How To UUNP - REDONE!

How To UUNP - REDONE!

View File

How To UUNP - REDONE!     by C5Kev       Updated April  2019

*  *  Added an MS Word Document with Images  *  *

Now With Added Fun and Excitement

This guide is designed to assist those that would like to utilize older, non-physics-based UNP / CBBE outfits and turn them into UUNP / BodySlide outfits, so they can properly fit a user's BodySlide preset, as well as add body physics so said outfits have "jiggly-bits".  The following "process" isn't hard, just that some things need to be done in a certain order. So let's get started!

File Actions

START OUTFIT STUDIO   Duh...!

Start a new project. "File > New Project". A dialog box will appear. Select "Unified UNP HDT" , click "Next"...

Screens_1.jpg.ef195943487042e9a209e465840fd9d2.jpg

Start with the cuirass, selecting the "High Weight" , "_1.nif" file...

Screens_2.jpg.7ca56de817a67713eb05f0016c959cbd.jpg

NOTE:  If the outfit is CBBE HDT, locate its .nif files from the "Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData" directory if you've installed the mod or wherever you might have un-zipped it.

The outfit and a generic "reference" body will appear. Now, the reference body is only there as a "place marker" that will be replaced with your body preset when making the outfit in BodySlide. Notice that "UUNP" is in green, which denotes that it is the "reference".

Screens_3.jpg.667babdf6c467deed5164208fa43c602.jpg

Some outfits may fit the reference body perfectly, while others won't.  The majority of the time, a body is often included with the outfit or "clothes" part. We only want the clothes, so turn on / off "parts" to find and delete that body. Many times, the body included isn't called "body", but something else as shown below...

Screens_3.jpg.667babdf6c467deed5164208fa43c602.jpg

In the upper-right window pane, it's best to change the clothes to "wire mesh" so you can see through the outfit for a good fit to the body.

Sliders  - There are actually two parts to the UUNP slider list - individual body part sliders and lower down, generic UNP body shapes.  So first start by moving one of the generic UNP body shape sliders toward 100%. Most times moving one or a combo of a couple will fit the reference body into the outfit. Trying UNPB High or UNPB Oppai High are a good starting point. For this case, it's a "SeveNBase" body.

With the new "UUNP" "reference" body in and the old SeveNBase body out, I've renamed the meshes ("right-click > rename" or press F2)  so I know what's what. Time to fit the clothes to the new body...

Screens_4.jpg.725200c8f5a328f110fd17fa51ca7777.jpg

Scroll down the slider list of the "generic" UNP body shapes. I've selected "SeveNBase". If you look at the earlier images, the body was actually named "S7B", which is SeveNBase Bomshell", but I'm using a body that's a little "off" to show some things...

Screens_5.jpg.f9b53c4d6945491bdbece93df4c01902.jpg

"SeveNBase" fits sorta good, but we can make it a bit better. Notice that I've moved the "Back" and "RoundAss" sliders to fit tighter to the bottom...

Screens_6.jpg.137e31b12cd851368bf108f703ebcbed.jpg

** CRITICAL STEPS AHEAD **

The cuirass fits pretty good now, so it's "Magic Time".   Select "File > Make Conversion Reference"...

Screens_7.jpg.70c9888b746ae01a11d9472f7f075e32.jpg

The following dialog will display. No need to name it, just click "OK"...

Screens_8.jpg.99cf723457d0e34e14b41afc4d5729b9.jpg

Now, select "Slider > Conform All".  This step is what makes the clothes "Stick" to the body.  Hey, what happened to all of the sliders?  Hang on...

Screens_9.jpg.d0e3d6a0073d7c3edfecbc6951e4e489.jpg

Move the "ConvertToBase" slider to 100%.  It's the basis for "100% character weight" in BodySlide...

Screens_10.jpg.2b311e4b403e41688cc05936b3104dad.jpg

Now, select "Slider > Set Base Shape"...

Screens_11.jpg.7bd0806f969c4e75a627401bffc42559.jpg

Now it's time to load up a new, generic UUNP "reference" body based from all the above settings. Select "File > Load Reference" and select "UUNP HDT" like we did at the very beginning...

Screens_13.jpg.cff6ef63e47c2f0c1ec11ffd00737219.jpg

A new body "pops" in and notice that our sliders have now returned...

Screens_14.jpg.72fcdbe14727ea268c370887e4b56e53.jpg

Once again, select "Slider > Conform All" to make the clothes "stick" to the new body...

