Reached animation amount limit, what are my options?

Hi there,

So I just found out through SL Anim Loader that there is a 500 Human and 500 Creature animation limit. It would show me that X amount of animations to be registered, but they do not.

Now I get that I might have to go ahead and pick and choose which animations I want to add. To that end, is there a way I could easily preview an animation outside the game (I'd rather not have to do any file conversions because there is just a LOT)?

Or even better, is there a way I could force SexLab to accept more animations? ( And if so, what am I potentially setting on fire?)

Or any other form of advice to cut things down, I spend more time modding the damn thing than I do playing. ?

Thanks!

There is an update for sexlab to increase the number to 750.

Some say it causes problems but i use it and i don't know of any.

It's Sexlab More Animations

However

Now I get that I might have to go ahead and pick and choose which animations I want to add. To that end, is there a way I could easily preview an animation outside the game (I'd rather not have to do any file conversions because there is just a LOT)?

this would be interesting nonetheless.

40 minutes ago, fakelake said:

To that end, is there a way I could easily preview an animation outside the game

some animators have links to previews on there SLAL pages.

Or even better, is there a way I could force SexLab to accept more animations?

there is a mod but it's a bit buggy (animations sometimes don't get registered right)

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5739-sexlab-more-animations/

Or any other form of advice to cut things down

turn off draugr, falmer & riekling animations. there's a lot of animations for those ugly bastards that i never use (i even delete them from SLAL Packs)

Me I turn off foreplay animations but have foreplay ticked on so then I can turn on other animations to play during the foreplay and then have more turned on for the main part. Anything I don't need I have turned off also if you are using pose mods turn those off as those those poses take slots in your animation limit.

50 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

there is a mod but it's a bit buggy (animations sometimes don't get registered right)

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5739-sexlab-more-animations/

Is there a way to see which ones don't get registered? Or how do i recognize that it fails? Because i can't remember to have any problems with this mod. In the commandline are no errors and the count in SLAL seems to be correct. Furthermore i usually have ~10000 Animations and 550 or so in SLAL so not a small amount either.

Thanks guys, Sexlab More Animations did the trick! (Hurray for 640 animations)

I did find a few bugs, but... the way everything is cobbled up in mod manager I can't tell if its More Animations' fault. For one, it looked like Dayelyte animations (4 female Werewolf anims) are all broken and misaligned and for some reason showing in the selection screen twice while not letting other animations appear bar a few. Removing it solved the issue.

Happened again while reloading from a crash, only this time I kept Dayelyte's anims out from the beginning, the real fix is to do a reset.

Another weird thing is that SL Anim Loader will lock up if I initiate registering and then go into game then come back, I should stay in MCM and wait for it to finish (watch the console update).

1 hour ago, Uncle64 said:

Agree whit Madmansgun. Remove some animations. I do the same my self.

You will only end up using max 15-20.

3-4 foreplay, 3-4 main event. and perhaps doggy for animals if you want that.

Its a psychological problem, surely if I play long enough I'll get to cycle through all the animations right? .... right?

59 minutes ago, V3rius said:

Is there a way to see which ones don't get registered? Or how do i recognize that it fails? Because i can't remember to have any problems with this mod. In the commandline are no errors and the count in SLAL seems to be correct. Furthermore i usually have ~10000 Animations and 550 or so in SLAL so not a small amount either.

I found a way but its not practical at all. basically switch some animation off and go back to back to the "list of mods" button and see if any number changes.

Archived