God eater 3

9 hours ago, Tiressia said:

I work with Linux, and running several windows programs in he same workspace is quite a fuzz. Are there download files available (in the Downloads secction for intance) where those steps are already taken, I I cn just unzip some files?

I'm sorry can you please clarify this? I don't quite understand what you mean. Try rephrasing.

Are you asking for a modded file? That way all you need to do is unzip and overwrite a game file? If so, no someone hasn't done that. But I'll see what I can do. (If that's what you mean.)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm indeed looking for a copy/paste solution. It could take me a week alone to get all tools working in the first place, since they are made to run on Windows.

I'd appreciate it very much. If within my reach, I'll gladly do something back.

(sorry for responding so late btw, been very busy in non-cyber life).

Kindly, T.

Edited by Tiressia
10 hours ago, Tiressia said:

I'm indeed looking for a copy/paste solution. It could take me a week alone to get all tools working in the first place, since they are made to run on Windows.

I'd appreciate it very much. If within my reach, I'll gladly do something back.

(sorry for responding so late btw, been very busy in non-cyber life).

Kindly, T.

No worries, I'll try and take a look at it Sunday night EST. (It's 1:46am EST as of this post.)

Please do me a favor if you happen to see this post before I start working on it - send me a PM to remind me. My life is absolute chaos atm lol. So I'm having to write constant reminders to myself. That way all I have to do is reply with the solution once I've created it. IRL was busy here too. So no worries.

• 1 month later...

サリエルの胸部装甲を結合破壊するMODを作りました

3Dの作成は初な上に多分需要もないと思いますがよかったらどうぞ

導入方法は他の作成者様と同様です

1. steamapps\common の GOD EATER 3 フォルダを開く

2. resource\target\win\pack\mount\retail フォルダの中にある archive_patch1 で始まる3つのファイルをバックアップした後、この3つのファイルを削除もしくは移動する
3. archive_patch1.pkをGE3-Extractor.exeにドラッグ‘ドロップし解凍する
4. 解凍によって出てきた resouce フォルダを ~steamapps/common/GOD EATER 3/resourceに上書きする。

5. resource.7zを展開し、出てきた resouce フォルダを steamapps\common\GOD EATER 3\resouce に上書きする。

------------------------------------------------

I made a mod to destroy the chest armor of Sariel.
This is my first time to make a 3D mod, and I don't think there will be much demand for it, but if you like it, please try it!
The installation method is the same as other modders.

1. open the GOD EATER 3 folder in steamapps\common
2. backup the 3 files starting with "archive_patch1" in the folder "resource_target\win\pack\mount\retail", then delete or move these 3 files. 3.
3. drag'drop archive_patch1.pk to GE3-Extractor.exe and extract it. 4.
4. overwrite the resouce folder that came out from the extract to ~steamapps/common/GOD EATER 3/resource 5.
5. extract resource.7z and overwrite the resouce folder with ~steamapps\common\GOD EATER 3\resouce

Translation: DeepL

サリエル1.png

サリエル2.png

resource.7z

上記サリエルMODの修正とハバキリ種の追加を行いました。

現在対応しているのは「サリエル」「ハバキリ」「ハバキリ堕天」「アメノハバキリ」の4種です。

導入方法は上記MODと同様ですが、「アメノハバキリ」(AGM0083_01_~)は 3.と4.の作業に archive_patch10 .pk のファイルも追加で行う必要がありますのでご注意ください。

------------------------------------------

We have modified the above Sariel mod and added the Habakiri species.

The four species currently supported are "Sariel", "Havakiri", "Fallen Havakiri", and "Ameno Havakiri".

The installation method is the same as the above mods, but please note that for "Ameno Havakiri" (AGM0083_01_~), the archive_patch10 .pk file must also be added to the work described in 3. and 4.

Spoiler

image.png.c2b04f28b3eaea62fe7fd2d11e2add05.pngimage.png.8163ed0843040ff34fec5ef813c575cf.pngimage.png.b497b91348ff8fe27a12faa0b14dfb66.png

resource.7z

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, moonling said:

No idea if anyone still cares about this game, seems both interest and modders are few and far between but I've been working on a few tools in my spare time.

