[AAF] RSE II: Combat Surrender and Abductions (12/30/19)

54 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Yes, you need to R - Transfer for the chest to register that you have OPENED it, so that it can then know that you have CLOSED it when you exit the inventory menu - the CLOSE event is what completes the quest. There is no other way to do this that is not a pain in the ass to code. The only other way to do it is to do an OnItemRemoved event, that requires an Inventory Filter for every possible item that could be stored in it. Not a good way to do things. Although... possibly, just possibly, I could use the event to simply say, when an item is removed, look to see if there are any other items in it and if not, complete the quest. I'll test this and see - could be good if it works, because then it would cover both bases of accessing the chest.

I need to do an update at some point anyways, to add the Resources v0.9 keywords into it, so I'll play with this and see if it works, for inclusion in that future update.

Problem is that last time I checked I needed to use TAKE (screenshot is after I took everything). Now, I need to user TRANSFER, after TAKE, as confirmation. It never happened b4, so I reported it.

7 minutes ago, CobraPL said:

Problem is that last time I checked I needed to use TAKE (screenshot is after I took everything). Now, I need to user TRANSFER, after TAKE, as confirmation. It never happened b4, so I reported it.

Ive only even used transfer, so I cant speak to what you're seeing. But I am trying other things out...

Circling back. OnItemRemoved does not work - it needs inventory filters for EVERY item that is put into it and that is not something that can be done at runtime and certainly not for mod added items.

So, finishing abductions quest will remain as it has always been, using the TRANSFER method of getting your gear from it.

Silent takedowns (breaking the neck from behind) while abducted? That don't cause faction breaking and hostilities if done privately?

Oh yes... this is definitely a thing now. Agility of 6 and Strength of 5 required for this ability to be available to use.

ScreenShot726.png.c8161ee138bfab0f6ad78b1c2acdf6da.pngScreenShot727.png.915ef318e3fdfbafb6e663ba573e37a1.png

Hi, Congratulations on the great series of RSE mods,

I'm trying out some of them and I made the translation into Portuguese from Brasildeste, this one has already been up to that date, I've been testing here and it seems normal,

send the file and if you approve feel free to offer the file.
RSE_II_CSA (v2.4.9)_traduzido_ptBR.zipRSE_II_CSA (v2.4.9)_traduzido_ptBR.zip

This was the first of the RSE series that I did the translation and I was able to test a bit, the others have not yet tried to show you.

Taking advantage, I do not find which 3 options  which appear as the choice for the destination of teleportation: 
 - Last Used Bed
 - Closest Owened Settlement
 - Random Owned Settlement

can you tell where they are?

Spoiler

20190718223406_1.jpg.678d2f21ce3b1d2f04f281883d7cd7c2.jpg

20190718223413_1.jpg.fd8dd1d85a16c064b55afd7264589a47.jpg

20190718223415_1.jpg.2645d684385e15fec494df5b4b465545.jpg

@urbanoantigo look in the MCM file for this:

{
    "text": "Teleport Location",
    "type": "stepper",
    "help": "Where will you teleport to, when teleporting is enabled?",
    "valueOptions": {
    "options": ["Last Used Bed", "Closest Owned Settlement", "Random Owned Settlement"],
    "sourceType": "GlobalValue",
    "sourceForm": "RSE_II_CSA.esp|0100640D"
      }
    },

4 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

@urbanoantigo look in the MCM file for this:

{
    "text": "Teleport Location",
    "type": "stepper",
    "help": "Where will you teleport to, when teleporting is enabled?",
    "options": ["Last Used Bed", "Closest Owned Settlement", "Random Owned Settlement"],
    "sourceType": "GlobalValue",
    "sourceForm": "RSE_II_CSA.esp|0100640D"
      }
    },

Wow that was fast.

Thank you, I'll get it started.

22 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

I never do anything halfway or slowly. :)

Yes, it worked, ?

I found two more places where the translation also needs to be done in the ... Fallout 4 \ Data \ MCM \ Config \ RSE_II_CSA \ config.json To translate Male and Female to Masculino  and Feminino, Lines 395 - 396, and 742 - 743:
             "options": [
               Male
               Female
             ],

First time I move in a file from the MCM folder, interesting, I'm at the beginning of a new game and curious for the experiences with this mod

Thanks again and congratulations for the set of RSE mods.