Screens_15.jpg.476a32330556b70d83211489892e7d2a.jpg

** CRITICAL STEPS OVER **

OK...looks pretty good.  Now for some clothes "fine tuning"...

Screens_16.jpg.65dbccbd14a0f0461e3de1a13ff16f36.jpg

Pressing key #2 activates the "inflate" brush, key #3 ativates the "deflate" brush.  You'll want to keep brush size and strength around the area shown.  The brush circle shows an area that too high and to the left an area that's too low. Lightly tap your mouse button to make those areas more level...

Screens_17.jpg.2c77cbf53c642a63f1a2ffee9b90e2bf.jpg

Many times, things like bikini strings aren't done all too well.  Below, change the "Panty Strings" mode to "wire frame" so we can see the vertices. Press key #4 to activate the "move" brush. Move groups of vertices accordingly so we get a nice, smooth arc around the hips...

Screens_46.jpg.b286833a26c86f1b623e39be6dd7abff.jpg

There, that's better.  I often use the deflate brush to place "strings" so they're just under the body skin, then use the inflate brush to pop them back out so they're close to the body...

Screens_18.jpg.494960a50e336f0ca3abbf1352da310b.jpg

Check around back to make sure all items are showing or not in weird positions...

Screens_19.jpg.80436d197bb2c5d6a64100df808decab.jpg

Things are looking pretty good. Now's a good time to save, so fill out a "Display Name", we know this part of the outfit was named "cuirass", so type that in and fill in the "Output Data Path" as to where you want you armor parts to go to when it time to use BodySlide.  Now press the "To Project" button, which fills in the "Project" area. These are the appropriate BodySlide file names and locations that contain the outfit's "data" BodySlide needs so it can fit the outfit to your character's preset.

Screens_20.jpg.4af074ef132c6ecf37e35f9936d971ab.jpg

With that done, now you'll need to go through the "body part" sliders by clicking its pencil (activate edit mode), to see how the body affects the outfit. Supposedly, making changes while the slider is purple (edit mode), saves the changes.  While that seems to be true for CBBE, I've found that with UUNP, the changes don't always stay. Why? don't know. 

So, click the pencil (activate) to see where skin pops through, click the pencil again (de-activate) - remembering where you saw "stuff". Use your inflate / deflate brushes to correct things, then click the pencil again (activate) to see how it looks.  When it looks good, move on. It sounds more tedious than it really is.  Also know that not all sliders are going to affect, say, the cuirass - like "calves" or sometimes "arms".

Screens_21.jpg.dbd9048bcc4f285a4ace309ed170f557.jpg

Looking good back here...especially if your a "Chubby Butt" fan...

Screens_22.jpg.8b2ba93d4bf35f5c43d28bb834bd81cb.jpg

OK. Physics Time!  What physics Law describes how light acts within a prism?  Oops, sorry. Wrong "physics".  Below, select the outfit mesh parts and right-click, selecting "Copy Bone Weights"...

Screens_24.jpg.28beced1e6b2f855109891fd01ba4344.jpg

This dialog appears and while the default arrow locations are probably good, I usually bump them up a bit...

Screens_25.jpg.e8359f8804d9e506bceadd91263e9ae9.jpg

Time to save again. Since you did this earlier, everything's filed in already, so "Save".     Congratulations my friend, you've just converted an old UNP outfit to "UUNP" with body physics. Now hit a local pub (or even a dance club) and tell anyone who will listen - they'll be very interested!  ?  Especially the grizzled, old fart drinking by himself...

Screens_26.jpg.1600b15fca158616f9f5dd668cbd4785.jpg

Boots and / or Shoes 

You've done the "main" armor part, so let's try some boots.  If the above is still "loaded", select "File > Unload Project". Now, "File > New Project" and select the "High Weight "boots_1.nif" file...

Hmmm...  OK.

Screens_27.jpg.f624b402da94b819057fea955eee629e.jpg

This time I'm going to select using the "SeveNBase Bombshell" body by clicking its pencil to see how it looks.   Hey, looks almost perfect...

Screens_28.jpg.013bf3664f49b9e0b896d338b63db40a.jpg

** CRITICAL STEPS AHEAD **

So, select "File > Make Conversion Reference"...

Screens_29.jpg.5c1fda0c363c47815f595eaf6e2b3f51.jpg

This dialog appears again, no need to name, just click "OK"...