First up I complete rework of GE3-Extractor named GE3-Packer using C#, firewalls should be less angry about this one. I originally planned to implement repacking as well but I've found an alternate method.
Github page for GE3-Packer: https://github.com/VelouriasMoon/GE3-Packer

Next I've got a custom dll that will enable loading files loose from a mods folder without having to delete any pack files, This makes it easier for distributing and installing mods. Tested and working with the latest version of the game, I can't promise it'll work with older versions.
It also has a feature to output a debug log named the "AQL Log" which I found lurking in the games code which prints out some pretty helpful info.
Github page for GE3 Mod Loader: https://github.com/VelouriasMoon/GE3-Mod-Loader

Lastly this one is still WIP and not ready for release but I've been working on a method to replace models, Here's an example of one of the models I've edited, removing the cape and pants from the Fenrir Battlesuit and then creating all new lower half of the bodysuit. I hope to get this released before the end of the year so I hope there are some people left to look forward to these tools 
image.png.a5c808957a35d3cb6a257672aa0c670b.png

WOW , i was waiting for someone make the default outfit to a Leotard suit , do you have plan to remove the silver texture part from other leg to complete?

looking positive for it =D

21 hours ago, Nyandred said:

WOW , i was waiting for someone make the default outfit to a Leotard suit , do you have plan to remove the silver texture part from other leg to complete?

looking positive for it =D

Yeah I'd like to add more options like just capeless with the pants, full bodysuit with the silver part on both sides, and leotard with no silver part. but right now it's just replacing the main suit so i'd like to figure out how totally new outfits all together. 

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded GE3Packer to try to work on it if I can create a mod like CodeVein, but when I drop archive00.pk or archive_patch10 onto GE3Packer.exe, nothing responds.
I currently have the following 4 files in my GE3Packer folder, am I using them incorrectly?
GE3Packer.dll
GE3Packer.exe
GE3Packer.runtimeconfig.json
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll

19 hours ago, ALice in said:

I downloaded GE3Packer to try to work on it if I can create a mod like CodeVein, but when I drop archive00.pk or archive_patch10 onto GE3Packer.exe, nothing responds.
I currently have the following 4 files in my GE3Packer folder, am I using them incorrectly?
GE3Packer.dll
GE3Packer.exe
GE3Packer.runtimeconfig.json
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll

are you trying to extract the files? you can find how to do in @riz_bluesky's post with a guide how to do it.

1 hour ago, Nyandred said:

are you trying to extract the files? you can find how to do in @riz_bluesky's post with a guide how to do it.

Thanks.
I'm not having trouble extracting the data because GE3-Extractor can do it if I just want to extract, I just wanted to actually try to see if there is any difference between extracting with GE3Packer and extracting with GE3-Extractor.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 10:38 AM, moonling said:

Yeah I'd like to add more options like just capeless with the pants, full bodysuit with the silver part on both sides, and leotard with no silver part. but right now it's just replacing the main suit so i'd like to figure out how totally new outfits all together. 

All as standalone ? sounds cool! , but i think it'll need to research further how the engine works on items.

anyway ,just had a ideia , for a alternate extra leotard option (no silver part on both legs) and the socks removed too , to looks more light . (just a ideia)

Good Luck! Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back, I've been very busy with other things so I haven't had time to work on my mod BUT I've added a few new features to GE3 Mod Loader.

First off very small minor feature no one will care about, I added the ability to remove ASLR(Address Space Layout Randomization), this is just something that randomizes the base address of the games functions to make the harder to find in code. I don't expect anyone to really make use of this I only did it because I could.

Now onto the bigger feature, Advanced Mod Seeking! This feature will expand the places the plugin will look for files including

"mods\resources"

"resources"

"mods\[mod name here]\resources"

in that priority, this basically means you can have your mods sorted into neat little sub folders or just dump them all into the base game with reckless abandonment.

Please give it out a try: https://github.com/VelouriasMoon/GE3-Mod-Loader/releases/latest

Now for a little Tech Talk,

the basics on how this loader works is by taking advantage of the game falling back to loose files when finds aren't found in packs. The mod loader effectively overwrites the file path in memory before it's loaded with a path that starts with "mods\" or whatever you defined your mods folder as if the files is found in the mods folder. with the advanced seeking it looks every "mods\[mod name here]\[filepath]", "mods\.\[filepath]" and "mods\..\[filepath]", each period representing one directory up from "mods\[mod name here]".

so "mods\." is the "mods" folder where mods were placed before, effectively this becomes "mods\[filepath]" but to the game it's "mods\[mod name here]\^up one directory\[filepath]".

This happens again but with 2 directories up, meaning "mods\[mod name here]\^up two directories\[filepath]", which then leads us to the games original resource folder, however since the game has the path "mods\..\[filepath]" instead of just [filepath] it thinks that it doesn't exist in the pack while still being in it's original path. This pretty much happened by mistake trying to make named mod folders, but it's a mistake that makes the plugin WAY more flexible and user friendly and I'm happy about that.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, Marry Christmas and Happy Holidays fellow god eaters. 

