[mod] Naturally Horny

7 hours ago, CSVALOR said:

Why isn't anything going on though? Do I have to download the "Locced" version? Or do I need to have sex-enabled furniture nearby?

the second one most likely, they can't fuck if there isn't where to

• 2 months later...

No bugs to report, just a gripe which is most likely in SxB's court, but naturally horny kind of creates the issue so.. I'll post here too.  Random horny periods is a great addition, it adds a lot of life to sexbound for sure!  The only issue is that my party members aren't immune while on company time, and just go at it while I'm trying to walk through a town and get left behind..  Or even worse, they get stuck waiting for a second actor to do the deed with!  Same deal with quest NPCs, both the ones that follow me and the ones that give out or receive quests.

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, DeadSomething said:

i usually don't use followers at all, but from what i observed when placing some SxB enablers around an Apex town, it gets quite freaky soon.

is it possible to adjust how fast the hornyness raises?

That is in-part because of the fact that tables are all over the place, and they're sexbound-enabled by default now... back in my day...

On another note, it's in one of these values somewhere...
Inside the NPC folder, you have:
image.png.7c39e203c1fdba0aa3e2ee622b7d0f28.png

But then in Arousal.lua, in scripts, you have:

image.png.5cd01544afac84a334b4f57430c5bc40.png

I don't remember which one directly affects it, but yeah, the values are so low, it should take at least 5~8 minutes for them to get horny. You can always lower them even further.

To see the growth of the arousal stat, do, in admin mode, hovering over a NPC:

/entityeval status.resource("arousal")

And the game will tell you a number from 0 to 100.

image.png.ae4abb61d5f28de1e899f183b617dde2.png

At above 50, NPC's seek Sexbound beds, and when entering a bed, they max it to 100, then slowly lower it till below 50, at which point they leave the bed and it lowers back to 0. This is to help with consistency, and how long they stick in the beds. Otherwise they'd keep hopping on and off as it reaches 50.

Well, hopefully this version is less shitty broken, and less issues arise from using it. The 3.14 version was kinda working but more recent tests on my end revealed it had some problems, so this version, making use of the API's structure better, should allow for better synergy and less janky.

As usual, reports of issues are welcome, bug-hunting is a tradition.

• 2 months later...

I'm using Cutebound with Sexbound by modifing the config file mentioned in the following topic.

However, I've come up with an error message and Starbound shut down immediately.

Here's the error message:

[00:12:41.532] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (AssetException) Path '/humanoid/avian//1.png' contains consecutive //, not allowed
[0] 7ff7286fa213 Star::captureStack
[1] 7ff7286f8f9e Star::StarException::StarException
[2] 7ff7287197fc Star::validatePath
[3] 7ff728711bd3 Star::Assets::image
[4] 7ff728866131 <lambda_af432233dd3df873c0a9305816025c7e>::operator()
[5] 7ff728866831 Star::ImageMetadataDatabase::calculateImageSize
[6] 7ff72886776f Star::ImageMetadataDatabase::imageSize
[7] 7ff7287fcca7 Star::Drawable::makeImage
[8] 7ff728936af6 <lambda_54602e0a9acb68b22e767458f6c35f1c>::operator()
[9] 7ff7287011ff Star::AnimatedPartSet::forEachActivePart
[10] 7ff72893d8ac Star::NetworkedAnimator::drawablesWithZLevel
[11] 7ff72893d51b Star::NetworkedAnimator::drawables
[12] 7ff7289884d5 Star::Object::render
[13] 7ff728d09e7e Star::LoungeableObject::render
[14] 7ff728c03926 <lambda_af7f4e98fa825ab1619f2fafe5bd676f>::operator()
[15] 7ff728841503 Star::EntityMap::forAllEntities
[16] 7ff728c177d9 Star::WorldClient::render
[17] 7ff728642234 Star::ClientApplication::render
[18] 7ff728e0d506 Star::SdlPlatform::run
[19] 7ff728e0d68d Star::runMainApplication
[20] 7ff728647731 WinMain
[21] 7ff728ff07af __scrt_common_main_seh
[22] 7ffb323c7034 BaseThreadInitThunk
[23] 7ffb3315d0d1 RtlUserThreadStart
[00:12:41.532] [Info] Application: shutdown...

