God eater 3

44 minutes ago, bluerobot99 said:

i assume the hair is colliding with your regular hair? if we could find the face and hair bits in the textures, we could just remove them maybe? 
if we could remove the files from the game entirely it would stop them from loading right?

although i suppose it would negatively affect whatever character that model is actually for...

also what model is that?

Yes the blond parts are added by the model. there is also white patches under the eyes. Removing textures is bad game crashes really easy when its missing things. but shouldn't have anything bad happen if we modify this model. i searched all the CSV tables and it is not referenced anywhere so assuming its something left over from dev. P_X_FE0001.mdl

14 hours ago, ryfon said:

Yes the blond parts are added by the model. there is also white patches under the eyes. Removing textures is bad game crashes really easy when its missing things. but shouldn't have anything bad happen if we modify this model. i searched all the CSV tables and it is not referenced anywhere so assuming its something left over from dev. P_X_FE0001.mdl

good to know that the model is safe but its a bummer about removing textures. any insight as to what type of 3D model it is? hopefully its just a common file type in disguise like the texture images were.

4 hours ago, bluerobot99 said:

good to know that the model is safe but its a bummer about removing textures. any insight as to what type of 3D model it is? hopefully its just a common file type in disguise like the texture images were.

unfortunately not. 3d models and archives are similar to the vita version of fate extella. maybe one of the guys from that game can help us out. I've heard of some of the models being hex edited on that end.

23 minutes ago, ryfon said:

unfortunately not. 3d models and archives are similar to the vita version of fate extella. maybe one of the guys from that game can help us out. I've heard of some of the models being hex edited on that end.

i opened the thing with HxD and according to the decoded text the face and hair are separate from the body as expected, but i dont really have any idea of what numbers to change or what to change them to. ive never hex edited anything before but ill give it a shot

do i just need to put that file in the models folder and change the clothing from PL_TP_F0011_01 to the name of that file? or am i missing something.

48 minutes ago, bluerobot99 said:

i opened the thing with HxD and according to the decoded text the face and hair are separate from the body as expected, but i dont really have any idea of what numbers to change or what to change them to. ive never hex edited anything before but ill give it a shot

do i just need to put that file in the models folder and change the clothing from PL_TP_F0011_01 to the name of that file? or am i missing something.

I made an extra clothing set for it so that should make it easy to play around with. should unlock after the first few tutorial missions. unfortunately do to the way the game gives you new outfits, you have to start a new game to enable it. resourceV2.7z

you can edit P_X_FE0005.mdl  I renamed everything for the extra entries so there shouldn't be any worry about accidentally messing up anything that could have linked to it.

1 hour ago, ryfon said:

I made an extra clothing set for it so that should make it easy to play around with. should unlock after the first few tutorial missions. unfortunately do to the way the game gives you new outfits, you have to start a new game to enable it. resourceV2.7z

you can edit P_X_FE0005.mdl  I renamed everything for the extra entries so there shouldn't be any worry about accidentally messing up anything that could have linked to it.

well i tried hex editing and got mostly game crashes so far.

i also looked at some boards for importing and exporting models from the vita version of fate extella but all their github links are dead so i cant actually get anything out of those. Noesis doesnt seem to want to open mdl files out of the box.

Edit: actually i think i have found something. i need to go download blender lol

well i was able to export, view, and edit the model in blender but i think some stuff got lost in transition. plus there seems to be no way to re import it back into the kind of file there needs to be? 

that said, the head and hair parts are very clearly separated from the rest of the body so there has to be some way to get rid of them i would think-*

the head is divided into three materials: Hair, eyes, and face. they all have names that noesis has identified and are listed in the hex editor

the head is "P_F_FE0000_00_mat". the eyes are "noname_mat" and the hair is "P_H_FE0000_00_mat"

my efforts to change the files they reference in the hex editor have resulted in crashes unfortunately.

Yah messing with the mats and linked files is a no go. Don't know enough about 3d models to mess with this to much. Looks like xyz coords for each node farther down in the file though. Wonder if we can just compact the face, hair, and eyes inside the head so it's not visible that way.

