Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

Merging 3DMigoto Poses now works

Turns out that the vertex groups are all pre-multiplied by 3 to save one instruction in the vertex shader*, and accounting for this allows the pose to be imported properly, and the vertex groups now match up after using the 'Merge 3DMigoto poses' operator:

Spoiler

image.png

As in the previous post you need the latest 'costume mod base.ini' to enable dumping poses with frame analysis:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DarkStarSword/3d-fixes/master/DOA6/Mods/costume mod base.ini

New version of the 3DMigoto Blender addon has a new property you need to fill out to import the poses:

Spoiler

image.png

Otherwise this works pretty much the same as in the costume mod tutorial video, but remember you can now use the 'remove non-numeric vertex groups' operator rather than deleting them all by hand.

Now, you should note that the body doesn't have all the bones that might be used by the costume - after running the 'remove non-numeric vertex groups operator' to remove any bones that were not part of the body then entering and leaving edit mode it becomes apparent which areas are going to be problematic (also, enable show zero weights in weight paint mode) - in this case the head (to be expected since it is drawn completley separately) and bottom of the shoes:

Spoiler

image.png

And indeed doing a quick test merging the clothes into the body mesh** does show the feet are problematic (the dots you see flying around Leifang here are another debug shader I was using to visualise the bone transformations and compare the bones in the body & clothing draw calls):

Spoiler

image.png

There may be ways we can deal with that. It is possible that the feet bones may still be in the body if they are separate to the boot bones (I have not confirmed this), or we could use 3DMigoto to transfer feet into the boot draw call (along with all the relevant draw state to render skin, sweat, etc), or we might be able to add the bones to the mesh sections in the g1m file (the blender script already has some support for .vgmap files to remap vertex groups - we could probably add the ability to export these from the g1m file and reimport them with additonal bones). Stay tuned.

* I hope they didn't do it for performance, because they could have saved a lot more by using a single unified bone matrix buffer across the entire mesh instead.

** This is not exactly the intended usage for this (it is more intended to create a mesh that can be used for weight transfer), but if you wanted to do the same for whatever reason:

1. Import all files (or at least those you wish to merge) from a 3DMigoto frame analysis dump, filling out the import properties as above.

2. Delete any meshes you aren't interested in (at least delete the head, and keep in mind that there may be duplicate meshes if the game rendered any materials in multiple draw calls)

3. Select all meshes, making sure the body (or whichever mesh you want to map vertex groups to) is active (highlighted yellow)

4. Space -> 'Merge 3DMigoto Poses'

5. Ctrl+J to join all selected meshes into a single object

6. Space -> 'Remove non-numeric vertex groups'

7. Ctrl+Tab (Weight paint mode) -> 'Normalize All' in left panel -> Ctrl+Tab (must be in object mode for export)

8. Remove pose deformation:

Option 1: Expand armature object in outliner, click and drag the contained object to the left, when you see 'Drop to clear parent' release

Option 2: right click on armature in outliner -> delete

9. File -> export -> 3DMigoto raw buffers

10. Set up TextureOverrides and Resource sections to load this mesh

57 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

Have you checked the rest of alb textures? You have the list of textures in TIN_COS_010.ktid (in CharacterEditor).

One thing is sure, the extraction is ok. A proof of this is that if you replace the .g1t with the extracted file, it still works in game, so the textures for that part must be in other file.

These are all the files the game accesses when loading tina wedding costume (in case you wonder about the weird order, the game seem to order some textures reading by hash order).

