[mod] [CK2] Luxuria Fantasia - Updated: 23AUG20

Yeah I got that, it's the HF one with the dragon and egg portraits.  Same with the dog, cat, duck, and so on.  The DWF dragons are already a separate culture group of it's own so there's no issues there.  Same with the Dark Elves submod.  I think that the animal kingdoms cultures from HF will be fun when mixed with DWF so I edited that existing one instead of giving DWF it's own special culture type.  Wasn't really the point of my post though lol.

I just want to know if reorganizing the Dark World Fantasy \common\cultures\dwtw_cultures.txt into individual culture groups will have any adverse effects on the rest of the mod.  Traits, event filters, and so on.  Right now the DWF cultures are all clumped together into one culture group and I wasn't sure if that was on purpose or not.

I plan on doing testing tomorrow when I get home from work and the gym at the end of the day, but figured it might save me time if I asked.

14 hours ago, kyorinrin said:

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, new to this mod and haven't read through all 35 pages yet lol.  But would it break anything if I split up your common\cultures\dwtw_cultures.txt   "dwtw_fantasy_group" into true individual groups? 

You should be safe. There is absolutely nothing in DWF that calls for the fantasy culture group, only individual cultures.

It has come to my attention that the latest update has an errant /interface/portrait_properties/00_portrait_properties.txt file. This file was used to test new layers with the custom portraits with ReMeDy, and was mistakenly included into the update. Please delete this file, as it may screw up cross-mod compatibility.

Here you go, this is all the stuff I edited in your mod.  I included two new culture randomization options for random world generation: "Dark World Fantasy" and "Dark World Animals".  This basically spreads the dark worlds fantasy cultures more around the map and makes them larger chunks of the world.

"Dark World Fantasy" is only DWF cultures and the stock cultures.  Uses DWF dragons.

"Dark World Animals" includes the animal cultures from HF.  Uses the HF dragons instead of DWF dragons.

Anyone can use this to make DWF random world friendly, just drag and overwrite.  Won't be compatible with any additional mods that change how random worlds are generated obviously.

NOTES:

• I'd suggest making a new culture for boring "standard" humans of your own so you can make a giant human empire in the mix.  Or choose an existing one in the game and add it to the same 01_spread { } blocks that have the DWF stuff.  It's pretty easy if you want me to rig it up for you.
  • "Animal Kingdoms" should favor HF animal cultures over the DWF cultures, but random makes things wonky.  
  • No idea why "Animal Worlds" adds DWF cultures.  It shouldn't by all rights.
  • No idea how to make this sub mod friendly and include weighting of Dark Elves and the like.
  • Do whatever you want with this and don't worry about giving me credit, just as an fyi.  Made this mostly for my own use.
  • Play with the spread values in 01_spread to see what works best for you for DWF cultures vs stock ones.  
  • Any particular reason that several of your cultures share the same color?  Just kind of odd.  Neko, Kitsune, Orc, and Dwarves are all blue.  And than Dragons and Fairies are both pink.

v.11      Fixed some stupid mistakes like how Fae weren't included.

Edited DWF v.11.zip

Can anyone explain how the dragon interactions work exactly? I understand slaving contracts, selling slaves and prisoners, but not the ambassador thing.

I see ai rulers doing it. So they send a daughter off, and sometimes she never comes back, and sometimes she brings back an egg? is that how that works?

Is there any advantage to it aside from "this is my cool dragon portrait character"?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, namor360 said:

Can anyone explain how the dragon interactions work exactly? I understand slaving contracts, selling slaves and prisoners, but not the ambassador thing.

I see ai rulers doing it. So they send a daughter off, and sometimes she never comes back, and sometimes she brings back an egg? is that how that works?

Is there any advantage to it aside from "this is my cool dragon portrait character"?

Thanks.

That's intentional. If you send off your daughter, there's a small chance she may get fucked so thoroughly that she never wants to leave. It's a tradeoff. You can either risk your daughter for an egg, or go yourself and have the incapacitating effect of being pregnant with a dragon egg.