Edited by moonling
On 7/2/2022 at 10:18 AM, ALALALFA said:

上記サリエルMODの修正とハバキリ種の追加を行いました。

現在対応しているのは「サリエル」「ハバキリ」「ハバキリ堕天」「アメノハバキリ」の4種です。

導入方法は上記MODと同様ですが、「アメノハバキリ」(AGM0083_01_~)は 3.と4.の作業に archive_patch10 .pk のファイルも追加で行う必要がありますのでご注意ください。

------------------------------------------

We have modified the above Sariel mod and added the Habakiri species.

The four species currently supported are "Sariel", "Havakiri", "Fallen Havakiri", and "Ameno Havakiri".

The installation method is the same as the above mods, but please note that for "Ameno Havakiri" (AGM0083_01_~), the archive_patch10 .pk file must also be added to the work described in 3. and 4.

Hide contents

image.png.c2b04f28b3eaea62fe7fd2d11e2add05.pngimage.png.8163ed0843040ff34fec5ef813c575cf.pngimage.png.b497b91348ff8fe27a12faa0b14dfb66.png

resource.7z 28.91 MB · 108 downloads

This isn't working for me for some reason, the steps I did are:

1. Moved the 3 "archive_patch10.##" files away.

2. Extracted "archive_patch10.pk" with GE3-Extrator

3. Overwritten the archive_patch10 resource folder with this mod

4. Moved the resource folder in archive_patch10 folder to the game's directory

The character nude mod worked fine but not this.

7 hours ago, Runaiya said:

This isn't working for me for some reason, the steps I did are:

1. Moved the 3 "archive_patch10.##" files away.

2. Extracted "archive_patch10.pk" with GE3-Extrator

3. Overwritten the archive_patch10 resource folder with this mod

4. Moved the resource folder in archive_patch10 folder to the game's directory

The character nude mod worked fine but not this.

It seems to me that the way to do it is...

If there is anything to be concerned about, Habakiri will probably be fine that way, but Sariel will need to do the same for files beginning with archive_patch1

On 12/24/2022 at 7:16 AM, moonling said:

I'm back, I've been very busy with other things so I haven't had time to work on my mod BUT I've added a few new features to GE3 Mod Loader.

First off very small minor feature no one will care about, I added the ability to remove ASLR(Address Space Layout Randomization), this is just something that randomizes the base address of the games functions to make the harder to find in code. I don't expect anyone to really make use of this I only did it because I could.

Now onto the bigger feature, Advanced Mod Seeking! This feature will expand the places the plugin will look for files including

"mods\resources"

"resources"

"mods\[mod name here]\resources"

in that priority, this basically means you can have your mods sorted into neat little sub folders or just dump them all into the base game with reckless abandonment.

Please give it out a try: https://github.com/VelouriasMoon/GE3-Mod-Loader/releases/latest

Now for a little Tech Talk,

the basics on how this loader works is by taking advantage of the game falling back to loose files when finds aren't found in packs. The mod loader effectively overwrites the file path in memory before it's loaded with a path that starts with "mods\" or whatever you defined your mods folder as if the files is found in the mods folder. with the advanced seeking it looks every "mods\[mod name here]\[filepath]", "mods\.\[filepath]" and "mods\..\[filepath]", each period representing one directory up from "mods\[mod name here]".

so "mods\." is the "mods" folder where mods were placed before, effectively this becomes "mods\[filepath]" but to the game it's "mods\[mod name here]\^up one directory\[filepath]".

This happens again but with 2 directories up, meaning "mods\[mod name here]\^up two directories\[filepath]", which then leads us to the games original resource folder, however since the game has the path "mods\..\[filepath]" instead of just [filepath] it thinks that it doesn't exist in the pack while still being in it's original path. This pretty much happened by mistake trying to make named mod folders, but it's a mistake that makes the plugin WAY more flexible and user friendly and I'm happy about that.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, Marry Christmas and Happy Holidays fellow god eaters. 

That a huge step for modding possibilities on GE3!

i hope modders didnt abandoned this game , its fun to play sometimes with friends or random queue on online match.

2 hours ago, ALALALFA said:

It seems to me that the way to do it is...

If there is anything to be concerned about, Habakiri will probably be fine that way, but Sariel will need to do the same for files beginning with archive_patch1

Both Havakiri and Sariel aren't working, I'm not sure why either.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, jimkage said:

Does anything in this thread still works ? Tried for an hour but nothing worked so I refunded. Now I hate this game. :c

Read this, mod still works on official steam version. (I bought on the next sale after that post.) I JUST booted it up right before writing this post.

• 1 month later...