Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

12 hours ago, Kythana said:

@denba666

Yep. Otherwise i'd mention it.

How many main files are there?

C'mon. Just open a second tab and simply compare the group 'Weapons and Armor' to his list… In the case we need a patch there is one available (i made sure of that ?).

Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry for these dumb questions.

2 hours ago, denba666 said:

Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry for these dumb questions.

There are no dumb questions - only dumb answers…

And sometimes you just overlook the easy answers (Shit happens ?).

13 minutes ago, SeraDomiCher said:

Ok, apparently I'm a dunce, because I CANNOT wrap my head around the DynDOLOD installation instructions and requirements. Is it absolutely required for this list to work, or am I fine without it?

It will work without DynDOLOD. But you have to check the description of the mods as there was one or two that rely on DynDOLOD.

But if all goes well i'll be adding the first entry for 'Advanced' within the next 24 hours (including a step-by-step guide).

Updating Status to 'Release 1.4.0'.

I managed to find a way massively improve the trees, reduce the loading time and the required space of the game. Back to removing files that are not required anymore and adding their replacements.

You will have to rerun DynDOLOD (i'll add a pic for the settings) and give you a list which options to choose for some of the mods. ?

REMOVED mods:

Noble Skyrim Mod HD-2K                                                  - Not required anymore. (Done)

Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE                         - Not required anymore. (Done)

Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE                                                  - Not required anymore. (Done)

Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE Update                                     - Not required anymore. (Done)

Winter Aspen Billboards                                                     - Not required anymore. (Done)

Lush Forests of the Rift SE - An aspen tree overhaul        - Not required anymore. (Done)

Lush Forests Overhaul SFO LOD                                      - Not required anymore. (Done)
TREES ADDON SE                                                            - Not required anymore. (Done)

TREES ADDON SE Billboards                                           - Not required anymore. (Done)

Better Textures - Vanilla Trees                                           - Not required anymore. (Done)

DynDOLOD Scripts                                                              - Not required anymore. (Done)

DynDOLOD Patches                                                            - Not required anymore. (Done)

Metalsabers Beautiful Vampires of Skyrim                         - Facegen problems. (Done)

Added Mods

Reach Tree Replacer SSE                                                - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

Reach Tree Replacer SSE - Billboards                             - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

Reach Tree Replacer SSE - DynDoLOD Ultra Tree Lod  - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

Enhanced Vanilla Trees                                                    - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

Billboards Generator for Enhanced Vanilla Trees             - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

EVT ESP for SSE                                                              - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

Enhanced Landscapes                                                      - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

Skyrim Flora Overhaul Cut                                                - to 'Advanced'. (Done)

Skyrim 3D Plants Cut                                                        - to 'Advanced'. (Done)

CC Arcane Accessories                                                    - to 'Working'. (Done)

Skyrim Water Flow Fix                                                        - to 'Final'. (Done)

Improved Wet and Cold Water Drips                                - to 'Override'. (Done)

Added instructions:

Enhanced Vanilla Trees                                                     - to 'Recommended Settings'. (Done)

New picture for the settings of DynDOLOD                       - to 'Tips and Tricks'. (Done)

Added file:

INI with the required settings for DynDOLOD (copy that to '…/DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD')

DynDOLOD SSE Ini.7z

This is amazing work! I've toyed with the idea of running the SSE but had always held off doing it. When it comes to the sexlab animations how well do they work? Do you have collisions with everything? Looks like I have a long load list to do after installing the game.  Did you use Gamerpoets tutorial to set up the ini files for the game after the initial start? If not has that been posted someplace and I just missed it during my skim through this posting?

58 minutes ago, Zinmar said:

This is amazing work! I've toyed with the idea of running the SSE but had always held off doing it. When it comes to the sexlab animations how well do they work? Do you have collisions with everything? Looks like I have a long load list to do after installing the game.  Did you use Gamerpoets tutorial to set up the ini files for the game after the initial start? If not has that been posted someplace and I just missed it during my skim through this posting?

"most" of what you will need is listed within the first 7-9 posts. There are a few files scattered throughout but they are mostly mods I or others have added to our own load order. Because i am a nexus freebie i'm capped at the 1mb DL speed, as such most of these took me about 14 hours to download (most of the 2k textures were not downloaded either) and install. to tweak stuff so it all played nicely? i think it was about a week before i got to any even semi serious playthrough (i have roughly 15 mods that do not appear on kythana's list at all) I'm still just randomly deleting PC and starting a new one. Just to try this questline from the start of the game or whatnot. I'm currently playing with FO4 but i believe i have less than half the texture replacers, and a few added like Apropos, Paragon Jewlery, toe rings, black rose armor, Nymph girls of skyrim, forest nymphs, A decently working version of player succubus quest (no horns or tails, or tattoos) so don't take this list as all inclusive, it's just to get skyrim very pretty, and give you a little wiggle room for stuff you want (and who doesn't love 3' little women with chain lightning bad enough to kill a dragon in 3 shots.)

