On 2/26/2024 at 3:42 AM, Himberito said:

Uh question... whats the code for the shock collar.....

This has been asked before and answered before. I can understand that you don't want to read 66 pages, but is has been asked on the same page, literally 8 posts above your post.

7 hours ago, Kharos said:

@BBDannyR @Parahedronix  Please check that the mod is installed correctly - the fact that basic things do not seem to work for you might poinr to an incomplete installation of the mod. You should have used the installer with a mod manager, and it should be visible in MCM.

How exactly do I install it with Vortex or smth? Pretty sure that requires mods to be downloaded from Nexus. However I do remember something about "install external mods with Vortex" blah blah. Okay, I'll try again.

1 hour ago, Parahedronix said:

How exactly do I install it with Vortex or smth? Pretty sure that requires mods to be downloaded from Nexus. However I do remember something about "install external mods with Vortex" blah blah. Okay, I'll try again.

In Vortex's Mods view, there's a drop target near the bottom of the window. Drag the mod from your browser or Downloads folder to that drop target, then set it to enabled and deploy like any other mod in Vortex. You absolutely do not have to download mods from Nexus in order to use Vortex, it just happens to have some convenient linking in Nexus, that's all.

Thank you

6 hours ago, vaultbait said:

In Vortex's Mods view, there's a drop target near the bottom of the window. Drag the mod from your browser or Downloads folder to that drop target, then set it to enabled and deploy like any other mod in Vortex. You absolutely do not have to download mods from Nexus in order to use Vortex, it just happens to have some convenient linking in Nexus, that's all.

It worked :DDDDDDDDDDDD

On 2/28/2024 at 8:20 PM, Kharos said:

@BBDannyR @Parahedronix  Please check that the mod is installed correctly - the fact that basic things do not seem to work for you might poinr to an incomplete installation of the mod. You should have used the installer with a mod manager, and it should be visible in MCM.

I used Mod Organizer 2 to install it. I also have F4SE. I believe it's version 0.6.23. And since the FourPlay is included in the installer, it should install automatically using MO2 right?

Other similar mods that I think might be conflicting are Devious Devices, Torture Devices and Freeze Handcuff fix. 

Anyway, I'll try tinkering with it a bit. Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: I removed the Freeze Handcuff fix and still nothing. Although I managed to get MCM working and saw the interact with NPC option. I tried assigning a hotkey to it but for some reason when I put Momiji behind my crosshair and press the interact button, nothing happens. I'm guessing it doesn't work on her because she's a modded companion.

Edited by BBDannyR
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, so ive been fighting for months to what the hell its making the lastest AAF 1.71 didnt work and i was using an old 1.66, so after a great help of ergobalistic it turns out its real handcufs (who the f it conflicts with AAF? i dunno) but just disabling  real handcufs and the GFV its all green on AAF, this could be a bug report? i dunno?

Moving Real Handcuffs to before AAF seemt o fix the conflict (but still is  a silly conflict) 

14 hours ago, Dasafox said:

Hi, so ive been fighting for months to what the hell its making the lastest AAF 1.71 didnt work and i was using an old 1.66, so after a great help of ergobalistic it turns out its real handcufs (who the f it conflicts with AAF? i dunno) but just disabling  real handcufs and the GFV its all green on AAF, this could be a bug report? i dunno?

Moving Real Handcuffs to before AAF seemt o fix the conflict (but still is  a silly conflict) 

Both AAF and RH ship a convenience copy of a F4SE DLL they both rely on (LLFP). RH makes it an install-time option in its FOMOD menu, so if you don't want RH overwriting AAF's copy of LLFP with an insufficiently old version, just uncheck it in the installation menu.

How can I make NPCs with handcuffs move and follow someone? 

Without handcuffs, my NPCs proceed to their normal package (follow the raider). But with handcuffs, they stay there without moving. From what I read, I need to add to the raider the RH_LinkedOwner keyword, but it doesn't take effect no matter how much I constantly call "EvaluatePackage" on the NPCs. 

