21 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Ideally you'll be behind a girl when you give her ass 'what for'. 

As I speculated.

21 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Since it's an SKSE plugin I'd doubt there's much I could do tbh. 

Not use Hello events but use the scanner in a mod everyone has?

TYF will also protect you against your follower, as long as you don't look at them. People do tend to look at their follower though.

In practice, as long as STA doesn't exclude spankers because they are in front, it should be fine as is.

The spank is - in my immersive world - because you let them catch your eye.

The real problem is clearly with HH.

Would this impact the furniture spanking in any way? I don't seem to see much of that.

23 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Not use Hello events but use the scanner in a mod everyone has?

:squints:

I don't see how that helps. SLA runs a scan every 120 seconds (by default), right? How do I get the same reaction/responsiveness from it as the hello event (which is pretty much perfect)?

26 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Would this impact the furniture spanking in any way? I don't seem to see much of that.

I don't see much either. I think that's a separate issue. Think I broke it somehow in one of the later updates. Probably just forgot to update the SendModEvent parameters when in furniture.

There a lot of timing issues with that mod I'd say. I mean you can spin your head pretty quick in Skyrim and maybe you were looking at the guy when the check 'is dovakin facing him' is done but by the time the script/dialogue gets to actually doing something you might be looking in another direction altogether. 

If I were in yer shoes I'd just dump TYF. That's easy for me to say because I've never used it but it just doesn't seem like all that big a deal to me. People DO talk to your back sometimes with or without your attention. Of course, Hello comments in skyrim is usually a lot of silly exposition so I kind of get it at the same time. 

7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

There a lot of timing issues with that mod I'd say. I mean you can spin your head pretty quick in Skyrim and maybe you were looking at the guy when the check 'is dovakin facing him' is done but by the time the script/dialogue gets to actually doing something you might be looking in another direction altogether. 

If I were in yer shoes I'd just dump TYF. That's easy for me to say because I've never used it but it just doesn't seem like all that big a deal to me. People DO talk to your back sometimes with or without your attention. Of course, Hello comments in skyrim is usually a lot of silly exposition so I kind of get it at the same time. 

It's actually perfectly good at doing what you expect.

It doesn't matter if you "were looking at the guy when the check 'is dovakin facing him' is done but by the time the script/dialogue gets to actually doing something you might be looking in another direction altogether".

It doesn't matter at all. At least you DID look at him. He has some reason to speak to you.

What happens without it, is, as the mod-author describes, a massive assault of unwanted inappropriate greeting and queries every time you enter anywhere remotely busy.

This is just about tolerable in a vanilla Skyrim with virtually no NPCs around, but in a modded game with genuinely crowded taverns, it's an annoyance I'm happy to have a fix for.

As this is really only breaking HH for me at the moment, I'd rather stick with TYF.

If it's reducing random run-up spanks, I'm used to the low frequency.

There are probably enough NPCs in front of me to get plenty of chances - as long as STA doesn't exclude them as candidates due to being in front of me.

If STA does exclude NPCs based on position, maybe that's the thing that could be changed?

Optional tickbox, "Random spankers can come from any direction" ?

And if it doesn't exclude them, then TYF isn't stopping anything anyway, and it's all good, and HH is the only casualty here.

7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Fix for furniture spanks: _STA_SpankableFurniture.pex

There was a genuine issue with them?

Thanks for the fix.

I look forward to being able to activate an alchemy table and settle in for a proper session of frenzied follower spanking, like back in the good ol' days.

The closest thing to asking for it that we have :) other than constantly sprinting into your followers.

P.S. you are still advertising your Patreon in your sig, but you shut it down. I'm confused.

23 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

If STA does exclude NPCs based on position, maybe that's the thing that could be changed?

No. There's no direction checks. 

20 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

There was a genuine issue with them?

Not really. Added a parameter to the receiver event. Forgot to update the sender. 

21 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

P.S. you are still advertising your Patreon in your sig, but you shut it down. I'm confused.

Too lazy to change it. Spoilered it though. Just for you :P

Hi

have joy of this mod very much....... but im not shure its functioning as its supposed to im Using SLAX Seperate orgasm,  SexlabHorrible harrasment v3, sexlab aproach redux,

The option to only let followers spank seems to be out of sync when i turn it on nothing happens but being raped gives the NPC the dialog "honey tell me if you need more pain" or something .....but know that dialog completely gone.....and never been there with" only followers can spank" turned on

So im not shure about what you are discussing above but ....maybe the ansver is revealed  above... but its like the mods not coworking for now the only spank is "bumb into" or rape so the consensuel part doesnt work for me so any suggestions tuning the MCMs?

