Devious Devices FNIS issues with Vortex

So just got back into SE modding, was on the lovers lab looking for lore friendly Adult mods. I found Devious Devices, Lore, assets, integration and all the needed base files for the mod to function. I ran it without FNIS and no animations i went to try FNIS and it gave me 4 warnings about various animations not being SSE compatible. Long story short im a bit lost on how to fix my FNIS and get Sexlab, Devious devices, lore and framework running. Help appreciated

FNIS readout

FNIS Behavior V7.4.5   1/28/2019 8:15:46 PM
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.62.0 - D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_DD_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
Reading DD V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 493 alternate animations) ...
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_DD2_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
Reading DD2 V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 330 alternate animations) ...
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_DD3_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
Reading DD3 V4.1.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 102 alternate animations) ...
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_DDSL_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
Reading DDSL V4.0.0 ...
Reading FNISBase V7.4.5 ...
Reading SexLab V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V2.9 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...
Reading XPMSE V7.2  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
No GENDER directory male
No GENDER directory female
Alternate Animation mods: 4 sets: 41 total groups: 180 added file slots: 1388 alternate files: 1089

Creature Pack not installed

2812 animations for 10 mods successfully included (character).
 4 Warning(s).

• 4 months later...
On 1/28/2019 at 9:17 PM, kamatokai13 said:

So just got back into SE modding, was on the lovers lab looking for lore friendly Adult mods. I found Devious Devices, Lore, assets, integration and all the needed base files for the mod to function. I ran it without FNIS and no animations i went to try FNIS and it gave me 4 warnings about various animations not being SSE compatible. Long story short im a bit lost on how to fix my FNIS and get Sexlab, Devious devices, lore and framework running. Help appreciated

FNIS readout

FNIS Behavior V7.4.5   1/28/2019 8:15:46 PM
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.62.0 - D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_DD_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
Reading DD V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 493 alternate animations) ...
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_DD2_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
Reading DD2 V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 330 alternate animations) ...
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_DD3_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
Reading DD3 V4.1.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 102 alternate animations) ...
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_DDSL_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
Reading DDSL V4.0.0 ...
Reading FNISBase V7.4.5 ...
Reading SexLab V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V2.9 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...
Reading XPMSE V7.2  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
No GENDER directory male
No GENDER directory female
Alternate Animation mods: 4 sets: 41 total groups: 180 added file slots: 1388 alternate files: 1089

Creature Pack not installed

2812 animations for 10 mods successfully included (character).
 4 Warning(s).

Wrong Versions.

Spoiler

Should be 5 files put hotfix below DDx,DDA,DDI, Runtime fix after that

Deleted outdated files 

Edited by jaeos
delete outdated files to stop idiots from downloading them
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 4:58 AM, jaeos said:

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou, this same issue has been driving me nuts for ages,

2 hours ago, chloe5050 said:

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou, this same issue has been driving me nuts for ages,

You should check the DD Beta SE thread instead of downloading outdated files. Chances are you'll have issues if you install these, as you need an updated dll file from DDi to make it work with the latest skse releases. In the last pages of this thread you'll find an updated all in one + instructions on how to install it.

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2019 at 11:58 PM, jaeos said:

It says put them ive been here for 6 hours trying to figure out where to put them? can you tell me where i dont ddo a lot of modding

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 11:46 PM, Cinnabuny said:

It says put them ive been here for 6 hours trying to figure out where to put them? can you tell me where i dont ddo a lot of modding

I am so sorry, my cpu blew up in February and i just got my new rig built.

You should be using a mod manager to install mods. if you decide you don't need a mod manager you will (most likely) screw mup your entire skyrim install and need to reinstall the entire thing. i use Mod Organizer 2 MO2. On MO2 you will click the pictogram that has a CD in the picture. Navigate to where you saved those files and starting with the first one (you do this 5 times) install the mods listed (DDXpansion DDAssets, DDIntergration, DDHOTFIX and then the SKSE LAST. BUT.. THESE FILES ARE OUTDATED>> They were current a year ago. When i posted them here. Kimy made a post (she's the author) HERE that can help you integrate the newest Devious Devices.  

