Bondage Restraint Animations Don't Work

DredayAJO7

Hello everyone, I have an issue where whenever I try to use wrist restraints / armbinders the animations don't work! It doesn't put me in a weird pose or anything all my character does is act as if they weren't even restrained, just the regular Skyrim pose. This is a huge problem for me regardless because half of the nods I use require me to be restrained. I can provide screenshots, recordings etc. I use Vortex Mod Manager and have taken the necessary steps to make my modding perfect, (at least I thought I did). If you can help me I'd gladly appreciate it and I'm sorry if I don't understand much I am kinda new to modding and had an experienced mod user help me with the installation process.

My Modwatch list:  https://modwat.ch/u/SkyrimDD1704/plugins

What Laura said. But also:

When you pose a question on this thread the expectation is that all relevant information will also be posted on this thread (like your load order). No offense is intended but it is simple computer security. I, and others, do not want to open files of unknown provenance and are even less interested in opening files on third party sites (regardless of how secure you may feel that they are). If you do not know how to post such material on LoversLab (LL) you have but to ask and we will gladly educate you.

While this may not be relevant to you (you may have simply chosen your format for emphasis) when you use Google translate and then post that translation directly to LL it shows as that awkward photo negative such as your post has. If that was not intentional the easiest workaround for it is to load your translation into Notepad (or similar) and then copy the text from Notepad onto LL.

16 minutes ago, Psalam said:

What Laura said. But also:

When you pose a question on this thread the expectation is that all relevant information will also be posted on this thread (like your load order). No offense is intended but it is simple computer security. I, and others, do not want to open files of unknown provenance and are even less interested in opening files on third party sites (regardless of how secure you may feel that they are). If you do not know how to post such material on LoversLab (LL) you have but to ask and we will gladly educate you.

While this may not be relevant to you (you may have simply chosen your format for emphasis) when you use Google translate and then post that translation directly to LL it shows as that awkward photo negative such as your post has. If that was not intentional the easiest workaround for it is to load your translation into Notepad (or similar) and then copy the text from Notepad onto LL.

It's not a random file, it's just a modwatch link for a view of my plugins, you can check Modwatch's legitimacy. Also, the post was copied and pasted from my reddit post seeking help in their modding community section. I figured I worded it perfectly so I thought I could just copy and paste it from there. No translation was needed, no files you need to open, just a simple link to a view of what my files look like.

1 hour ago, DredayAJO7 said:

It's not a random file, it's just a modwatch link for a view of my plugins, you can check Modwatch's legitimacy.

In your opinion. I don't want cookies from sites I never use.

Follow this forum's practises or get modwatch to help you.

In any case the correct place to ask is the support thread for the mod.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, DredayAJO7 said:

Then I don't understand the point in replying... Cookies?..Okay.

Nice job getting rid of the annoying photo negative anyway.

Believe it or not, the purpose of replying is to help you. However, if you are unwilling to do something as simple as following our approach I'm not sure that we will be able to help you.

1 hour ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Nice job getting rid of the annoying photo negative anyway.

Believe it or not, the purpose of replying is to help you. However, if you are unwilling to do something as simple as following our approach I'm not sure that we will be able to help you.

I never said I was unwilling, I just explained what you thought was suspicious. If you guys have a better way for LL then I'll post it.

Okay, let's put all the nonsense behind us if we can (that means you Grey Cloud) and see what can be done here.

First, post a screenshot or two. A video would also work. Here is what you need to know in that regard. LoversLab does not like .bmp images (i.e., screenshots). So, take you screenshot and load it into Paint (or similar program) and "save as" a .jpg file. Then after you've begun typing another post, open your folder and "drag" the screenshot onto the "paperclip" found at the bottom of the box into which you are typing. After a few seconds a miniature version of the screenshot will appear underneath. Then, when you have the cursor in the area in the box that you want the picture loaded, hit the "+" sign on the miniature. After a few seconds a full-sized image will appear in the post. If you intend to upload more than one screenshot (which is fine) please put all but one (or all) inside spoilers (the how-to for that is at the bottom of the post). 