Screens_30.jpg.00f5acbc53989f699f7c7678507c11cd.jpg

Select "Slider > Conform All".  Again, "Conform All" is what makes the mesh "stick" to the body.  Damn sliders disappeared again, but they'll be back...

Screens_31.jpg.85f5d88bba509a5ec834a5244012afdf.jpg

Move the "ConvertToBase" slider to 100%...

Screens_32.jpg.e7c3d7ad5d00b8642828586e50a731b7.jpg

Select "Slider > Set Base Shape"...

Screens_33.jpg.d49665cf1eeb82fa8411f40ce5fe7485.jpg

Time again to load a new, generic UUNP "reference" body...

Screens_34.jpg.0db97a5896a7fb74c3117f9457b79f6b.jpg

Select "UUNP HDT" as you did earlier...

Screens_35.jpg.a2146332b8835798fcc195645a045780.jpg

** CRITICAL STEPS OVER **

BAMM!  Look at that, a perfect fit!  Well, almost...

Screens_36.jpg.c76792dd366e8878f833a5af1d932a0d.jpg

Select "Slider > Conform All" to make the boots "stick" to the new body...

Screens_37.jpg.e24dd0c836e2c9c30e088774c4762276.jpg

Time again to go through the "body part" sliders to see how things react. "Chubby Legs" looks good so far...

Screens_38.jpg.b4fe23ae6668c3f96f392393f41ea9b9.jpg

Ah! A tiny bit of skin showing on the back-side.  Brush up!

Screens_39.jpg.1dc39b1c01268ace14ae3f0ddd109ed6.jpg

OK, I've got things where I want them and have renamed the meshes ("right-click > rename" or press F2)

Screens_40.jpg.05f84dca498d8e048d8a525aa41cb94b.jpg

Remember, there is only one (1) "reference" body per outfit, normally the torso or chest area.  That means we need to delete the "UUNP" reference body here.  But wait!  These "boots" have exposed feet, so we'll have to set them as a "reference" so BodySlide knows to add them when making the boots. The word "feet" will turn green.

Screens_41.jpg.685757906af3491907c92a4a6bdb3d88.jpg

Now you can delete the UUNP "reference" body...

Screens_42.jpg.2b2429a068850a5996c495ee3eaa9c41.jpg

OK. Physics Time!  What Law of physics makes a perpetual motion machine impossible?  Oops, sorry. Wrong "physics".  Below, select the outfit mesh parts and right-click, selecting "Copy Bone Weights", but DON'T select feet or shoes / shoes parts aka heels, soles, etc. Anything above the ankles.

Screens_43.jpg.ad0fa55d69dcf74a35a26fcb162c43f8.jpg

This dialog appears and while the default arrow locations are probably good, I usually bump them up a bit...

Screens_44.jpg.4864b8203e7494a521d2370579df73ed.jpg

You're done!  Save time, so fill out a "Display Name", we know this part of the outfit was named "boots", so type that in and fill in the "Output Data Path" as to where you want you armor parts to go to, for when it's time to use BodySlide.  Now press the "To Project" button, which fills in the "Project" area. These are the appropriate BodySlide file names and locations that contain the outfit's "data" BodySlide needs so it can fit the outfit to your character's preset.

Screens_45.jpg.cd2686fe937cdc6fb1735b4b9211625f.jpg

Gloves / Gauntlets - with exposed hands

Handle these items the same way as you did with the boots. Hands now become the "reference" item when deleting the "reference" body. And when applying "Bone Weights", DON'T highlight hands and its "default" nails.

A Little Additional Info -

OUTFIT STUDIO BRUSHES  - A PRIMER

Primary Brushes To Use:   Key 2 = Inflate    Key 3 = Deflate    Key 4 = Move   Key 5 = Smooth

The outfit's wire mesh is composed of various sized triangles, with each corner having a "vertice". Outfit Studio's brush has a red circle and a blue dot - and these affect the mesh vertices.  For now, you'll only need to focus on brush Size and Strength.

- The Size slider is for the overall size of the red circle. The brush will affect (inflate / deflate / smooth) all vertices within that circle. A larger size is good to move lots of vertices is a certain direction. Obviously a smaller size is for "pin-point" adjustments like a low or high spot on a strap.

- The Strength is how much vertices move with one tap of your mouse button. Strength is strongest at the blue dot and weakens as it gets to the edge of the red circle. The strength slider should almost always be rather low, with the slider to the left.

