Hello. This remains a wonderful mod, and thanks again for sharing it. Lately I've noticed a couple of issues, possibly related to its integration with AAF Violate. This is not necessarily a bug with the Raider Pet mod and likely part of integration between other mods, but I mention it just in case.

Twice now when my character has been captured and went through the day long period to get the "Boss wants to talk to you" phase the boss to which I was directed ended up being a feral ghoul. As feral ghouls cannot speak, it essentially breaks the chain and forces me to kill the boss instead of progressing in the quest line. The pet chain started the first time with raiders as the capturers and the second time as super mutants as the capturers. So it's not an issue of how the chain starts but that the boss is not always the same race as when it begins.

If there is a setting in MCM I can set to block feral ghouls from becoming the boss I'd appreciate being told what that is.

Also, fyi, my current play through is no-combat, no-weapons and no-armor. I built up pick pocket, sneak and explosives, and I do nearly all my killing by stashing a live grenade in enemies. So my character lets herself get captured and then secretly kills everyone by blowing them up. It's fun :)

But when the captors put devious devices mittens on her, this gets treated as arming a weapon, and her disguises as a pet ends, and she has to start the pet chain again from the beginning. I don't mind the mittens stopping the quest, but it wouldn't be so bad if feral ghouls didn't become the boss forcing the whole scenario to be done from the beginning :)

Thanks again for the awesome mod :)

The ghoul thing can happen if the group that captured you is too small, eg random strays , this does not happen when you are caught in places where there are designated bosses like Jared in Corvega etc etc I think the mod does not find said boss and assigns the title to some random npc  and that random npc is not necesarily closeby, there is no way to block it as far as I know, so try to only be caught by big gangs ?

54 minutes ago, Maion said:

The ghoul thing can happen if the group that captured you is too small, eg random strays , this does not happen when you are caught in places where there are designated bosses like Jared in Corvega etc etc I think the mod does not find said boss and assigns the title to some random npc  and that random npc is not necesarily closeby, there is no way to block it as far as I know, so try to only be caught by big gangs

?

Good advice, Maion. Thanks :)

Well, this is fucked up. I started a new game and have loaded all these mods including Raider Pet. It shouldn't have, but it became activated during a CSA Abduction. I was taken to a site with Raiders and when I talked to one of them the bastard slapped the collar on me. Eventually, I killed them all. They are all fucking dead and NOT A ONE of them has they key to the collar. The chest did not have a key in it either. There is no fucking key! Now...I'm fucking screwed. Twenty minutes later my character is fucking dead when the collar blows. Is there a console command to remove the collar?

22 minutes ago, Malphias said:

Well, this is fucked up. I started a new game and have loaded all these mods including Raider Pet. It shouldn't have, but it became activated during a CSA Abduction. I was taken to a site with Raiders and when I talked to one of them the bastard slapped the collar on me. Eventually, I killed them all. They are all fucking dead and NOT A ONE of them has they key to the collar. The chest did not have a key in it either. There is no fucking key! Now...I'm fucking screwed. Twenty minutes later my character is fucking dead when the collar blows. Is there a console command to remove the collar?

That's happened to me a couple of times (maybe twice out of 20 or so captures). I think usually I get out of it by finding the ID of the collar (player.inv) and then typing:

player.drop [id of collar] 1

That'll drop the collar on the ground. I'm pretty sure that's what I do, though it's been a few weeks since it happened to me :)

EDIT: I noticed the Crime and Punishment mod (on Nexus) has an option to use Willpower to get out of restraints. I haven't tried it on an exploding collar, but it worked on a devious device corset. That's probably worth trying if nothing else works :)

EDIT #2: I think it was Crime and Punishment, though it might have been one of the sex stats or the like. Sorry I can't remember which mod has that option. It's buried in the MCM and not automatically activated.

6 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

That's happened to me a couple of times (maybe twice out of 20 or so captures). I think usually I get out of it by finding the ID of the collar (player.inv) and then typing:

player.drop [id of collar] 1

That'll drop the collar on the ground. I'm pretty sure that's what I do, though it's been a few weeks since it happened to me :)

EDIT: I noticed the Crime and Punishment mod (on Nexus) has an option to use Willpower to get out of restraints. I haven't tried it on an exploding collar, but it worked on a devious device corset. That's probably worth trying if nothing else works :)

EDIT #2: I think it was Crime and Punishment, though it might have been one of the sex stats or the like. Sorry I can't remember which mod has that option. It's buried in the MCM and not automatically activated.

