Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

1 hour ago, Dpstyle said:

when i did it (DL the archive and extract to MO folder) it wouldnt let me copy/overwrite the broken MO.exe in there, saying my Admin account didnt have the admin rights to do it.. thats why i ended up re-installing elsewhere

when i canceled the install it erased almost all of the mo2 install, just things i made myself were still there. 

On 7/29/2019 at 6:21 PM, Aylis said:

This thread is for Skyrim SE.

Also check the versions as your log says 'version 1.0':

1. Billy Version 1.8+

2. Leito Version 1.6+

add the truth enb , is have better skin/color and best performance

reduce shadow at 2048 /disable SAO,dof/len in game, din't use smp it eat fps

reduce grass at 70 , i get 60 fps now and it look good even in city 50-55 fps

I got tired of messing with Bathing in Skyrim and just disabled the be-near-water restriction in MCM. Just don't activate soap unless you're near water and your immersion will remain unblemished.

Ok, Nice to meet you all, i am still add some mods but there is still some confusing matter that maybe the creator can help me understand since i have being watching the videos tutorials as well and the plugins. Overtide, Dyndolod, the pluging and data (folder organizer) and the FNIS? All this is overwarming me and feel real lost in a massive ocean, because in a video tutorial say one things about storage folders and in another video tutorials say other things... :(

The biggest problem is that most of the tutorials are quite old. They are useful to get a 'feel' for the mod but i wouldn't follow them step by step anymore.

Another thing is that you use Vortex and some things are going to be different (and that is something i can't help you with). Also ask specific questions otherwise we can only guess where the problem is. ?

30 minutes ago, Aylis said:

The biggest problem is that most of the tutorials are quite old. They are useful to get a 'feel' for the mod but i wouldn't follow them step by step anymore.

Another thing is that you use Vortex and some things are going to be different (and that is something i can't help you with). Also ask specific questions otherwise we can only guess where the problem is. ?

I can use the MO2 the problem is that i feel overwarming following the video tutorials and your guide and get lost because you separated some topics like weather, weapoms, and etc etc etc and dont know how to follow the exacly rythm and do or order the plugs folders also how i must organize the directory folders download and mods folders?

Generally, the install and load order for this guide should follow line-by-line what you need to do. If you are adding additional mods, I try to place them in the same ballpark (like if I want a mod to add new equipment, I try to add it below where this guide lists its equipment mods). So start at the top and work your way down, checking the notes at the end when the guide mentions them.

In general, you shouldn't have to mess with directory structure at all. MO2 does all of that for you. The exception I can think of off the top of my head is that DynDOLOD has several folders that it doesn't want to operate in. I just say to hell with it and place it right in C:\. If for some reason you do need to get to the folder structure, you want to go to C:\Users\yournamehere\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\mods\the-name-of-the-mod-you-need-to-get-to. But, honestly, you probably shouldn't mess with this stuff.

Override kind of takes care of itself. MO2 puts it at the end of your mod list.

DynDOLOD is probably the most intimidating, but the tutorial video linked in the guide--while old--still does a good job of explaining everything. It looks much more complicated than it really is. Just make sure that you launch it from within MO2 and make sure to add the -sse argument to the launcher. This is pretty easy to figure out, but there are also videos that will help walk you through it if you need them.

FNIS is pretty simple. Just remember to have the correct version installed (SE, not Oldrim) and run it every time you add a mod that uses some sort of custom animation. If you forget to run it, the game will remind you very quickly when your character T-poses. Just quit the game and run it again.

2 hours ago, eidtelnvil said:

Generally, the install and load order for this guide should follow line-by-line what you need to do. If you are adding additional mods, I try to place them in the same ballpark (like if I want a mod to add new equipment, I try to add it below where this guide lists its equipment mods). So start at the top and work your way down, checking the notes at the end when the guide mentions them.

In general, you shouldn't have to mess with directory structure at all. MO2 does all of that for you. The exception I can think of off the top of my head is that DynDOLOD has several folders that it doesn't want to operate in. I just say to hell with it and place it right in C:\. If for some reason you do need to get to the folder structure, you want to go to C:\Users\yournamehere\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\mods\the-name-of-the-mod-you-need-to-get-to. But, honestly, you probably shouldn't mess with this stuff.

Override kind of takes care of itself. MO2 puts it at the end of your mod list.

DynDOLOD is probably the most intimidating, but the tutorial video linked in the guide--while old--still does a good job of explaining everything. It looks much more complicated than it really is. Just make sure that you launch it from within MO2 and make sure to add the -sse argument to the launcher. This is pretty easy to figure out, but there are also videos that will help walk you through it if you need them.

FNIS is pretty simple. Just remember to have the correct version installed (SE, not Oldrim) and run it every time you add a mod that uses some sort of custom animation. If you forget to run it, the game will remind you very quickly when your character T-poses. Just quit the game and run it again.

Thanks guys for the help and being patience with me :) I appreciate it.

@masterjt86

Also check the sections 'Tips and Tricks' and 'Recommended Settings'. I uploaded a few pics which should help during the whole process.

