Gateway errors?

Krojester

Screenshot_2019-03-15 Attention Required Cloudflare.png

I'm consistently getting this error whenever I hit the final submit button of a new file. (3-4 tries over days)

But I see some other people have sucessfully uploaded a new file some hours ago, so I want to know if this issue is a temporary site-wide problem or something very bad on my side?

• 5 months later...

Has anyone had any luck in resolving 500 and derivative errors? I have been trying to update the thread I created for some time now, and it just won't let me. Everytime I update the thread, Error 504: Gateway time-out nulls any changes I have made, effectively making any updates and changes impossible. Over, and over, and over, and over, Error 504.........

23 hours ago, ThanatosDXE said:

Has anyone had any luck in resolving 500 and derivative errors? I have been trying to update the thread I created for some time now, and it just won't let me. Everytime I update the thread, Error 504: Gateway time-out nulls any changes I have made, effectively making any updates and changes impossible. Over, and over, and over, and over, Error 504.........

I have found that logging out of the site, clearing the LL cookies, then logging back in usually fixes the problem.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, Reginald_001 said:

I have found that logging out of the site, clearing the LL cookies, then logging back in usually fixes the problem.

Thank you for your response, and I apologize for the late reply. Been rather busy with other projects.

It unfortunately doesn't appear to solve my issue that when I try to update the thread, I get Error 504 without fail, and once there, if I open another window and log out of LL, while leaving the window with the update on the thread open, and then log back in, if I refresh the thread update window, it nulls any changes I made, once again, making updating the thread impossible......../sigh.

Anyway, I have decided, since it is clear the LL servers aren't going to be in the least helpful, to start a new archive somewhere else and simply link the dang thing in the thread. Though it is going to take a bit of time to fully update everything......yet again.

7 hours ago, ThanatosDXE said:

Thank you for your response, and I apologize for the late reply. Been rather busy with other projects.

It unfortunately doesn't appear to solve my issue that when I try to update the thread, I get Error 504 without fail, and once there, if I open another window and log out of LL, while leaving the window with the update on the thread open, and then log back in, if I refresh the thread update window, it nulls any changes I made, once again, making updating the thread impossible......../sigh.

Anyway, I have decided, since it is clear the LL servers aren't going to be in the least helpful, to start a new archive somewhere else and simply link the dang thing in the thread. Though it is going to take a bit of time to fully update everything......yet again.

If you are talking about this thread:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/119279-9damao-and-baidu-download-request-thread/

Then the most likely answer is that you are way over the allowed data per post.  The system software gets really funky when you have a massive amount of pictures, text and links in one post.  Generally the first thing that goes is the ability to edit the post, which sounds like what you are experiencing.  For now, there is no known fix other than to reduce the size of the post and split off content into posts below it.

If you want to me to help with that, just PM me.

Cheers,

Greg

21 minutes ago, gregathit said:

If you are talking about this thread:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/119279-9damao-and-baidu-download-request-thread/

Then the most likely answer is that you are way over the allowed data per post.  The system software gets really funky when you have a massive amount of pictures, text and links in one post.  Generally the first thing that goes is the ability to edit the post, which sounds like what you are experiencing.  For now, there is no known fix other than to reduce the size of the post and split off content into posts below it.

If you want to me to help with that, just PM me.

Cheers,

Greg

Thank you for your help, gregathit. And yes, I was aware that the number of images and data allowed was the cause of the slowing down of the thread editing, to the point it would meet an Error 504 without fail, so I had been trying to erase all the images and instead provide them as links, as well as updating all the broken 9dm links, but everytime I would try to change anything and save the changes, Error 504 would faceplant my efforts.

So in the end, I had opted to instead go for a seemingly more efficient route and establish the archive in MEGA, and provide the link in the front page.

Of course, without actually being able to edit the thread, well..........I might just take you on your offer to PM and hopefully reach a conclusion to this issue.

Archived