and my sexbound.config file's "defaultArtwork" property:

"defaultArtwork" : {
      "armBack"                   : "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/arm_back.png",
      "armFront"                  : "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/arm_front.png",
      "body"                      : "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/body_<gender>.png",
      "emote"                     : "/<entityGroup>/<species>/emote.png",
      "head"                      : "/<entityGroup>/<species>/<gender>head.png",
      "groinGenital"              : "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/groin_genital.png",
      "groinGenitalPregnancy"     : "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/groin_genpreg.png",
      "groinPregnancy"            : "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/groin_pregnant.png",
      "maskGroinGenital"          : "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/groin_genital_mask.png",
      "maskGroinGenitalPregnancy" : "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/groin_genpreg_mask.png",
      "maskGroinPregnancy"        : "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/groin_pregnant_mask.png"
    },

How can this be fixed?

1 hour ago, ivandart1001 said:

I'm using Cutebound with Sexbound by modifing the config file mentioned in the following topic.

However, I've come up with an error message and Starbound shut down immediately.

Here's the error message; and my sexbound.config file's "defaultArtwork" property;

How can this be fixed?

... this... what? What is this doing HERE? What does this have to do with Naturally Horny?

And never, ever supply a small piece of the log, folks. It helps as much as giving one single square of toilet paper to someone with diarrhea.

In sum, i have no idea why you're asking for troubleshooting here, and i have less idea what's going on with your game. That error is for a hair, which neither Naturally Horny nor the default artwork change are supposed to affect. Hairs are loaded as part of the main API. Try checking on other mod's threads that are more relevant or supplying a whole log.

20 hours ago, red3dred said:

... this... what? What is this doing HERE? What does this have to do with Naturally Horny?

And never, ever supply a small piece of the log, folks. It helps as much as giving one single square of toilet paper to someone with diarrhea.

In sum, i have no idea why you're asking for troubleshooting here, and i have less idea what's going on with your game. That error is for a hair, which neither Naturally Horny nor the default artwork change are supposed to affect. Hairs are loaded as part of the main API. Try checking on other mod's threads that are more relevant or supplying a whole log.

Sorry for that, It's really my mistake to ask for troubleshooting here since I was confused by adding Naturally Horny to my game recently and this error message appeared suddenly.

And today I removed Naturally Horny, this error happens again.

I've noticed that maybe it's caused by having pregnant with avian spiece. (Maybe wrong again?)

I'm trying to find more clues?, and whole log attached.

starbound.log

--------------------------------------

A few moments later...

I found there was a single avian which was not cute... he's the cause of this bug! The whole universe's avains are cute but this one is an exception.

Thanks for your advice about Hair API, I fixed this by simply modifing Sexbound.Actor:loadHairPart function in 'scripts\sexbound\lib\sexbound\actor.lua' with a conditional expression for giving a default value when 'getIdentity' function returns empty string.

Maybe this is just a patch for this moment, I'm afraid that there would be more errors in the future.?

function Sexbound.Actor:loadHairPart(entityGroup, species, directives)
  local hairType = self:getIdentity("hairType") or ""
  local hairFolder = self:getIdentity("hairFolder") or "hair"
  if hairType ~= "" then
    return "/" .. entityGroup .. "/" .. species .. "/" .. hairFolder .. "/" .. hairType .. ".png:normal" .. directives.head
  end

return self:getDefaultPartImage()
end

8 hours ago, ivandart1001 said:

Sorry for that, It's really my mistake to ask for troubleshooting here since I was confused by adding Naturally Horny to my game recently and this error message appeared suddenly.

And today I removed Naturally Horny, this error happens again.

