Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

18 minutes ago, Scytzo said:

So - I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I'm trying to modify some normal maps... Nothing crazy.

• Extract G1T from RDB - Check
  • Convert G1T to DDS - Check
  • Edit DDS in Photoshop - Check
  • Save DDS (Might be the issue) - Check
  • Convert DDS to G1T - Check
  • Repack G1T into RDB - Check
  • Launch Game - Check
  • Select Character - Check
  • Load Fight - Infinite Load.... Shit.

So I think I might be saving the DDS Normal Map incorrectly? Can anyone tell me what settings to use while saving the Normal Map DDS file as before converting it back to G1T?

Thanks!

I've had this issue at some point too.

Did you import using rdbtool or  Redelbe? Also, did the character models load on the character select screen?

After running into this issue, I simply used the rdbtool to reimport a different glt that came from the game's original files. This seemed to fix the problem for me.

I hope this helps :)

30 minutes ago, Scytzo said:

So - I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I'm trying to modify some normal maps... Nothing crazy.

• Extract G1T from RDB - Check
  • Convert G1T to DDS - Check
  • Edit DDS in Photoshop - Check
  • Save DDS (Might be the issue) - Check
  • Convert DDS to G1T - Check
  • Repack G1T into RDB - Check
  • Launch Game - Check
  • Select Character - Check
  • Load Fight - Infinite Load.... Shit.

So I think I might be saving the DDS Normal Map incorrectly? Can anyone tell me what settings to use while saving the Normal Map DDS file as before converting it back to G1T?

Thanks!

How are you opening the DDS files in Photoshop?

6 minutes ago, Aarachu said:

Did you import using rdbtool or  Redelbe? Also, did the character models load on the character select screen?

After running into this issue, I simply used the rdbtool to reimport a different glt that came from the game's original files. This seemed to fix the problem for me.

I used rdbtool.

The character model DID load on character select - but the Normal Map edit was on a pair of non-default panties (which don't load until you're in the fight)... ;)

I'll try to import another base G1T and try it out. Thanks again!

Got a screenshot of the Normal Map settings you use when saving an edited DDS? Just for my piece of mind...

8 minutes ago, Scytzo said:

I used rdbtool.

The character model DID load on character select - but the Normal Map edit was on a pair of non-default panties (which don't load until you're in the fight)... ;)

I'll try to import another base G1T and try it out. Thanks again!

Got a screenshot of the Normal Map settings you use when saving an edited DDS? Just for my piece of mind...

1419267903_DDSSettings.png.e229009eddc4efa62abf366ac0f0daa2.png

10 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Short story of the name of the tool: If rbd is REBELDE, then rdb is REDELBE, simple logic. ?

It was better than the alternative name of "Resource Data Base virtualizer".

Haha no lo había visto por ese lado. La verdad es que desde que comezé a utilizar la herramienta, siempre lo leí como "rebelde"... quizá tengo dislexia ?

Gracias por EBLEDER!

8 hours ago, Monkeygigabuster said:

@SaafRats

How do you extract g1t to dds and inject dds texture back into g1t
I have extracted g1t from
MaterialEditor.rdb and when I try to insert the g1t to @tianmuxia texture tool nothing happens
I'm trying to test with Diego costume 7

https://imgur.com/wfqstrT

and here is the g1t file that I'm trying to extract to dds

MPR_Muscle_Character_DGOCOS007_b01_kidsrfr.g1t 1.33 MB · 20 downloads

Assuming you translated the scripts from chinese (and you identified the extractor and injector),  the usage is also drag and drop whith those, but you have to drop over the command prompt, not over the app. For inject, drag the g1t, then make sure to have the texture inside a folder before drag it.

2 hours ago, Aarachu said:

And how to unlock the stage music?????????

from what SaafRats say, i must say really hard for modding doa6. i mean each model have "some kind of" multiple (and independent) set of skeletons, and each of their corresponding vertex groups, with random-numbered names, only part get rig of set of skeletons make my head spin like washing machine. i glad i didn't del my doa5 mod

4 hours ago, Wish Upon a Star said:

from what SaafRats say, i must say really hard for modding doa6. i mean each model have "some kind of" multiple (and independent) set of skeletons, and each of their corresponding vertex groups, with random-numbered names, only part get rig of set of skeletons make my head spin like washing machine. i glad i didn't del my doa5 mod

It is probably really similar to DOAXVV. There every single costume has its own rig because it allways glues together costume and body. And you would think that there should be the same skeleton underneath it all and that the bones and weights on the same area have the same name, BUT Body and Clothes weight names seem to differ. That is why you can't make mods of every swimsuit in the game. If there isnt any body mesh underneath it, you probably wont be able to get nude body working under there.

Example: Look how sad Nyo is that she can't show off her goods as in the Blender version.

Spoiler

Nyo_sport.jpg.c936a55f948f0d966047b3bdb66d1e08.jpg

3 minutes ago, knight77 said:

It is probably really similar to DOAXVV. There every single costume has its own rig because it allways glues together costume and body. And you would think that there should be the same skeleton underneath it all and that the bones and weights on the same area have the same name, BUT Body and Clothes weight names seem to differ. That is why you can't make mods of every swimsuit in the game. If there isnt any body mesh underneath it, you probably wont be able to get nude body working under there.

Example: Look how sad Nyo is that she can't show off her goods as in the Blender version.

Hide contents

:(  you ruined my mood

Progress is being made on allowing soft body meshes to have their vertices moved - this screenshot shows the soft body nodes imported into Blender (addon for this is on my github decode_doa6_soft.py, but it's not ready for prime time just yet):

Spoiler

image.png.9315ca7185b36f80e6f00719706ef085.png

I'm currently trying to work out the proper maths to update the vertex positions accurately, but I had to laugh when one of my attempts went a little more... Minecraft style:

Spoiler

20190410192853_1.jpg.f646cb914ad8169912bfbca0383dc0b1.jpg

4 hours ago, knight77 said:

Reveal hidden contents

yeah, but problem is this game dont have PP mode so i feel kind of waste too time for modding this game 

3 hours ago, Alexei81 said:

is it possible to create a skeleton and body for a certain girl ... taking into account porting characters from other games .. and replace the default ? and from this body to create outfits , or  redo things default data ?

i dont thing so since TN update this game monthly