Lovers Animations Workshop - old one

I'll drop him a private note ...

Hi Varenne' date=' I just got your note. This seems to be a real great advancement, although I'm quite sad that this did not happen earlier. I always was surprised that apparently no one had this idea of making BBB using a tool. But I'm sad that it's so late, cause I will definitely not go back to Oblivion.

I always made NoMaaM tool supported, making the bounce movements using spread sheets, with import/export to Blender. But always with adjustments, could never get it fully automated. THat someone apparently is able to make at least parts totally automatic is really great news. I hope we can bring things over to Skyrim.

Of course you can use NoMaaM. Tell me if I can be of any help (except actually doing some work ;))

Oh yes, can you tell me, what's B5? I assume, BBB plus butt is B4? I used BBBB myself in Skyrim.

[/quote']

I can totally understand not wanting to go 'backwards' to Oblivion. I just had a thought a couple/few days ago when your animation set was recommended as a 'target' for this 'upgrade' (which I agree with and use myself), that you may have something to add is all.

We've also gained some really talented members, and those busy with their own MODs are also finding time to add to this. That and the greater availability of documentation and tutorials is at the core of this renewed interest in Oblivion MODing.

I'm assuming B5 is also BBB+BButts. I think Grumpf coined that new term so he could better speak to it than I.

Thanks for stopping by!

Again a little file for Gerra to experiment with ENUM:Face keys.

Here it is:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Facial_expressions_in_animations

Although you'll see I already edited the article so I won't take everything written there for granted' date=' especially the disphappy and dispanger ones. Also, some expression are mutually exclusive. Neither Nifskope nor the Gamebryo engine will complain but if you mix some of them together they will simply not show...[/color']

Go figure...

Thanks a ton.

I think I have enough now to start coding the animation expression script.

I'll drop him a private note ...

Hi Varenne' date=' I just got your note. This seems to be a real great advancement, although I'm quite sad that this did not happen earlier. I always was surprised that apparently no one had this idea of making BBB using a tool. But I'm sad that it's so late, cause I will definitely not go back to Oblivion.

I always made NoMaaM tool supported, making the bounce movements using spread sheets, with import/export to Blender. But always with adjustments, could never get it fully automated. THat someone apparently is able to make at least parts totally automatic is really great news. I hope we can bring things over to Skyrim.

Of course you can use NoMaaM. Tell me if I can be of any help (except actually doing some work ;))

Oh yes, can you tell me, what's B5? I assume, BBB plus butt is B4? I used BBBB myself in Skyrim.

[/quote']

As a matter of fact, I plan on making Skyrim and Fallout variations to the tool.

If you're interested, just let me know what's required and I'll get to coding it. I am a complete animations noob, so I am very dependent on experienced modders to let me know what they do so that I can replicate it on the back-end. That said, once I know what is required, I'm pretty good at stumbling around drunkenly through an API until I've figured out how to code something.

As a matter of fact' date=' I plan on making Skyrim and Fallout variations to the tool.

If you're interested, just let me know what's required and I'll get to coding it. I am a complete animations noob, so I am very dependent on experienced modders to let me know what they do so that I can replicate it on the back-end. That said, once I know what is required, I'm pretty good at stumbling around drunkenly through an API until I've figured out how to code something.

[/quote']

Hey Gerra, you're a soulmate (or something like that). I'm a very lousy animator, that's why I made NoMaam and FNIS. :D

Before I can tell what I would like to see (for Skyrim) I would need to understand what your tool is doing. I'm not sooo familiar where everything is at this site, so could you please point me to the place where it is best described.

But is this mod fully Blender dependant, as I think I read in an earlier post? Because with Blender we won't get very far at Skyrim.

But is this mod fully Blender dependant' date=' as I think I read in an earlier post? Because with Blender we won't get very far at Skyrim.

[/quote']

Yep.

I'll probably start dabbling with the pyffi libraries at some point and see what sort of havoc I can wreck outside of Blender.

But for the moment all of these Python scripts are dependent on the Blender API.

But is this mod fully Blender dependant' date=' as I think I read in an earlier post? Because with Blender we won't get very far at Skyrim.

[/quote']

Hehe , All the ZaZ animations are done in Blender Only , I havent Used Max for skyrim and Probably Wont .

This was Achieved By Modifying the Import / Export Scripts ,

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=5449

Credits to Lab Rat For Translating .