"I look forward to being able to activate an alchemy table and settle in for a proper session of frenzied follower spanking, like back in the good ol' days.

The closest thing to asking for it that we have :) other than constantly sprinting into your followers." shure liked this to happen in my game

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

The best you can do for now is settle yourself at an alchemy table and wait for the fun to start.

Ok so this furniture  could be a pillory?

because being spanked while having the alchemy screen on top is not so sexy but it works .....sort of......❤️

8 hours ago, iggypop1 said:

Ok so this furniture  could be a pillory?

If you have some mods that have filled your world with bondage furniture (PoP and BFW) then there are lots of places to invite the locals to play with you.

If you use DF, then STA will damage your willpower from being in furniture, and the spanking will damage it further.

Which is nice.

I like that a lot.

Just needs more nasty consequences of low willpower in DF to really make it fun.

The thing with alchemy tables is that there is one in the Sleeping Giant, and that gets a lot of ... action ... due to the high NPC count there in my game.

The bondage items tend to be tucked into corners more, or out in town squares etc, which have guards about, who tend to arrest you after the subsequent rape.

I seem to be getting less dialog flicker all of a sudden. It's basically gone.

Maybe something to do with the latest updates to SLS?

Or less likely, the furniture spanks fix? Somehow?

Does SexLabDirtyTalk clash horribly with STA/SLS?

I'm guessing it might.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I seem to be getting less dialog flicker all of a sudden. It's basically gone.

Maybe something to do with the latest updates to SLS?

I'm guessing it might.

Exactly...same here,  no dialog after installing furniture fix

Edit: is this something to use ?

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

2 hours ago, iggypop1 said:

Exactly...same here,  no dialog after installing furniture fix

I really don't see how. The script posted is just sending a modevent. And all I did was add an extra parameter. 

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I'm guessing it might.

Hmm yea. Well anything that tries to play dialogue at the same time as STA is going to be problematic. Especially if it's from the same Npc. I've had to turn off Sexist Guards 'Player Rape Talk' for the same reason. 

8 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Hmm yea. Well anything that tries to play dialogue at the same time as STA is going to be problematic. Especially if it's from the same Npc. I've had to turn off Sexist Guards 'Player Rape Talk' for the same reason. 

Yea, the dialogue window is pretty precious real-estate during sex scenes with multiple mods installed that want to print sex dialogue.  SG rape comments also lost the fight on my game.

That being said I have used SG for so long that I'd probably seen most of what that dialogue had to offer, and it's much more interesting to see attacker comments that actually have some gameplay effects when they demand something. 

I'm personally finding the combination of Apropos 2/STA demands/STA verbal player comments works really well for having lots of descriptions using different channels that don't compete with each other, as long as I don't mind my character being a bit insane when Apropos 2 and a masochistic PC are describing very different feelings about current events.

9 hours ago, Reesewow said:

I'm personally finding the combination of Apropos 2/STA demands/STA verbal player comments works really well for having lots of descriptions using different channels that don't compete with each other

Technically, it would be possible to make a dialog box that sits above the regular dialog box, or below it, that STA could use with relative safety, and that it would have exclusive access to. The mechanics in Apropos2 show exactly that - it's just that the Apropos2 box is not set up to position like that.

As for the quality of Apropos2 dialogs... It makes some very specific assumptions. I find that 90% of the time they don't hold for my game, and are jarringly inappropriate.

Particularly, when some mod sets the victim flag for sex you actually initiated (DiD, I'm looking at you) or doesn't set it for a rape.

Another thing it sort of ignores is repetition and experience in SexLab. When your character is grand master in all stats, and is with a partner of 48 times, it seems pretty lame to produce dialogs that suggest this is a first-time, one-off, sudden discovery of your sexual awareness. Honestly, that alone was enough for me to turn off Apropos2 and say goodbye to it. It's supposed to ADD atmosphere, not destroy it.

A sex-dialogs mod needs to look at more than just tags and the victim flag - but sadly, tags are often awful and the victim flag is mis-set rendering the task near impossible for the sex-dialog mod.

But such a mod needs to attend to:

• how often you've used that specific animation
  • your history with that partner
  • your sexual history overall
  • your current W&T state
  • your arousal
  • your "enjoyment" if you have SLSO

If the mod obtained (and where appropriate also tracked) that data, it could often compensate for poor tags or a mis-set victim flag.