I installed(C.K.2 v3.0.1.1 the whole pack of this mod(including vanilla), first impressions: part of the personage portraits are "displayed" as black circles with numbers? . By the way: despite the fact that there are lesbian families in the game, it is impossible to create a similar - you see, what for player-controlled character this impossible even with the console command "marry_anyone". I managed to find a mod "Legalized_Gay_Marriage", but it is old and don't seem to be fully operational - is it possible to use it for Dark World Fantasy?

2 hours ago, Yuhi said:

I installed(C.K.2 v3.0.1.1 the whole pack of this mod(including vanilla), first impressions: part of the personage portraits are "displayed" as black circles with numbers? . By the way: despite the fact that there are lesbian families in the game, it is impossible to create a similar - you see, what for player-controlled character this impossible even with the console command "marry_anyone". I managed to find a mod "Legalized_Gay_Marriage", but it is old and don't seem to be fully operational - is it possible to use it for Dark World Fantasy?

Legalized Gay Marriage works fine with latest version of game and DWF, not counting one small issue with decision to use surrogate father to make a kid (counts as infidelity even if your spouse agreed to this, seems like a mod issue, not compatibility or something like that).

41 minutes ago, rallyelgen said:

Either I'm just blind or i don't know what... this talks about court-size and how to increase it... i cant find anything about a way to set a specific total minimum number of characters/people always living in game (so if one character dies, another will be born somewhere else for example)...

Open up your /common/defines.lua file in a text editor and run a search for the lines mentioned in the page's reference. Change those values how you like. Just be warned that there's a very good reason that CK2 autoprunes characters, and churning this number up will cause hella lag.

That's very interesting about the reduced fertility, if I'm reading that right it doesn't affect your dynasts.

So there really is NO reason to land your first born if they can make grandkids and such while still hanging out in your court.

I always try to get rid of useless courtiers but over time the number of courtiers that have *some* kind of use (like a claim) starts to build up. 

The most aggravating thing though is when some random courtier shows up in my court with 5 kids and I marry them off and they leave their kids behind.

I'm like, does it say "day care center" on my castle?

Hey lockesly, I found some supposedly code errors on DWF, just wanna let you know. I'm using 1.5.2 not 1.6 so you might have fixed it in 1.6, but just in case it's not:

events\DWTTweaksPriest.txt

line 176 and line 201

if = {
			limit = { # Both liege and chancellor are women
				is_female = yes
				event_target:dwtw_priest = {
					is_female = yes
					OR = {
							trait = homosexual
						}
						is_lover = event_target:dwtw_priest
					}				

is_lover = event_target:dwtw_priest

should be

is_lover = ROOT

as the scope is the priest not ROOT. The code event_target:dwtw_priest = { is_lover = event_target:dwtw_priest } will never be true.

so this is the fixed code

if = {
			limit = { # Both liege and chancellor are women
				is_female = yes
					is_female = yes
					OR = {
							trait = homosexual
						}
						is_lover = ROOT
					}				

:D

25 minutes ago, Yuhi said:

How interesting: even the program code this "full version" was not completed?? Also, here is the reason for the "black portraits with numbers" - in a carelessly by "made" *dds-modules of the sector /gfx 

remedy_portrait_swapping23.gif

There is nothing in DWF that uses that portrait strip. If you are seeing them in the game, you're using an outdated submod.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:33 PM, lockeslylcrit said:

It has come to my attention that the latest update has an errant /interface/portrait_properties/00_portrait_properties.txt file. This file was used to test new layers with the custom portraits with ReMeDy, and was mistakenly included into the update. Please delete this file, as it may screw up cross-mod compatibility.

Is this still valid for version 1.6.1?

10 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

1.6.1 does not have the file. If you updated instead of deleting/reinstalling fresh, then you'll need to delete the file manually.

Ah, you're right.

I must have unzipped the wrong archive as I was juggling with both. The zip tool I'm using doesn't support modern versions of PKZIP (it can only handle version up to 4.6), which did not unpack some of the files. While troubleshooting the issue, I downloaded the new version but unzipped the previous one instead.

My bad. ?