28 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Ed, as much as i'd love to support your updating of the mod and upkeeping of it, after it dropped so many times, i have to say that this is indeed a biased perspective, that is damaging to the whole structure of the mod. I was one of such users that he described "Downloaded Androids and download RJW, and expected it to work out of the box"-- after, what reason would there be not to? Mainly when even Droids have functionality built onto them. Then i was surprised when i noticed they had no genitals, despite having read in previous posts about "droids having mechanical/hydraulic parts". We're not criticizing you as a person, nor the mod itself, its just that the denial of functionality for the Androids on purpose, harms more the users than it harms one's "immersion" or whatever beef you have to pick with Androids, ChJee, or robots in general.

That said, i still do appreciate the mod being worked on-- i just believe the need for a patch just to use Androids with RJW is a shame, since it wouldn't be necessary otherwise. I'm a modder for Starbound and Sexbound, and as a creator of such content, i had to understand and respect that everyone has their kinks, and as long as they're legal, they will request content for them. Its not up to me to decide what content "shall or shall not exist", that's just being a ass, if i had my kinks and wanted them in-game and had no skill or knowledge of how, i too would be asking for help/for others do implement it. The only reason to justifiably deny such requests is if you don't know how to, or there is a actual issue with doing so. As far as i can tell, adding genitals to the androids is all within your power, and you're just denying it because of your belief against the idea of "Digital/mechanical/robotical copies of a biological being having a reason to have genitals". I'm not undermining your prowess as a modder, and i wouldn't be able to make such patches myself, have been struggling just to make armor, and i know its NOT your obligation to add these things, but please don't lash out at other users trying to understand why they can't enjoy their games the way they choose.

because adding dicks to a robots was a bad decision from beginning

as (any of )you are reading this, you probably doing it with your pc, does it have dick? no? why have you not installed it yet?

there is no denial in functionality, if you want your (an)droids to have dicks you just buy sexbots, craft dicks or steal them from other pawns or use prepare carefully

if you dont want above solutions, you install prev mentioned patch or use dev mode to slap dicks on everything you want

or you can actually contribute to mod and change genital helper script to be more modular

im trying to create more possibilities, yet i get - we dont care, give our droid dicks

there are plenty of options, yet ppl decide not to see them, its easier to come to thread and complain

i cant satisfy everyone, mod is open source, if you dont agree with my decisions and there is no compromise reached, you fork and do patches to your own liking

18 minutes ago, EFHT said:
excuse me. any one know how to tigger Whorish_Thoughts_Captive? i did'nt find it in game?
it's lable name is "Forced whore"
thanks.

A prisoner enabled for whoring should have such thoughts, but in order for them to be able to do it, you'll have to have prisoners and guests share the same room. I'm not sure if Prison-Labour is a better approach to this, but its definitely easier, at least with Hospitality.

3 minutes ago, red3dred said:

A prisoner enabled for whoring should have such thoughts, but in order for them to be able to do it, you'll have to have prisoners and guests share the same room. I'm not sure if Prison-Labour is a better approach to this, but its definitely easier, at least with Hospitality.

So .i need build my Prison outside the base? or build Prison in the Hospitality?I didn't play Prison-Labour befor.you mean it's bater way than Hospitality ,right??

30 minutes ago, EFHT said:

So .i need build my Prison outside the base? or build Prison in the Hospitality?I didn't play Prison-Labour befor.you mean it's bater way than Hospitality ,right??

Prison Labour permits you to assign prisonners to some works so they don't stay in the prison and can't move in areas you permits them to go, it's easier for them to meet the guests.

As said in the description forced whores must seek customers to propose their service so if they stay in prison they must wait for the guest to visit this room.

10 minutes ago, Ed86 said:

because adding dicks to a robots was a bad decision from beginning

as (any of )you are reading this, you probably doing it with your pc, does it have dick? no? why have you not installed it yet?

there is no denial in functionality, if you want your (an)droids to have dicks you just buy sexbots, craft dicks or steal them from other pawns or use prepare carefully

if you dont want above solutions, you install prev mentioned patch or use dev mode to slap dicks on everything you want

or you can actually contribute to mod and change genital helper script to be more modular

im trying to create more possibilities, yet i get - we dont care, give our droid dicks

there are plenty of options, yet ppl decide not to see them, its easier to come to thread and complain

i cant satisfy everyone, mod is open source, if you dont agree with my decisions and there is no compromise reached, you fork and do patches to your own liking

1) "because adding dicks to a robots was a bad decision from beginning"

Why?  Is it because of how the Androids mod is scripted it creates bugs when trying to implement it into RJW?  The [B18] didn't seem to have any real issues with compatibility, at least for the end users.  Is it because it doesn't fit the narrative or the flavor of Rimworld/RimjobWorld?  Bionics and robotics are well-established technologies in Rimworld's lore.  Or is it because it doesn't fit your own personal worldview? Hmm.

