General Discussion

8 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

:D Oh, so if you're waiting for 4 hours and ... BOOM, Only one hour passes, you're back in the screen and she's screaming out in labor?

Yup, never removed it.  I don't see why it woulda been.... or how.  I never looked at his version.  But I chose to add more 'traps' to prevent crashes than what the original contained.

Right now, I wanna get Creature Pregs to work.  And I'm thinking about stuff like a LoversVoice addon for HiyokoShooter.  That would replace 'sex' dialog with groans and screams and phrases like "THAT BASTARD DID THIS TO MEEEE!!!!"  Yeah, I think I already posted such.  But I've been thinking 'more' content, like a difference between her first delivery and later deliveries.  And... (don't laugh) ... if a GUY goes into labor.  Blame the maker of Tamago, he suggested that a guy CAN have a womb and go through this too

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1058426_junior

And I say containers must be able to bear children too.

8 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

:D Oh, so if you're waiting for 4 hours and ... BOOM, Only one hour passes, you're back in the screen and she's screaming out in labor?

Yup, never removed it.  I don't see why it woulda been.... or how.  I never looked at his version.  But I chose to add more 'traps' to prevent crashes than what the original contained.

Right now, I wanna get Creature Pregs to work.  And I'm thinking about stuff like a LoversVoice addon for HiyokoShooter.  That would replace 'sex' dialog with groans and screams and phrases like "THAT BASTARD DID THIS TO MEEEE!!!!"  Yeah, I think I already posted such.  But I've been thinking 'more' content, like a difference between her first delivery and later deliveries.  And... (don't laugh) ... if a GUY goes into labor.  Blame the maker of Tamago, he suggested that a guy CAN have a womb and go through this too.

thanks! very cool!

11 hours ago, movomo said:

And I say containers must be able to bear children too.

You... want an incubator system???

Lines of code within a4tcsTamagoOne:

;; If Target reference is not an actor, clear Tamago data
    if me.IsActor == 0
        if eval(data->step != 0) && eval(0>=ar_Size data->Wombs) && eval(0>=ar_Size data->Ovums) && eval(0>=ar_Size data->FerilizedOvums) && eval(0>=ar_Size data->Conceptions) && eval(0>=ar_Size data->Sperms)
            Call a4tccRemoveTamagoData me
            DebugPrint "TamagoClub:%n(%i)'s data has been removed(Empty container)" me me
            return
        endif

Hrm... should I make an 'Incubator' override flag?  :D  I could give it a try.

I mean, I've knocked up a Reznod's Mannequin.  But that's an NPC fixed in a position where it is acting as a mannequin.

an incubator system? is it like when you take egg from ovulating npc and put in in a container, put a little sperm and let it born after a while? wow i dreamed that feature to exist but i didn't really think it was possible! it'll be even better if the ones from incubator "grow up" faster, or use it's own timer different than the one from tamagoclub (1st/2nd/3rd follicular phase) so baby from incubator could be born faster/has custom timer.

i just thought it'll be great seeing lots of cyrodiil women pregnant but for actual baby collection purpose, use incubator instead. especially creature babies.

Ahhh... the Teddy Shrine! ?  I BSAed the sucker so it's easier to install/.remove.  But I do that with a lot of mods, like Dark Bloodlines.

6 hours ago, fejeena said:

Can I impregnate my Teddy backpack?

Unfortunately.... no.  I was NOT able to get it to Incubate and birth.  No wombs for inanimate items.  *sigh*

But hey.  Make a 'COSTUME' outfit for an NPC of that particular teddy.  That might look ... fun?  ?

6 hours ago, Scarvoice said:

an incubator system? is it like when you take egg from ovulating npc and put in in a container, put a little sperm and let it born after a while? wow i dreamed that feature to exist but i didn't really think it was possible! i

ACTUALLY....   Now portions of THAT... IS posible.  And dangit, it was never documented in the Tamago Help File (which I never read until the past couple of weeks anyway).  ?

In TamagoClub, there are TWO fun little 'Misc Items' that mod developers can use.  One is the Cryopreserve Device (aka a4tcCryopreserveDevice) and the other is the IVF Device (aka a4tcIVFDevice).