You removed the Noble Skyrim 2K mod but left the Noble's SMIM patch ? The other texture mods covers as much stuff that Noble does, so it's not needed anymore ?

(Btw that's an amazing guide that helped me a lot to understand how modding works in Skyrim, keep the good job ?)

@Vlnd

This 'patch' (looks more like a complete pack) is, combined with the non optional mods, covering every texture in the game. So i managed to remove around 5 GB from the gamefolder. Next step is working on the batchfile again to remove even more unnecessary files. ?

@Zinmar

I only changed a few settings for 'Verdant' and 'RIS'. That's all...

Uploaded file:

As the cache of DynDOLOD has to be emptied before a run i created a batch for MO2 so it is easier. Just drop it into DynDOLOD (where the executables are) and add it to your list in MO2. One click and the old cached files are gone.

Clean_DynDOLOD.bat 

Having a lot of CTDs after this update, as well as pop-in that wasn't present before. Enhanced Landscapes seems to be the culprit. Also it does this:

Everything to the right of the straight line running pretty much from Windhelm to Riften is from Quality World Map. Everything to the left is from who knows where. Were there any options during the Enhanced Landscapes install that you purposefully did or didn't take?

ScreenShot1.png

@eidtelnvil

Looks more like you missed something. In my game there are no clouds on the map. I'll add an entry in 'Recommended Settings' for EL. (Done)

Random CTD are usually memory related. The ones happening at specific locations are meshes, facegen, skeleton or DynDOLOD. 

Looks like i finally got the best settings for 'DynDOLOD'. Will update the picture. (Done)

With the exception of the three trees from Vurt all trees now got a 3D LOD. No pop-in anymore and also no abrupt changes when you get closer. A few FPS get lost this way, but it is imho totally worth it.

Spoiler

Ivarstead

ScreenShot489.png.26dc58ac029cf04f6fdde7b7ff3d2cea.png

Lake

ScreenShot490.png.3a818cba0aef00260bf83b115436fbbb.png

Looking out of Windhelm

ScreenShot491.png.505e9cae1ca44d94c9c6add425bc53f8.png

@Kythana

That fixed it for the most part. Not sure which option in EL it was, but going with the ones in your picture fixed the map issue. Still getting random crashes. Might be related to Enhanced Vanilla Trees eating up memory. I'll try to tone it down some. Thanks!

13 hours ago, eidtelnvil said:

@Kythana

That fixed it for the most part. Not sure which option in EL it was, but going with the ones in your picture fixed the map issue. Still getting random crashes. Might be related to Enhanced Vanilla Trees eating up memory. I'll try to tone it down some. Thanks!

Either try a setting of '256' as 'Max tile Size' or lower the overall setting to 'Medium'. Both reduce memory usage and might help.

Finally managed to fix the bug with water near Solitude and another one caused by 'Sexlab Parasites'. I'll be adding following mods to post #956:

Skyrim Water Flow Fix (Fixes the water)

Improved Wet and Cold Water Drips (Better texture for 'Wet and Cold')

Started to rework the 'Screenshot' section...

I was able to more-or-less work around it. But I think my saves have been put through the wringer too often and I've decided to put on my big boy pants and start over using MO2.

@eidtelnvil

Check if the other mod manager stored the compressed files somewhere (then you can add them to MO2). Redownloading the files will take some time...

Updated the list for the new Devious Devices AIO. This will make the installation 'a bit' easier and you only have to download one file instead of five (three parts plus two add ons).

The typo (sorry for that) for the installation of the option 'SKSE 2.0.15 runtime 1.5.73' is already fixed and on its way.

'Go to Bed' got updated. So it is safe to use again. ?

Updating Status to 'Final Release 1.4.1'.

If no further bugs show up this is the final version. You requested it several times, so you'll get a rework of the NPC (without turning them into dolls or beauty queens ?). But this also means that i have to rearrange quite a few files and i really hope you're using MO2.

You will NOT have to rerun DynDOLOD. ?