2 hours ago, ryfon said:

85287912_Screenshot2019_02.20-22_38_59_79.png.d88eb724fe737646e5d8846c6c689439.png

Getting closer managed to detach the material on the hair. Pretty sure i found the face section too...

oh thats very good progress
since im stuck on my end, im probably gonna start working on a skin texture and see if i can get anything that looks half decent with the way the uv's are divided across the model.
the one i made for the shop keeper ended up with a chunk of her nipple missing because of the way the texture is laid out

1 hour ago, ryfon said:

2082245515_Screenshot2019_02.21-18_31_24_70.png.d697dab6d45d317521ecf349ee2c31cc.png

Well found it, unfortunately neck is attached to it.... Really need someone that knows models lol

hmm that shouldnt be the case i think? i took apart the model myself and it seemed separate from the neck

it should be divided like this:god.png.dcb645fdaebc6f24a7d00a13697655dc.png

im kinda surprised the neck even has a separate part

10 hours ago, bluerobot99 said:

hmm that shouldnt be the case i think? i took apart the model myself and it seemed separate from the neck

it should be divided like this:god.png.dcb645fdaebc6f24a7d00a13697655dc.png

im kinda surprised the neck even has a separate part

Hmm must be something that was lost in the conversation, it's definitely connected I can move the whole head back words a foot and the neck follows it. Hmm guess i'll just make a program to move all the verts outside the normal head to just a bit inside. Might shrink the neck a little bit but don't think there's a way around it.

Ohh ... nice to see some progress...
Btw - Instead of disabling that part maybe just swapping the meshes (via Hex Edit) would make the neck show up properly.
I would suggest getting the neck mesh ID since you have access to the model and looking for that ID with HxD or 010 Editor. Might be worth a try.

12 hours ago, The Butler said:

Ohh ... nice to see some progress...
Btw - Instead of disabling that part maybe just swapping the meshes (via Hex Edit) would make the neck show up properly.
I would suggest getting the neck mesh ID since you have access to the model and looking for that ID with HxD or 010 Editor. Might be worth a try.

Unfortunately i tried that already, didn't work out. spent the better part of the after noon figuring out safe bounds for the extra verts. and made a program to just grab everything that was outside those bounds and move them in. And well-ah we have a nice clean model to abuse the heck out of. :P  Firmed up the bones to so we have a more natural jiggle as well, not perfect, but better then the crazy flopping that was going on before lol.

P_X_FE0005.7z

718694515_Screenshot2019_02.22-18_55_05_89.png.fd6709aea16373f759b227707ce1571d.png

thats pretty rad. im gonna be busy in the next few days so i wont be able to make a texture any time soon i dont think

also i cant match any of the body textures you gave me earlier to the skin texture i pulled using Special K, so ill upload the one i got from special k if anyone else wants to look at the texture or make their own.

3D2A117C.dds youll probably need a dds plugin for whatever image program you use.

29 minutes ago, 201193 said:

well we borderline made it.

great job ryfon!

now is there a way for me to use the mod without having to extract the game's archives?

that would be nice while the last remaining hurdle is about to be cleared !

and thx for your contributions bluerobot99

back up and delete the archive_patch01.* files. then use the resourceV2 zip i posted above somewhere. Once there are decent textures made I'll repackage everything as just a direct replacement of archive_patch01 probably.

33 minutes ago, bluerobot99 said:

thats pretty rad. im gonna be busy in the next few days so i wont be able to make a texture any time soon i dont think

also i cant match any of the body textures you gave me earlier to the skin texture i pulled using Special K, so ill upload the one i got from special k if anyone else wants to look at the texture or make their own.

3D2A117C.dds youll probably need a dds plugin for whatever image program you use.

sounds good. I'll pull all the textures for it again and rename and relink them all so we have a known good set for the model.

1 hour ago, The Butler said:

For those who want to test. (needs special K) - Textures - WIP
Just added some basic things. I haven't tested to see how good it looks.
I'm a bit lazy to download special K right now.

I think game uses Intel compression. However I'm not sure if it is indeed the case.
Texture are in BC7 Format with and without SRGB.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2.jpg.5ec16d8a84906fbf1fb2f25f7f9ecb7d.jpg

Nice I'll try this out and see how it looks.

Also here is an updated model with its own textures so special K isn't required. P_X_FE0005_00.7z

Edit: looks like its mostly BC1/BC7 with SRGB for _A files.  BC1 without SRGB for all others

Edit2: Bit off on the left side, but its a start.

1545174982_Screenshot2019_02.22-22_27_59_26.png.1b1aaf5a7e144dda2e78f664af3a0e26.png

oh and as an aside for the people wondering who are reading the thread, the model ryfon found is specifically for the player.

when applied to the npcs it changes their proportions entirely (for example, lulu gets bigger boobs), so a different method would need to be used in order to make other characters naked probably

I'm kinda lost in how to get that model to display....
Here is what I did...

1.  Extracted resourceV2.7z in the game root folder
  2. Updated the model with ryfon latest P_X_FE0005_00.7z
  3. Updated _A texture with one of mine.
  4. Played until the caravan (Yes, I started a new game)

And nothing. No new model on the clothings. I might be missing something really dumb but I don't know what....