Thanks for the help but it didn't work. Even though there is a message saying it was dropped, it didn't actually get removed. Soon as the command was executed the pop up showed in game for me to pick lock, cut, etc...player.removeitem didn't work either.

1 hour ago, Malphias said:

Open the MCM and turn On DeBug, then use it to force remove the collar.

My bad! That was for Real Handcuffs.
Console:
help restraint 4 keyw

player.additem xxxxxxxx

xxxx being the restraints key.

And one more thing. Never force remove a scripted item.  Doing so doesn't trigger the items script which, as you've noticed, will still be running. ;)

32 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Console:
help restraint 4 keyw

player.additem xxxxxxxx

And one more thing. Never force remove a scripted item.  Doing so doesn't trigger the items script which, as you've noticed, will still be running. ;)

Just Adding to your list, @izzyknows

Help (restraint/chastity/slave collar) 4 keym

Also

Help handcuffs 4

for the keys there as well if you have real handcuffs installed...

But what is more fun, is simply run... run into you run into another raider - keep searching - run some more... :)  

It really isn't hopeless.... 

John

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

Console:
help restraint 4 keyw

player.additem xxxxxxxx

Thank you very much. Now I can continue my game/testing.  Somehow need to get all these mods to work together without screwing with each other. As I said, this started out via AAF Violate into a CSA Abduction but during my time as a playtoy somehow talking to a Raider fired off Raider Pet.  This was problematic...the prisoner chest contained Raider Pet inventory AS WELL as CSA inventory. When I killed the boss and opened the chest, I got Raider Pet. The Abduction wasn't completing because I didn't get my inventory back. But, I dropped a ceramic cup into the chest and CSA triggered it's item retrieval. Raider Pet doesn't have an MCM? :( Too bad, I could deactivate it when a CSA is trigggered and vice versas.

47 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

Just Adding to your list, @izzyknows

Help (restraint/chastity/slave collar) 4 keym

Also

Help handcuffs 4

for the keys there as well if you have real handcuffs installed...

But what is more fun, is simply run... run into you run into another raider - keep searching - run some more... :)  

It really isn't hopeless.... 

John

But...I don't want to run from one Raider group to another.  That's not my game. For this play I am not Nora...Shawn isn't my son...he's my little brother.  Shocking for her to see Sanctuary, and Codsworth says there are people in Concord so she goes to check it out, right after vomiting over the side of the bridge when she sees the body. In Concord she hears the gunfire and curious gets closer to see, only to be spotted by a Raider that chases her into an alley and abuses her. Very devastating event! Made worse because she's sold off to be a sex toy to an entire group of raiders.

Eventually, she's had enough and gets up the nerve to break free or just die. She takes out the leader, and damned if she doesn't kill every raider there! (She doesn't know jack shit about player game bias LOL).  She's in shock. Alone. And in unknown territory with no clue where to go.

So...now that I got that damn collar off...I can wander the streets frightened and demoralized and hoping to find...some decent people. We all know that ain't happening but who knows who she runs into...maybe raiders...maybe Super Mutants which will totally freak her out...or ghouls...her wrecked mind just may shatter for good.

That's were I am at...as long as these mods play nice with each other.

On 5/22/2020 at 1:33 PM, Maion said:

The ghoul thing can happen if the group that captured you is too small, eg random strays , this does not happen when you are caught in places where there are designated bosses like Jared in Corvega etc etc I think the mod does not find said boss and assigns the title to some random npc  and that random npc is not necesarily closeby, there is no way to block it as far as I know, so try to only be caught by big gangs ?

It's not really the mod pulling in the ghoul, it's the base game having a screwed up notion of how to fill the relevant alias.  There are a few places the game identifies as 'raider camp', but the 'boss' reference is to a feral ghoul, hostile to the raiders.  The one place I know this can happen is at one of the Mass Pike tunnels... but there may well be other examples.

There's also a ghoul boss in Monsignor Pizza, but that one's not feral.  So the mod still works.