The Cons of this is that I cant use a custom Skeleton , Because of import/Export Errors

Probably adding the custom nodes from the custom Skeletons in the import/export Scripts might do the job , But im Speculating at this point . I Dont understand Scripts and lines of code etc

Cheers

Hehe ' date=' All the ZaZ animations are done in Blender Only , I havent Used Max for skyrim and Probably Wont .

This was Achieved By Modifying the Import / Export Scripts ,

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=5449

Credits to Lab Rat For Translating .

The Cons of this is that I cant use a custom Skeleton , Because of import/Export Errors

Probably adding the custom nodes from the custom Skeletons in the import/export Scripts might do the job , But im Speculating at this point . I Dont understand Scripts and lines of code etc

[/quote']

It looks like I can add a Skyrim button to my custom Nifscripts import/export scripts that enables those changes only when selected. With any luck I might even be able to track down the custom skeleton problem.

I'll post it in the next few days in the Modders Resources section.

As a matter of fact' date=' I plan on making Skyrim and Fallout variations to the tool.[/quote']

Because with Blender we won't get very far at Skyrim.

I hope that we will be able to easily convert .kf to .kfx or whatever the name is.

If a direct exporter for Max is ever developed, I will be able to assist in creating a link lists for bones and thus, re-export all the animations. Mine only are 600+ so that's a lot.

So let's focus on the tools now and when it'll be flawlessly working we can concentrate on porting it for other games.

Of course you can use NoMaaM.

Thanks!

Oh yes' date=' can you tell me, what's B5? I assume, BBB plus butt is B4? I used BBBB myself in Skyrim.

[/quote']

I officially declare that new animations/tools/skeleton compatible with our bouncing subject should be called BBBB or B4 for short.

BRTky.jpg?1321408042

I officially declare that new animations/tools/skeleton compatible with our bouncing subject should be called BBBB or B4 for short.

Phew' date=' that was close! And here I was afraid someone was going to insist we use one of these as the official name: B-biquadrate, B-biquadratic, B-quartic :P

I like B4. ('Before' what?) :P Sort of like the famous Abbott & Costello routine, "Who's on First?"

Convert Pose 1.7 Alpha

It's here. The big update to convert pose that's I've been hinting at.

This script quickly and painlessly adds customize-able BB Butts or BB Breast animations to any animations. Now, this is an Alpha. It is far from perfect, and there are probably a few bugs that I haven't encountered yet, but it's looking pretty solid.

Here's the BB Breasts control panel:

c2c89080dcee7a0394147a8ccbfacbf96089e55359167630ea061988e6e3c08a3g.jpg

As you can see, the number of control settings for modifying BB Butts animations and BB Breasts animations has grown to absurd levels. But it does a damn fine job if you tweak the settings a bit.

Explanation of Options

Each column controls a single bone.

Move

Enable this to modify the animations for the given bone. Disable this to leave them unmodified. Note: All other options for the bone will be hidden when "Move" is disabled.

Main Bounce

This determines the total number of primary bounces (the large movement) in the animation for the specified bone.

Note: The tool has two modes, harmonic motion and static position.

Set Main Bounce to 0 to use static positioning for the specified bone. For all other settings, the bone will be given harmonic-style motion (pendulum swing, spring jiggle, etc).

Jiggle Bounce

This determines the total number of jiggle bounces. These are small secondary bounces that do not affect the primary movement. Instead they impart a small fleshy jiggle.

Damping

This determines the degree of harmonic damping. With a high damping, the breast movement and jiggles will decrease towards the end of the bounce.

Amplitude

This sets the degree of movement along the X, Y, and Z bone axes

Frequency Multiplier

This increases the frequency of bounce for the X, Y, and Z bone axes, independent of the main bounce. This can be useful for producing, among other things, smooth pendulous swings.

Angle Offset

This allows you to independently shift the start angle in units of pi for the X, Y, and Z bone axes.

Jiggle Amplitude

This increases the jiggle movement along the X, Y, and Z bone axes

Frame Offset

This shifts the angle = 0 condition of the specified bone animation by the specified number of frames. Note: sin() is used to generate the primary amplitude, so amplitude in all directions will be 0 at the Frame Offset frame.

Frames

The total number of frames to generate for the animation.

Recommended tweaks:

To generate a L/R swinging motion, set the Z frequency multiplier to double that of the X.

