View File

Ulri Hagraven Replacer v1.0 (With optional SL integration)

Description:

This mods replaces the vanilla Hagraven creatures with the Ulri (raven) anthro bird race from Bad Dog's Birds. Fully standalone.

All generic Hagravens and most unique/quest-related ones from the vanilla game and the Dragonborn DLC have been edited to use a custom non-playable version of the Ulri race from BDB. They are now considered NPCs and are able to use the same items, abilities and systems that playable races do. Stats for this custom race are the same as for creature Hagravens, and all NPCs have the same spells and AI they had in the vanilla game (with only a handful of new items added to their inventory as per their new humanoid/NPC nature). They now also use the FemaleArgonian voice type to enable further functionality such as combat dialogue/grunts while keeping their original voice files enabled and working.

Additionally, the mod does these changes:

• Melka (found in Blind Cliff Bastion) will become a potential follower* and spouse upon completion of her unique quest, The Affairs of Hagravens (started by talking to her in her cage in the Bastion). She will sandbox at the end of the Bastion indefinitely after the quest is completed unless the PC recruits and/or marries her.
  • Moira (from the A Night to Remember quest) will now have a new dialogue option for the PC to oblige her request to "consummate their love" when completing the objective of returning her wedding ring for Ysolda. If used, and after a SL scene with her (or a fallback fade-to-black scene if SL is not installed), she will give up the ring peacefully and will become a potential follower* and spouse once the ring is delivered and that part of the quest is completed.
  • Witchmist Grove has been edited to turn it into a proper and inhabitable witch cabin instead of a dump with blood and thrash laying around. It will be used by a generic Witch or Hag NPC until A Night to Remember is started, at which point Moira will spawn and live there.

*-> by default, the vanilla Female Argonian voice only includes support for marriage and not for followers; Relationship Dialogue Overhaul is needed to enable follower functionality for Melka and Moira.

REQUIREMENTS:

--- Dragonborn DLC

--- UNP Compatible body

--- XPMSE

The following mods are not a hard requirement of the mod but are strongly recommended to get the full functionality out if it:

--- Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - RDO (Required to enable follower functionality for select NPCs)

--- SexLab (Required for Moira's scene in A Night to Remember; a fallback fade-to-black scene will be used instead if SL is not installed).

And their respective requirements, if any

Notes:

--- Melka has a speed multiplier of 200 in the vanilla game, probably to compensate the slow speed of vanilla Hagravens so the PC doesn't have to wait for her while clearing the dungeon. This has been reduced to 100 (default) in her data as it is no longer needed with her as an NPC, but for some reason the value seems to stick in some cases, causing her to run extremely fast if it happens. Selecting her in the console and typing "setav speedmult 100" should fix this, but it may take some time and/or a cell transition for the change to take effect.

--- The vanilla Hagraven records have all been edited, so any mod-added NPCs that used them as a reference/template may or may not work. Best case scenario, they should be replaced with Ulri and work fine, but they may also end up still using the original (creature) Hagraven race while being assigned the wrong (new) stats or AI or having some other bug.

--- The Glenmoril witches have not been replaced yet and remain as vanilla creature Hagravens due to their custom head harvesting mechanics and scripts. Depending on the way those are set up, it may be possible to replace them too in a future update, but it would have to be looked into.

--- During normal gameplay, Moira is disabled after returning the ring to Ysolda, but there doesn't seem to be any specific script to explain why this happens. So far a scripted workaround has been used that should re-enable her and give her the proper factions and relations right after giving Ysolda the ring, but it is unknown whether this will have any unintended consequences.

--- Moira will not become a potential follower or spouse if the bribe/persuade/intimidate options are used on Ysolda to skip the ring recovery part of the quest, and may even disappear or remain indefinitely stuck at the entrance to her cabin. She will still have the proper factions, so if she doesn't end up bugged in this scenario, it should still be possible to enable her follower/spouse functionality by using a mod to raise her relationship level (e.g. SLEN) or using the "setrelationshiprank player 4" console command on her.

