Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Just a note, there's been new releases for "Simply XXX Weapons" for Dragonbone and Orcish. I added them and they look pretty nice and clean. The armor sets were updated recently, so check that out too.

Fertility Mode v3 fixes and Tweaks was also updated which, if you're like me, you may have noticed your character's fertility being stuck and no NPCs being tracked, so this update fixed that issue on my end.

I've also got a few question for anyone knowledgeable, what are some good animation mods for expanding combat? I tried CGO, but a few of the anims from the pack in the OP (Diverse Equipment Idle) made some weapons behave oddly. I'm mostly interested in features like switching grips, allowing for casting with 2h, and dual wield block. Is there anything else that does that? 

On 4/24/2021 at 9:38 AM, Thardrim said:

I'll tell you what I added to the list once it was completed. I use this particular order to make it work (otherwise it won't work, at least for me).

Reveal hidden contents

360 Walk and Run Plus

Dual Wield Blocking for Idiots

Dual Wield Attack Power Forward Replacer

Smart NPC Potions

Violens - A Killmove Mod

Wildcat

Ultimate Combat (it works with FNIS Creatures installed... I don't know why it says it doesn't in the page. Probably because we are running also Nemesis... I have no idea, but it works for me).

Attack Commitment Speed Fluid

Archery Gameplay Overhaul

A side note. I had to move Movement Behavior Overhaul and Jump Behavior Overhaul after FNIS Output and right before Nemesis Output in order to make them work. Otherwise they wouldn't work for me.

Also, you may want to take out Casual Bow Animation from the list, because it gets redundant with AGO.

You can put them in the list in Physics and Animations section. Right before HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics). It works for me that way. There is some overlapping between some of these mods, but you can sort it out using the MCM's. I tried many different positions between them in the list and this is the one that works for me.

Remember that many of them have animations and also patches that you have to activate in FNIS and Nemesis. (Activate the patch for AGO in FNIS, but don't use the patch for Nemesis that you can download optionally in Nexus. With this patch, AGO doesn't work for me).

Remember, don't add anything to Aylis' List until you got it right and working. Then you'll know that if you encounter any problem, it comes from anything you have added. It will save you from a few headaches. I tell you from my own experience... ?

I hope this helps.

This is what I use and how I use it. About CGO (that can change wield), I tried it and I just don't like it. It behaves very oddly in my opinion, and the separation between torso animations and legs looks really weird and out of place for my taste.

On 4/25/2021 at 6:51 AM, Fakenet said:

Something in this setup absolutely eats GPU and therefore frames.

I can't figure it out myself, it's not the HD textures.

You'd have to have more money than sense to be able to run this, right now.

I guess I'll have to not bother setting up Skyrim for a few years.

A few things you can try to get frames. Re-do the initialization of the launcher. set it as LOW on settings. You're going to replace 99% of the textures anyway, along with your antialiasing etc. 

Spoiler

image.png.0f32f99db7b036d6c6b547dd6dd7a43e.png

shut all that off, (yes mine says ultra, i'm also using dual 2070's) Are you running anything like the evga precision x? You can't run it while you're playing this (i can't anyway, it eats just enough ram i drop to 8-10 frames in combat, shutting that off makes it act normal.) 

60 frames is Skyrims upper limit (so to speak) you can get better frames in combat by stepping down things like decals (not body tattoos, it's the effects you see on the ground, walls, NPCs etc from magic) Since I DO use profile specific ini settings 

Spoiler

image.png.26e7e3f44f4fe69a003e33a127e57551.png

This is stuff you might need to tweak for you, These are mine and i have to have the limiter turned on to keep it at 60) Turning things on and off in the shaders can help as well (SHIFT+ENTER) 

16 hours ago, Aylis said:

Master?

*turns around*

Where?

True. But it can backfire spectaculary. ;)

Thats exactly why i hated DD so much. I was very happy when i could remove it.

