[mod] Naturally Horny

I'm not sure if it's just me but I don't think the mod works with the latest (5.12.1) version of Sexbound.

When hit with the Aphrodite's Bow. They do actively seek out nodes. But apart from that they never get to that state in their own. My crew never interacts with any nodes on beds, tables or even Defeat nodes.

If anything. When they actively create a defeat node by killing an NPC. They just stand still in the place where the killed them for a few seconds before moving again, never interacting with the node.

Edited by Toasty-Chan
23 minutes ago, Toasty-Chan said:

I'm not sure if it's just me but I don't think the mod works with the latest (5.12.1) version of Sexbound.

When hit with the Aphrodite's Bow. They do actively seek out nodes. But apart from that they never get to that state in their own. My crew never interacts with any nodes on beds, tables or even Defeat nodes.

If anything. When they actively create a defeat node by killing an NPC. They just stand still in the place where the killed them for a few seconds before moving again, never interacting with the node.

Two things, the simple test to see if the arousal value going up is easy;

1) It takes around... 5 minutes? Or maybe around 500 seconds... You can check their arousal by hovering over the NPC and using, in "admin" mode, the command:

/entityeval status.resource("arousal")

2) Advancing time does not work. Time does not directly impact statuses for NPC's. Same way doing /timewarp doesn't affect your healing from a salve.

If it still doesn't work, i can take a look. The log mentions no errors.

And as mentioned at the end, the Log helps see what's up with your installation.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

With all that said, there are still tons of issues that could be happening, not much point speculating now, so i'll wait for confirmation and maybe a log.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Two things, the simple test to see if the arousal value going up is easy;

And as mentioned at the end, the Log helps see what's up with your installation.

With all that said, there are still tons of issues that could be happening, not much point speculating now, so i'll wait for confirmation and maybe a log.

Here! There was 5 logs to choose from but this one is the bigges. I did the command and the numbers did show up! But they still like, freeze in place when they kill an NPC and they create a node. They only unfreeze when i talk to them or if they get attacked and like. Their AI Overwrites or smth idk XD

Maybe I'm a lil stoopid and don'y fully realise that maube nothing is wrong

But at the same time I rarely spot them  stopping when the way they do when they kill other mobs that don't create defeat nodes. They do act. But it's like they're thinking about something really hard XD

starbound.log.4

Edited by Toasty-Chan
38 minutes ago, Toasty-Chan said:

Here! There was 5 logs to choose from but this one is the bigges. I did the command and the numbers did show up! But they still like, freeze in place when they kill an NPC and they create a node. They only unfreeze when i talk to them or if they get attacked and like. Their AI Overwrites or smth idk XD

Maybe I'm a lil stoopid and don'y fully realise that maube nothing is wrong

But at the same time I rarely spot them  stopping when the way they do when they kill other mobs that don't create defeat nodes. They do act. But it's like they're thinking about something really hard XD

Defeat functionality is, thankfully, not anything to do with this mod, It's entirely up to Todd whatever deity you believe in. If it works, it works, if it doesn't, well it's Defeat.

As for the "correct" log, the instructions specifically state;

You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file).

So, the one with no numbers, the text file, is the latest, and most meaningful one. THIS log, in particular, says you don't even have the mod installed, which, well, yeah... that would mean it doesn't work, because how could it?

So yeah, either install the mod, or provide the log where it says the mod is installed, because i can't help you with a mod you don't have, we don't have Cloud Modding yet.

9 hours ago, red3dred said:

Defeat functionality is, thankfully, not anything to do with this mod, It's entirely up to Todd whatever deity you believe in. If it works, it works, if it doesn't, well it's Defeat.

As for the "correct" log, the instructions specifically state;

So, the one with no numbers, the text file, is the latest, and most meaningful one. THIS log, in particular, says you don't even have the mod installed, which, well, yeah... that would mean it doesn't work, because how could it?

So yeah, either install the mod, or provide the log where it says the mod is installed, because i can't help you with a mod you don't have, we don't have Cloud Modding yet.

Oh my god a million apologies, I'm still new to this whole mod troubleshooting business. I'm sorry for wasting your time >~>

The starbound.log as a txt file with no numerical value. I think THIS is the correct one. Again, I'm really sorry. ~.~

starbound.log

2 hours ago, Toasty-Chan said:

Oh my god a million apologies, I'm still new to this whole mod troubleshooting business. I'm sorry for wasting your time >~>

The starbound.log as a txt file with no numerical value. I think THIS is the correct one. Again, I'm really sorry. ~.~

No need to be apologetic, i can't help you if you don't provide the correct one, is all. There was no time wasted.

Hmm... At first glance, i can only assume the reason why the NPCs don't join a node, is because Sexbound is currently broken? Have you engaged with it at all?
You seem to have Sexbound "Legacy" from Locuturus installed, and then PoV Redux 4.2.0, which is meant for Sexbound Reborn, thus, if a animation does go through, it will likely break and error, however, you aren't getting any particular errors as is. (Either that, or you didn't use/create a sexbound node, thus not popping up in the log) but alas.

SO, you're saying that the "arousal" value from the command listed above returns a number? And that using the command multiple times says the number is slowly going up?

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

No need to be apologetic, i can't help you if you don't provide the correct one, is all. There was no time wasted.

Hmm... At first glance, i can only assume the reason why the NPCs don't join a node, is because Sexbound is currently broken? Have you engaged with it at all?
You seem to have Sexbound "Legacy" from Locuturus installed, and then PoV Redux 4.2.0, which is meant for Sexbound Reborn, thus, if a animation does go through, it will likely break and error, however, you aren't getting any particular errors as is. (Either that, or you didn't use/create a sexbound node, thus not popping up in the log) but alas.