; do not check if boundActor is actually bound; allow calling this function before binding the actor
    ; note to the reader: if you are using RealHandcuffs as a hard dependency, you can also just set the
    ; linked ref using the RH_LinkedOwner keyword (0x??000849), this is all the magic of this function
    ; this can for example be done in a reference alias that will hold the prisoner

Spoiler

Photo567.png.36c97848f4d008b0f22fb0e3b52af81b.png

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JB. said:

Solved. I called the function Function

SetBoundHandsFollowTarget(Actor boundActor, Actor actorToFollow)

👌

Happy you figured it out 🙂.

As you can see in the source, all that the function does is useing that keyword to set up a linked ref.

Edit: You don't add the keyword to the raider. You set it on the victim as a linked ref pointing to the raider.

Edited by Kharos

I'm having an issue with this mod where my game wont even launch when it's active. I am really confused because it was working just fine the day before. I've tried updating it checking for other updates and even re installed all of my mods but still I launch the game, see a black screen, see the loading symbol in the bottom and window closes. I turn off only this mod and everything starts right up. 
Edit: I found out it's the Just Business mod it doesn't like but not sure why since i can see the JB compatibility plugins are there.

Edited by everynameis
update
20 hours ago, everynameis said:

I'm having an issue with this mod where my game wont even launch when it's active. I am really confused because it was working just fine the day before. I've tried updating it checking for other updates and even re installed all of my mods but still I launch the game, see a black screen, see the loading symbol in the bottom and window closes. I turn off only this mod and everything starts right up. 
Edit: I found out it's the Just Business mod it doesn't like but not sure why since i can see the JB compatibility plugins are there.

What mod manager are you using? If it has the ability to auto-sort your plugins so that their masters will be earlier in your load order, then make sure you've sorted your plugins. Having a patch load before one of its masters is an easy way to end up with the game not starting.

21 hours ago, everynameis said:

A crash on game launch is usually caused by a missing mod dependency; most probably you have a mod that requires a second mod, but that second mod is missing (or at least the plugin is missing, or the plugin is installed but not "activated" in your mod manager).

If you have the JB compatibility plugin, you will also need JB itself and its dependencies (if I remember correctly Extended Dialogue Interface).

So I've been poking around in xEdit and I have a sneaking suspicion that the "Drink" activator has fallen through the cracks. It seems to be in a wrong place (RH_NoGenericFurniture, while "Eat" is in RH_TakeSmallObjectOnly) and its conditions don't really make sense to me, am I wrong to point this out?

As a separate note, a recently released "S7" mod conflicts with RH on some activator replacement perks (notably, terminals and traps). I've reported it to the author, but maybe you can take a look as well on RH side of things?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, recursive said:

So I've been poking around in xEdit and I have a sneaking suspicion that the "Drink" activator has fallen through the cracks. It seems to be in a wrong place (RH_NoGenericFurniture, while "Eat" is in RH_TakeSmallObjectOnly) and its conditions don't really make sense to me, am I wrong to point this out?

As a separate note, a recently released "S7" mod conflicts with RH on some activator replacement perks (notably, terminals and traps). I've reported it to the author, but maybe you can take a look as well on RH side of things?

Not sure about drinking, you need to check it out in-game. The goal was that players can drink from streams even with bound hands; I also wanted them to be able to use most consumables in case somebody plays in survival mode.

I don't know if much can be done about activator replacement perk conflicts...

Edited by Kharos
55 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Not sure about drinking, you need to check it out in-game. The goal was that players can drink from streams even with bound hands; I also wanted them to be able to use most consumables in case somebody plays in survival mode.

I don't know if much can be done about activator replacement perk conflicts...

I have found the S7 mod in question: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/62743.

I haven't downloaded it myself, so I can't help with it, sorry

I have looked at water itself, and pretty sure it's an activator.

Edited by ptmc2112
On 2/26/2024 at 10:42 AM, Himberito said:

Uh question... whats the code for the shock collar.....

if your character been collared by NPC, then the code for the shock collar is random.... if you have no idea how to remove it, you can install DD Armorbench Unlocker, it can be used to unlock handcuff and shock collar, alternately you can install Provocative Perks mod and add Abandon Property perk which will cause npc randomly give you code which may or may not unlock your collar.

however depend on the mod, sometimes you arent meant to unlock it until the mod say so...