@All

For those interested in FO4. You can start to download the first 5 8 groups (the orange line is where you should stop) of my Fallout IV for Beginners. I'll continuously update the guide within the next few days (thankfully the worst part is already done).

I have a friend that loves playing FO4 but has a small child, can those mods that aren't kid friendly be marked please? 

@ascendentkunglao

Check the last entry of the 'Status Update'. There's one i'm considering to add.

@jaeos

Then i'd have to mark every single entry. ;)

But seriously, the whole game with all the blood and gore isn't for small children. Especially with all the textures that make it even more obvious.

Btw. more than 50% done.

25 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@ascendentkunglao

Check the last entry of the 'Status Update'. There's one i'm considering to add.

@jaeos

Then i'd have to mark every single entry. ;)

But seriously, the whole game with all the blood and gore isn't for small children. Especially with all the textures that make it even more obvious.

Btw. more than 50% done.

nah, he plays cod etc and his dad has no issues with it, just the sex stuff is what he would be worried about, the kids got skyrim on xbox (i think or a ps4) 

@jaeos

That's easy. Don't use my (upcoming) predone bodyslides and skip the group LL.

23 hours ago, Aylis said:

@All

For those interested in FO4. You can start to download the first 5 8 11 groups (the orange line is where you should stop) of my Fallout IV for Beginners. I'll continuously update the guide within the next few days (thankfully the worst part is already done).

There's no 'orange line' anymore...

38 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis New update to SSE Display Tweaks is kinda ... fucky. I'm not a fan. Puts it in a weird windowed mode. I rolled back to the old version. Probably worth taking a look at. Author explains changes here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34705?tab=posts

Not sure what to make of it. They are talking a lot about G-Sync. But i don't own a card from NVidia so i can't really test that.

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

Not sure what to make of it. They are talking a lot about G-Sync. But i don't own a card from NVidia so i can't really test that.

Yeah. I do have an Nvidia card and monitor that both support G-Sync and I've never noticed any tearing with the old version. Maybe if someone didn't put an FPS cap? But I'm just guessing there. I have full faith the author knows what they're doing (and has more knowledge about than I certainly do), but I just really don't dig the default bordered window and am far too lazy to fiddle with it.

7 hours ago, Aylis said:

Can confirm what wollboi said, theres no tearing/missing frames in the old version, (own an asus monitor and a RTX3070) , the new version have some weird stuff, i tried to fix it meedling with files but it didnt work, had to roll back. Maybe is meant for an older gpu? i have a 1050TI on a box and another pc that i use to work, i will test it later and see how it goes.

Pd: Installed Rally's Civil War Document Tubes, works just as intended. 

11 hours ago, Varithina said:

The entire game then as it is flagged as PEGI 18+, therefore non of it is small child friendly.

I would agree that he's to young for all the violence etc, but he's not my child, and since his parent has deemed it is ok for him to view violence and curse words PEGI has no standing. 

6 minutes ago, Folgar said:

So there's a black box with my health bar in the top left corner, anyone know what could be causing that?

A screenshot hidden in a spoiler tag (the eye) would be useful. Off the top of my head though it's something in your UI

17 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Any idea why my game freaked out and started just spinning my character around into oblivion like the physics engine freaked out.

I've had that happen alot recently. Like every time i'm changing cells near water (morthal) 

@Aylis I just found out that the default reference skeleton that Bodyslide uses is different from the one provided by "Better Female for XPMSSE". I wonder if I build bodyslide using female skeleton from XPM would result in any difference?

Just want to ask if you know anything about reference skeleton because my google skill fails me on this one.

@1001nights Do you have any problem with npc faces, I see that prostitution mod also edit some npcs facegen?  After checking with xEdit, some NPC will have their High Poly Overhaul edit reverted

@Aylis Im sorry for bothering once more, but.. i remade all the tools (terain lod, tex gen, dyndolod, Ambiet oclusion) because since i started following this guide i feel like the trees feel wrong? I mean up close and in the woods they look really good (extremely good) but from a bit far they look strange? like theres something wrong with the lod, it could be just me since i have a problem in the way i see colors, but i still feel that something its wrong just by looking at your screenshots. 

