How To UUNP - REDONE!

2 hours ago, Rooker said:

Well to be precise, it was because I was following your guide's directions to the letter where you said click the "Save to project" button and it autofilled all the fields. I forgot to go back and change it after because I was continuing to follow the directions to the letter and it slipped my mind. Maybe learn to cool off a little before hitting that big Reply button, bro. I think I'll go find somebody with a little less of a socializing problem next time I get stuck. Have a nice day.

Dude, my response wasn't meant to piss you off or insult you and I apologize for doing so. I have to respond to a ton of folks that are often times have no idea of UUNP (aka BodySlide) actually is (they just download things), what they're doing with BodySlide or why they're even doing it. While you sound like you know what you're doing, I don't know what your abilities are or how you're doing it because I'm here and you're there.  And the last couple sentences aren't meant "to jab", many people think that a particular mod is causing their rig to crash, without knowing that a bad nif file can do the same.

Because you're using one of my mods, when doing your initial "Start a new project" thing, you should select / load, e.g. the cuirass mesh, from the "Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData" directory.  After you've completed doing all the necessary steps and you go to save, note that in the "Output File Name" box is what should be used as the actual "Display Name", so you can cut-n-paste that in, then hit the "Save To Project" button. Now add the name of your "Output File Name", such as "cuirass" or whatever part it is.   That aspect isn't noted in my guide as it was added at the last minute and didn't think about it, that's my fault and I'll need to update it. 

So again, no malice was intended and if you're still stuck, I'm usually here and more than happy to help.

5 hours ago, Grummkol said:

My biggest headache when converting is weightpainting.  Trying to convert your uunp tentacle armor to CBBE (sse) almost made me throw the pc out of the window :)

Hello Grummkol.  You'll get it, just keep your brush strength kinda low and don't copy any initial weighting to things like shoes, feet, hands, etc., - just the clothes. Can't help with SE, never looked into it.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, tznvlw said:

@C5Kev

Good work? I have read your article, i like it :)

and can you make a pdf file to include text description and pictures?

by the way, your pictures seems to be missing textures?

Hello tznvlw.  Thank you, glad you likey.  A PDF too?  No...or at least not right now.  Textures:  Yes, I am aware. I used meshes from a non-installed mod located on a different drive.  I didn't feel they were really that important for the sake of the article.

1 hour ago, C5Kev said:

Hello tznvlw.  Thank you, glad you likey.  A PDF too?  No...or at least not right now.  Textures:  Yes, I am aware. I used meshes from a non-installed mod located on a different drive.  I didn't feel they were really that important for the sake of the article.

@C5Kev

Thanks for your quick reply :)  these are just some suggestions

4 hours ago, tznvlw said:

@C5Kev

Thanks for your quick reply :)  these are just some suggestions

Hey, I totally agree with you on the PDF idea because we all know text files suck and can't contain images.  But we've moved recently and I haven't found Acrobat yet  ?  (living out of boxes), along with having a newer rig with basically Skyrim and Photoshop on the SSD at this point.  But it did occur to me that I do have WordPad, so I posted a .docx  document with images.  Certainly not the best solution for all users, but for the moment, it's the best I can do.  ?

On 4/23/2019 at 3:31 PM, C5Kev said:

Hey, I totally agree with you on the PDF idea because we all know text files suck and can't contain images.  But we've moved recently and I haven't found Acrobat yet  ?  (living out of boxes), along with having a newer rig with basically Skyrim and Photoshop on the SSD at this point.  But it did occur to me that I do have WordPad, so I posted a .docx  document with images.  Certainly not the best solution for all users, but for the moment, it's the best I can do.  ?

@C5Kev  Very thanks for your hard work :) Here, i made a pdf file for your doc, you can check it?

edited: updated pdf file https://www.loverslab.com/topic/115307-how-to-uunp-redone/?do=findComment&comment=2603725

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...