I've noticed that maybe it's caused by having pregnant with avian spiece. (Maybe wrong again?)

I'm trying to find more clues?, and whole log attached.

starbound.log 16.86 kB · 0 downloads

Well, this is why i usually point out the whole log, as the previous statement made a terrible comparison: "There's a whole lotta more shit to take care of".

For instance, you appear to be using Sexbound Tweaker, which is discontinued and known to cause issues. I'm surprised you didn't run into new problems!

8 hours ago, ivandart1001 said:

A few moments later...

I found there was a single avian which was not cute... he's the cause of this bug! The whole universe's avains are cute but this one is an exception.

Thanks for your advice about Hair API, I fixed this by simply modifing Sexbound.Actor:loadHairPart function in 'scripts\sexbound\lib\sexbound\actor.lua' with a conditional expression for giving a default value when 'getIdentity' function returns empty string.

Maybe this is just a patch for this moment, I'm afraid that there would be more errors in the future.?

I appreciate the attempt and fix. I'm pretty sure i had already fixed this issue on the API in the past, but oh well! Nothing i can do about it now. Better report to Locuturus in the main Sexbound thread if the problem persists.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to make horny NPC's to actively seek sex outside of tables and beds, like the one they have under Aphrodite's bow or Lovely Whips effects(on foot, everywhere)? Also, is it possible to make horny NPC's initiate no prompt sex with other, not horny NPC's and player, in case of player unescapable? I think these changes can make self sustained sex life in game more realistic, hardcore, and dangerous.

10 hours ago, the3rdkira said:

Is it possible to make horny NPC's to actively seek sex outside of tables and beds, like the one they have under Aphrodite's bow or Lovely Whips effects(on foot, everywhere)? Also, is it possible to make horny NPC's initiate no prompt sex with other, not horny NPC's and player, in case of player unescapable? I think these changes can make self sustained sex life in game more realistic, hardcore, and dangerous.

I didn't manage to make sense of your long sentence, but what you're asking for (from what i understood) is not what this mod does.

Lemme try to re-list your questions;

10 hours ago, the3rdkira said:

Is it possible to make horny NPC's to actively seek sex, outside of tables and beds, like the one they have when struck by the Aphrodite's bow or Lovely Whips? (((on foot, everywhere)))
--can't make sense of the last bit.

Also, is it possible to make horny NPC's avoid sex with other, not horny NPC's and player, in case of player unescapable?
I think these changes can make self sustained sex life in game more realistic, hardcore, and dangerous.

• Transforming a NPC resets their arousal and is out of their control, not something it'd make sense to have happen. You WANT the NPC's to turn on the spot, into a sex-node, and that would cause even more problems if they couldn't (in front of a furniture object or in a unavailable location), which, given how NPC's work (Constantly walking over to interactable objects), would be a constant.
  • That'd require a lot more code constantly querying nearby NPC's to even coordinate something like this, which just makes me feel bad for the computer of whomever tries that. As for the last bit, you want, essentially, that horny NPC's will try to molest the player. Just a big no from me and this mod.
  • And this... Just what the hell do you think you're saying? I'm not aggressive i'm just legitimately lost as to why you'd want NPCs, friendly ones, to molest the player (Not to use the R word, some moderators may not like that), avoid interactions with non-horny targets, transform on the spot... and you have the capacity to say it'd make it... More realistic, dangerous and hardcore...? I don't know if this is a big translation issue, but this whole line is very confusing, contradictory and seems like something more people would complain to have removed, if the mod had.
15 hours ago, red3dred said:

I didn't manage to make sense of your long sentence, but what you're asking for (from what i understood) is not what this mod does.