Doing fine tuning takes time and requires some finesse. Light tap your mouse when doing this and continually adjust the brush size and strength.

- Use the #2 - "inflate" brush to cover up exposed body areas. Brush size and strength will need to be adjusted, but keep things "small" - with sliders primarily to the left.

- Use the #3 - "Deflate" brush to make things tighter to the body.

- Use the #4 - "Move" brush to move mesh vertices.

- Use the #5 - "Smooth" brush to smooth out somewhat "wavy" areas.

- Always remember to "Save" at points within this process. If you fuck up, you can reload the project and continue.

Remember, the more experience one has, it'll become easier to judge these items. I can't tell you how to do this part with words.

OUTFIT STUDIO WEIGHT PAINTING

- When trying to save, if you receive a dialog box stating that certain item's vertices have no weighting and will be masked, DON'T SAVE YOUR FILE. Let's continue on...

- The "mask" makes certain areas of parts black-ish, so note which items and areas those are.

- Press Key "T" . That turns all textures into a grey scale so you can more easily see the masking locations. Now highlight an affected part with masking on it.

- Keep a mental picture of where the affected vertices are and "Tool > Clear Mask".

- Click the "Bones" tab on the right and you'll notice all the bones listed.

- When clicking on a bone, notice the areas affected on the reference body. Let those areas be a guide for the affected "parts" and the bones required to be selected for weight painting.

- Based on the part(s), highlight the bones that would affect that part.  Obviously a bra would be affected by the left and right breast bones.  Select the left breast bone and press Key 6, which enables the weight painting brush.  Remember that this can only be done when looking at the "Bones" pane.

- Move your brush strength slider way up toward the right.  Now use the brush on the left side of the bra - you'll notice it starts out blue and the longer one stays in an area, it starts to turn red.  Blue = not too much vertice movement in relation to that bone,  Red = much more movement of vertices in relation to that bone.  The nipple is the farthest from the bone, so make that red and can kinda fade out from there, going up the straps, etc.  Just use some common sense if you think you have some.

- Now do the right side of the bra after selecting the right breast bone.

- Basically, that's all there is to it. Some parts are a little more complicated than others, but after you goof with this a bit, it's quite easy to do and won't take long to do.  Make sure you "paint" all the necessary parts.  I always hit "Slider > Conform All" again just for grins.  Now save.  If you get the message again,  just go back and double-check your work.  It won't take long to fix.

Hope this helps folks - Kev

Screens_12.jpg

Screens_23.jpg

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/17/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    BodySlide, Outfit Studio
  • Special Edition Compatible

2 hours ago, C5Kev said:

OK...and you're telling me why?  :)

because... because there are no pictures in your txt file! ?

not one lewd outfit on 137 lines of text ?

I even tried to install it via NMM, Vortex and MO1-2

still all my CBBE outfits didn't change to UUNP ?

(btw thx for the effort to give us clueless users a brain ^^)

15 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

because... because there are no pictures in your txt file! ?

not one lewd outfit on 137 lines of text ?

I even tried to install it via NMM, Vortex and MO1-2

still all my CBBE outfits didn't change to UUNP ?

(btw thx for the effort to give us clueless users a brain ^^)

?  Dude, we need to up your meds a bit...

thanks for your nice armours and this guide

tried to convert your "Yumiko light tank" and "Woman of the wild" from UUNP to CBBE HDT

failed miserably ?

converting gloves, bras, pauldrons etc is no issue, I manage to convert them and even correct clipping and such, but I mess up any armour part which contains the whole reference body

e.g. C5Kev's Wild Woman Loin Cloth UUNP.nif contains also the UUNP body, if I delete it and replace it with a CBBE HDT body this also works BUT then the reference body is not affected by the build process and stays exactly as the ref body

so ingame all the armour parts working fine and have the shape of my char but there is also a CBBE ref body "overlaying"

have I overlooked a step ?

cheers

55 minutes ago, pinaman said:

thanks for your nice armours and this guide

tried to convert your "Yumiko light tank" and "Woman of the wild" from UUNP to CBBE HDT

failed miserably ?

converting gloves, bras, pauldrons etc is no issue, I manage to convert them and even correct clipping and such, but I mess up any armour part which contains the whole reference body

e.g. C5Kev's Wild Woman Loin Cloth UUNP.nif contains also the UUNP body, if I delete it and replace it with a CBBE HDT body this also works BUT then the reference body is not affected by the build process and stays exactly as the ref body

so ingame all the armour parts working fine and have the shape of my char but there is also a CBBE ref body "overlaying"

have I overlooked a step ?

cheers

"...if I delete it and replace it with a CBBE HDT body".  That doesn't sound right, but I'm not exactly sure how you're doing this.  Since you have some experience with BodySlide, I'll assume you know how to get the body to fit and fix clipping, etc.  As the guide says...