Second, please give us your load order. My personal preference would be that you would load the version from LOOT (the load Order Optimisation Tool) and that you would load it into a spoiler. To get the load order from LOOT you need to run LOOT and look in the upper right hand corner for an icon that looks like three vertical dots or buttons. When you click on it the menu will give you the option to copy your load order to clipboard. Click on that and paste the results here in a spoiler.

Third (admittedly probably not necessary but I might as well be complete since I'm typing) please run FNIS and post the output here. This is everything on the top that shows up in FNIS when you run it. It should begin with a description of your skeleton and end with the number of animations that were successfully loaded. This is a simple copy and paste. If it is at all long please put it into a spoiler but a short one can be placed in the body of the post.

Finally, how to use a spoiler on LL. Across the top of the box in which you type your post is a bar which begins with "Size" and "Font". About midway across is an icon that looks like an eye (it is just to the right of the smiley-face emoji icon). Click on that and a spoiler will open. If the cursor is not already in the spoiler use your mouse to put it there and then paste your text or load your screenshots or whatever. The use of spoilers is important because "walls of text", screenshots and videos all slow the speed at which a thread is loaded unless they are placed in spoilers. I can refer you to other threads on LL where this rule is ignored and you can see for yourself the performance hit, or you can just take my word for it.

3 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Okay, let's put all the nonsense behind us if we can (that means you Grey Cloud) and see what can be done here.

First, post a screenshot or two. A video would also work. Here is what you need to know in that regard. LoversLab does not like .bmp images (i.e., screenshots). So, take you screenshot and load it into Paint (or similar program) and "save as" a .jpg file. Then after you've begun typing another post, open your folder and "drag" the screenshot onto the "paperclip" found at the bottom of the box into which you are typing. After a few seconds a miniature version of the screenshot will appear underneath. Then, when you have the cursor in the area in the box that you want the picture loaded, hit the "+" sign on the miniature. After a few seconds a full-sized image will appear in the post. If you intend to upload more than one screenshot (which is fine) please put all but one (or all) inside spoilers (the how-to for that is at the bottom of the post). 

Second, please give us your load order. My personal preference would be that you would load the version from LOOT (the load Order Optimisation Tool) and that you would load it into a spoiler. To get the load order from LOOT you need to run LOOT and look in the upper right hand corner for an icon that looks like three vertical dots or buttons. When you click on it the menu will give you the option to copy your load order to clipboard. Click on that and paste the results here in a spoiler.

Third (admittedly probably not necessary but I might as well be complete since I'm typing) please run FNIS and post the output here. This is everything on the top that shows up in FNIS when you run it. It should begin with a description of your skeleton and end with the number of animations that were successfully loaded. This is a simple copy and paste. If it is at all long please put it into a spoiler but a short one can be placed in the body of the post.

Finally, how to use a spoiler on LL. Across the top of the box in which you type your post is a bar which begins with "Size" and "Font". About midway across is an icon that looks like an eye (it is just to the right of the smiley-face emoji icon). Click on that and a spoiler will open. If the cursor is not already in the spoiler use your mouse to put it there and then paste your text or load your screenshots or whatever. The use of spoilers is important because "walls of text", screenshots and videos all slow the speed at which a thread is loaded unless they are placed in spoilers. I can refer you to other threads on LL where this rule is ignored and you can see for yourself the performance hit, or you can just take my word for it.

Got it, I don't think I use LOOT considering I use Vortex Mod Manager and they claim they load all the mods for you, I can send you a recording of a unlisted youtube video of me slowly scrolling through the mods in my mods section through Vortex Mod Manager, would that work?

Spoiler
1 minute ago, DredayAJO7 said:

Got it, I don't think I use LOOT considering I use Vortex Mod Manager and they claim they load all the mods for you, I can send you a recording of a unlisted youtube video of me slowly scrolling through the mods in my mods section through Vortex Mod Manager, would that work?

I don't mean to be troublesome but please just get LOOT. You should be able to load and run it through Vortex just like you do FNIS.

Spoiler
18 minutes ago, DredayAJO7 said:

Got it, was just being sure what you meant by I need a screenshot taken. Thanks.