Lemme try to re-list your questions;

• Transforming a NPC resets their arousal and is out of their control, not something it'd make sense to have happen. You WANT the NPC's to turn on the spot, into a sex-node, and that would cause even more problems if they couldn't (in front of a furniture object or in a unavailable location), which, given how NPC's work (Constantly walking over to interactable objects), would be a constant.
  • That'd require a lot more code constantly querying nearby NPC's to even coordinate something like this, which just makes me feel bad for the computer of whomever tries that. As for the last bit, you want, essentially, that horny NPC's will try to molest the player. Just a big no from me and this mod.
  • And this... Just what the hell do you think you're saying? I'm not aggressive i'm just legitimately lost as to why you'd want NPCs, friendly ones, to molest the player (Not to use the R word, some moderators may not like that), avoid interactions with non-horny targets, transform on the spot... and you have the capacity to say it'd make it... More realistic, dangerous and hardcore...? I don't know if this is a big translation issue, but this whole line is very confusing, contradictory and seems like something more people would complain to have removed, if the mod had.

I have no idea why the things I'm saying is so hard to understand, simply put: Horny NPC's can have sex with everyone everywhere. Without tables, or applying special items to beds. About hardcore, for example player can make game more challenging by trying to do virgin walkthrough in the universe of R apes (lol), that would be pretty hard and fun.

About realism, I think NPC's choosing to have sex on tables when they are getting horny are looking weird, why not simply allow them to have sex everywhere?

You said "Just a big no from me", it's your mod and opinion, I have nothing against that. But "something more people would complain to have removed" is not true, you can't say for everyone.

Also chill, no one is forces you to make these changes, no need to getting aggressive.

Alright, bullet points again!

13 hours ago, the3rdkira said:

I have no idea why the things I'm saying is so hard to understand, simply put:

• Horny NPC's can have sex with everyone everywhere. Without tables, or applying special items to beds.
  • About hardcore, for example player can make game more challenging by trying to do virgin walkthrough in the universe of R apes (lol), that would be pretty hard and fun.
  • About realism, I think NPC's choosing to have sex on tables when they are getting horny are looking weird, why not simply allow them to have sex everywhere?
  • You said "Just a big no from me", it's your mod and opinion, I have nothing against that. But "something more people would complain to have removed" is not true, you can't say for everyone.
  • Also chill, no one is forces you to make these changes, no need to getting aggressive.

Arright;

1. That is, as i had explained earlier, easier said than done, because not only due to NPC behaviour, but also because it's a less controlled environment. Allowing NPC's to use beds doesn't require changing the world's protection values so you can place down the NPC sex object, and also avoids the issue of them being in front of something.
  2. That is a fetish, not a universal like/benefit/advantage to the mod. Not everyone likes doing the R, much less getting the R. This is why Defeat is a thing, and most people don't like it in execution (Also because it's buggy AF but that's not a fetish either...)
  3. This is a good point, i personally did not want Tables to be Sex-enabled from the get-go, but when i was in the dev team for Sexbound, i had no choice on the matter, as with most of the mod. Not even a warning or anything (Despite me already making a "joke" mod that allowed tables to be used for Sex with addons, without removing the table-top for placing objects), so i hate to agree there. The latter, is mediated by the currently unfinished Sexbound quests. A NPC will randomly give you a quest, to have sex with them. They're not picky and will transform on the spot, however if there is a furniture in the way, they will instead just be horny and go to a bed/table. This is the most fitting solution to this problem, personally, along with disabling tables by default.
  4. Oh you think people wouldn't complain about getting molested by NPC's that they MADE the homes for in the first place? You are projecting a little bit, just a tad, remember, like the point above, very few people are into that, and if this was injected into the mod without an option to disable it, i'm sure people would complain/ ask to remove/ do it themselves in no time. Same reason why the Defeat mod has a method to disable the ability to use the Aphrodite's Bow on players, because if this was enabled in multiplayer, it'd be quite the... ahem, experience... Plus it works clientside apparently, so the people who were into it just had it.
  5. I'm chill, but i was really wondering what your point of view was to say such things. I am still the developer of this mod, even if i'm struggling to get my groove back to Starbound, so i have to consider what users want to modify the mod, hopefully please as many people as possible.