I still think the best way is to avoid having to read altogether. Between apropos2 side dialog, subbed dialogue and notifications theres just too much reading to do at any one time. Not to talk about keeping an eye on the SLSO bars. You can quite often miss a line when all sources are firing like mad. And shouldn't you really be watching 'the action' instead of reading. So I think audio cues are the only way to go. 

If I can muddle together a couple of lines for MaleNord and FemaleNord and just see how it goes. 

Lately I've been finding the voiced comments from SLS to be far superior to subbed comments from other mods and I'm actually looking for a way to turn off subbed comments so that voiced lines play more often. Despite the voiced lines often not being as depraved as subbed lines. I find myself mostly ignoring subbed lines and not really reading them. 

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Lately I've been finding the voiced comments from SLS to be far superior to subbed comments from other mods and I'm actually looking for a way to turn off subbed comments so that voiced lines play more often. Despite the voiced lines often not being as depraved as subbed lines. I find myself mostly ignoring subbed lines and not really reading them. 

Yea, even heavily butchered comments feel like they have more impact when spoken.  The SLS comments are great, especially when they hijack vanilla dialogue we've all heard a million times and twists it to fit the mod.

STA has pretty much stopped activating in my playthrough, trying to use it with troubles of heroine but it doesn't trigger.  I thought it would be really nice addition to the "degrading" events of TOH; is there any way to get these to work together.   Shouldn't prostitution like events merit spanking?

20 minutes ago, marymuir2 said:

STA has pretty much stopped activating in my playthrough, trying to use it with troubles of heroine but it doesn't trigger.  I thought it would be really nice addition to the "degrading" events of TOH; is there any way to get these to work together.   Shouldn't prostitution like events merit spanking?

Are the scenes aggressive? Because spankings only triggers in rape scenes. Sometimes mods don't correctly flag a scene as rape. 

Also. Have you become a masochist? The mechanics switch around when you do. Read the mod page for details. 

8 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Are the scenes aggressive? Because spankings only triggers in rape scenes. Sometimes mods don't correctly flag a scene as rape. 

Also. Have you become a masochist? The mechanics switch around when you do. Read the mod page for details. 

Couldn't they be allowed to trigger in any kind of scene? If the player wants?

Can you clear this up? You only get spanked in rapes ... until you're a masochist, and then you only get spanked in consensual sex?

Sorry? It makes no sense.

Or can masochists be spanked in any scene already?

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Couldn't they be allowed to trigger in any kind of scene? If the player wants?

Can you clear this up? You only get spanked in rapes ... until you're a masochist, and then you only get spanked in consensual sex?

Sorry? It makes no sense.

Or can masochists be spanked in any scene already?

IIRC (and I probably don't at this stage), the intention was for player dialogue to work in both consensual and non consensual sex.

And for the spanking game to only activate in rape scenes as consensual spanking mechanics were never decided. Masochists and non masochists should both be triggering the spanking game as long as it's a rape scene but the mechanics change between masochism (wanting it really) and non masochist (never wanting it).

The change in mechanics between masochist and non masochist is detailed on the mod page. 

39 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

the intention was for player dialogue to work in both consensual and non consensual sex.

But by player dialogue, you mean stuff the PC says automatically?

I thought we established that the "speak" key only works during spanking scenes, which only activate in non-consensual scenes:

41 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

the spanking game to only activate in rape scenes as consensual spanking mechanics were never decided

So that means when you say "player dialogue" you don't mean the "speak" key, you mean automatic speech?

This brings up some uncertainty over a detail:

Do you consider non-consensual scenes to be:

• victim flag on PC
  • aggressive tag on scene
  • both required

Logically, it would be both right?

Though it seems dumb for a mod to put the victim flag on the player and then play a non-aggressive scene, it also seems possible as a result of filtering, etc.

8 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

But by player dialogue, you mean stuff the PC says automatically

Yea, I meant automatic dialogue. 

9 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

thought we established that the "speak" key only works during spanking scenes, which only activate in non-consensual scenes:

Speak key probably only active in rape scenes where the spank game has cleared the % check and started the spank game. 

Of course then, the context of the key changes depending on whether your a masochist or not: "I'm a stupid bitch" vs "hit me harder" etc. 

11 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

This brings up some uncertainty over a detail:

Do you consider non-consensual scenes to be:

• victim flag on PC
  • aggressive tag on scene
  • both required

Logically, it would be both right?

Though it seems dumb for a mod to put the victim flag on the player and then play a non-aggressive scene, it also seems possible as a result of filtering, etc.

I could be wrong but it's probably just the victim flag.