6 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

The whole consensual sex side of the mod isn't done so there's no way at the moment to ask to be spanked during that type of sex. 

As for male player characters. Mmm no plans really. I haven't played a male character in years thanks to mesmerizing HDT jiggly bodies. 

It's more for furniture IMO. Especially mining. Where you can't click the mine to 'shoo' the npc like you can with crafting equipment etc. 

Thanks for the quick reply and thanks for clearing that up have a good one

Hi there!  ?

So I have a couple of questions RE red bottoms and such

Is the intensity of the redness a linear progression to max intensity? (that is what it seems like)

if yes, is there a way to make it more progressive? like at 50% max spank threshold you have 80% overlay intensity. Or something along those lines... ?

Spoiler

image.png.e93e12a68e2509c0717f3c018d25445a.png

Another thing...

I am still trying to find the sweet spot for healing over time naturally VS using the balm

can you give me a better idea of how the aging percent variable works? 

Say Spanks to max intensity is set at 75

over an 8 hour period how many spanks will heal naturally at 90% age factor?

how many at 75%?

Also the Balm

the dissipation rate is a hard number, right?

So if I set it at 10 with a dissipation of 5 it would heal 

10 spanks the first hour

5 spanks the second hour 

and be gone by the 3rd?

and 10 with a dissipation at .5 would be

1st hr 10

2nd hr 9.5

3rd hr 9

4th hr 8.5

etc 

and basically be used up in 20 hours

is that correct?

I was getting a bunch of aggressive sex scenes in my last play session, and noticed a few details about how STA is handling them.

Firstly, an NPC will suggest that you speak if you want more pain ... in scenes where you cannot speak ... that fed into my previous confusion about whether my speak key was working or not.

If that little quirk were fixed, I think things would be less confusing.

Secondly, flickery dialog...

For a while I was thinking that this was STA conflicting with another mod producing the dialog.

The way I have my game configured at the moment, it's not - it appears to be STA conflicting with itself.

In most cases, in a scene where you can speak, the dialog is completely unreadable.

STA could stop the entire flicker thing from happening if it used a single shared dialog queue with timed guards to stop multiple dialogs trying to display at once - from STA at least.

While you can't easily know exactly how long a dialogue will stay up, you can get close.

I would guess the durations come from Fuz, and it seems plausible to approximate its calculations.

If this needs some C++ or something, I can help. 

In the case where you want to act immediately on the speak key, but can't show the dialog, you could apply the effect, and queue the words, the queue would ensure they weren't spoken until the preceding speech had stopped displaying.

If you create a "dialog queue" and put dialog performances into it, with approx durations, the queue manager can ensure only one dialog is spoken at once, and code that wants to speak doesn't have to manage delay handling.

Another work-around is for the NPC and PC to only use voiced dialog, so the subtitles don't matter?

10 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Is the intensity of the redness a linear progression to max intensity? (that is what it seems like)

It's been so long I barely remember. But it's convoluted. It's something like there's an spank/pain array. One for your ass and one for your breasts. When a spank happens the first element of the array is incremented. After an hour passes the array is shifted right and 0 is added to the 'current' element of the array. The array is weighted so that elements near the start of the array (recent spanks) count much more to pain/redness than elements further from the start. The intention was that recent spanks are more painful but spanks that happened 12 hours ago still linger. 

The balm, if I remember correctly, heals (decrements) a certain amount of the 'current spanks' in the array (first element) and has a chance every so often to heal spanks further down the array. Something like that. 

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

If you create a "dialog queue" and put dialog performances into it, with approx durations, the queue manager can ensure only one dialog is spoken at once, and code that wants to speak doesn't have to manage delay handling.

There are already queues if I remember right. Though there's one for the player and another for Npcs. A dialogue topic is added to a formlist and a magic effect applied to the target to get them to talk which pulls topics from the formlist and says them until the formlist is empty. 

There's a bug in skyrim's subtitle system. I've seen it a good few times now but I'm not sure what triggers it. Where a subtitle will just hang in the air indefinitely until the actor is unloaded. You can move far enough away from the Npc and it will disappear but if you get close enough again the same line will pop up again. Once this happens any sub that's played will flicker based on, I would guess, distance to the player. And since the it's the same Npc and the npc is the same distance away for both subs you get mad flickering. I suspect if the stuck sub would just fuck off (to put it technically), everything would be fine. The joys of it all. 

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

There are already queues if I remember right. Though there's one for the player and another for Npcs. A dialogue topic is added to a formlist and a magic effect applied to the target to get them to talk which pulls topics from the formlist and says them until the formlist is empty. 

I wonder if this doesn't work at all the way you want... Because it will be based on voice audio time, and there isn't any.

Fuz probably wasn't designed to handle this case where you're forcing the dialog, and so doesn't fix it?

There's clearly something amiss, as I get flickery dialog on every single sex scene where talking is allowed, but I don't get persisting dialog texts afterwards.

28 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I wonder if this doesn't work at all the way you want... Because it will be based on voice audio time, and there isn't any.