Edited by calvin_0
3 hours ago, Kharos said:

I'm talking about this: https://paste.pics/b5c8cda6a02f17a90a1d4b3808ad13b2

I did check in-game, you can't drink items in survival. Eating is fine, drinking is not.

i have absolutely no idea why but mod works 99.9% fine its just that if i don't disable the mod in the mcm it wont stop giving me both kinds of cuffs I'm up to

12k of both kinds and if i try to get rid of them it hard freezes my game any fix?

Edited by john_doe23
12 minutes ago, john_doe23 said:

i have absolutely no idea why but mod works 99.9% fine its just that if i don't disable the mod in the mcm it wont stop giving me both kinds of cuffs I'm up to

12k of both kinds and if i try to get rid of them it hard freezes my game any fix?

nvm I'm a complete and total jackass i have a cheat terminal mod and forgot when i made this test world i turned on infinite items so when the mod started and gave me the stuff well it was obviously going to do that forever 

• 2 weeks later...

im having trouble with this mod. i have aaf so i didnt check the llfp add on. but i try to launch the game and it goes for 2 secs then crashes. everything works when i uncheck this mod. does anyone else have this prob?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey :), I've just started F4 a few days ago with this mod however It seems something probably isn't right. Checking the Script Extender I have v(F4SE 0.62.3 rel25) 1.10.163 so I believe that part is right; oddly when starting the game a green box showing $NO_F4SE appears. Looking at the MCM Real Handcuffs does show however the Handcuffs, Shock Collar and Integration fields are blank while the others seem to act normally. Also the other mods in the MCM all seem fine. I searched the game (console) for the handcuffs & shock collar, both said there was nothing. The handcuffs I've found in world, are all vanilla, not useable. I did find the recipe for these items at a workstation but did not try.

Is anybody familiar with this issue?

Edited by MikeCobalt
Misspelled word
1 hour ago, MikeCobalt said:

when starting the game a green box showing $NO_F4SE appears.

You need to launch the game via the f4se_loader.exe not the vanilla exe.

IF you are launching via the f4se loader and it still doesn't work, f4se isn't installed correctly. I mean, it's super simple to install, just extract the entire F4SE download to the Fallout 4 folder (not the Data folder) and go.

Now if you're using some weird mod manager like mo2 or vortex you might need to set the launch path in them.

3 hours ago, izzyknows said:

You need to launch the game via the f4se_loader.exe not the vanilla exe.

IF you are launching via the f4se loader and it still doesn't work, f4se isn't installed correctly. I mean, it's super simple to install, just extract the entire F4SE download to the Fallout 4 folder (not the Data folder) and go.

Now if you're using some weird mod manager like mo2 or vortex you might need to set the launch path in them.

Yes, just Drag the contents of the folder (Script Extender) into the main FO4 folder, that's what I did. Yes I am using MO2 and it does launch through f4se_loader, that is confirmed using the "GetF4SEVersion" in the console; in my belief, if the SE was *Not running, it would not have returned "F4SE version: 0.6.23, release idx25, runtime 010A0A30".

After it seemed obvious this mod was Not working and after some research I tried the console "Get" to see if the items were there at all

xy0008EA and xy000902, neither are in the game so far however the recipe for crafting Is in the workstation and MCM is present (although empty in those three fields).

Edited by MikeCobalt
2 hours ago, MikeCobalt said:

Yes, just Drag the contents of the folder (Script Extender) into the main FO4 folder, that's what I did. Yes I am using MO2 and it does launch through f4se_loader, that is confirmed using the "GetF4SEVersion" in the console; in my belief, if the SE was *Not running, it would not have returned "F4SE version: 0.6.23, release idx25, runtime 010A0A30".

After it seemed obvious this mod was Not working and after some research I tried the console "Get" to see if the items were there at all

xy0008EA and xy000902, neither are in the game so far however the recipe for crafting Is in the workstation and MCM is present (although empty in those three fields).

You need to use help handcuffs 4 armo and help collar 4 armo to find them.

But if you have empty fields in the MCM you "probably" have a bad install, or a serious conflict. I'd start with a new download & install to make sure that's not an issue.

And make sure NOT to install the LL_fourPlay_1_10_163.dll. Only use the one from AAF.

Spoiler

Fallout4Screenshot2024_04.20-23_17_44_28.png.790ddc02fd2e001e37a8f3658b4e9e06.pngFallout4Screenshot2024_04.20-23_15_29_36.png.9017c77e7abcc6a9d39ce09af2502d2d.png