In order to generate L/R symmetrical animations, the Left Y amplitude generally needs to be set to the negative of the value of the R Y amplitude.

What's missing:

1. Presets. One button click to load settings optimized for particular types of animations. Planned for 1.8 release

2. Save and Load settings. Save animation settings to external file that can be loaded later (or even shared with others). Planned for 1.8 release

3. Button that, when selected, clamps L/R values to each other Planned for 1.8 release

4. Rot and Scale transformations. The code is ready to go. I just need to come up with an interface solution. Planned for 1.8 or 1.9 release

What's next after the missing elements are added:

1. Facial Animation system. Create an interface that allows you to automatically add facial animations to your animations. Planned for 1.9 or 2.0 release

Pose Converter Release Thread

That looks like it will be very useful!

Now to see if I can use it to weight/add BBB to the four breasted meshes I have!

For BBBB weighting, I wrote the the automatic BB Weightpainter. http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=14102

The only problem is that it is designed to work for a single pair of breasts and will completely overwrite the pre-existing weights

One solution would be to use it get creative with the http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=14073

One of the options, "Ring", allows you to arbitrarily select two regions on the two meshes and force the tool to copy the weights as if they perfectly overlapped.

The other solution would be to add a "Don't delete existing BB weightpainting" button to the BB Weightpainter.

Moving onto four breasted animations, the framework I wrote for Pose converter 1.7 is extremely modular. With the current back-end design, it would be fairly simple to add custom skeleton support. I'll add a menu option that allows you to choose from a list of all available armature bones.

Very nice!

And actually gerra6' date=' it's beginning to look like some of the Poser controls and Python plugins I have available to me. The only difference is Poser has 'dials', which I seldom use anyways. I prefer alphanumeric text boxes for better accuracy and control. The negative opposing values sounds right too, same in Poser.

[/quote']

Making the interface accessible and still fully customize-able is probably the biggest remaining challenge. It'a little bit nuts right now, but I'm not really sure how to clean it up and still keep it flexible.

The bounce algorithm is looking pretty good. I'm not 100% satisfied, though. I have some changes to damping that I'll be releasing in the next version that should improve the quality of jiggle bounces.

Any feedback or requests at this point would be immensely helpful in deciding what needs to be tweaked.

Based on just reviewing the above screen capture' date=' is there a reason why you have all 3 sets of bones in the user interface? Is that something that is customizable, i.e. can you break it up to each individual bone OR have the option as a group view of all 3 like you have now. Is there some dynamic that requires them to be a group like that? [/quote']

Yep, the tool allows you to control the bones separately. This is useful for producing different effects. Clicking on the "Move" button makes the respective options for the bone under it disappear. When "Move" is disabled for a given bone, the tool will modify any pre-existing animations for that bone in any way.

One upgrade that is planned are buttons that will link L/R settings, and another one that will link Bone Type settings.

I just have to decide whether to create separate toggle buttons for each option, or just create global link buttons.

Convert Pose 1.8.a Alpha

I am releasing the 1.8.a Alpha update early, before I've finished all of the planned 1.8 features.

The reason? With the absurd number of settings that this tool currently has, without a Save/Load feature it was effectively useless.

1.8.a Updates

1. Frame Offset should be functioning properly now.

1.8 Updates

1. Save, load, or share settings. Simply click the "Save" button to save your current settings or "Load" to load any settings that you have previously saved. Additionally, the settings will be saved to your blender\scripts\bpydata\config folder under the names PC_BBButtock_##.cfg and PC_BBBreast_##.cfg and can thus be shared.

2. Damping function has been redesigned. It now is applied only to the jiggle bounces. In addition, the strength of the damping is now inversely correlated to the location of the bones relative to center. This means that boobs and butts have the most jiggle at the top and bottom of a bounce with the least jiggle in the middle.

Pose Converter Information

This script quickly and painlessly adds customize-able BB Butts or BB Breast animations to any animations. Now, this is an Alpha. It is far from perfect, and there are probably a few bugs that I haven't encountered yet, but it's looking pretty solid.

Here's the BB Butts control panel:

f9cf5fdf5ccbf0608d601e96eb70f9c8dba4fb36d4257efde86fb0c8cfa109c33g.jpg

As you can see, the number of control settings for modifying BB Butts animations and BB Breasts animations has grown to absurd levels. But it does a damn fine job if you tweak the settings a bit.