My apologies if someone has already answered the questions I have and I just didn't see it, but I'm having a few issues. First, Jun says his dialogue and such but never gives me the note. Second, when going to corvega unarmed, I'm still getting attacked. The quest is running and i have used the force disarm command, nothing i try seems to work. Any ideas?

6 hours ago, remidove said:

My apologies if someone has already answered the questions I have and I just didn't see it, but I'm having a few issues. First, Jun says his dialogue and such but never gives me the note. Second, when going to corvega unarmed, I'm still getting attacked. The quest is running and i have used the force disarm command, nothing i try seems to work. Any ideas?

Don't know about the note, but it should have gotten the quest running anyways if Jun came to speak to you, when you go to the Raiders, you must be certain not to have ANY weapons in your Inventory, no guns, no knives, no grenades etc, if you just disarm but still have the weapons on you, they will still attack.

10 hours ago, Maion said:

Don't know about the note, but it should have gotten the quest running anyways if Jun came to speak to you, when you go to the Raiders, you must be certain not to have ANY weapons in your Inventory, no guns, no knives, no grenades etc, if you just disarm but still have the weapons on you, they will still attack.

I'm absolutely sure there's no weapons in my inv. I emptied my inventory entirely (except for quest items I couldn't drop) and raiders are still hostile. I'm not sure what I'm missing here...

19 hours ago, Maion said:

odd, try this in console:    "startquest RaiderPetDialogueQuest"    , it should start the quest without the note anyways.

See that's my issue. I've used that command multiple times and "sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest" shows that the quest is running, but nothing changes, raiders still hostile.

So after uninstalling and reinstalling Fallout 4 for an unrelated issue, and reinstalling all my mods, Raider Pet worked just fine. Not sure what the issue was in the first place but i guess it's fixed now. However i've come across another problem. After getting the mod working as it should and talking to Jared, my collar randomly started beeping and killed me. I'm still inside corvega so it shouldn't be like out of range or anything. Any ideas as to why this might happen?

On 5/26/2020 at 5:40 AM, remidove said:

So after uninstalling and reinstalling Fallout 4 for an unrelated issue, and reinstalling all my mods, Raider Pet worked just fine. Not sure what the issue was in the first place but i guess it's fixed now. However i've come across another problem. After getting the mod working as it should and talking to Jared, my collar randomly started beeping and killed me. I'm still inside corvega so it shouldn't be like out of range or anything. Any ideas as to why this might happen?

Were you on a quest given by Lucky?

1 hour ago, LL_Cass said:

No I wasnt I only had the initial meeting with lucky no quest given I dont even know how to trigger the quests yet

Jared had already given you the quest to meet Lucky? Anyway, has the collar exploded since reloading your save?

On 5/23/2020 at 11:56 PM, remidove said:

9 out of 10 times, that means your script environment is borked.  The quest is running, or Jun wouldn't have any dialogue - but the handing over of the note is done by a script.  Common causes are missing DD (while having 2 or more mods with 'soft' dependencies on it), or broken F4SE install (missing script files).

On 5/25/2020 at 5:40 PM, remidove said:

However i've come across another problem. After getting the mod working as it should and talking to Jared, my collar randomly started beeping and killed me

Not servicing raiders often enough.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 12:59 AM, Tanglin said:

Jared had already given you the quest to meet Lucky? Anyway, has the collar exploded since reloading your save?

Yes Jared already told me to go see lucky I went and seen lucky but he did not give any quests for me to follow, no the collar has not exploded since my reload of the save so that helped,. Im currently trying again just to see if lucky gives a quest but this is the 3rd time trying and no quests from lucky in the past. Is there a way to trigger lucky into giving his quest via  console command ??

7 minutes ago, LL_Cass said:

Yes Jared already told me to go see lucky I went and seen lucky but he did not give any quests for me to follow, no the collar has not exploded since my reload of the save so that helped,. Im currently trying again just to see if lucky gives a quest but this is the 3rd time trying and no quests from lucky in the past. Is there a way to trigger lucky into giving his quest via  console command ??

I think you can trigger Lucky's quest through console commands, but I'm not 100% it won't lead to other unintended consequences. Stobor, the mod author, would be the one to help you with that, and the exact quest stage number. However, without using console commands, Lucky should give you a quest on his own. Talk to him, and if he has nothing, let the raiders have some fun with you, and then talk to him again.