- Start a new project. "File > New Project". A dialog box will appear. Select  "CBBE Body HDT", click "Next".

- The dialog box changes. Don't worry about naming the project yet. Click "From File" and when using one of my mods, select nif's from the "Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData" directory.

- The outfit and a generic "reference" body will appear. Now, the reference body is only there as a "placemarker" and will be replaced with your body preset when making the outfit in BodySlide. Notice that (in your case) "CBBE" is in green, which denotes that it is the "reference".

- Now delete the UUNP body. You shouldn't have to "replace it with a CBBE body" as you said because it was already there.

Now go down to where it says "The Reference Body Fits - For The Most Part" and continue on.

Let me know what happens...

Hi and sorry, was not near my PC for some days :) will try again later today and update this post with some screenshots to make it hopefully a bit more understandable what exactly my issue is (not a native english speaker as you can guess).

I can convert e.g, the Bra and the gloves easily (as it's just a few clicks and they look decent ingame, as soon as I try this with the "panties" all get's messed up:

os1.jpg.c7b40dfa15b3b64561d6597d67013384.jpgos2.jpg.1da875692e6b85dc39dc3ecb6699f0c3.jpgos3.jpg.ea5417583996ba3ef24f754faeb017ee.jpgos4.jpg.394cdd8392010013092b1d629aa728a5.jpgos5.jpg.9d689ca6e3e69bda76ba515fc2c1fc8c.jpg

the only issue is the one in the last pic.

Thanks for looking into this

On 1/28/2019 at 5:49 AM, pinaman said:

Hi and sorry, was not near my PC for some days :) will try again later today and update this post with some screenshots to make it hopefully a bit more understandable what exactly my issue is (not a native english speaker as you can guess).

I can convert e.g, the Bra and the gloves easily (as it's just a few clicks and they look decent ingame, as soon as I try this with the "panties" all get's messed up:

the only issue is the one in the last pic.

Thanks for looking into this

Sorry, I hadn't noticed your response. I don't quite understand what you are trying to say with the 1st 3 pics.  You're converting to CBBE, so in the 2nd pic, why do you have a single slider as well as "UNP high" & "UUNP" bodies?  You should have the loin cloth and a single "CBBE" reference body.  Again, I don't know what or how you're doing things, but I don't think you are following the directions correctly.

3 hours ago, C5Kev said:

Sorry, I hadn't noticed your response. I don't quite understand what you are trying to say with the 1st 3 pics.  You're converting to CBBE, so in the 2nd pic, why do you have a single slider as well as "UNP high" & "UUNP" bodies?  You should have the loin cloth and a single "CBBE" reference body.  Again, I don't know what or how you're doing things, but I don't think you are following the directions correctly.

Edit: Nevermind, I was completely off base here with the original reply.  Didn't look at WHO I was responding to.

4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

I am going to give this guide a try. Tried to follow other guides but with no success. Looks a lot easier to follow as well thank you for this and your work on the armours you do. 

Thanks for your kind words and hopefully all will go well. Like I said, it's not hard ( UNP > UUNP), but certain things need to be done in a certain order. And even though I've tried to describe things as "Do this, then this, then this", some people still seem to mess it up. Perhaps because many don't actually read - they "scan".

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, ryuuzakihentai said:

Hi and thanks for such a useful tutorial. When the project is saved, where does it save? I've checked the output path (meshes\armor) and it isn't there ?

Hello R.  As it says, when saving, be sure to click "To Project" and it fills in the items below. Please reread "The Reference Body Fits" area -  "File > Save Project As". This is just the "fit the clothes to the body project file", it's not making any armor. That needs to be done with BodySlide and it will place the new armor parts wherever you told to go.

6 hours ago, C5Kev said:

Hello R.  As it says, when saving, be sure to click "To Project" and it fills in the items below. Please reread "The Reference Body Fits" area -  "File > Save Project As". This is just the "fit the clothes to the body project file", it's not making any armor. That needs to be done with BodySlide and it will place the new armor parts wherever you told to go.

Found it! Thanks for the help ?

• 1 month later...