Sperm, Ovums, etc, all have a 'shelf life' in the system.  And if you are using a fairly unrealistic mode where you can remove sperm or ovum from an actor and can put it in a chest, it will die eventually.  BUT... if you put said goodies in a chest and throw a Cryopreserve Device into it, the contents remain 'frozen' for storage.

Now what if you wanted to make sure that a chosen ovum and chosen sperm have a little party and make that zygote (fertilized ovum) of your dreams?  Put the sperm and ovum, and the IVFDevice in a chest, and in a couple of gametime hours you'll get your zygote.

Now these items are playable.  In that, the player can carry them and put them in whatever chest he/she wishes.  And the designer did not make unplayable/hidden versions to make a cold-freeze unit that cannot be tampered with.  So, I may wish to make the hidden and untamperable versions of these items at a later date.

Now... I have begun work on fixing up Lovers Genderbender.  THREE VERSIONS?  Okay, my bad.  I am now making just ONE version now.  Alas, when I first wrote it, I was unaware I could 'REFERENCE' the methods from other mods as I could items.  I made separate versions for Setbody and Tamago at the time.  Now... it's going to be One-Size-Fits-All.

And I'm now working to grab the LoversCreaturesSetFemale command. 

??? That is the Teddy backpack from my Teddy clothing Mod. One of my Mod here at LL.

Or do you mean I should scale the Teddy to human height and then run MeshRigger to add it to the human skeleton bones.

So you have a wearable teddy.

And I retextured my brown bears , they all look like Teddies  and I can get teddy babies,

7 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

Now these items are playable.  In that, the player can carry them and put them in whatever chest he/she wishes.  And the designer did not make unplayable/hidden versions to make a cold-freeze unit that cannot be tampered with.  So, I may wish to make the hidden and untamperable versions of these items at a later date.

Oh no, having playable version as well won't hurt but it sounds to me like the unplayable version is more important. You can imitate a playable item with an unplayable one but not the other way around. I think it better remain hidden. If the add-on maker wants a visible token, then he can create one.

Superman TAS 206 Identity Crisis.avi_20190724_184240.835.jpg

5 hours ago, Acacia17 said:

Are there any new guides for installing this mod? There is only one now i can see and thats really messy, half of the links gives 404, no image etc, its very old i know, just wanted to know if there are any other alternative guides. Thanks.

????  Here is a "General Discussion" tread. . . whicjh Mod do you talk about ? LAPF, Lovers Creatures2.5,  Tamago, Teddies, ... ?

If you talk about the Lovers Sex System (LAPF)  there are some threads,    e.g. see my yellow Link below.

And the game is old it does not need new guides for installing Mods, every old guide if ok.

And all Lovers install guides are without images.  Because if you do not know how to install Mods and the base tools you should not start with Lovers.

First play the vanilla Oblivion game,  then start to add some small Mods ( some armor and clothes Mods ), install a Mod manager and learn to use it , ....

And if you new the basics then you can start with Lovers installation and then you do not need images.

And if he's talking Tamago/Hiyoko, the DOWNLOADS section has fairly current versions updated just days ago.

19 hours ago, movomo said:

it sounds to me like the unplayable version is more important.

Yep, it does to me.   BTW, I woulda chosen a Lex-Clones snapshot from "Reign of the Supermen' . :D

I may have been mistaken about the usage of the IVF Device.  But, I made versions that can be hidden, and made a CRYO Freezer to store all the genetic samples for... WEEKS!  Still, I don't want to rush things too much.

6 hours ago, fejeena said:

????  Here is a "General Discussion" tread. . . whicjh Mod do you talk about ? LAPF, Lovers Creatures2.5,  Tamago, Teddies, ... ?

If you talk about the Lovers Sex System (LAPF)  there are some threads,    e.g. see my yellow Link below.

And the game is old it does not need new guides for installing Mods, every old guide if ok.

And all Lovers install guides are without images.  Because if you do not know how to install Mods and the base tools you should not start with Lovers.

First play the vanilla Oblivion game,  then start to add some small Mods ( some armor and clothes Mods ), install a Mod manager and learn to use it , ....

And if you new the basics then you can start with Lovers installation and then you do not need images.

I know how modding works, its just that some people who wrote the guides, for some unknown reason seems like missed the definition of what a guide actually is. And descriptions of said mods doesnt help either. What does OOO means what does it do? What does MBP means and what does it do? Why i had to download two different mod organizers? These are just some of the questions which goes unanswered(there are about 150+ total actually, i figured i couldnt fit them all in here), while they shouldnt be(i mean as core parts, one would think they are important). 