€: I almost forgot it. The groups are for easier troubleshooting and the addition or removal of mods. I've been using this method for years now and it makes everything easier in the long run. It does also help you to get the loadorder right without having to rely on tools for that.

Are you using a bash patch? I looked at doing so but it came back the "too many plugins" message and disabled some without adding them. I read that you need to do it two stages:

run bash, let it whinge and then disable all the pluigins it *hasn't*, then cancel / quit

re-run bash and it'll select everything. it needs to combine... allowing you to complete the process.

<edit: this was the text I found>

as long as your Non-bash-mergable mods dont add up to more than 255 then you're good. start it up, let it give you the warning, it will disable whatever is over the limit, then select rebuild patch. allow it to disable everything that it will merge, then cancel the patch, go back to your esp load, and go back and tick off all non mergeable mods in the left panel. now actually build the patch. works fine

Does this work? I'm reluctant to run it as I'd have to ensure I've noted every plugin I need to disable / enable and obviously worried I'd miss some.

1 hour ago, Tr_veller said:

Are you using a bash patch? I looked at doing so but it came back the "too many plugins" message and disabled some without adding them. I read that you need to do it two stages:

run bash, let it whinge and then disable all the pluigins it *hasn't*, then cancel / quit

re-run bash and it'll select everything. it needs to combine... allowing you to complete the process.

<edit: this was the text I found>

as long as your Non-bash-mergable mods dont add up to more than 255 then you're good. start it up, let it give you the warning, it will disable whatever is over the limit, then select rebuild patch. allow it to disable everything that it will merge, then cancel the patch, go back to your esp load, and go back and tick off all non mergeable mods in the left panel. now actually build the patch. works fine

Does this work? I'm reluctant to run it as I'd have to ensure I've noted every plugin I need to disable / enable and obviously worried I'd miss some.

Did you download the latest WIP build for bash?

One Last Thing i download and install the game in my F Storage, my concern and worry is the directories that are explain in the video configuration for the download, Mods, Overwrite? Any advice in what kind of folder make to have everything in order? Example Modding Utilities and inside Downloads, Mods, Overwrite, etc etc etc in the video tutorial that Aylis update still get me confuse, I know that everything is manage in the Data folder in the game but still there are some blurry things in my head speaking of the MO2 :( I down wanna scrwed everything or do the things wrongly..

45 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@Tr_veller

Nope, never needed to do that. So i can't help with that.

Okay, just wondered if you had to relieve the plugin load

39 minutes ago, Hippeus said:

Did you download the latest WIP build for bash?

Think so, I'll need to check... are you saying the limit has been removed now?

@masterjt86

You're overthinking it too much. ?

The only change to the folderstructure i'd recommend is making a separation in the mods folder (aka .../mods/Fallout 4 and .../mods/Skyrim SE). The tools can be installed wherever you like. You just have to remember where you put them. ?

20 minutes ago, Tr_veller said:

Okay, just wondered if you had to relieve the plugin load

Think so, I'll need to check... are you saying the limit has been removed now?

Yeah the latest WIP versions removed the limit as it now supports esl flag files. Downside is you can’t merge patch no more with it. Not that matters anyhow as most patches are esl flag now. Also there is always zMerge anyhow.

4 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@masterjt86

The only change to the folderstructure i'd recommend is making a separation in the mods folder (aka .../mods/Fallout 4 and .../mods/Skyrim SE). The tools can be installed wherever you like. You just have to remember where you put them. ?

It gives me an Idea, Thank you Really :)

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

@masterjt86

Why I cant drag a rar folder into the download area of the MO2 program to extract it? Is it prohibited now?

http://prntscr.com/ootl0n

9 hours ago, masterjt86 said:

One Last Thing i download and install the game in my F Storage, my concern and worry is the directories that are explain in the video configuration for the download, Mods, Overwrite? Any advice in what kind of folder make to have everything in order? Example Modding Utilities and inside Downloads, Mods, Overwrite, etc etc etc in the video tutorial that Aylis update still get me confuse, I know that everything is manage in the Data folder in the game but still there are some blurry things in my head speaking of the MO2 :( I down wanna scrwed everything or do the things wrongly..

Downloads is where mo2 stores any files it downloads from nexus using their links, however if you already have a directory where you store your downloaded mods, you can change the mo2 download directory to point to that location in mo2's settings in which case it will use that location to store any file it downloads and it will see any you already have there.  If you download mods from other sites, here or what ever you can then copy and paste those files into mo2's downloads directory and mo2 will see them straight off.

Overwrite is basically mo2's temporary directory where it stores the out put of any programs or such it runs, the first time for example you run fnis then its output will end up in the overwrite folder, that output should then be made into its own mod by left clicking on the overwrite and creating a new mod, then activating the new mod, your overwrite should apart from when updating or changing things be always empty.

If you ever used mo on oldrim then the operations are pretty much the same, and quite a few of the oldrim mo guides still are valid for mo2.