I tried to solve it on my own swapping the options on the mod page of Enhanced Vanilla Trees (tried all 3 main files: vanilla, custom large, the other custom large) , with the same outcome each time, i made sure that every tool was properly configurated and also made sure to clean cache each time, the only thing i changed was the size of the LODS texture (on both Dyndolod and texgen) to 2048, nothing else... or it could be just me as i said avobe, it would be great if you just confirmed if theres something wrong or its just me, and sorry for bothering you, really, but im out of ideas.

Judge by yourself: (in the pics i was using the custom large option since thats what i have installed right now but as i said on all options they feel the same, i just cant re run the tools since i have work) (btw, do i need to Rerun Terrain LOD, Texgen, Dyndolod, AO, or *just* terrain lod each time i change trees?) 

Spoiler

1468982318_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_04.29-16_51.20_51.png.b366f758a91909f780cdd4ee7ff6d762.png

Spoiler

826050980_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_04.29-17_06_03_18.png.ae46702057d298b3b771e4f2c6f60891.png

Spoiler

997036429_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_04.29-17_10_26_79.png.880ebd103da24a6489d3a4b95d2fd5f5.png

(i marked what i think looks wrong with arrows.. the tree and general area)

If you tell me that its just me and im literally seeing things then sorry for wasting your time, thanks again for the guide. and sorry bothering you.?

2 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

@Aylis I just found out that the default reference skeleton that Bodyslide uses is different from the one provided by "Better Female for XPMSSE". I wonder if I build bodyslide using female skeleton from XPM would result in any difference?

Just want to ask if you know anything about reference skeleton because my google skill fails me on this one.

@1001nights Do you have any problem with npc faces, I see that prostitution mod also edit some npcs facegen?  After checking with xEdit, some NPC will have their High Poly Overhaul edit reverted

Yeah. My simple solution is just to install the Gigolo/Prostitution Mod just before the npc mods and the mods which change taverns etc.  (JK's) and just moving the esp on the right side down. With that, every standard entry will be overwritten with your npc/location mods but you can still enjoy that sweet mod without messing with xEdit.

Of course you can copy those entries yourself into the esp of the gigolo mod, but i dont trust myself enough to NOT destroy anything else lol

16 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff

Can't really tell from the pics. It should look like this (i include a screenshot of the map):

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot1595.jpg.cbbd7009b900ee7aaffafc673fda3da8.jpg

ScreenShot1594.jpg.a6f3e120dbcdf434c0e10fe4e90530ea.jpg

ScreenShot1593.jpg.d07227e45a2231e73b769a14b1aca9bc.jpg

I guess its just me then, i still see something on some of the trees in comparison to yours, but it could be just me, im color blind to certain degrees. For me they lack deph, like again, if the lod was wrong. Im used to people telling me im in the wrong and just seeing things so i totally will belive you if you say that.

But theres defenitly an extra tree on my screen that its not in yours tho
And the water haves a weird reflection (changed the weather and time and it still had it, the white line near the shore, its preset even at night)

thanks again for your help man, im sorry.  

Spoiler

1652760165_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_04.29-19_41_09_34.png.639717ebc96bbfc9cc171994a0c577f0.png

Edit: So i think i fixed most of my problems with the trees, they still look a bit iffy for me but im sure thats just me now, the only problem i have left its the weird glow/reflection at the shore on lakes, besides that i think its all good? i may swap back to large lush trees out of preference, but nothing else.

Spoiler

1617550586_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_04.30-11_11_15_29.png.1d2c34f39f592e6df0579da928b51b8d.png

Spoiler

227806223_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_04.30-11_13_13_94.png.66c2fa19b1873133a7f3a34d88e5be9e.png