12 minutes ago, urbanoantigo said:

Yes, it worked, ?

I found two more places where the translation also needs to be done in the ... Fallout 4 \ Data \ MCM \ Config \ RSE_II_CSA \ config.json To translate Male and Female to Masculino  and Feminino, Lines 395 - 396, and 742 - 743:
             "options": [
               Male
               Female
             ],

First time I move in a file from the MCM folder, interesting, I'm at the beginning of a new game and curious for the experiences with this mod

Thanks again and congratulations for the set of RSE mods.

If you ask @Olmech, he'll tell you that once you go RSE, you will never go back to playing without it. The game is much too boring without it.

14 minutes ago, Dapper Dan Pomade said:

I'm new to the mod. How are abductions triggered? Can they be triggered independently, or do they only happen after a combat surrender?

Within this mod, they are a consequence of surrendering in a fight to raiders, gunners and super mutants only. Chances of abductions and all of the other configurable settings to create your abductions scenarios are contained within the included MCM.

If you run RSE II Advanced Needs and have CSA installed as well, you could potentially get kidnapped to an abductions site when you sleep in an unsafe location.

And since you're new to these mods, I'll just say, welcome to the RSE Experience. Your game will never be the same again. :)

3 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Within this mod, they are a consequence of surrendering in a fight to raiders, gunners and super mutants only. Chances of abductions and all of the other configurable settings to create your abductions scenarios are contained within the included MCM.

If you run RSE II Advanced Needs and have CSA installed as well, you could potentially get kidnapped to an abductions site when you sleep in an unsafe location.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response!

Really refining (and testing the fuck out of) SILENT TAKEDOWNS during abductions. There are two kinds available, within two different circumstances.

You have an unarmed variation, that breaks the captors neck.

You have a variation that relies on you having an equipped blade of some kind, which stabs them in the neck.

You can trigger this by sneaking around and jumping someone or your can trigger it when a captor comes to visit.

You cannot use this skill when you have become subservient!!!

Even though I use crouched sneaking as the means to trigger silent takedowns, they do not use the game's DETECTION meter. I made my own, in papyrus, so one cannot rely on the detection meter on the screen at all. You will receive an update on your stealth status every five seconds or so, so it best to not just jump the gun and kill someone and to wait until the script tells you that you are in the clear. If you are witnessed, which is seen or heard, by any captor within 800 game units, using the game's own Line of Sight and Detection (sound) methods, hostilities will ensue.

This new addition has even been coded to allow you to kill the boss, giving you access to the chest, without triggering hostilities, unless of course, you are detected by someone else.

To use this skill, you must have agility of 6 or higher and a strength of 5 or higher.  And this skill ONLY works on humans and ghouls. Super mutants, lets face it, it would be impossible for the player to break their necks or get the jump on them with a puny switchblade. Trying to keep it grounded and real.

I am still tweaking my detection radius as I find it a little too easy right now, but work progresses and soon you will all have a new means to work through your abductions. In fact, thinking about it, I may just make this a slider for you in the MCM, so that you can choose the distance other NPCs need to be to detect your kills.

And I mean... you have no idea how difficult this was to pull off. Seems easy when youre playing or looking at it here, but I kid you not, I've been at this for almost 11 hours non-stop now and it was some complex fuckery to make. But its done, its working, its well tested.

ScreenShot728.png.818a185dc17b3fb28d64909d9cc38cda.pngScreenShot730.png.fcb936086f0a46b6c58df6f559cb11f6.png

ScreenShot731.png.e6c0e485edf01e0f721bef916ab4a8a3.png

ScreenShot732.png.239dd8ead602da516e3074fb636143f9.pngScreenShot733.png.9ad5857577c04cc0b8e16749e03634d4.png

ScreenShot734.png.4fe0501e8bd5c8953c011fd184eaa87b.pngScreenShot735.png.1b47902342f4116df9f27b4132a7104e.png

ScreenShot737.png.119ec35e5891f9850478ebefddd6011e.png

Sorry for the quality. Laptop recording + full screen video = not good bed fellows. But a look at it in action, all the same, stuttering frames and all. ?