So you don't think I'm ignoring you I am going to bed (it's late here). I'll pick up in the morning if someone else hasn't helped you fix it overnight (that is, overnight for me).

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

Youtube video of gameplay: 

Load order: 

Spoiler

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
  6  6     SexLab.esm
  7  7     SexLabAroused.esm
  8  8     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
  9  9     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 10  a     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
 11  b     daymoyl.esm
 12  c     EFFCore.esm
 13  d     DeviousFramework.esm
 14  e     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
 15  f     12FemaleBrows.esp
 16 10     UIExtensions.esp
 17 11     AddItemMenuLE.esp
 18 12     Bijin NPCs.esp
 19 13     Bijin Warmaidens.esp
 20 14     Bijin Wives.esp
 21 15     Botox.esp
 22 16     Botox_CharGen.esp
 23 17     RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
 24 18     Devious Devices - BRRF.esp
 25 19     FastTravelAlle.esp
 26 1a     xazPrisonOverhaulPatched.esp
 27 1b     sanguinesDebauchery.esp
 28 1c     SimpleSlavery.esp
 29 1d     SexLab_Dialogues.esp
 30 1e     Deviously Enslaved.esp
 31 1f     daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp
 32 20     Devious Devices - Equip.esp
 33 21     DeviouslyHelpless.esp
 34 22     EFFDialogue.esp
 35 23     Insects Begone - Hearthfires.esp
 36 24     KS Hairdo's.esp
 37 25     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 38 26     RaceMenu.esp
 39 27     dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
 40 28     SexLabDefeat.esp
 41 29     DfwSupport.esp
 42 2a     Insects Begone - Spiders and Chaurus.esp
 43 2b     Insects Begone - DragonBorn Spiders and Ashoppers.esp
 44 2c     Insects Begone - Dawnguard - Spiders and Chaurus.esp
 45 2d     FNIS.esp
 46 2e     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 47 2f     SexLab Submit.esp
 48 30     SGEyebrows.esp
 49 31     SkyUI.esp
 50 32     SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 51 33     zarias_restraints.esp
 52 34     ZazLockedDevices.esp
 53 35     ZazResources.esp
 54 36     SOSRaceMenu.esp
 55 37     XPMSE.esp
 56 38     Skill Config.esp
 57 39     Skyrim Unbound.esp

FNIS Output: 

Spoiler

FNIS Behavior V7.4.5   1/12/2019 5:27:40 PM
Skyrim 32bit: 1.9.32.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading DD V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 493 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD2 V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 330 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD3 V4.1.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 102 alternate animations) ...
Reading DDSL V4.0.0 ...
Reading Defeat V5  ( 0 furniture, 2 offset, 3 paired, 1 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading FNISBase V7.4.5 ...
Reading sanguinesDebauchery V?.?  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 17 alternate animations) ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...
Reading XPMSE V7.2  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V8.00  ( 276 furniture, 43 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZazLockedDevices V?.?  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 17 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZazResources V?.? ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Alternate Animation mods: 6 sets: 47 total groups: 190 added file slots: 1426 alternate files: 1123

Creature Pack not installed

4674 animations for 14 mods successfully included (character)

@DredayAJO7

If I understand correctly your problem is that while the DD items show on your character they fail to perform their function (for example,  to hobble). I would think it likely that the problem is that some of your other restraint mods are likely interfering, try disabling (hexadecimal) mods 33, 34 and 35 and see if that resolves your problem.

16 hours ago, Psalam said:

@DredayAJO7

If I understand correctly your problem is that while the DD items show on your character they fail to perform their function (for example,  to hobble). I would think it likely that the problem is that some of your other restraint mods are likely interfering, try disabling (hexadecimal) mods 33, 34 and 35 and see if that resolves your problem.

Sadly didn't fix my issue man, damn.

It's an issue with DD equip, and you aren't the only one either. There is a solution just it requires using Tes5edit:

I added the heavy bondage keyword to the arm binder render entries, and got in game and equipped an DD equip arm binder and the animation worked again. I didn't try it with the shackles though.

Archived