--- The bird talon textures are not compatible with human feet meshes. All hagraven NPCs have been given invisibe and non-playable "boots" that should prevent them from equipping other footwear and thus having texture bugs, but if the item in question has a high armor rating and/or value, they may equip it anyway (especially when following the PC).

--- Moira's original weight as per her base data is 50. It doesn't take effect in the vanilla game because creatures ignore the weight slider data, but as with any other NPC, the weight value still ends up stored in the save file once the game is started, so installing this mod mid-game may cause her to keep her 50 weight value and body shape instead of updating to 100 as her new appearance is supposed to. This bug doesn't seem to apply to Melka or the other generic Hagravens for some reason, though.

Changelog:

V1.0
--- Initial Release

Credits:

Bad Dog for the Bad Dog's Birds race mod.

Kardienlupus for the original mod idea.

Note: according to permissions, everything here should be fine, but if any author wants me to remove their assets from this file for some reason or to edit the credit section, just let me know and I will comply as soon as possible.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/13/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dragonborn DLC, UNP compatible body, XPMSE
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

View File

Now we just need someone with enough time and skills to make the ultimate follower mod:1 female follower from EACH of the beast race mods available (includes 1 female follower from each of the races from

And I mean the REAL beast races, not the 'half races' or the humans with animals ears and a tail stuck on them.

7 hours ago, PsychosCreed said:

whats the npc with the focx tail 

That's just some random Forsworn NPC. I use Yiffy Age of Skyrim to replace all humans and elves with canine and feline beast races, respectively. Bretons are replaced with foxes, and that's what you see in the picture.

I don't ever play without YAOS anymore, and I couldn't be bothered to uninstall it just to take some pics, so that's why she shows up like that.

6 hours ago, Rokabur said:

Now we just need someone with enough time and skills to make the ultimate follower mod:1 female follower from EACH of the beast race mods available (includes 1 female follower from each of the races from [BD Birds]

Well, if you use the NPC plugin for the Birds mod, it should add like 6 NPCs of each race to the world, and IIRC at least two of each group are potential followers (one male, one female), so that would be done already.

And same goes for all of our other beast race mods: Cellan, Lungaris and Selachii all have optional plugins that add NPCs to the world.

And I mean the REAL beast races, not the 'half races' or the humans with animals ears and a tail stuck on them.

Agreed. Slapping some fake tail and ears on a human does not change the fact that they are still human, and not beast races.

Wish there were this many beast races for Fallout games. As for all those mods, would still be nice to have them as just one plug-in but from what I've read, it seems to take hours just to create a single one. I probably should dust off Skyrim since its been like 4 years since I last touched it.

5 hours ago, Rokabur said:

Wish there were this many beast races for Fallout games.

Agreed. There are some of them already, like the Vulpine Race  and Xarna for FO4, and even a handful more for FO3/FNV if you aren't very picky or don't mind WIPs (Project Renamon, for example), but it would be great to have more of them.

Plus, the SCIENCE! theme Fallout has would make for a good explanation of why such races exist in the first place. I mean, just from the Old World Blues DLC, Dr. Borous is a brain-in-a-jar that has been literally bathing in drugs for 200 years and has gone way crazy, and yet not only does he still manage to cross a mammal with a reptile (coyote + rattlesnake = night stalker) for shits and giggles, he does such a good job that they become fertile and thrive in the Mojave even though they were meant to be sterile.

With that in mind, beast races sound pretty feasible to me, lol.

As for all those mods, would still be nice to have them as just one plug-in but from what I've read, it seems to take hours just to create a single one. I probably should dust off Skyrim since its been like 4 years since I last touched it.

It would be possible to merge them all into one plugin, yes. It may take some work, but it's certainly feasible, especially thanks to the mod merging utilities like Merge Plugins which should take care of (almost) everything. So you could always do it yourself if you want.

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Agreed. There are some of them already, like the Vulpine Race  and Xarna for FO4, and even a handful more for FO3/FNV if you aren't very picky or don't mind WIPs (Project Renamon, for example), but it would be great to have more of them.