Just added checks for RealHandcuffs being applied to the player, to ensure you cannot trigger a silent takedown if you are currently restrained in handcuffs.

Slowly coming together now. Final refinements and polishing on some other parts of the mod that I wanted to tighten up - such as adding walk-away phases to visitation dialogues, so that if you decide to just walk away from your approaching captor, they will just immediately start up an AAF sequence, determining that you were defiant.

Small things like this, to tighten up the player experience and remove some loopholes.

Very good idea, when I thought there could not be anything else... ?

I have a situation. I managed to escape from Gunners Plaza. The mod asked me if I wanted to get my things back later. I accepted I would go back later because they stole a couple of my legendary weapons. After various hours of play, I accept the reality that I don't have enough level to face them.

Yesterday I wanted to try abduction with Piper, but since the first abduction is still active, there is no second abduction. So, is there any way to communicate to the mod that I no longer want to recover my things?  Something to make that message appear again where the mod asks me to recover my things or abandon them.

17 hours ago, JBpy said:

Yes, yesterday happened to me during my kidnapping and I think, thiiiiink it's for RealHandcuffs. Have you been cuffed?

Open the console and type this:

player.caa animarchetypeplayer

If you are handcuffed, remove the handcuffs and type it.

Should fix it.

No i wasn't handcuffed i dont use that mod (yet). Gotta be something else. Must be something else conflicting but hell if i know what it might be.

3 hours ago, JBpy said:

Very good idea, when I thought there could not be anything else... ?

I have a situation. I managed to escape from Gunners Plaza. The mod asked me if I wanted to get my things back later. I accepted I would go back later because they stole a couple of my legendary weapons. After various hours of play, I accept the reality that I don't have enough level to face them.

Yesterday I wanted to try abduction with Piper, but since the first abduction is still active, there is no second abduction. So, is there any way to communicate to the mod that I no longer want to recover my things?  Something to make that message appear again where the mod asks me to recover my things or abandon them.

Good point - didn't actually consider that one. However, for next update.

ScreenShot738.png.0a3202f243aabfa695986284b6c54964.pngScreenShot739.png.af86b652579bfaf088fc9f0a7def5f52.png

As you can see, if there isnt a player abduction ongoing, it will tell you. But if there is still one going on and you wish to terminate it, whether you are in the middle of one or have escaped and just wish to flush the chest out, coming into this tool and selecting it ONCE, you will see a message saying the abduction was terminated.

v2.5 is now available for download!

NOTE: This update requires the RSE II Resources ESM v0.9+ file to be installed in your game. So if you didn't update to this version, which was released yesterday, you will need to get it now. If you do not, the CSA mod will simply halt all functions and tell you to update the ESM. Save yourself the headache. Do it now.

Updates:

• Adds Silent Takedown mechanics to Player Abductions.
  • You must have AGILITY of 6+ and STRENGTH of 5+ in order to do takedowns.
  • They only work on HUMAN and GHOUL captors.
  • You can trigger them by sneaking behind a target or through dialogue with visitors.
  • Two types of takedowns - broken neck and stabbing the throat, depending on if you have a knife equipped or not.
  • Being detected killing a captor will begin immediate hostility with your captors.
  • You can silently kill a boss, but you will still be a captive, prone to visitations, until you open the boss chest.
  • Breakdown of Silent Takedowns can be read HERE.
  • MCM control added to enable Stealth Notifications for silent takedowns - use them to know when it is safe to kill someone.
  • MCM control added to set the distance your captors need to be away from your target in order to not go hostile.
  • MCM control added to shut down an ongoing abduction, which deletes the chest and everything in it! So use it wisely!

A reiteration about the SNEAK / DETECTION system: Even though I use crouched sneaking as the means to trigger silent takedowns, they do not use the game's DETECTION meter. I made my own, in papyrus, so one cannot rely on the detection meter on the screen at all. You will receive an update on your stealth status every five seconds or so, so it best to not jump the gun for the kill and to wait until the script tells you that you are in the clear. If you are witnessed, which is seen or heard, by any captor within 800 game units (default, but can be altered in the MCM), using the game's own Line of Sight and Detection (sound) methods, hostilities will ensue.