Ah look at me, what am i doing. Now i will be banned because i have criticize the job done by others. Here we go again.

1 hour ago, Acacia17 said:

I know how modding works, its just that some people who wrote the guides, for some unknown reason seems like missed the definition of what a guide actually is. And descriptions of said mods doesnt help either. What does OOO means what does it do? What does MBP means and what does it do? Why i had to download two different mod organizers? These are just some of the questions which goes unanswered(there are about 150+ total actually, i figured i couldnt fit them all in here), while they shouldnt be(i mean as core parts, one would think they are important). 

Ah look at me, what am i doing. Now i will be banned because i have criticize the job done by others. Here we go again.

But you will not get any help or meaningful response unless you state which mod you need help with, or which guide your criticism is directed at. It seems like the guide authors aren't the only ones who are missing the definition of what a description actually is?

1 hour ago, movomo said:

But you will not get any help or meaningful response unless you state which mod you need help with, or which guide your criticism is directed at. It seems like the guide authors aren't the only ones who are missing the definition of what a description actually is?

Yes, thats exactly my point. Guide is so bad(there is only one sticked in the main page, obviously 'The Guide'), i dont even know the name of the mod im trying to install. I was assuming passively until now that the mod's name was 'Lovers with PK', name of this section. Might be wrong, have no idea. 

Yes, thats exactly my point. Guide is so bad(there is only one sticked in the main page, obviously 'The Guide'), i dont even know the name of the mod im trying to install. I was assuming passively until now that the mod's name was 'Lovers with PK', name of this section. Might be wrong, have no idea. 

Now you finally tell what your problem is and being less sarcastic than what you wrote in the mbp aio thread. Since you're so smart, maybe you could figure out what the Lovers is in this another stickied post.

I know and at least somewhat agree to your point, but the way you express your frustration won't get you anywhere. Making proper documentation is actually a very difficult and taxing task for all sorts of developers, not just us free time hobby modders. Modders are often too tired to write things about their stuff and tbh don't care much in the first place. Because their primary drive for modding is to enjoy the act of modding itself and not to advertise & sell them. For example, recently it took me some month to write a decent documentation about a single mod, and now I don't want to lift a finger to write another fucking guide.

So guides are often written by other non-dev contributors, and even then their contents tend to converge into the most dumbed down and foolproof form, then left outdated as the writer goes inactive. Leaving the forum is not their fault. They are all created and maintained by the community as a whole. Blaming them is like blaming yourself as all the past authors were just normal members such as yourself. Only that you're blamed less because you're new here.

tldr; The guides are not updated due to lack of manpower so deal with it. Or if you're inclined, prove you're a better person by learning the thing and writing one yourself as a responsible member of the community. If you do it I'll personally solicit the moderators for stickying your guide.

1 hour ago, movomo said:

Now you finally tell what your problem is and being less sarcastic than what you wrote in the mbp aio thread. Since you're so smart, maybe you could figure out what the Lovers is in this another stickied post.

I know and at least somewhat agree to your point, but the way you express your frustration won't get you anywhere. Making proper documentation is actually a very difficult and taxing task for all sorts of developers, not just us free time hobby modders. Modders are often too tired to write things about their stuff and tbh don't care much in the first place. Because their primary drive for modding is to enjoy the act of modding itself and not to advertise & sell them. For example, recently it took me some month to write a decent documentation about a single mod, and now I don't want to lift a finger to write another fucking guide.

So guides are often written by other non-dev contributors, and even then their contents tend to converge into the most dumbed down and foolproof form, then left outdated as the writer goes inactive. Leaving the forum is not their fault. They are all created and maintained by the community as a whole. Blaming them is like blaming yourself as all the past authors were just normal members such as yourself. Only that you're blamed less because you're new here.

tldr; The guides are not updated due to lack of manpower so deal with it. Or if you're inclined, prove you're a better person by learning the thing and writing one yourself as a responsible member of the community. If you do it I'll personally solicit the moderators for stickying your guide.