Plus, the SCIENCE! theme Fallout has would make for a good explanation of why such races exist in the first place. I mean, just from the Old World Blues DLC, Dr. Borous is a brain-in-a-jar that has been literally bathing in drugs for 200 years and has gone way crazy, and yet not only does he still manage to cross a mammal with a reptile (coyote + rattlesnake = night stalker) for shits and giggles, he does such a good job that they become fertile and thrive in the Mojave even though they were meant to be sterile.

With that in mind, beast races sound pretty feasible to me, lol.

It would be possible to merge them all into one plugin, yes. It may take some work, but it's certainly feasible, especially thanks to the mod merging utilities like Merge Plugins which should take care of (almost) everything. So you could always do it yourself if you want.

I do use the Vulpine race but because Fallout games don't have a race with tails by default, you need a specially made skeleton. That skeleton however isn't compatible with Sexout. If you try to have sex the dick stretches to infinity while if you disable the skeleton the tail stretches to infinity. Xarna looks really nice and wish it had a New Vegas port. There are 2 "Renamon" race mods and both are kinda scary to look at.

1 hour ago, Rokabur said:

I do use the Vulpine race but because Fallout games don't have a race with tails by default, you need a specially made skeleton. That skeleton however isn't compatible with Sexout. If you try to have sex the dick stretches to infinity while if you disable the skeleton the tail stretches to infinity.

Yeah, you don't need to tell me about it. While it's not an actual solution, FO4 does have its "cloth" physics that at least allow the tail to be somewhat "animated" instead of static without the need for special skeletons or anything like that, though to be honest it still doesn't make it (do check out Xarna if you ever get the chance, I think her tail physics look pretty good all things considered).

Never really looked at Sexout because I would only be interested in Vulpine-on-Vulpine action, and since male Vulpines don't have textured dicks (yet?), it wouldn't work out anyway. Shame to hear the custom skeleton is not Sexout-compatible, though.

1 hour ago, Rokabur said:

There are 2 "Renamon" race mods and both are kinda scary to look at.

I only know of the one I linked, but it's true it's not that good (hence my comment about "not being so picky" or "not minding WIPs"). The head isn't terrible, especially when compared to the vanilla human potato heads, but it's static; and the body textures aren't particulary hi-res. The body mesh and the extras like the tail and fur "fins" are not bad, and so are the custom armors/items from the mod, but that's it.

I should mention there's a Renamon race listed on our race projects list, so while not guaranteed to happen at all, there's a slight chance we'll get a proper race mod for it at some point. It would be for Skyrim instead of Fallout, but hey, something's something.

I just wanted to see if anyone has done this before I go and do it and potentially fuck up my game again, how does this interact with MaidenRaven? I'd like to keep the character models from that mod but also have the features of this one, and would like to know before I start breaking stuff again.

13 minutes ago, blakmagix said:

I just wanted to see if anyone has done this before I go and do it and potentially fuck up my game again, how does this interact with MaidenRaven? I'd like to keep the character models from that mod but also have the features of this one, and would like to know before I start breaking stuff again.

I would have to check out the plugin to be sure, but it's pretty much guaranteed to overwrite my changes to the Hagraven NPCs and will probably break the follower functionality and the A Night To Remember scene (which I assume is what you are interested in, since the other main point of this mod is turning them into anthro ravens and that would be moot with MaidenRaven installed).

Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever make a patch for it (not interested in lame old oomans), but I may think about updating the mod with the clothes from that file if it's possible. So thanks for the heads up about it.

9 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I would have to check out the plugin to be sure, but it's pretty much guaranteed to overwrite my changes to the Hagraven NPCs and will probably break the follower functionality and the A Night To Remember scene (which I assume is what you are interested in, since the other main point of this mod is turning them into anthro ravens and that would be moot with MaidenRaven installed).

Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever make a patch for it (not interested in lame old oomans), but I may think about updating the mod with the clothes from that file if it's possible. So thanks for the heads up about it.