SO, you're saying that the "arousal" value from the command listed above returns a number? And that using the command multiple times says the number is slowly going up?

Yeah pretty much, None of the NPCs actively seek out nodes, and when they create a node themselves by killing an NPC with Defeat, they just stand there. Completely still, not even following me until I get too far and they teleport to me. They don't even react when being attacked directly. I deleted POV Redux and reloaded and I still get the same issue. I'll drop a video here of my issue. I've played the same game area for hours but they never seem to get to the point where they seek out nodes on their own.

1st video is about their behaviour with Defeat, 2nd video is their behaviour with Naturally horny and the number things.

6 hours ago, Toasty-Chan said:

Yeah pretty much, None of the NPCs actively seek out nodes, and when they create a node themselves by killing an NPC with Defeat, they just stand there. Completely still, not even following me until I get too far and they teleport to me. They don't even react when being attacked directly. I deleted POV Redux and reloaded and I still get the same issue. I'll drop a video here of my issue. I've played the same game area for hours but they never seem to get to the point where they seek out nodes on their own.

1st video is about their behaviour with Defeat, 2nd video is their behaviour with Naturally horny and the number things.

... Ah. Right. Crew-members from Frackin' Universe. Yeah, they are incompatible. You don't get anything to work with them, Defeat nor Nat-Horny-- Nor Sexbound for that matter. If you hit them with the bow, they likely won't do anything.

Other than that, it seems the mod is working fine! The arousal raises just fine, just happens you picked the one mod we cannot support.

3 hours ago, red3dred said:

... Ah. Right. Crew-members from Frackin' Universe. Yeah, they are incompatible. You don't get anything to work with them, Defeat nor Nat-Horny-- Nor Sexbound for that matter. If you hit them with the bow, they likely won't do anything.

Other than that, it seems the mod is working fine! The arousal raises just fine, just happens you picked the one mod we cannot support.

Daaaamn. That really sucks. Thing is sometimes they do actually interact with the defeat nodes. but only if they themselves kill the enemy. If I kill the enemy and the Defeat Node spawns. they freeze like in the clip above. Sometimes even they themselves just freeze when they kill it themselves. This new crewmate I got did actually behave well with Nat-Horny but now doesn't. So Frackin' Universe is the culprit. Darn :(

Well that makes sense now. Just curious, are there any plans to make like. a Frackin' Universe SexBound branch? Kinda like SBR but for FU? I know that's ALOT to ask and SB hasn't updated since 2021. But I was curious if that's ever been a thing that's crossed y'all's mind. 

3 hours ago, Toasty-Chan said:

Daaaamn. That really sucks. Thing is sometimes they do actually interact with the defeat nodes. but only if they themselves kill the enemy. If I kill the enemy and the Defeat Node spawns. they freeze like in the clip above. Sometimes even they themselves just freeze when they kill it themselves. This new crewmate I got did actually behave well with Nat-Horny but now doesn't. So Frackin' Universe is the culprit. Darn :(

Well that makes sense now. Just curious, are there any plans to make like. a Frackin' Universe SexBound branch? Kinda like SBR but for FU? I know that's ALOT to ask and SB hasn't updated since 2021. But I was curious if that's ever been a thing that's crossed y'all's mind. 

FU is very actively developed, and they VERY MUCH do NOT like adult modding, or anyone else really trying to keep up with them, almost fighting any sort of sub-mod to alter their mod. To put simply, even if we wanted to, they'd likely add a new incompatiblity on purpose at some point shortly after. (And to be clear, i've seen plenty of translation, tweak and even graphical change mods specifically for FU get shafted by FU, as they vehemently claim even the minor of mods "breaks our mod/is incompatible with our mod".)

So yeah, the problem is easily fixable, sadly, we (Sexbound modders) cannot publicly provide a solution, without creating more problems.

8 hours ago, red3dred said:

FU is very actively developed, and they VERY MUCH do NOT like adult modding, or anyone else really trying to keep up with them, almost fighting any sort of sub-mod to alter their mod. To put simply, even if we wanted to, they'd likely add a new incompatiblity on purpose at some point shortly after. (And to be clear, i've seen plenty of translation, tweak and even graphical change mods specifically for FU get shafted by FU, as they vehemently claim even the minor of mods "breaks our mod/is incompatible with our mod".)

So yeah, the problem is easily fixable, sadly, we (Sexbound modders) cannot publicly provide a solution, without creating more problems.

That is so damn annoying. Like. I LOVE FU.. But Starbound is basically kept alive on mods XD. and FU Is MASSIVE; Kinda like Terraria's Calamity Mod level of massive.. But the devs purposefully make incompatibilities so nobody can submod? Idk but that just feels really annoying and entitled. Even though they have every right to design their mod the way they want, it still feels really unfair imo. :c

Thank you anyway. Now I know the issue. >.<

On 8/3/2023 at 2:11 PM, Toasty-Chan said:

That is so damn annoying. Like. I LOVE FU.. But Starbound is basically kept alive on mods XD. and FU Is MASSIVE; Kinda like Terraria's Calamity Mod level of massive.. But the devs purposefully make incompatibilities so nobody can submod? Idk but that just feels really annoying and entitled. Even though they have every right to design their mod the way they want, it still feels really unfair imo. :c

Thank you anyway. Now I know the issue. >.<

i mean if you spend a few minutes reading up on Sayter you'll realize he's a massive fucking manchild that throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way and goes around "absorbing" (read stealing) mods for FU. even when an author gives their mod willingly, people are fucked as the original dev of the mod will drop it like a hot potato and tell em to just use FU