Ok, I *think* I followed the directions, trying to convert your Daedric Lace armor to cbbe but it's not turning out right. The cbbe hdt body was already set as the reference, so I deleted out the uunp body. Saved project with "save reference body" ticked. Painted out the clipping and saved again. Copied the bone weight to the cuirass and saved. Built the armor in Bodyslide. Go ingame and my torso disappears when I put it on.

1 hour ago, Rooker said:

Ok, I *think* I followed the directions, trying to convert your Daedric Lace armor to cbbe but it's not turning out right. The cbbe hdt body was already set as the reference, so I deleted out the uunp body. Saved project with "save reference body" ticked. Painted out the clipping and saved again. Copied the bone weight to the cuirass and saved. Built the armor in Bodyslide. Go ingame and my torso disappears when I put it on. 

Hello Rooker.  "The cbbe hdt body was already set as the reference (Yes, it should be), so I deleted out the uunp body."  Yup.

Did you "fit" the CBBE body to the clothes - part C - Sliders? Because you didn't say anything about doing that.  Then, you need to do everything below where it says, "The Reference Body Fits - For The Most Part". Again, you didn't say anything about doing that.  THEN you fix any clipping. 

Your torso disappearing is due to no armor mesh being available. So, since you've made up a new project file, I would check your pathing in the project file to make sure the mesh is being sent to the correct directory - which is "meshes\C5Kev\Daedric Lace".  I would also check the directory to see if the cuirass is, in fact, there.

25 minutes ago, konnoyuuki said:

Probably a dumb question but I was wondering if you could give help on converting heels. When I delete the original feet and load in ref the cbbe feet the feet are super misaligned now since the ref is flat but the original is all arched into the heel. Do I have to somehow move the feet around to fit it in or is there another way to deal with this. This is for oldrim to sse but i think its probably true still.

Hello konno. Well, I don't know much about it and even less about SSE shit.  We're dealing with 3 axis' here, so "misaligned" doesn't telling me much. As screenshot would help.

Any high heel-type shoes should have feet as part of the shoes and you should use those. If you have CBBE shoes, they should already have CBBE feet, so they should line up with the end of the legs.  In your project file, highlight the high-heel feet in the upper-right pane and set them as a reference and check the "copy reference shape..." box.

10 hours ago, C5Kev said:

Your torso disappearing is due to no armor mesh being available. So, since you've made up a new project file, I would check your pathing in the project file to make sure the mesh is being sent to the correct directory - which is "meshes\C5Kev\Daedric Lace".  I would also check the directory to see if the cuirass is, in fact, there.

I was changing the mesh filename to something the plugin wasn't expecting when I saved the project. So I fixed that problem, but now it crashes as soon as I close the inventory menu after putting it on. I copied the bone weights from the cbbe hdt reference to the other parts and I do have a working xpmse skeleton. Maybe I'm corrupting the mesh while I'm fiddling with it?

I'm just going to delete everything and start over tomorrow when I get home from work. I'm sure I'll get it right eventually.

5 hours ago, Rooker said:

I was changing the mesh filename to something the plugin wasn't expecting when I saved the project. So I fixed that problem, but now it crashes as soon as I close the inventory menu after putting it on. I copied the bone weights from the cbbe hdt reference to the other parts and I do have a working xpmse skeleton. Maybe I'm corrupting the mesh while I'm fiddling with it?

I'm just going to delete everything and start over tomorrow when I get home from work. I'm sure I'll get it right eventually.

"I was changing the mesh filename to something..."  I'm not sure how you would think that one could change the file names in an existing mod and expect it to work. I believe if you simply follow my instructions, name files the names they had and place them where they are suppose to go to, things will go much faster in the long run.  My mod is not causing your crashes, what you are doing probably is. Crashes can often be caused by bad nif files.  Good luck!

15 hours ago, C5Kev said:

"I was changing the mesh filename to something..."  I'm not sure how you would think that one could change the file names in an existing mod and expect it to work. I believe if you simply follow my instructions, name files the names they had and place them where they are suppose to go to, things will go much faster in the long run.

Well to be precise, it was because I was following your guide's directions to the letter where you said click the "Save to project" button and it autofilled all the fields. I forgot to go back and change it after because I was continuing to follow the directions to the letter and it slipped my mind. Maybe learn to cool off a little before hitting that big Reply button, bro. I think I'll go find somebody with a little less of a socializing problem next time I get stuck. Have a nice day.