I did some testing with both mods up. The models will be yours (this mod) if MaidenRaven is set before it, and they will be MaidenRaven's if it's set after yours so I can switch between if the current models bore me. At the very least, the guy who did MaidenRaven seems to have figured out something involving the Glenmoril Witches (not like I've really taken a look into that, but apparently they remodeled those hagravens as well), so maybe you can dig into that and figure out how to replace the vanilla Witches without causing issues with the head harvesting mechanic.

I just found out about your mod lately, Blaze69 :)

Pretty funny on how it's covered. I loved it on the mod worked out.

@  2:37  

Hope to see Ulri Hagraven Replacer being ported to Skyrim SE real soon.

I'll be learning a bit on skyrim modding soon and would like to make companion mods or as enemies from your race mods such as The Selachii and The Lungaris.

9 minutes ago, roger11 said:

I just found out about your mod lately, Blaze69 :)

Pretty funny on how it's covered. I loved it on the mod worked out.

Lol. I saw the thread about MXR covering LL mods ("never even been to LL before". Suuuuuuure buddy), but didn't know this one was actually the first one covered. Thanks for the heads up.

9 minutes ago, roger11 said:

Hope to see Ulri Hagraven Replacer being ported to Skyrim SE real soon.

It should be possible to port it just like with any other mod (I'm sure there are guides around). The only thing that may pose some problems would be re-exporting FaceGen, as I didn't pack the tintmask textures (put the file size through the roof and weren't going to be used anyway); but it should work out if you install the original Birds mod first and then extract the contents of this mod's BSA over it.

As for an "official" port, it may happen at some point but it isn't in my plans so far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/13/2018 at 12:40 PM, duzellx said:

hey doing testing in SE -for those that care?- 

simply loose files seems to make it function so far that i can tell , havent tried the quests yet 

Thanks for the tip, it definitely works with loose files in SSE. Thanks to the author as well for this awsome mod!

• 2 weeks later...

It's SSE compatable. I should know. The Animated Dragon Wings mod is SSE ready thanks to Sabregirl porting the animations in her mod which makes the BDBirds mod fully portable. I actually have ported it. It's floating in a post in the thread. I also ported the Cellan race and that's in its thread. I ported the Selachii as well but haven't posted that anywhere.

• 1 month later...

Is there any chance this will be converted over to SSE?  I've tried using Bad Dogs Birds, as well as this and while one only partly works this one outright refuses to work.  I also can't figure out how to load it up as loose files.  I've seen pics online that show a little box that says "load loose files" but I do not seem to have such an option.  Is there anyone smart enough to help me seeing as I am beyond mentally retarded.  I've already spent multiple hours trying to figure this out and am ready to give up.   

• 3 months later...

Melka1.png.66d32aa1df8b537531114e1eeb15176e.png

Melka2.png.e70d0d846eedaecf28b28d9af9af63ac.pngMelka3.png.b6f1cefc2df4e58cc7b6180853d0b58e.pngMelka4.png.c588e18697d9c786b8990159235fc064.png

I'm considering writing some dialog for Melka here, mostly for a less random interaction(the above being with SLEN), which would have a few variant lines from Melka, considering the player's race. Otherwise, a few side options, mostly related. Overall, not something as involved as any character for the Selachii mod, but something to give more of a reason to have Melka as a follower, or an NPC which you might occasionally visit. 

Also, I do have a mod or two that changes Blind Cliff Bastion a bit, though the changes to that are minimal. One thing I obviously thought of was either adding a light(candle/wall torch) to the small room with the "bed" that Melka possibly uses(if she even has a sleep package, that is), or perhaps a few overall changes this mod could make to "clean up" that area a bit, like maybe giving her a slightly bigger "bedroom"(still on the small side, as it would be more a "nest" for Melka), and perhaps making the last room not have a debris filled floor, perhaps replacing it with 

1 hour ago, Kuroyami said:

I'm considering writing some dialog for Melka here, mostly for a less random interaction(the above being with SLEN), which would have a few variant lines from Melka, considering the player's race. Otherwise, a few side options, mostly related. Overall, not something as involved as any character for the Selachii mod, but something to give more of a reason to have Melka as a follower, or an NPC which you might occasionally visit. 