Spoiler

Open internal TIN_COS_010.g1m
Open internal TIN_COS_010.mtl
Open internal TIN_COS_010.grp
Open internal TIN_COS_010.oidex
Open internal TIN_COS_010.ktid
Open internal TIN_COS_010.rigbin
Open internal PB2-AtRrTsb_PB2DSRrGb.g1s
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01_kidsalb.g1t
Open internal PB2-CH2IriPkTsbcaWt11555551_PB2DSTsbcaGb.g1s
Open internal PB2-CH2IriPkTsbcaWt11555551_Cll.g1s
Open internal PB2-AtRrTsb_Cll.g1s
Open internal PB2-H2IriPkSofTsbcaWt11555551_Cll.g1s
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01_kidsair.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01_kidsnmh.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01_kidsrfr.g1t
Open internal PB2-H2IriPkSofTsbcaWt11555551_PB2DSTsbcaGb.g1s
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01_kidsocc.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_body_kidswtm.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01_kidsshl.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_c01_kidsocc.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_pants01_kidsocc.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_c01_kidsshl.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_b01_kidsair.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_pants01_kidsalb.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_b01_kidswtm.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_body_kidsalb.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_body_kidsocc.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_b01_kidsnmh.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_body_kidsair.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_b01_kidsrfr.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_gem_kidsocc.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_pants01_kidsshl.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_c01_kidsalb.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_gem_kidsalb.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_kidsair.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_kidswtm.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_body_kidss4m.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_pants01_kidsnmh.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_pants01_kidsair.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_kidsnmh.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_kidsrfr.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_b01_kidsocc.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_pants01_kidsrfr.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_body_kidsrfr.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_gem_kidsnmh.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_b01_kidsshl.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_gem_kidsair.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01_kidswtm.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_gem_kidsrfr.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_body_kidsthk.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_c01_kidsair.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_kidsocc.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_c01_kidswtm.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_b01_kidsalb.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_kidsshl.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_body_kidsnmh.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_c01_kidsnmh.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_c01_kidsrfr.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_pants01_kidswtm.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_kidsalb.g1t
Open internal TIN_COS_010.oid
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01.ktid
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01.kts
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_b01.kts
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_b01.ktid
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_body.ktid
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_body.kts
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_c01.ktid
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_c01.kts
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01.kts
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01.ktid
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_gem.ktid
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_f01_gem.kts
Open internal PB2-AtCRrTsb_PB2DSRrGb.g1s
Open internal PB2-AtCRrTsb_Cll.g1s
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_pants01.ktid
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_pants01.kts
Open internal TIN_HAIR_010.swg
Open internal TIN_HAIR_010.g1m
Open internal TIN_HAIR_010.mtl
Open internal TIN_HAIR_010.grp
Open internal TIN_HAIR_010.ktid
Open internal TIN_HAIR_010.oidex
Open internal PB2-AtCHhoIriPkWt1_Cll.g1s
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_hair_kidsocc.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_hair_BLEND_kidsshl.g1t
Open internal PB2-AtCPk_Cll.g1s
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_hair_BLEND_kidsocc.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_c01_kidsrfr.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_hair_BLEND_kidsrfr.g1t
Open internal PB2-AtCPkRp_Cll.g1s
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_hair_BLEND_kidswtm.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_d01_BLEND_kidsalb.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_d01_BLEND_kidsrfr.g1t
Open internal PB2-AtCPk_PB2DSGb.g1s
Open internal PB2-AtCHhoIriPkRpWt1_Cll.g1s
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_hair_kidsnmh.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_f01_BLEND_kidsalb.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_f01_BLEND_kidsrfr.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_hair_kidsalb.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_c01_kidsnmh.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_c01_kidsshl.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_d01_BLEND_kidsocc.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_hair_kidsrfr.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_f01_BLEND_kidsocc.g1t
Open internal PB2-AtCHhoIriPkWt1_PB2DSGb.g1s
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_c01_kidswtm.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_hair_kidswtm.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_f01_BLEND_kidsair.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_hair_BLEND_kidsnmh.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_d01_BLEND_kidsnmh.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_c01_kidsalb.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_c01_kidsocc.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_f01_BLEND_kidsnmh.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_c01_kidsair.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_hair_BLEND_kidsalb.g1t
Open internal MPR_Muscle_Character_TINHAIR010_hair_kidsshl.g1t
Open internal TIN_HAIR_010.oid

Commonly the texture named a01 has the wedding dress, and from your loading "script" there is the proof that MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01_kidsalb.g1t is the 1st texture to be loaded; but if i extract it it's weight is 1kb and not 2731kb as it should be. i tried to switch the dress texture from MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01_kidsocc.g1t, but nothing works. All the other wedding dresses are fine.

this is the file i get from extracting it.

MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01_kidsalb.g1t

b01 are the "arms" texture, c01 are the shoes(you can see them in the picture of before), f01 is the necklace and there are a lot of other pants textures

The texture must be somewhere else then. I already did a test of putting that 1KB file in REDELBE, and the game still loads the tina costume properly, so it is not a extraction issue of rdbtool. You are going to have to check all the .alb textures and see if one of them has the data.

And don't trust the "1st to be loaded". As i said in the previous comment, the games reorder some files reads based in hash order.

@gatto tom

as odd as it is, I think the texture is somehow in that 1KB file...

Surely, it doesn't contain standard texture data we are used to, but with that little data and the rest of the a01 textures, the game maybe able to create the final texture... somehow.

It may be related with the fact the dress is white (or not).

Edit:

In fact, manipulating the float values of that file with an hex editor actually changes the color of the dress. The color is in RGBA float format (0.0-1.0) at offset 0x38 in the file.

In case you don't know how to edit these, give me a HTML color, and I will give you a file with that color.

As a matter of fact, the original dress uses RGB values of 0.625, 0.6875, 0.793, which in htm it would be #9CAFCA

So we now know that the game has special textures that only indicate the color. Good to know...

edit2: i attached a version of the file with "pure black", just in case you want to test.

MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01_kidsalb.g1t

2 hours ago, ausgeek said:

Merging 3DMigoto Poses now works

<<SNIP>>

8. Remove pose deformation:

Option 1: Expand armature object in outliner, click and drag the contained object to the left, when you see 'Drop to clear parent' release

Option 2: right click on armature in outliner -> delete

<<SNIP>>

Just a super quick note... You can unparent your mesh with ALT-P

1 hour ago, vagonumero13 said:

@gatto tom

as odd as it is, I think the texture is somehow in that 1KB file...

Surely, it doesn't contain standard texture data we are used to, but with that little data and the rest of the a01 textures, the game maybe able to create the final texture... somehow.

It may be related with the fact the dress is white (or not).

Edit:

In fact, manipulating the float values of that file with an hex editor actually changes the color of the dress. The color is in RGBA float format (0.0-1.0) at offset 0x38 in the file.

In case you don't know how to edit these, give me a HTML color, and I will give you a file with that color.

As a matter of fact, the original dress uses RGB values of 0.625, 0.6875, 0.793, which in htm it would be #9CAFCA

So we now know that the game has special textures that only indicate the color. Good to know...

edit2: i attached a version of the file with "pure black", just in case you want to test.

MPR_Muscle_Character_TINCOS010_a01_kidsalb.g1t 72 B · 4 downloads

So they are using the same method for Alpha 152 on DOA5LR... They are good at trolling us sometimes lol.

I just edit the file by myself and it works. Thank you anyway for posting it.

Thanks for all the help as always! ?☺️?

Now the Wedding Dress Mod Pack is completed!

Spoiler

317063435_DeadOrAlive6Screenshot2019_04.13-19_26_34_87.png.929024dd1d7a3bdc91361a357f643ec7.png

278401478_DeadOrAlive6Screenshot2019_04.13-19_28_50_89.png.4d9714536c38e4ba91642adc59e10b30.png

Anyone know if what's happening here can be fixed?

soft_engine_makes_me_sad.png.318e2cf9e9193f8eeefe3c23d26a5deb.png

I tried to make some better nipples but Soft Engine just isn't having any of it. Because the costume presses Hitomi's chest in a little, it flattens out the nipples. At first I assumed it was something I could control so I tried to move the Soft Body nodes out a bit to better fit the new geometry, thinking it might have been because I was clearly breaking the 8 adjacent node guideline. I also disabled natural motion in the options to see if it had any effect, and nothing works so far. Is it due to the choice of costume (deluxe) or is that something I can fix on my own? I'm not sure if I'm 100% on how the Soft Engine works in this new game.

2 hours ago, ChargeBeam said:

I tried to make some better nipples but Soft Engine just isn't having any of it. Because the costume presses Hitomi's chest in a little, it flattens out the nipples. At first I assumed it was something I could control so I tried to move the Soft Body nodes out a bit to better fit the new geometry, thinking it might have been because I was clearly breaking the 8 adjacent node guideline. I also disabled natural motion in the options to see if it had any effect, and nothing works so far. Is it due to the choice of costume (deluxe) or is that something I can fix on my own? I'm not sure if I'm 100% on how the Soft Engine works in this new game. 

I intentionally locked the soft body node positions on import because they cannot be edited, and if you do unlock and move them you will mess up the maths since the node positions the script is using will no longer match the game. But update the script, because with a bit of imagination I got it working for vertices outside of the soft body grid*, because hey - interpolation extends to infinity and whoever said weights had to be positive anyway? ?

(Nipple somewhat exaggerated for testing purposes)

image.png.d3c485daad4bfd9dc9c12909ac2cc078.png

* Provided they are still surrounded by four nodes. Vertices out of the grid on a diagonal still won't work.

10 minutes ago, ausgeek said:

I intentionally locked the soft body node positions on import because they cannot be edited, and if you do unlock and move them you will mess up the maths since the node positions the script is using will no longer match the game. But update the script, because with a bit of imagination I got it working for vertices outside of the soft body grid*, because hey - interpolation extends to infinity and whoever said weights had to be positive anyway? ?

(Nipple somewhat exaggerated for testing purposes)

image.png.d3c485daad4bfd9dc9c12909ac2cc078.png

* Provided they are still surrounded by four nodes. Vertices out of the grid on a diagonal still won't work.

thank u, fapservice!

:)

@ausgeek
I have tried to followed your latest tutorial about merging 3dmigoto and I got this as a result

Just as you stated beforehand,boot and face will become problems after 'Remove non-numeric vertex groups' right?

So is there any solutions to fix that or there will an update next time

At least for now I'm relive that I can follow your tutorials and got some result

almost.png

3 hours ago, ChargeBeam said:

Anyone know if what's happening here can be fixed?

They replaced the soft engine.

Well, just some news: at this point, I think I have everything I need to implement some kind of new costumes without replacing existing ones (autolink style, more or less), and add that functionality to REDELBE.

It will still take me some time (cannot tell how much) to put all the research and things in my head into actual code, but the most important part was to find all the pieces of the puzzle, and that is basically done.