Renamed group 'NPC and Creatures' to 'Creatures'. (Done)

Added group 'NPC'. (Done)

Moved mods:

Better Looking Vampires For BVFE                            - to 'NPC'. (Done)

The Men of Winter                                                       - to 'NPC'. (Done)
Lakeview Manor Bard Replacer Lynette                     - to 'NPC'. (Done)

RS Children Overhaul                                                 - to 'NPC'. (Done)

Immersive Weapon Integration SE RS Children         - to 'NPC'. (Done)

Cicero Female SE                                                       - to 'NPC'. (Done)

Valerica SSE v1.7.2                                                    - to 'NPC'. (Done)

Vampire Facial Reclamation SSE                               - to 'NPC'. (Done)

The Eyes Of Beauty SSE NPC                                   - to 'NPC'. (Done)

Improved Eye Reflections and Cube Map                   - to 'NPC'. (Done)

All versions of 'Serana'                                                - to 'NPC'. (Done)

REMOVED mods:

Aesthetic Eilisef                                                           - Not required anymore. (Done)

More Yellow Mountain Flowers                                   - Causes some visual bugs. (Done)

Added Mods

Immersive Weapon Integration FaceGen Files           - to 'NPC'. (Done)

Heavy Legion SSE Patches                                        - to 'NPC'. (Done)

Pandorable's NPCs                                                     - to 'NPC'. (Done)

Pandorable's NPCs SE - black face fix                       - to 'NPC'. (Done)

Pandorable's NPCs - Dawnguard                               - to 'NPC'. (Done)

Pandorable's NPCs - Dawnguard - Grey face fix SE  - to 'NPC'. (Done)

Pandorable's NPCs - Dawnguard - Patches               - to 'NPC'. (Done)

Pandorable's Serana                                                   - to 'NPC'. (Done)

So far i'm running:

469 active mods

22 ESM

203 ESP

42 ESL

So there is still room for ~30 more ESP (which i don't intend to fill up ?) even if you don't merge some of them.

Now i'll be reworking the screenshot section (got to replace 'some' pictures) and actually play the game myself...

19 minutes ago, Rey_Vegeta said:

CTD when starting the game right after bethesda logo. DOn´t have any clue what may cause it (yet).

How many animations do you have? This sounds like a bunch too many...

More than 12000-14000 usually causes this.

Hi Kythana! How r u?
I've almost finished following your guide, but I've just saw there are new mods to be installed! lol
So, I have a few questions.
The first one is about the armor meshes that are available on the files section.
I've installed the meshes but there's no bounce animation while wearing any armor. One example are the prisioner rags. Is this supposed to be like that?
Second question (a noob one to be honest). Are the body meshes included in this file or there are only armor meshes? Should I build any meshes on the bodyslide app if I install this file?
And last but not least. I am a new user of sexlab and I am having difficulties configuring all these MCM menus. Any advices from you guys?
Thanks in advance.

@denba666

1. The meshes alone won't help. You need to configure CBPC too with the MCM. Otherwise nothing will happen.

2. It is all included. So far only the 'Devious Devices' have to be rerun as there was a update for the bodyslide files.

3. Just configure 'Defeat' as the last one in the MCM and deactivate the spit of the Chaurus in 'Parasites' (if that gets triggered you're usually toast). And take a close look at 'One with Nature'. I've used that one to get a more realistic behaviour of animals.

For the rest you have to decide for yourself.

4 hours ago, denba666 said:

Hi Kythana! How r u?
I've almost finished following your guide, but I've just saw there are new mods to be installed! lol
So, I have a few questions.
The first one is about the armor meshes that are available on the files section.
I've installed the meshes but there's no bounce animation while wearing any armor. One example are the prisioner rags. Is this supposed to be like that?
Second question (a noob one to be honest). Are the body meshes included in this file or there are only armor meshes? Should I build any meshes on the bodyslide app if I install this file?
And last but not least. I am a new user of sexlab and I am having difficulties configuring all these MCM menus. Any advices from you guys?
Thanks in advance.

i will add in it usually a good idea to just re-run bodyslide when you add in armor mods, unless you take the time to break them into groups for runs like kythana did (overachiever ?) and since there are many settings to sexlab and mods, it's really up to you to decide what you want out of it, beastality? make sure you turn on creature support in sexlab, want to submit to that pack of wolves, make sure defeat is set up to allow it. DCL (deviously cursed loot) activates to much for my taste at 10% (every single chest has a 1 in 10 chance) mine was actually turned down to 3% and i still couldn't get through a single dungeon without either A) getting a beat down because my bow was (dropped) or fucked by the entire dungeon.

That being said, Save SAVE SAVE while you are doing your setups. just before you enter bleak falls barrow make a save. play with the settings, run through it, if you want it to do more of this or that, reload and rerun, until it activates the way you want. You can make that your start save for many other char. just open the console change the char name and its a whole new char save path. so you can name your beginning "test" and when you have the right setup on your mods, name that the char name you want.