Considering all of her dialogue is still voiced (I duplicated the original Hagraven voice files to the FemaleArgonian folder to be sure they were), giving her unvoiced dialogue would be a bit jarring. That being said, I guess it would be an option.

1 hour ago, Kuroyami said:

Also, I do have a mod or two that changes Blind Cliff Bastion a bit, though the changes to that are minimal. One thing I obviously thought of was either adding a light(candle/wall torch) to the small room with the "bed" that Melka possibly uses(if she even has a sleep package, that is), or perhaps a few overall changes this mod could make to "clean up" that area a bit, like maybe giving her a slightly bigger "bedroom"(still on the small side, as it would be more a "nest" for Melka), and perhaps making the last room not have a debris filled floor, perhaps replacing it with 

Those changes sound reasonable, I can look further into it if/whenever I get around to updating this mod.

On 6/1/2019 at 6:09 PM, Blaze69 said:

Considering all of her dialogue is still voiced (I duplicated the original Hagraven voice files to the FemaleArgonian folder to be sure they were), giving her unvoiced dialogue would be a bit jarring. That being said, I guess it would be an option.

Indeed, though I'll try to keep her new lines as consistent as possible with her existing dialog.

Those changes sound reasonable, I can look further into it if/whenever I get around to updating this mod.

Forgot the last bit though, but perhaps something akin to what would be expected, like a enchanting table, etc. Probably the most significant change any mod I use makes would be Word Walls Relocated, which adds a word wall here for a word that would be otherwise inaccessible without doing certain questlines(not sure which one, though), while it makes the vanilla wall do nothing. Not specifically suggesting that needs to be worked around, but...

Also, a few options - no sex ones yet, though.

Spoiler

[PC] - What are sentient races to you?
          |
         M - Many things, yes. 
               |
             [PC] Such as?
                     |
                   M - Meat. Materials for magic. 
                         |
                       [PC] You...eat them?
                               |
                              M - Some of them, yes. But pretty ones sometimes survive, help Melka.

[PC] [PlayerCompletedNamiraQuest, Has OR Wearing Ring] You follow Namira then?
                               |
                              M - Does it need to worship a deity to eat it's meat? 

[PC] - You called Petra your, sister. Is she really?
          |
        M - Ritual take us both. From weak mortal, to strong Raven, tied to old magic. 
              |
             M - It was not wanted, she was not yet chosen. The power split, leaving Melka strong, but weak. 
                   |
                  [PC] Is that why she took over your tower?
                          |
                         M - Petra lived in shadow, she did not like. She knew tower mine, wanted it for herself. She could not kill Melka, no. Power goes away.

[PC] Do you have your full power, with her dead?
                         |
                        M - Yes. Morsel need not fear Melka, no.

[PC] What was she like before?
                         |
                        M - Impatient, unreasonable, murderous. Ritual did not change her enough. 

[PC] - How are Hagravens made?
          |
         M - Old magic, secret magic, yes. 
               |
              [PC] Would it work on males?
                     |
                    M - Some stories lie, yes. Make being told, safer, easier. 

Not sure if you would rather the direction of the Hagraven's being a separate race, or that they were once the same as the other "Witch" or "Hag" mages the game has. If the former, then that one quest in INPC would have issues, though I'm not sure of the worth or what a patch could do to fix it. If the latter, it keeps with the lore, given the three Witches on Solsthiem(Bloodmoon DLC) being Hagravens in Dragonborn(DLC). 

Also the lines don't directly say if Petra is actually her sister, just implying a connection through the ritual that should have only changed Melka, but Petra forced herself into it as well. The suggested result, is that both became Hagravens, and while the power is Melka's, it was split between them, unfortunately leaving both with a degree of power, but Melka with more understanding of it, though Petra had more of the raw power. Hence why she was able to overpower Melka(with help, at least given the Forsworn in the Tower), and put her in the cage. Also, the suggestion is made that, Melka can't just be killed, as that would make Petra loose her power as well. Though what this would mean, I'll probably add something to explain too.