I agreed to some points, but you don't seem to get that not everyone is into a adult content mod just for the constant threat of forced sex, some people just like to have it as a side attraction, some others think it adds depth to NPC interactions, pretending to build a family ETC. None of them are entirely wrong, but it's all a matter of point of view and how you play. If you want to be a wimpy character always endangered by the presence of horny NPC's, i'm sure running Defeat + the mod that has the police and the mod that allows you to harm all NPC's will provide you with the experience you want. Any accidental sneeze in their direction and you'll be getting cops after you.

12 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Alright, bullet points again!

Arright;

1. That is, as i had explained earlier, easier said than done, because not only due to NPC behaviour, but also because it's a less controlled environment. Allowing NPC's to use beds doesn't require changing the world's protection values so you can place down the NPC sex object, and also avoids the issue of them being in front of something.
  2. That is a fetish, not a universal like/benefit/advantage to the mod. Not everyone likes doing the R, much less getting the R. This is why Defeat is a thing, and most people don't like it in execution (Also because it's buggy AF but that's not a fetish either...)
  3. This is a good point, i personally did not want Tables to be Sex-enabled from the get-go, but when i was in the dev team for Sexbound, i had no choice on the matter, as with most of the mod. Not even a warning or anything (Despite me already making a "joke" mod that allowed tables to be used for Sex with addons, without removing the table-top for placing objects), so i hate to agree there. The later, is mediated by the currently unfinished Sexbound quests. A NPC will randomly give you a quest, to have sex with them. They're not picky and will transform on the spot, however if there is a furniture in the way, they will instead just be horny and go to a bed/table. This is the most fitting solution to this problem, personally, along with disabling tables by default.
  4. Oh you think people wouldn't complain about getting molested by NPC's that they MADE the homes for in the first place? You are projecting a little bit, just a tad, remember, like the point above, very few people are into that, and if this was injected into the mod without an option to disable it, i'm sure people would complain/ ask to remove/ do it themselves in no time. Same reason why the Defeat mod has a method to disable the ability to use the Aphrodite's Bow on players, because if this was enabled in multiplayer, it'd be quite the... ahem, experience... Plus it works clientside apparently, so the people who were into it just had it.
  5. I'm chill, but i was really wondering what your point of view was to say such things. I am still the developer of this mod, even if i'm struggling to get my grove back to Starbound, so i have to consider what users want to modify the mod, hopefully please as many people as possible.

I agreed to some points, but you don't seem to get that not everyone is into a adult content mod just for the constant threat of forced sex, some people just like to have it as a side attraction, some others think it adds depth to NPC interactions, pretending to build a family ETC. None of them are entirely wrong, but it's all a matter of point of view and how you play. If you want to be a wimpy character always endangered by the presence of horny NPC's, i'm sure running Defeat + the mod that has the police and the mod that allows you to harm all NPC's will provide you with the experience you want. Any accidental sneeze in their direction and you'll be getting cops after you.

Well, ok. I've got your point, that makes sense I guess. Still kinda funny that NPC's who can violate player is considered a rare fetish, by someone who made mod that allows to have sex with penguins, which is totally a advantage. Don't even think about saying R word, but zoophilia is ok, everyone is into that.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Noone6 said:

Not even gonna mention the guy above me, but how do I change how fast it takes them to get horny? I've had this mod installed and it feels like they never get horny or get on a table.

Never mind, I found it.

• 1 month later...

For some reason, crew doesn't seek out loungeable addon beds even when at 100 arousal (assuming the number that comes out of /entityeval status.resource("arousal") is correct). The only 2 mods that i have that i know of that change the crew in some way are FU and Crew customization+. Any idea what to do to possibly fix this?

7 hours ago, ABoyInABlanket said:

For some reason, crew doesn't seek out loungeable addon beds even when at 100 arousal (assuming the number that comes out of /entityeval status.resource("arousal") is correct). The only 2 mods that i have that i know of that change the crew in some way are FU and Crew customization+. Any idea what to do to possibly fix this?