2) "as (any of )you are reading this, you probably doing it with your pc, does it have dick? no? why have you not installed it yet?"

This is a strawman (bordering an ad hominem) if your argument is because androids having genitalia or sex is not realistic.  It's a fantasy game set thousands of years into the future.  You didn't cry foul over any of the other purely fantasy races being made compatible with RJW; there's even placeholder genitalia for demons and dragons sold by merchant ships.  Why is it that the Androids mod is getting unfair treatment?  Besides, realism should generally take a backseat to gameplay.  How fun would Super Mario Bros. be if every time Mario tried to smash bricks or hit a metal coin block with his bare fist his hand would shatter and you had to wait 6 months in real time for Mario's hand to recover before you could continue playing?

3) "there is no denial in functionality, if you want your (an)droids to have dicks you just buy sexbots, craft dicks or steal them from other pawns or use prepare carefully

if you dont want above solutions, you install prev mentioned patch or use dev mode to slap dicks on everything you want"

There IS a denial in functionality if the user has to jump through special hoops like using pawns with specific backstories, using another mod (Prepare Carefully) to fix the purposely hindered mechanics, using dev mode to fix purposely hindered mechanics OR, worst yet, being told to downgrade to an older version of the mod when no other race mod has to do any of this.  FYI: Prepare Carefully is not an adequate solution because that only solves the issue of your starting pawns; any other androids recruited or manufactured still face the previous issues.  If the user has to use dev mode to fix RJW then that should be a clear sign that something is broken and needs to be addressed.

4) "or you can actually contribute to mod and change genital helper script to be more modular"

I am contributing in the only way I can: giving feedback and bringing up issues I find with the mod.  If the developer(s) refuse or dismiss feedback and instead choose to lash out the rest is out of my hands because I am not a programmer.

5) "im trying to create more possibilities, yet i get - we dont care, give our droid dicks"

No, you're literally doing the opposite by hamstringing the out-of-the-box experience for personal motives.

6) "there are plenty of options, yet ppl decide not to see them, its easier to come to thread and complain"

It wasn't complaining, it was feedback, until you started arguing with people that disagreed with you and throwing out passive-aggressive insults.

7) "i cant satisfy everyone, mod is open source, if you dont agree with my decisions and there is no compromise reached, you fork and do patches to your own liking"

This is a very sensible sentiment I completely agree with.  It's just disappointing when it comes to this point because the developer chooses to be unreasonable.

I can't believe we are fighting over "should android came out of factory with dick as default shipment." This is so absurd like it came out of some mega-corp meeting board in sci-fi comedy shown.

Can't we just post in the front page that

Compatibility

[Android / non-organic won't come with dick as default setting in main mod (Unless the robot has sex-related background? I don't know if the game allow that kind of specific script?).  Apply > [Weirn's patch] for if you want robot dick as default ]

then be done with it?

Ed86 doesn't want to implement it, you can try to convince him but there's no reason to be emotional about it.

And Ed86, maybe you should tone down your sarcasm, people here came from different place and may have different interpreation of sarcasm. In my culture sarcasm is used only to politely say 'I don't care what you say, so I will say gibbrish thing to annoy you.'

fe2e5832bbc746d881d9de443113411c3a6dd69e8bc09d2028c3ef4fd1c63c81.jpg.e4d423750e74120ffc0e109fcd8231b2.jpg

I think I deserve a report for using this meme.

I certainly vote for dropping the topic. Ed has certainly made their stance clear.

Though, "making genital helper modular".... What's that supposed to entail?

On another note, i've been here testing left and right, destroying my save as i went along-- This save from before 1.9.1a came, i wonder if that is a reason why the supposed "conversation topics about sex" don't show at all.

20 minutes ago, red3dred said:

It'd be quite simple to set up options for various genitalia-related stuff. "All androids get genitalia by default - <checkbox>". Though as I've mentioned, the option window is getting very cluttered. And I for one have no idea how to set up tabs for it.

20 minutes ago, red3dred said:

On another note, i've been here testing left and right, destroying my save as i went along-- This save from before 1.9.1a came, i wonder if that is a reason why the supposed "conversation topics about sex" don't show at all.

Are you using Psychology? It unfortunately disables all other conversations, replacing them with its own system.

57 minutes ago, Zaltys said:

It'd be quite simple to set up options for various genitalia-related stuff. "All androids get genitalia by default - <checkbox>". Though as I've mentioned, the option window is getting very cluttered. And I for one have no idea how to set up tabs for it.

On that front, i can't help but state the the solution exists.... as to how to do it, beats me. You probably can't decompile the RunN'Gun for that info, so i guess the only way would be to ask.