I might do that, only if i could get ANY solid instructive information out of the scattered guides and mod descriptions. It feels like trying to complete a puzzle while unknown half of the pieces were not even there from the start(not missing mind you, non-existent). And to see people with unknown motives who actually somehow managed to complete this impossible puzzle, sucking terribly(pardon my words but thats the truth) in basic writing and giving instructions, just making my gears to melt right away. Hence my idiotic replies. Sorry. 

If i can get it right in my first try, i will at least write the things i did to get a relatively seamless experience with this thing im trying to install(still dont know the name). I know its not hard, you just need people who likes to write boring manuals.

this thing im trying to install(still dont know the name)

See, that's another question: what are you trying to install? What do you want, exactly?

LAPF is a framework that adds sex into Oblivion, but it does nothing on its own, you need other mods dependent on the framework to trigger the sex scenes or add extra functionality or whatever. Do you want to install LAPF so you can then install the mods that require LAPF and use them? Or is it something completely different? That's the info we need to provide more specific help.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

See, that's another question: what are you trying to install? What do you want, exactly?

LAPF is a framework that adds sex into Oblivion, but it does nothing on its own, you need other mods dependent on the framework to trigger the sex scenes or add extra functionality or whatever. Do you want to install LAPF so you can then install the mods that require LAPF and use them? Or is it something completely different? That's the info we need to provide more specific help.

Doesnt matter anymore, 6 hours of modding, cant even reach to the main menu. Such guide much wow. In case someone feels being helpful, im just gonna haul my load order here i guess.

Ban imminent edit: I cant fucking believe i have wasted my whole day on this by trusting that shitty good for nothing 'guide'. Fuck him/her who the fuck ever wrote that, fuck him/her who the fuck ever sticked that, fuck him/her who the fuck ever read that.

I can get banned peacefully, now that i get this out of my system. Cheers.

Taslak.png

Taslak1.png

Doesnt matter anymore, 6 hours of modding, cant even reach to the main menu. Such guide much wow. In case someone feels being helpful, im just gonna haul my load order here i guess.

Sure, because people will certainly be willing to help you after all the snark and entitlement.

Dude, Oblivion is 13 years old. It's a miracle anyone is still playing and modding the damn game, let alone willing to help other other people with it, and yet here you are, potentially pissing off the very few people that are still hanging around and can help. Nice going, champ.

Even then, we could still be willing to help, but how the hell are we supposed to help if we don't know what you want? You think I asked for shits and giggles? Your setup and load order is a mess, but I can't tell you what to remove, what you are missing, and what to reorder without knowing what your endgame is.

So I'll ask again: would you kindly tell us what you want to do with your game so we can't tell you what you need and how to set it all up?

What a pity... I liked him... honest. Genuine.

Because Blaze69... he reads stuff. You know how rare such trait is. And he had some spirit. I was kind of ... almost going to let RitualClarity know that there is someone who does read guides. Ah... welll, but @Acacia17, know that I'm always happy to help anyone who's willing to do some learning and who's up for some action.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Sure, because people will certainly be willing to help you after all the snark and entitlement.

Dude, Oblivion is 13 years old. It's a miracle anyone is still playing and modding the damn game, let alone willing to help other other people with it, and yet here you are, potentially pissing off the very few people that are still hanging around and can help. Nice going, champ.

Even then, we could still be willing to help, but how the hell are we supposed to help if we don't know what you want? You think I asked for shits and giggles? Your setup and load order is a mess, but I can't tell you what to remove, what you are missing, and what to reorder without knowing what your endgame is.

So I'll ask again: would you kindly tell us what you want to do with your game so we can't tell you what you need and how to set it all up?

Dont 'champ' me.

I have set my load order, according to the only guide there is, its not my fault the writer breathed polluted air when he was a toddler.

What do you think i want really? To get the damn thing working, you can see my mods, it should be clear what my endgame is.

I wonder how much help you can lend me, considering your kindness requirements being that high. I mean, im not even insulting you yet.

Dont 'champ' me.

Fair enough, but in exchange you don't treat me like it's a crime to not be bending over backwards to sate your needs. Deal?

Remember, nobody is paying me for this, you are some rando on the internet I shouldn't really give a crap about and I'm already going above and beyond just by replying. Doesn't mean you need to brownnose me, I give you that, but not being a jerk would be considered common courtesy. :classic_wink:

I have set my load order, according to the only guide there is, its not my fault the writer breathed polluted air when he was a toddler.

