents. Well, maybe a penny at this point.

John

Problem is that error code does not suggest that problem is with that MCM setting. Nor this setting says that.
Also, after being restrained I had inverted X and Y axis. Had to hit TAB twice to go to normal. Just FYI

edit: During CSA enemy was too far / behind obstacle and I couldn't answer him. Timeout worked OK.