58 minutes ago, Zaltys said:

Are you using Psychology? It unfortunately disables all other conversations, replacing them with its own system.

Nope, only related mod i have is "Interaction bubbles". Though, i'm about to nuke this save, so i'll know soon enough.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

On that front, i can't help but state the the solution exists.... as to how to do it, beats me. You probably can't decompile the RunN'Gun for that info, so i guess the only way would be to ask.

Oh, I've looked at it, but that didn't help much. The way that RJW does settings is so different from Run'N'Gun, and I feel like settings could be restructured in this mod, the code seems highly redundant. Just haven't got my head around how exactly those are supposed to work yet. Might be easier to just rebuild the settings from scratch.

I'd also like to set the sex frequency options to use a slider instead of spinners, but again, need to figure out how exactly those work first.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Nope, only related mod i have is "Interaction bubbles". Though, i'm about to nuke this save, so i'll know soon enough.

They're rather rare in the first place, since those topics only occur during lengthy conversations. But there's always a chance that I got something wrong with the paths. I'm usually running Psychology, so I haven't had a chance to test those much in practice. Will double-check that everything is set up correctly.

17 minutes ago, red3dred said:

I don't suppose this is all there is to it...
image.png.7fbdffdb34351d2e715689dad7b8b3c6.png

Nah, that's core.  Along with 'animal sexuality' and 'sexual fetishes'.

The new topics that should be added by RJW are listed in /Languages/English/Strings/Words/Nouns/TalkTopics_Sexual.txt

3 hours ago, red3dred said:

i imagined it as imported xml list, so it can be easily edited but on the other end i dont know how to import multi row defs with <li> stages, and as its xml, it would increase load times

then im not sure what fields it should have, and since i cant import it, i cant test anything and find what i want

I have a weird problem in my current game. Rape doesn't seem to work. I updated my RJW to the newest version and added a few extra mods I've never been using before (Prepape Carefully, Simple Sidearms) and started a new permadeath game with all cannibal/psychopath team. A nymph joins my colony and I designate her for 'took away consent'. But rape won't work, can't do it manually through right-clicking, can't trigger it through prostrating self, capturing her and turning her into prisoner won't work, locking them together in the same room with nothing else to do won't work. Rape just won't happen.  And yes, both wardens are horny (sexually frustrated actually). I even tried using humpshrooms, but to no avail. It is strange, because I previously had a warg rape/breed another prisoner, so that works, but I just can't get my human pawns to do it. I actually had one of my guys perform necrophilia on a megascarab corpse before, so other 'rape-like' actions work just fine. But the basic one is just impossible to trigger, I think I've exhausted all possible options and got no results. Is it possible that this a mod conflict? Is there any known conflict with the Simple SIdearms mod? The mods I'm using are a pretty short list: RJW, Smokeleaf Industry (no problem with that one on my previous playthroughs), Prepare Carefully and Simple Sidearms - that's it, no other mods involved.

Next version adds fail reasons to the right-click, so that'll help you figure out what the problem is.

There's a lot of reasons why colonists refuse to rape. Such as if they like the prisoner, or have a lover (who's not away from the colony). Whereas animals aren't as picky.

You should probably just designate the nymph for whorin', instead of keeping her as prisoner.

12 minutes ago, Zaltys said:

Next version adds fail reasons to the right-click, so that'll help you figure out what the problem is.

There's a lot of reasons why colonists refuse to rape. Such as if they like the prisoner, or have a lover (who's not away from the colony). Whereas animals aren't as picky.

You should probably just designate the nymph for whorin', instead of keeping her as prisoner.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that, the "they like the prisoner" part might be the case, she's a nymph and has the 'pretty' trait, so maybe the warden pawns wouldn't do it because of the social bonus from that. It was kinda wrecking my brain, because in my previous games I never encountered this problem, so I just assumed it must be a mod-conflict issue with one of the mods I haven't been using before. But now I'm thinking it might've just been the pretty trait making the pawns friendly.

1 hour ago, Vincenzo667 said:

Btw. how exactly do the whoring mechanics work? 

Not very well in the current release. Whores need some rest between jobs, but currently the masturbation job tends to trigger before whoring does, so they often end up doing that instead of servicing visitors or colonists.

I've already added a check in the next version that makes them refrain from masturbating under normal circumstances, so they can spend more time hooking up. Will need feedback on how well it works in practice. If that doesn't work well enough, I may need to change the thinktrees.

11 hours ago, Zaltys said:

Have you tried this?

private void ButtonClick(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
    this.Menu.Visibility = this.Menu.Visibility == Visibility.Visible
                                ? Visibility.Collapsed
                                : Visibility.Visible;
}

It's a collapsible menu that supposedly works in C#. Considering the games code is done in C# so it should work hopefully.