Fuz probably wasn't designed to handle this case where you're forcing the dialog, and so doesn't fix it?

There's clearly something amiss, as I get flickery dialog on every single sex scene where talking is allowed, but I don't get persisting dialog texts afterwards.

It looks like the minimum time between lines is 6.5 seconds + script proc time. 

Looks like I talked shit earlier. The queuing formlist is only for the player. Npc lines are still throttled to one at a time though via a InProc/NotInProc bool. 

Here is the script increased to 12 seconds minimum. 

_STA_DialogOutputNpc.pex

Hi there ?

I get why creatures in general don't spank during sex, but there are a couple of creature races that probably would. The two that come to mind right away are Falmer and Reiklings. 

would it be possible to get some creature races in on the spanking? 

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

lots of little red hand prints on that elf butt ?

Or a paddle, I imagine Reiklings using a paddle... Like two of them holding down the arms while a third... well, you know. (Now I just need to get FactoryClose or someone top make the animation!) ?

Spoiler

image.png.30adf6dcac75b7d7d539954a8a832ab7.png

3 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Or a paddle, I imagine Reiklings using a paddle... Like two of them holding down the arms while a third... well, you know. (Now I just need to get FactoryClose or someone top make the animation!)

Epic paint skillz! :)

I can feel the pain from here :P

15 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Or a paddle, I imagine Reiklings using a paddle... Like two of them holding down the arms while a third... well, you know. (Now I just need to get FactoryClose or someone top make the animation!) ?

They will break that paddle on that ass ?

12 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Epic paint skillz! :)

I can feel the pain from here :P

Just logged in to approve the idea:

???

On 2/13/2020 at 3:10 AM, Monoman1 said:

Here is the script increased to 12 seconds minimum. 

Is this change in the new version, or completely experimental?

On 2/13/2020 at 3:10 AM, Monoman1 said:

It looks like the minimum time between lines is 6.5 seconds + script proc time. 

Looks like I talked shit earlier. The queuing formlist is only for the player. Npc lines are still throttled to one at a time though via a InProc/NotInProc bool. 

They key thing is that you can't have player and NPC lines up at once - they need to share a queue.

If the NPCs use a bool and the PC has a queue, is the PC's queue blocked from putting to screen by NPC speaking?

If the two are in different scripts, it won't work, you'll just have threading races.

There needs to be a single point of decision, in a single thread.

I would suggest a threadsafe queue; a bit of a pain to make in Papyrus because you need a real mutex.

The only way to get such a mutex is to write it in C++. You cannot mutex with Papyrus itself, though many modders have deluded themselves this is possible, it's all just variants of the weak-locking anti-pattern and does not work. States have the exact same limitations, they are not a fix. You cannot 'wait' on a state.

SLAX has a real locking mechanism in it, but it's a bit odd due to how SLA was written originally.

I may change it.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Is that higher than 2x the configured max value by any chance?

I set my max debuff to 600, so that isn't even  max intensity. Somewhere around 50% intensity I basically have no mana or stamina pool. (my base stats are M 250 H 500 S 250 and they don't change as I level). Just before max intensity I hit the bottom cap on HP which is 50 no debuff can take below that only damage. 

To do that you have to save the setting then alter the Json file. 

so 6x the configured max ?

*Masochism is turn off btw, it is only debuff  

The cheap fiction for those that care... 

Spoiler

The idea is that at half of max my butt hurts so much that I cannot focus on altering reality via magic so no mana, and since I can't sit due to pain, I can't rest so I'm exhausted and have no stamina. 

The loss of Health is based on the D&D model that HP is not actual physical fortitude, but skill and ability to avoid damage. With so much pain I do not have the "will to continue fighting" so it takes less attacking to force me to yield. 

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Is this change in the new version, or completely experimental?

It's in the new version as well. 

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

They key thing is that you can't have player and NPC lines up at once - they need to share a queue.

Why? 

Npcs talk over each other all the time in vanilla skyrim. This appears to be a problem with a single Npc ?

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

This appears to be a problem with a single Npc ?

I think it has more to do with how you trigger the dialog.

I see Sexist Guards cause this issue, but very rarely.

Vanilla, OTOH, never causes it, but it doesn't sidestep the dialog system either. It has only hellos, regular dialogs, and scenes.

Does spanking cause damage? 

Sometimes when I am really low on health during sex scenes with spanking I will sustain an injury (Wildcat - Combat) That can put me in a ragdoll state. Needless to say going ragdoll during a sex scene is bad. Like superbad, like no way to recover bad. ?

So I am on a mission to figure out what is causing damage during sex, and so far my primary suspect is STA. 

On 2/24/2020 at 1:49 PM, Corsayr said:

Does spanking cause damage? 

I'm not aware of it.

AFAIK, it's an animation + sound effect + modification of some stats inside STA.

But to be sure, you'd need to look at the code, or hear from Monoman, but I can't see why you'd model it as an attack, there's no benefit.

SLD shouldn't ever cause a fall during sex, but there are other mods that make you fall, such as RND and Milk Addict.

DiD might have falling too, I can't recall without checking my MCM.