God eater 3

4 hours ago, Cadpig said:

So I figured out that Windows defender calls the GE3 extractor a threat and refuses to let it even start.  I turned it off but the program still won't start.  Do I need to use it for the mods or can I use Special_K?

Not sure...

But, on Windows defender, go into Protection history. Will probably have an entry for it, click allow or restore. Try again. Sometimes you have to let Defender see it twice and allow/restore it before Defender will leave it alone. Happens to me on ALOT of false positives.

1 hour ago, Hakufu1021 said:

Not sure...

But, on Windows defender, go into Protection history. Will probably have an entry for it, click allow or restore. Try again. Sometimes you have to let Defender see it twice and allow/restore it before Defender will leave it alone. Happens to me on ALOT of false positives.

well, that worked, but now I have a new issue.  I can get it to run by telling the .pk file to open with it in the same directory, but after it says extracting for a while, it just closes.  No new folders, no new files, it's just closes and acts like nothing at all happened

On 8/27/2021 at 11:15 PM, Cadpig said:

well, that worked, but now I have a new issue.  I can get it to run by telling the .pk file to open with it in the same directory, but after it says extracting for a while, it just closes.  No new folders, no new files, it's just closes and acts like nothing at all happened

When I get off work tonight I'll take a look at it. About to head out in a few minutes and really don't want to get into a project lol.

EDIT: After work

First my game version is 2.50. So, I can only give support on that. (It's the seven seas version. So if you use this version, given the rules of the forum, this post is my help. I can't give any additional help as piracy is forbidden on this forum.) It will become "-modded" after this "guide" is done.

Second, I used the origional resource.7z by  @riz_bluesky I have NOT tested the nude_textures by @simezi

Here's how I setup my "operating folder." (Maybe it's erroring out for you because you are overwriting something by launching the tool? Either that or because you have an older version? Not sure, if your version differs from mine.

IGNORE the archive_patch10 folder in the screenshot. As that's obviously your goal. Not how you will see it starting out.  But an explanation for the screenshot :

I created Backup folder with copies of the archive_patch10 files. (pk, pkh, and pfs)

I put the tool files (GE3-Extractor.exe, lz11.dll and zlib1.dll in the "operating directory."

I then dragged archive_patch10.pk onto the GE3-Extractor.exe file.

The process take MAYBE 2 minutes (then again I do have a decent gaming rig) and it spit out the archive_patch10 folder.

AFTER my archive_patch10 folder was generated, I deleted the pk, pkh, and pfs files for patch10 that exist in the retail folder. As copies incase something goes wrong exist in the backup folder and the whole point of this tool is to load loose files.

Rest of the "guide" carries on with @riz_bluesky install instructions. Which you should have if you use his mod.

ToolSnap.PNG

For reference my rig : (shouldn't matter but will include it anyways. I'd say if the process takes longer then 5 minutes, something is wrong.)

GPU : GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Eagle OC 8G
CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 3.8GHz
CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken Z63
Motherboard : ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
Ram : G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz
PSU : EVGA 750 GQ 750 W Power Supply
Case : Fractal Design Meshify 2 White ATX
M.2 : SAMSUNG (MZ-V8V1T0B/AM) 980 SSD 1TB (Holds OS files, current downloads which I delete/send to other HDD's daily. But no games)
Plus 6x other HDD's. For games, storage, and programs. (I data hoard plus don't like to fill my HDD's beyond 50%. I data hoard pretty much any mod on this forum and others that interest me in gaming. So anyone comes across this post, and a mod isn't up on this subforum, ask me. There's a chance I have it.)

Note : I couldn't tell you the speeds of my numerous hard drives. They are roughly 5200 or 7200 RPM. I usually buy magnetic media using the oldschool HDD speed rating for gaming. (7200 RPM or better.)
Edited by Hakufu1021

That did it!  Somehow, it wasn't grabbing all the files and had only extracted about half of them.  This time, for some reason, it worked entirely.  Thanks for the help!

P.S. This works on version 2.51 as well.  As far as I know, this is the final version and no more support is expected so from now on, that should work for any mods

Edited by Cadpig
On 8/30/2021 at 6:14 PM, Cadpig said:

That did it!  Somehow, it wasn't grabbing all the files and had only extracted about half of them.  This time, for some reason, it worked entirely.  Thanks for the help!

P.S. This works on version 2.51 as well.  As far as I know, this is the final version and no more support is expected so from now on, that should work for any mods

No problem glad I could help. Also good to know it works on the latest official version too. (I really need to buy it. Just other titles have come up for sale and I've bought them instead.)

EDIT as of 11/01/2021 - Bought it for my B-day. Not a pirate anymore! LOL. See, anyone who says pirates refuse to buy titles after pirating is full of crap. I just like to try the full game before I buy.  If devs would bring back demo's, I wouldn't have to resort to this.