There's certainly more than one guide in the whole Oblivion section, and it would cost you nothing to mention which so it's easier to help, but I'll assume you mean this one: Installation Guide with Lovers, MBP and Wyre with Bashed Patch.

Also, in case you didn't notice, that thing is from 2012, and hasn't been updated much since. May have been useful and accurate back then, and thus it was pinned, but chances are it's wildly outdated by now. Remember, 13 yo game, community is not active, things get outdated and don't get unpinned or whatever.

What do you think i want really? To get the damn thing working, you can see my mods, it should be clear what my endgame is.

All I see in your load order is a ton of different Lovers mods as well as what looks like a complete Modular Beautiful People install. I can guess you want a lot of sex in your game and you may want to make an animu waifu player character, but that's it.

My first suggestion would be to nuke your entire install and start from scratch, and do it carefully this time around. Yeah, I know you ain't gonna like this, it sucks, get used to it, that's Bethesda games modding for you.

Then check fejeena's guide, found here. Should help you get a basic install going, and give info on common bugs and issues and their solutions. Is it the clearest thing ever? No. Is it the most up to date? More than the others, at least, but chances are it's still outdated on some areas. Is it an ELI5? Nope. But it's what we have.

Now, if after doing it you still have questions and can't get it all to work (which you will, as it's understandable and we all do at first), you can come back and ask for help as long as A) you are not a jerk about it and B) you give actual info on the issues (i.e. "it doesnt work fix it already!!!!11!1!" is useless to find out what your problem is).

I wonder how much help you can lend me, considering your kindness requirements being that high. I mean, im not even insulting you yet.

IMHO my kindness requirements are pretty fair considering I'm doing this out of the kindness of my own heart and I'm getting paid exactly $0 for it. Not even that coveted "exposure" I get out of it, poor me. :classic_sad:

And yeah, while Blaze69 gave you the link which holds Fejeena's Load order, both it and Ashal's Load Order (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23-quick-installation-guide/)  relate that the X117 race it to be before Lovers with PK.esm.  If that was a Bashed mod list... yeah, they usually suck the sweat off of a dead dog's balls.

Any wonder why I've made some quest help guides and have been thinkng about a Tamago help guide?

Ok then, that new-ish guide looks promising, lets waste another day on this. Hopefully not. For the record though still, if i have questions about installing a mod which i have been following a guide about for to manage so, this means the thing i was following, is not at all, a proper guide. Point of writing guides is to eliminate the need of asking questions on how to do the thing.

Thanks for the help, even though i didnt deserved it. Much appreciated.

Some general instructions:

1. Beautify your game first before installing any Lovers mods.  Install the body you want, the clothes/armors you want, the EMB or landscaping or races and so on.  Install in groups no larger than 5 small mods at a time (or 1 large one).  The start a new game and play for a few minutes to make sure things work.  A quick way to do this is to install an alternate start mod like this:  https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11495/?

2. Read about all the lovers mods and decide what you want to start with.  DO NOT INSTALL ALL OF THEM!  Some will work with one another and some won't.  Install them one at a time and then play the game to see if things work correctly.  Then install another, play test and rinse and repeat.

3.  If you have trouble, READ the OP of the mod again and skim through the thread to see if you can find a fix.  If you can't, then post in the lovers tech support section AFTER you read this:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/4487-please-read-before-posting-here/   and this    https://www.loverslab.com/topic/28162-newbies-5-simple-ways-to-avoid-most-crashes-and-bugs/ and this    https://www.loverslab.com/topic/21241-lapf/4.  Most of the lovers plugins are described here and have a link:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/6799-lovers-plugin-index-with-direct-links/

As was stated above, this is a very old game and many things are not explained anymore as most folks already know what they mean.  MBP = Modular Beautiful People.  It is a mod that adds a shit ton of anime like races.  It doesn't change vanilla.  OOO = Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.  It is a major overhaul of the game that is still popular to this day.  Most of this can be found by just searching the oblivion section or even doing a google search.

Use BOSS to auto sort your mods and not LOOT (LOOT is for Skyrim and later games).

To write and maintain a good in depth guide could require as much or more time than making an actual mod.  Which is a heck of a lot of work.  So it is unsurprising that this just hasn't been done.  

Cheers,

Greg