Explanation of Options

Each column controls a single bone.

Move

Enable this to modify the animations for the given bone. Disable this to leave them unmodified. Note: All other options for the bone will be hidden when "Move" is disabled.

Main Bounce

This determines the total number of primary bounces (the large movement) in the animation for the specified bone.

Note: The tool has two modes, harmonic motion and static position.

Set Main Bounce to 0 to use static positioning for the specified bone. For all other settings, the bone will be given harmonic-style motion (pendulum swing, spring jiggle, etc).

Jiggle Bounce

This determines the total number of jiggle bounces. These are small secondary bounces that do not affect the primary movement. Instead they impart a small fleshy jiggle.

Damping

This determines the degree of harmonic damping. With a high damping, the breast movement and jiggles will decrease towards the end of the bounce.

Amplitude

This sets the degree of movement along the X, Y, and Z bone axes

Frequency Multiplier

This increases the frequency of bounce for the X, Y, and Z bone axes, independent of the main bounce. This can be useful for producing, among other things, smooth pendulous swings.

Angle Offset

This allows you to independently shift the start angle in units of pi for the X, Y, and Z bone axes.

Jiggle Amplitude

This increases the jiggle movement along the X, Y, and Z bone axes

Frame Offset

This shifts the angle = 0 condition of the specified bone animation by the specified number of frames. Note: sin() is used to generate the primary amplitude, so amplitude in all directions will be 0 at the Frame Offset frame.

Frames

The total number of frames to generate for the animation.

Recommended tweaks:

To generate a L/R swinging motion, set the Z frequency multiplier to double that of the X.

In order to generate L/R symmetrical animations, the Left Y amplitude generally needs to be set to the negative of the value of the R Y amplitude.

What's missing:

1. Presets. One button click to load settings optimized for particular types of animations. Planned for 1.9 release

2. Button that, when selected, clamps L/R values to each other Planned for 1.9 release

3. Rot and Scale transformations. The code is ready to go. I just need to come up with an interface solution. Planned for 1.8 or 1.9 release

What's next after the missing elements are added:

1. Facial Animation system. Create an interface that allows you to automatically add facial animations to your animations. Planned for 1.9 or 2.0 release

Pose Converter Release Thread

For some user interface design ideas you may want to review this:

http://poser.smithmicro.com/tutorials.html

In those images the 'menus' & 'controls' are dock-able & movable. Plus you have as I mentioned above dials to control just about everything. Poser is also I believe based on Python' date=' so it has somethings in common with Blender, although Blender has a much smaller footprint on the O/S of choice and was designed as more keyboard control oriented than Poser.

I have many more 3d tools in my 'tool kit' but I always seem to fall back on Poser when it comes to character creation and animation. Could be I've just gotten lazy over the years.

[/quote']

Blender is actually written in C, it just comes with a Python API that can be used to generate custom scripts.

Unfortunately, the UI toolkit available to me is extraordinarily limited.

I basically have three choices.

1. Use the built-in popup menu functions. This is what I've used in most of my scripts, but as you can see from the mess that is the Lattice Generator UI, I don't have much control over it (window placement, size of buttons, number of rows, etc are all out of my control).

2. Use the built-in draw menu functions. This is by far the most flexible of Blender's UI API systems. Unfortunately, it suffers from two glaring faults. The first is that it replaces the contents of an entire UI area, rather than acting as a pop-up. That's annoying, but not the end of the world. What makes that method effectively useless is that there is no means to control which area it will draw to. Even worse, it has a very high affinity for tiny text editor areas in the corner. Ugh.

3. Use the built-in UI Block functionality. This is what I'm using in Pose Converter. For the most part, it's flexible for my needs. But there are some real problems that severely limit what I can actually do with it. It's also very bare-bones, so I have to code all of the logic, constructors, event handlers, etc by hand. It's a bit of a pain.

Gosh, with all of these cool tools I am going to have to figure out how to start learning animations. Quick idiot question here: What exactly do I need to load prior to loading a kf file into blender. I tried to import a kf file directly and of course that didn't work. I then tried importing a kf file after loading a skeleton but that didn't seem to work either. I am clearly doing something retarded but I don't know what it is.

By the way Gerra6, I blame you for the complete collapse of my social life the past week after you helped me get a handle on clothing\armor lattices for conversions!!!! I think I am having more fun doing it than messing with plugins or even playing the game. :)