A few things. Can they reach the bed? If the NPC pathing can't figure it out they won't move. And plus, i'm pretty sure FU crewmembers are immune to Sexbound entirely, and will not be affected by anything from these mods.

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

A few things. Can they reach the bed? If the NPC pathing can't figure it out they won't move. And plus, i'm pretty sure FU crewmembers are immune to Sexbound entirely, and will not be affected by anything from these mods.

Yeah i made sure the bed was reachable by checking if they could interact with other things in the same spot. As for FU crew not being affected by sexbound, i assume it's because the FU ai overrides the seybound ai? If so, could i manually edit the FU crew ai or make a patch or something to make it work, or would that be too difficult/impossible ?

2 hours ago, ABoyInABlanket said:

Yeah i made sure the bed was reachable by checking if they could interact with other things in the same spot. As for FU crew not being affected by sexbound, i assume it's because the FU ai overrides the seybound ai? If so, could i manually edit the FU crew ai or make a patch or something to make it work, or would that be too difficult/impossible ?

Word of advice is to never, ever, comment on or mod data from Frackin' Universe. Simply put, it's not a good idea for multiple reasons.

For one, they don't like people from the adult community, period. No extra reason there, they just hate people who use Sexbound, so the fact it doesn't work with FU in that sense is probably intended.
Two; They update so frequently and change files over constantly. You'd have to lock yourself into a version to be able to produce content focused on changing/rewriting FU.
Three; They will like you even less if you in any way alter their content, much less for these reasons. It has been passed down, between modders and users they'll likely shame, dox and persecute you if you ask for help with their mod, and display any Sexbound mod installed, or sometimes simply mods that alter the way the game works, anything against their "balance" and "vision".

You want to try it? Well, go ahead, and good luck. But be sure to avoid the FU Discord.

Edited by red3dred
Ate a couple words
11 hours ago, red3dred said:

Word of advice is to never, ever, comment on or mod data from Frackin' Universe. Simply put, it's not a good idea for multiple reasons.

For one, they don't like people from the adult community, period. No extra reason there, they just hate people who use Sexbound, so the fact it doesn't work with FU in that sense is probably intended.
Two; They update so frequently and change files over constantly. You'd have to lock yourself into a version to be able to produce content focused on changing/rewriting FU.
Three; They will like you even less if you in any way alter their content, much less for these reasons. It has been passed down, between modders and users they'll likely shame, dox and persecute you if you ask for help with their mod, and display any Sexbound mod installed, or sometimes simply mods that alter the way the game works, anything against their "balance" and "vision".

You want to try it? Well, go ahead, and good luck. But be sure to avoid the FU Discord.

Oh, that sucks to hear.

Still wanna try it tho, the problem here being that i have basically no modding experience, so if you can could you give me a general direction where to get started with that?

On 6/17/2021 at 4:16 PM, ABoyInABlanket said:

Oh, that sucks to hear.

Still wanna try it tho, the problem here being that i have basically no modding experience, so if you can could you give me a general direction where to get started with that?

nevermind, figured out how to make it work, didn't need to modify any FU files directly, just made a .patch thingy and all the other stuff around it so it would work, which means that FU updates hopefully shouldn't break it (at least not soon). Anyway, would it be ok to share the patch here so other people could get it or are FU patches just straight up forbidden cuz of the reasons you said above?

10 minutes ago, ABoyInABlanket said:

nevermind, figured out how to make it work, didn't need to modify any FU files directly, just made a .patch thingy and all the other stuff around it so it would work, which means that FU updates hopefully shouldn't break it (at least not soon). Anyway, would it be ok to share the patch here so other people could get it or are FU patches just straight up forbidden cuz of the reasons you said above?

Preferably, not on the topic, yeah i'd ask. They're not forbidden, but i'd rather not have anything related to them.

You can however just upload the file onto LoversLab if you really want.