Hack!

Krynn

My password from this forum was hacked, I got an email that I should transfer $800.

That was reported by me to the police!

I just wanted to share this with everyone, which unfortunately also on this platform there are questionable persons.

My password was of course changed immediately.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mein passwort von diesem Forum wurde gehackt, ich bekam eine email das ich 800$ überweisen soll.

Das wurde von mir bei der Polizei angezeigt!

Ich wollte das nur allen mitteilen, das es leider auch hier auf dieser Plattform fragwürdige Personen gibt.

Mein Passwort wurde natürlich sofort geändert.

i get three different flavours of these emails a day. if you google the text lots of results will come up about the scam with information about how they got your password. one of the other emails wants a "mere 6000" lol.

have you ever watched Black Mirror? it's on netflix. these emails started shortly after that came out. i've yet to get them on the email address i use for loverslab yet. and i don't even have a webcam.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

i think what amuses me the most is that generally the type of person who would fall for this has no idea what a bitcoin is, what to do with it, or how to get some.

Capture.PNG

40 minutes ago, Krynn said:

they even emailed me my password.
I use internet security, the provider I would not say here.
I use this pw only here, so a strange thing!

More probable it's malware on your browser or PC in general.

If you use LL from your mobile cell phone the situation worsens since most cell phones operating systems and their derivates keep being released as overaged crap from a quality perspective.

The best security tool for your PC is your brain and reading a bit about which settings are good and which are bad. Same goes true for your surfing/email behaviour.

Other tools are nothing compared to that. 

Spoiler

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlangenöl

.. und keinesfalls verlässlich!

It's probably one of those Somalian princes who has hidden gold in the motherland and just needs an international wire to split the gold with you and give you first dibs on an ancient egyptian artifact... They just stole your passwords because they're desperate because the Shaw from Tunisia kidnapped their family and is holding them ransom and it won't end well if you don't get the blocks of gold soon!!

2 hours ago, darkconsole said:

i get three different flavours of these emails a day. if you google the text lots of results will come up about the scam with information about how they got your password. one of the other emails wants a "mere 6000" lol.

have you ever watched Black Mirror? it's on netflix. these emails started shortly after that came out. i've yet to get them on the email address i use for loverslab yet. and i don't even have a webcam.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

i think what amuses me the most is that generally the type of person who would fall for this has no idea what a bitcoin is, what to do with it, or how to get some. 

yes, that's how my mail was :classic_laugh:
still strange how one could find out my pw... :classic_huh:

I dont think this person can hide for long even in darknet. feds, interpol all aorganization cracking down this system. So if he used darknet then maybe someone higher up is already on his tail. He just dont realise it yet. But it is weird he would do all that just for this account.

Not sure what kind of  browser your using but modzilla or chrome has build in option to turn off camera or microphone when viewing the internet.

Looks more like your computer, your email account or your browser is compromised.

Change all passwords (including your email password) from a different machine/device and don't use the password-recovery function,

in case they really can read your emails at the moment.

I would shut it down, remove the drive/s and use a separate computer to scan the Drives using multiple tools.

Put them back into the Machine, disconnect from the internet, reboot repeat scan.

I recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, the free version is good enough to begin with.

14 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

I dont think this person can hide for long even in darknet. feds, interpol all aorganization cracking down this system. So if he used darknet then maybe someone higher up is already on his tail. He just dont realise it yet. But it is weird he would do all that just for this account.

Not sure what kind of  browser your using but modzilla or chrome has build in option to turn off camera or microphone when viewing the internet.

I wouldn't really rely on his words saying he's on the darknet at all. I mean, he also told darkconsole he made video recordings with an non-existent web cam... if he can tell me in detail how to reproduce this, that would be worth 800$. :)

• 1 month later...

I also received a similar email, in which they said they'd hacked my email account and correctly provided the password I use for Loverslab to "prove" I'd been hacked. Thankfully, I don't use my LL password for my email or anywhere else, or I could have had a big problem. LL may need to step up the security a little if these scammers are managing to steal passwords and use them for phishing attempts.

6 hours ago, IvanDrgl said:

I also received a similar email, in which they said they'd hacked my email account and correctly provided the password I use for Loverslab to "prove" I'd been hacked. Thankfully, I don't use my LL password for my email or anywhere else, or I could have had a big problem. LL may need to step up the security a little if these scammers are managing to steal passwords and use them for phishing attempts.

LOL!!

The hacker has either hacked your machine or has brute forced your password.  Neither of which have anything to do with LL "stepping up anything".  

Check your machine and make your passwords much longer/more complicated.  Problem solved.

Archived