ScreenShot726.png.987925f7f1389421647ed8fdef520858.pngScreenShot727.png.6261d9cadbccff31f73eaac7ea137878.png

29 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

v2.5 is now available for download!

NOTE: This update requires the RSE II Resources ESM v0.9+ file to be installed in your game. So if you didn't update to this version, which was released yesterday, you will need to get it now. If you do not, the CSA mod will simply halt all functions and tell you to update the ESM. Save yourself the headache. Do it now.

Updates:

• Adds Silent Takedown mechanics to Player Abductions.
  • You must have AGILITY of 6+ and STRENGTH of 5+ in order to do takedowns.
  • They only work on HUMAN and GHOUL captors.
  • You can trigger them by sneaking behind a target or through dialogue with visitors.
  • Two types of takedowns - broken neck and stabbing the throat, depending on if you have a knife equipped or not.
  • Being detected killing a captor will begin immediate hostility with your captors.
  • You can silently kill a boss, but you will still be a captive, prone to visitations, until you open the boss chest.
  • Breakdown of Silent Takedowns can be read HERE.
  • MCM control added to enable Stealth Notifications for silent takedowns - use them to know when it is safe to kill someone.
  • MCM control added to set the distance your captors need to be away from your target in order to not go hostile.
  • MCM control added to shut down an ongoing abduction, which deletes the chest and everything in it! So use it wisely!

A reiteration about the SNEAK / DETECTION system: Even though I use crouched sneaking as the means to trigger silent takedowns, they do not use the game's DETECTION meter. I made my own, in papyrus, so one cannot rely on the detection meter on the screen at all. You will receive an update on your stealth status every five seconds or so, so it best to not jump the gun for the kill and to wait until the script tells you that you are in the clear. If you are witnessed, which is seen or heard, by any captor within 800 game units (default, but can be altered in the MCM), using the game's own Line of Sight and Detection (sound) methods, hostilities will ensue.

ScreenShot726.png.987925f7f1389421647ed8fdef520858.pngScreenShot727.png.6261d9cadbccff31f73eaac7ea137878.png

you know, brother... the silent executions... could be its own standalone mod and probably would skyrocket to HotFiles on the nexus... it is a mechanic truly missing from the base game.

John

Okay, been reading up on all the changes I need to make and if I go the route of updating to the new bodies...and AAF....I think Ill just wipe my game and start over. Question...does this require the latest AAF and F4SE or could I try it on the one I am running? I think I would rather do that if possible rather than relearn AAF since it has changed so much since the version I run. If I cant...Ill wipe and redo.

1 minute ago, Olmech said:

Okay, been reading up on all the changes I need to make and if I go the route of updating to the new bodies...and AAF....I think Ill just wipe my game and start over. Question...does this require the latest AAF and F4SE or could I try it on the one I am running? I think I would rather do that if possible rather than relearn AAF since it has changed so much since the version I run. If I cant...Ill wipe and redo.

Pretty much all mods are independent of AAF version, really, when it comes down to it, aside from some varying API calls that may not exist in older AAF builds. That said, I am personally using build b78.0 of AAF with F4SE build 0.6.16 and that should be good for just about anyone. I hate constant updates to FO4's exe and F4SE and all the rest, so I found a good build of AAF that works for my needs and locked off all other updates. I wont update again until a new API call comes along that I personally need for mod authoring...

If that answers the question.

13 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Pretty much all mods are independent of AAF version, really, when it comes down to it, aside from some varying API calls that may not exist in older AAF builds. That said, I am personally using build b78.0 of AAF with F4SE build 0.6.16 and that should be good for just about anyone. I hate constant updates to FO4's exe and F4SE and all the rest, so I found a good build of AAF that works for my needs and locked off all other updates. I wont update again until a new API call comes along that I personally need for mod authoring...

If that answers the question.

Im on 58b I think. I suppose Ill just redo it all since Ive been on this game install since November of last year. Probably some nasty things lurking in there with all the mod yanking Ive done anyway. But, I wont do it tonight. Long day today.