Edited by Hakufu1021
  • 3 weeks later...

Heya! I've been trying to figure this out for a long time, but I've been struggling really hard and decided I should try to post here.

I've managed to get MOST God Eater 3 models working OK in Noesis using this python plugin here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17834&start=15#p148419

However, all of the faces for the characters do NOT work at all.
When I both try to preview OR export them, I receive the following error:

I really don't know what to do with the script, as I'm not savvy in python coding (or coding of any kind, really.)

NinjaRipper or similar I am not down for, as no armatures get extracted.

Since people here have worked with exporting the models to Blender before, I figured someone may be able to help me on this.

I wanna get my custom girl out of the game and make stuff with her, but this is my biggest hurdle.

• 1 month later...

How do i export fbx into mdl? i was editing the mesh in blender and i don't know how to export it back to mdl. There's plugins but they're used for quake 2 and hexen. Also, i tried exporting it with Noesis but the game crashes when i load the outfit in (since the mdl is supposed to be for quake 2)

Edit : i'll try messing around with blender a bit, might be the one causing problems. Since when importing the mdl (turned FBX by Noesis export) it's small, like REALLY small. So i'll mess around with the scales, and maybe try checking/unchecking random boxes.

Edited by flying bottle
On 10/26/2021 at 1:15 AM, flying bottle said:

How do i export fbx into mdl? i was editing the mesh in blender and i don't know how to export it back to mdl. There's plugins but they're used for quake 2 and hexen. Also, i tried exporting it with Noesis but the game crashes when i load the outfit in (since the mdl is supposed to be for quake 2)

Edit : i'll try messing around with blender a bit, might be the one causing problems. Since when importing the mdl (turned FBX by Noesis export) it's small, like REALLY small. So i'll mess around with the scales, and maybe try checking/unchecking random boxes.

I'd love to see a way to recreated the mdl used in the game. I've heard people say it uses a similar format to fate extella link, but I don't know about models and their formats. Adding new clothing would be so easy if it wasn't for the mdl this game uses since anything else just makes the game crash.

GE3-Extractor doesn't want to run at all when I drop the .pk file on it. Running the latest version of Windows 10, if that matters.

EDIT: After moving the .exe with the dlls to a different folder it worked fine... Unsure why as I got no error message before. Anywho, thanks for the work on this!

Edited by Kaedekins
New info
On 11/2/2021 at 12:27 AM, Elkumusk said:

Any idea if this giant bag can removed? haven't tried texture editing before.

20211101112051_1.jpg

either remove the mesh or make the textures transparent...

would love to make this, as i can make mesh edits easily, but i don't know how to import back the edited Mdl file into the game. Always crashes when the edited models is about to show/summoned

Edited by flying bottle
On 11/4/2021 at 11:29 PM, flying bottle said:

either remove the mesh or make the textures transparent...

would love to make this, as i can make mesh edits easily, but i don't know how to import back the edited Mdl file into the game. Always crashes when the edited models is about to show/summoned

Real shame, modding could get wild if the game read different formats or if the mdls could be recreated. Heard it uses similar format to fate extella link, but don't know how much use that is

• 1 month later...

...So, I tried this game some time ago on Switch when it released there, after the main story I lost interest completely for some reason. Now that it constantly goes on sale for about $10 I want to give it another go...I figured the game's folder/files have a similar setup (a lot of games usually do this, with only minor differences), anyone with the Switch version tried this yet? Or messed around with additional clothing or something?

On 12/24/2021 at 7:50 AM, zufield said:

What do I need to do to get the game to load mods? Does it just prioritize stuff in the archive folders?

If you already extracted the files. From the archive_patch10 folder cut "resource" folder and paste in the root folder of your game \Steam\steamapps\common\GOD EATER 3.

then delete or move .pk/.pkh/.pfs from the original location.

So maybe I'm missing something here, but if I try to remove those three files from the retail location the game just refuses to start. Course as I said I might be missing something, but I got the archive_patch10 folder to appear and all. So again I might be missing something here or I might have put something somewhere it didn't belong, but the game just won't start without having the .pk/.pkh/.pfs stuff where they started. Any help would be great.

On 12/28/2021 at 12:56 AM, what is a man said:

So maybe I'm missing something here, but if I try to remove those three files from the retail location the game just refuses to start. Course as I said I might be missing something, but I got the archive_patch10 folder to appear and all. So again I might be missing something here or I might have put something somewhere it didn't belong, but the game just won't start without having the .pk/.pkh/.pfs stuff where they started. Any help would be great.

Did you remove all .pk/.pkh/.pfs files or just the patch10 ones? if you only extracted patch10 then only remove the patch10 files. Also, after the patch10 folder appears, cut the "resource" folder inside and paste in the root directory of your game, \Steam\steamapps\common\GOD EATER 3 and It should work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...