[mod] Dark World Extras

Dark World Extras

What this mod does:

This mod is a continuation of DocToska's add-on mod for Dark World Reborn, DW:Toska,  that contained various events, including many carried over from the original Dark World mod. Unfortunately his mod hasn't been updated in some time, and is no longer functional with the current version of CK2 or Dark World Reborn. I posted a few fixed versions in the support thread, fixing issues as well as removing some of the content that had been re-added to the core DW:R mod. However, as that makes it rather hard for people to find the latest version and information on the mod, I'm going ahead and forking it here. 

This mod contains everything that was in the DWToska Remix that I posted in the DWToska support thread, as well as a few other events I wrote that were originally in Dark World:Beyond Heresy (my first mod). I felt they're more appropriate in a mod such as this, so I'm moving them over.

This comprises a number of events and decisions/actions. Note that some of these include topics such as rape and bestiality, although I've altered the latter to be avoidable via the Dark World Fantasy settings.

Note that as of version 0.8.1 this mod requires Dark World Fantasy rather than Dark World Reborn or Dark World Tweaks (DWF being the most updated version of the core DW mod).

Credit goes to DocToska for most of the original work on this - I'm just trying to continue on that (original mod here ).

Compatibility:

This should be compatible with most other Dark World mods, though I haven't tested it extensively.

So this file is just the DW:Toska Remix, with a few general events that used to be in Beyond Heresy (namely the slave purchase and the Alleyne events). I'm forking this mod into its own topic for convenience, so people can find it more easily rather than having to hunt for the latest version of the Remix in the support topic.

Questions, comments, suggestions etc should go here. I should note that I did an initial compatibility check with Holy Fury, but haven't done so extensively, and some things may be broken, but it shouldn't cause you to CTD on load or anything.

Dark World Reborn is the latest version of Dark World, so yes in the sense that this isn't a standalone mod, and no in the sense that you don't use both the old version of Dark World from before the Rebirth series.

Oh, NOW you show back up! :)

If you want I can alawys split off your stuff again. I had to cut all the society stuff since DW added one, and the old one in DWT wasn't quite working right as I recall, also took out some of the Harley stuff since that was also added to DW (even if not all of it, haven't really dug into it).

I did add a lot of new/larger images as well, plus the other stuff.

At the moment I'm working on a tweak so that fantasy cultures from Dark World and its sub-mods can show up when using the new Random World feature (with appropriate trait and portrait assignment). This will include Orc and Elf races, and also support for Dark Elf from the House Irae mod if used too.

Made a quick update, in case anyone wants to use the Random World setting. This will allow you to use the custom cultures such as Orc and Elf, along with their DW traits and portraits.

Note that while you start out with both the culture and the trait (which represents the actual race), these two can diverge over time, so you can have various humans that adopt elven or orcish ways, while you can likewise have elves and orcs that adopt a human culture instead of their own.

This also works with Drow when using the House Irae mod, too.

Thousand blessings for keeping toska alive.

For anyone like me who plays prolific incubus barbarian king with serious case of babybooming, you can get liliths curse (the birth control basically) by getting dwt_birthcontrol.txt from old toska file folder decisions to the new dark world extras decisions folder. The related trait info was already in, just lacked the decision in intrigue menu.

16 hours ago, Aliris said:

Oh, NOW you show back up! :)

Yeah, but only briefly. Work doesn't permit me spending as much time on this as I'd like to. ?

If you want I can alawys split off your stuff again. I had to cut all the society stuff since DW added one, and the old one in DWT wasn't quite working right as I recall, also took out some of the Harley stuff since that was also added to DW (even if not all of it, haven't really dug into it).

Nah, it's in really good hands with you. I might be tempted to put some of the Harley stuff back for my own pleasure, but on the other hand I really might not even have the time for that. If it ever gets to that I'll pass you a copy of it and you can decide if you want to include it or not. It'll be in separate files for easier maintenance.

FWIW: I also updated the description of the DW:Toska and put a link to your mod right at the top, so people don't need to waste time downloading something outdated from me.

8 hours ago, Hewar said:

I assume that with this you don't need the Toska Remix. What about Beyond Heresy? You said it contains some features from that mod, so does this replace that as well? If not, since you made both mods, I assume this is compatible with that?

It is fully compatible with Beyond Heresy. (All my mods will be compatible with my other mods unless stated, as I make them primarily for my own play)

Some events that were previously in Beyond Heresy, such as encountering the elf Alleyne while hunting, are now in Extras and no longer in Beyond Heresy. This is to allow Beyond Heresy to focus solely on religion aspects, and so I will put any random unrelated events, characters, and so forth into Extras.

3 hours ago, DocToska said:

YI might be tempted to put some of the Harley stuff back for my own pleasure, but on the other hand I really might not even have the time for that. If it ever gets to that I'll pass you a copy of it and you can decide if you want to include it or not. It'll be in separate files for easier maintenance.

FWIW: I also updated the description of the DW:Toska and put a link to your mod right at the top, so people don't need to waste time downloading something outdated from me.

If you ever feel up to it, I'd be more than happy to add in anything you want to provide, for Harley or otherwise. :)

Also, note that when generating Random Worlds and using Historical Culture/Religion names, so that Orc, Elf etc show up as cultures, the custom portraits will not appear when selecting a ruler, as they don't get assigned until you start the game (for the player or otherwise).

Additionally, there will likely be a delay when recruiting new courtiers of that race (i.e., if you're an Orc and you use Invite Noble/Promote Commander/etc decisions) before those courtiers receive a portrait and the race trait, but they should get them within a year.

Note though that if you have someone who converts, either through education or event, they won't receive trait/portrait, as they're just a human that adopted orcish/elvish/etc ways.

Will the Claire (angel who confronts a Lilith-aligned character) event chain be restored in the future? I've noticed that while the Claire events have been #'d out or deleted for a long while now, the event localization and pictures remain.

If it helps, I still have an old DWT folder including the Claire events, in case it's easier to review/update the old events rather than rewrite them entirely from scratch.

43 minutes ago, gorjak said:

Will the Claire (angel who confronts a Lilith-aligned character) event chain be restored in the future? I've noticed that while the Claire events have been #'d out or deleted for a long while now, the event localization and pictures remain.

If it helps, I still have an old DWT folder including the Claire events, in case it's easier to review/update the old events rather than rewrite them entirely from scratch.

I still have a copy of the old events, though I'm not sure quite what the plan will be to do with those. Part of the consideration is that I've wanted to do something with several of the Fate characters, and the art used for the Claire events is pictures of one of the major characters from that. I might see about it if I can find some new/appropriate artworks to use (and ideally larger sized too).

Update: 

Version 0.4 has a number of bug fixes and overhauls of some of the events. For one, the Game Rule for Non-Consensual content should work fully, and block any of those events/decisions from showing up. Let me know if anyone finds that something.

Sex Education events should no longer add lifestyle traits, nor should they add lots of other traits (aside from lustful).

Rape events should no longer remove genetic traits (like strong) or add them (like weak). Also changed the negative effects to include symptom traits from Reaper's Due rather than generic "ill" (may add a trigger for those that don't have this content to use ill instead).

Future Plans:

-Add in alternate options for some of the random events so they're not so railroad-y. For instance, if you get ambushed you'll get options to fight or perhaps try to bribe the attackers instead. These options may not always work, and you may end up worse off than before, but I feel it's better to provide choices rather than just force the event as written every time.