• 1 month later...

been having issues with the past few versions of bodyslide not building outfits and missing textures but now the only thing that shows up in game with DD is plugs and some collars and nothing else ive run bodyslide at leat 20+ time and nothing. when I start the game it says that I have the wrong version of skyrim and need to update to version 1.5.97 but last I checkeed I was in fact playing SSE.  spent the past 4 days reading through all devious device related forums and such and trying all manner of fixes but shit is still very much fucked the anims work though, also vortex is also throwing this error, would love some help because at this point I am convinced I am in fact retarded.

Last time you ran the game, one or more script extender plugins failed to load. This normally happens when you try to load mods which are not compatible with the installed version of the script extender. To fix the problem you can check for an update on the mod page of the failed plugin or disable it until its updated.

Error(s) reported:

-"MfgConsole.dll" (SexLab_v161_TO_v162_PATCH.zip): not a valid dll (code 193)

-"SexLabUtil.dll" (SexLab_v161_TO_v162_PATCH.zip): not a valid dll (code 193)

-"StorageUtil.dll" (SexLab_v161_TO_v162_PATCH.zip): not a valid dll (code 193)

• 1 year later...
On 6/3/2019 at 6:58 AM, jaeos said:

Downloaded these files and now there is only one warning:

Reading DD3 V4.1.0 ... 
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_DDC_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<

any suggestions?

12 hours ago, cat with thorns said:

Downloaded these files and now there is only one warning:

Reading DD3 V4.1.0 ... 
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_DDC_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<

any suggestions?

you have the LE versions not the SE versions. These versions are very out of date now. But they should not give you that warning. 

DD3 V4.1.0 is the LE version. the current se version is 5.1.7 which is HERE

On 2/25/2022 at 4:35 AM, jaeos said:

you have the LE versions not the SE versions. These versions are very out of date now. But they should not give you that warning. 

DD3 V4.1.0 is the LE version. the current se version is 5.1.7 which is HERE

I've tried to install this version, but was unable. Both Vortex and MO2 says that skyrim.esm and update.esm not active though they are in masters list.

1 hour ago, cat with thorns said:

I've tried to install this version, but was unable. Both Vortex and MO2 says that skyrim.esm and update.esm not active though they are in masters list.

And why are you looking for other ways/versions to install DD instead of fixing that problem? There is no other way to install DD than to use the current installer (DD 5.1). If you're having an issue with multiple mods managers not finding base game files, then it's likely that said mod managers are trying to use an old or incomplete game installation instead of the current one. Verify game files in Steam and check that your mod manager is pointing to the correct install.

edit: other things you may try (or should be doing since day1 but there is no way to know if it applies to your case): don't install Steam, your games or any mod related files in Program Files or other system created folders (Documents, Desktop); open the Skyrim launcher once, or start the game directly from Steam once. 

Edited by Just Don't
3 hours ago, Just Don&#x27;t said:

And why are you looking for other ways/versions to install DD instead of fixing that problem? There is no other way to install DD than to use the current installer (DD 5.1). If you're having an issue with multiple mods managers not finding base game files, then it's likely that said mod managers are trying to use an old or incomplete game installation instead of the current one. Verify game files in Steam and check that your mod manager is pointing to the correct install.

edit: other things you may try (or should be doing since day1 but there is no way to know if it applies to your case): don't install Steam, your games or any mod related files in Program Files or other system created folders (Documents, Desktop); open the Skyrim launcher once, or start the game directly from Steam once. 

Yeah, well I've fixed problem, it was Vortex not DD, but thanks

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2022 at 8:06 AM, jayyhus said:

How did you fix the problem? I'm having the exact same issue and it's driving me nuts!

Only just come across this as I'm migrating over to Vortex from NMM and experienced this issue. I resolved it by editing the moduleconfig.xml found in the Fomod directory and just removed the two lines reference to the dependencies on sexlabframework and sexlabaroused. Then installed like a charm using Vortex. Have attached a copy just incase you're still having issues and interested in upgrading to 5.1 

ModuleConfig.xml